MTG Eternal Masters General

Full spoiler is out
>mythicspoiler.com/ema/index.html

What formats do you play?
What singles do you plan to purchase?
If you're playing in unsanctioned events exclusively, why don't you print them out?

i play edh

i plan on purchasing a natural order if the price goes low enough

ill also purchase a cabal therapy, its not ideal in edh but its just a great card thats good to have and should be cheaper now that its being reprinted

other than that ill just do one draft with my playgroup if they want to, or buy a few packs for myself if they dont and see what i get, not really concerned with getting the big money cards, that would be just a bonus

So far the prices for EMA cards, except for maybe half a dozen that were reprinted at uncommon, are exactly the same they were 6 months ago when the set was announced, at most a 10% devaluation. I won't be buying them unless they drop 25%+.

I just want cheaper cabal therapies so I can rebuild my casual jank mono-B reanimator, also need them for Dredge memes.

I'm going to do it guys, how much of a cuck am I?

>store is selling EMA boxes for 200 dollars for the first 10 preorders
>tradebinder is total dogshit now that I traded almost everything for the playset of Rishadan Ports (before the spoilers started) and other D&T staples
>plan to start rebuilding tradebinder value by buying a box of EMA

The lowest possible value you can get out of a box is $28, (mythics are Balance and Worldgorger, rares being junk); so purchase at your own risk.

If you want to improve your trade binder, draft.

>the they print siege gang commander
>no other good goblins like lackey

Holy fuck I type like a retard. Anyway, why did they even bother with siege gang commander while all the other goblins are trash? Like they could have reprinted lackey, ringleader, matron, or even goddamn sharphshooter. But no, no good goblins in sight (sans fanatic/marshal but they didn't even need a reprint).

With this as a baseline, how hard do you expect me to get gouged per-pack?

You should buy a box(es), keep it sealed and resell it in the future if the price goes up.

Heh, they clearly intended this to be bottle gnomes originally.

Don't know why I find that so funny.

HAHA HOLY SHIT

Wait, what the fuck??

time for some tinfoils

>tempacctleak leaks EM on reddit
>says he is sure about SFM and Rishadan Ports
>vendorleak happens at the same time
>WotC says they'll look into it
>complete silence for weaks
>no further leaks
>no communication whatsoever
>spoilers are done in a quick fashion
>set looks... weird - lots of weird inclusions and rarity upshifts

so, what is their production timeline
when the leak happened, at what point were they?
was it time enough to make some "adjustments"? like removing some cards and go on from there?

just a weird feeling because a lot of the limited archetypes look very unfinished and unrefined to me and far from being "eternal"
almost as if they made some last minute changes

I knew magic was horrible. Just look at all this power creep.

I'm planning to buy Entomb because it's illustrated by Seb McKinnon who's my favourite artist

I don't plan on getting into legacy or buying any EMA but I want this in foil and not just once.

>only set where modern cardframe LoA would fit
>make blue tribe Flying Bullshit instead

You gotta wait for the cards to hit market. It's all speculation now.

>Formats
Modern and draft
>Singles
For trading, I want the pyro/hydroblast, cabals, and any other real money card.
For personal use I'd really like getting a pair or WoGs for a control deck I'm brewing.
Foils I'm after are rancor (for my boggles), the shrine cycle (just 1 of each), and a roots (it is kinky)
>print
I don't play IRL games where any of them matter (yet)

>full box
>already opened
Do not buy. This reeks of a box pilfered for all its money cards by using box mapping. The fact the box is already opened and the set is so old makes it a very spooky buy.

This set is over all much more powerful then others so it explains why the card is so above average of a 3 mana robot.

Pauper and Legacy here. Might see if I can get some forces.

Didn't wasteland absolutely tank?

I really hope I pull a foil deep analyses. I want to make a Nico-themed commander deck.

I doubt it would stay low as it is a rare.

>drafting Vintage cube on XMage
>T3 Brimaz
>T4 Armaggedon
The guy conceded. I followed up with a Dromoka into Armageddon for game 2.

It's also entirely possible that WotC was aware of leakers and deliberately fed disinfo to see where it would end up. The equivalent of putting food dye into water to see where the leaks happen.

Same thing happened with that one guy OblivionedOne on MTGS. Pretty spot on with everything else, but he got screwed with this.

Also in any case the draft format for this set looks awful

>What formats do you play?
Commander mostly, with a bit of draft and Standard and cubing on the side.

>What singles do you plan to purchase?
Need a Mana Crypt, Entomb, and Sylvan Library for 3 of my commander decks. Might need to get a Duplicant for another.

I'll draft the set a couple times at the least. I'm in the beginning stages of designing a legacy cube and there's some good cards at all rarities that I can put to use even if they're not worth much.

>Also in any case the draft format for this set looks awful
It's alright. Cube is better though.

Will argothian Enchantress tank completly? I was hoping it to be reprited, but not at mythic

Is eternal masters going to have a prerelease or is it going to be what ever your local store does? I want a lot of these cards but I hate just buying packs. I want at least a draft.

All I want is that sick ass Balance. Its the one card I have always loved but have never seen in person. It completely represents how I want to play the game and its got sick ass art to go with it.

My perfect deck would let others DO not stop their thing. Green gonna ramp? Let them. Then just balance it out and remove their advantages from them. I dont do my thing harder and better, I just deny them their thing once they thing they have done it.

Counters are for fags.

Im getting into Legacy. I've bought Karakas, Wasteland, some other non-EMA reprints for now. Once EMA hits the market, i will get some other cards.

My idea is to build a non-Guide Burn and GWx Maverick for now.

I would love a balance.dec but is banned in all formats except vintage. Nobody plays vintage on my country.

I know. I know the reasoning behind WHY they stripped white of that ability but it still upsets me. Its a game. Some one will lose and feel bad so who cares if my method of winning feels more dickish than normal by basically telling them their deck building skills dont matter?

Balance effects are always my favorite effects in any game.

White still has that ability in Cataclysm and Tragic Arrogance.

You should just buy a box and have a free draft for 7 of your playbuddies.

The equivalent of balance is restore balance, but is obvously weaker

Normally I would do that but I just moved from Florida to New Hampshire so I have no group at all right now.

Wait wait wait

Is that $25 for a single pack?

No, it's $24.99.

Where in NH buddy?

I agree with people who say that some of the new artwork is worse, however I think that all of the new artwork will look way more sick in foil than the old artworks could.

Feel free to disagree, just thought I'd share my opinion on something

Dumping this kike shit, not even Pauper is safe.

What should I play instead?

If you're up by Merrimack there's a good shop there

"Keene" I think the name is.

Seems to be about an hour from me.

Well Keene has Comic Boom

Keene is also not that far from Brattleboro which I'm sure has game shops

>Designed with limited in mind
>Tiny print run so you can only draft once

>Didn't wasteland absolutely tank?
If by "tank" you mean, "It went back to the price it was a year and a half ago before it spiked to the price it was before it dropped with the announcement of Eternal Masters," then yes, it "tanked".

Nothing that people want tanks in this game anymore. It just goes to the absurd price it was at before as opposed to staying at the super-absurd price it was.

I got my 2 wastelands for $20 a pop three weeks ago

I play legacy, pauper and edh.
I want playsets of Ichorid, Chain Lightning, Price of Progress, Cabal Therapy and Wasteland to replace the foil/old border cards from my decks.
I also want a lot of other stuff like the tutors, orb, library and a bunch of commons for casual decks.

I got wastelands at 50c eons ago, literally hundreds of them because I really liked the flavor text. Sold all but 8 when I came back to magic because of Commander precons catching my attention and built a whole EDH toolbox plus Stoneblade and later Miracles,
First time being an oldfag pays.

What are you on about?

>formats
Edh, thinking about getting into Legacy

>Cards
Need a Mana Crypt but propably won't get one cause I can't see the price drop.
I'll get me a second top though, Vampiric Tutor (depending on the price if it doesn't go down it'll be demonic tutor) and sone other stuff, can't remember all the spoilers from the top of my heaf but there are a few more cards I'd like. A lot of cards I hoped for aren't in the set though and I won't buy any packs or boxes.

Just cascade into it. Sure, it requires a dedicated deck but it does exist.

Werebear retext is a fucking failure of design. Way to piss people off.

Rorix and Necropotence aren't looking any better now but they could be worse I guess.

Prodigal Sorcerer new art is ugly.

Lightning Bolt at rare is retarded.
Worldgorger at Mythic is dumb, Rare was already too much.

Those are good redesigns in the set:
+ Pyro/Hydroblast
+ Winter Orb
+ Memory Lapse
+ Sinkhole
+ Firebolt
+ Gamble
+ old art on Fact or Fiction is appreciated

What do people like about the new blasts? I think they look terrible.

>Lightning Bolt at rare is retarded.
Lightning Bolt isn't even in the set, m8

>he fell for the rare lightning bolt meme

What's the appeal in playing a format that allows super-powered cards that literally won't be reprinted? As long as the reserved list exists, I don't see the point of getting into legacy. Do you hate money that much?

Wasteland as ruins of City of Brass looks good, I think.

After the whole set was spoilered and everyone lost faith in Wizards again I was like shit this isn't even remotely close to worth being opened or drafted. But when I went back and looked at all the commons and uncommons I was pretty surprised that there is a lot of decent stuff reprinted.

I know the set will be opened a lot so I should be able to get the uncommons and commons at a good price. Stuff like invigorate, cabal, daze, harmonize, swords etc etc. Alot of the time If people are just cracking packs and they pull shit like Jace they would get Hella excited and I'd be like hey man you want the rest of your pack and they'd be like man you can just have all that shit. That's what I did with khans when they were pulling sarkhan and I was like hey man you want that swiftspear. And with MM2 except that was shit in all the rarities. Never buying packs though

Another rare bumped up to mythic for no good goddamn reason. Thanks Wizards.

>Werebear retext is a fucking failure of design. Way to piss people off.

Only the stupidest of little children liked the original text.

Don't worry my friend, this is a good set and will be sold ASAP!
Just ignore the evil proxy using naysayers!

This set costs 14 EUR for a single pack. The price of nothing you'd actually want is going to go down.

Thx sneaky toilet water man

Remind me what was so good/valuable in Ravnica to justify this pricetag.

The fact that they re-errata'd WOrb to be able to turn off is basically the single most positive thing that came out of this sorry failure of a set.

In the old days the primary reason WOrb was a good card was because you could turn it off with Relic Barrier or whatnot. WotC changed the rules under it, but unlike Howling Mine, they didn't implement the function into the card itself. It's about fucking time they did that.

Only cards in Ravnica that have a price tag above $25 are Bob, Doubling Season and Glimpse, so if you open anything else than those three you got robbed. I guess you could pray for a foil fetch or something.

cabal therapy is banned in edh

but no one liked the card for anything else but it's flavor text

they just completely missed the point why people remembered/liked this particular card

same with Orcish Oriflame
according to some user it was only popular in cube because of an existing misprint

just shows wotc being incompetent dimwits once again

wotc is a freakshow of incompetent social rejects who have long lost any contact to their playerbase or the game itself
they need to get their information from second hand sources and this is what happens

inb4 someone points out it is "its flavour text"

At least they didn't ruin the best flavor in magic.

Braids you mean?

>describes how he basically is stealing dank commons and uncommons
>must be a jew

>fetches in Ravnica
did you mean shocks user?

Why are they making all these uncommon elves rare?

can't have limited archetypes that make sense, user, then people might draft them!

To protect scal- I mean, collectors.

We like different things than you

Yes, Limited must be preserved. Next time they will stop printing any cards, because they could be drafted as archtype.

Why couldn't they have printed literally any of the decent lands?

My LGS is selling boxes for 240, damn I'm glad to live in a great place.

>EV 10~

Yeah I've seen it for over 350, at least I'm not getting ripped off by wizards and my lgs, just wizards

>non-guide burn
Y tho

peregrine drake has me wanting to brew a time control deck for pauper. what can i use in addition to high tide to stop the the other guy from playing?

>High tide
>Pauper legal

Why wouldn't it be? It was common in Fallen Empires.

MTGO printings only, my man

I have never had a Tragic Arrogance be less than a blowout play in EDH. One of the best white spells in the format.

>designed with limited in mind
>the limited is bad

>Prodigal Sorcerer new art is ugly.

it's functional, way better than the old one.

>Werebear retext is a fucking failure of design. Way to piss people off.

Honestly the old flavour text was cringey, but without the old shit flavour text why even print it again? Why is this card even in there?

>Prodigal Sorcerer new art is ugly
Fuck off dude, it's better than the old shit art it had. By far.

Werebear was one of the best creatures in the game for a long time ya nitwit. A 2 mana 4/4 was good before goyf got printed.

>Final spoiler comes out
>Everything not in the set goes up 20-30% in price
Thanks WOTC for helping out the format

>Canadian Threshold will be in Pauper
>Grixis Delver is in Pauper
>Dredge is in Pauper
>Affinity is in Pauper

What the fug

>helping out the format
but they never inteded too. as they said multiple they don't care about the secondary market, they just wanted to make some money on eternal formats

>Dredge is viable in pauper
>Dredge is not viable in memedern
>YFW memedern isn't a real format

>they said multiple they don't care about the secondary market
That's clearly not true though.

If that were the case, they'd dump the reserved list and start selling cards themselves.

There are tons of goblin tokens in this set. RW tokens is one of the draft archetypes. Orcish Oriflame just makes sense to include as a limited common. Or is there another limited common that would be beter?