/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

"H" Jones Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/8tatre3vd10yv/Avalon_Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/folder/leiblotusqzw3/Falklands_War
mediafire.com/download/ckte3h3nt4ix5dh/Crimean War Basics - Britain France and Sardinia.pdf
mediafire.com/download/tkz0almcmkb557c/Crimean War Basics - Russia and Turkey.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_submachine_gun
mediafire.com/download/tutgw7diwkl7gec/Osprey - CAM 080 - Tobruk 1941.pdf
mediafire.com/download/13sdgtokr4vclof/Tobruk.pdf
youtube.com/channel/UCK09g6gYGMvU-0x1VCF1hgA
arkiegamer.wordpress.com/2016/05/24/thunder-at-cassino/
shop.1-72depot.com/tag/1-72-japanese-world-war-ii-tank/
henk.fox3000.com/finemolds.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Ronin
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ

Desired scans :
Black Powder supplements
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Hail Caesar! Late Antiquity to Early Medieval Army List
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Germany Strikes!

May 29th in military history:

363 – The Roman emperor Julian defeats the Sasanian army in the Battle of Ctesiphon, under the walls of the Sasanian capital, but is unable to take the city.
1108 – Battle of Uclés: Almoravid troops under the command of Tamim ibn Yusuf defeat a Castile and León alliance under the command of Prince Sancho Alfónsez.
1167 – Battle of Monte Porzio: A Roman army supporting Pope Alexander III is defeated by Christian of Buch and Rainald of Dassel
1176 – Battle of Legnano: The Lombard League defeats Emperor Frederick I.
1453 – Fall of Constantinople: Ottoman armies under Sultan Mehmed II Fatih capture Constantinople after a 53-day siege, ending the Byzantine Empire.
1780 – American Revolutionary War: At the Battle of Waxhaws, the British continue attacking after the Continentals lay down their arms, killing 113 and critically wounding all but 53 that remained.
1903 – In the May Coup, Alexander I, King of Serbia, and Queen Draga, are assassinated in Belgrade by the Black Hand organization.
1918 – Armenia defeats the Ottoman Army in the Battle of Sardarabad.
1935 – First flight of the Messerschmitt Bf 109 fighter aeroplane.
1940 – The first flight of the Vought F4U Corsair.
1945 – First combat mission of the Consolidated B-32 Dominator heavy bomber.
1948 – Creation of the United Nations peacekeeping force the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization.
1964 – The Arab League meets in East Jerusalem to discuss the Palestinian question, leading to the formation of the Palestine Liberation Organization.
1982 – Falklands War: British forces defeat the Argentines at the Battle of Goose Green.

It is 34 years since the Battle of Goose Green, fought between British and Argentine forces during the Falklands War.

On 25 May the supply ship ‘Atlantic Conveyor’ was struck by Argentine Exocet missiles with the loss of its cargo of troop-carrying helicopters. This necessitated a complete change of strategy for the conduct of the campaign. The British would now have to advance on foot to Port Stanley some 50 miles (80km) away in the depths of a South Atlantic winter.

Despite the initial doubts of Brigadier Julian Thompson, commander of 3 Commando Brigade, the decision was taken to capture Darwin and Goose Green, some 13 miles (20km) to the south of San Carlos Water where the British had landed. These two settlements were in the opposite direction to Port Stanley, the main British objective.

There was, however, a substantial Argentine garrison stationed in the area, which could potentially pose a threat to the British advance to Port Stanley. In the early hours of 28 May the 500 men of 2 Para started their advance towards Darwin. The paras were lead by LtC Herbert ‘H’ Jones, and comprised three rifle companies, one patrol company, one support company and an HQ company. Thompson had assigned three 105mm artillery pieces, one MILAN anti-tank missile platoon and Scout helicopters as support elements. In addition, close air support was available from three RAF Harriers, and naval gunfire support was to be provided by HMS Arrow.

The Argentine force consisted of two companies of LtC Italo Piaggi's 12th Infantry Regiment. It also contained a company of the Ranger-type 25th Infantry Regiment. Air defence was provided by a battery of six 20mm Rheinmetall manned by Air Force personnel and two Oerlikon 35mm guns that would be employed in a ground support role in the last stages of the fighting. There was also one battery of three 105mm pack howitzers. Pucarás based at Stanley provided close air support. Total forces under Piaggi's commanded numbered 1083 men.

Goose Green was the first land battle of the Falklands War and one where the outcome hung in the balance until the very end. LtC Jones and 2 Para had to complete their mission in darkness and take Darwin and Goose Green ‘before breakfast’. Leaving the majority of their supplies and heavier weapons behind, the soldiers took 24-hour ration packs and large quantities of ammunition in order to be able to move more quickly. They would rely on artillery and naval ships for fire support to suppress enemy positions.

British intelligence had, however, failed to identify the main Argentine defensive positions in the area of Darwin Hill. An intense night battle with rockets, rifles and bayonets then ensued. When dawn broke the attack plan was behind schedule. The British troops were now faced with a frontal attack over open ground against a well-entrenched enemy who were expecting them.

When the assault stalled in the face of heavy defensive fire, LtC Jones led a daring attack against an Argentine machine-gun position, during which he was killed. His men eventually fought their way through and by midday on 28 May they had taken Darwin.

The battle continued in daylight with air support now coming to the assistance of both sides. Major Chris Keeble was called up from the rear to take command after Jones’s death. After fierce actions in the surrounding area and the airfield near the settlement, the Argentines pulled back to Goose Green. That night Keeble persuaded the Argentines to surrender. The garrison subsequently capitulated at dawn on 29 May. It was only then that the British realised how large the Argentine force at Goose Green actually was.

Between 45 and 55 Argentines were killed (32 from IR12, 13 from Company C IR25, five killed in the platoon from IR8, 4 Air Force staff and one Navy servicemen) and about 86 wounded, with the remainder prisoners. The British lost 18 killed (16 Paras, one Royal Marine pilot and one commando sapper) and 64 wounded.

Goose Green is controversial for several reasons. The decision made at the time to commit British troops to what many considered an unnecessary diversion from Stanley, the British key objective, has been the subject of some criticism.

The role of ‘H’ Jones has also been surrounded by controversy. Many have hailed him as a hero who, with his courageous death, inspired his men to fight on and win the battle. Others have criticised his single-handed attack on an Argentine position, seeing it as an impetuous action that deprived his soldiers of their commanding officer at a critical time, without having a major impact on the outcome of the battle. Nevertheless, his battalion was frustrated by inadequate fire support and it was essential to maintain the momentum of the assault. Jones was buried at Ajax Bay on 30 May; after the war his body was exhumed and transferred to the British cemetery in San Carlos. He was posthumously awarded the Victoria Cross

Piaggi surrendered his forces in Goose Green on the Argentinian National Army Day (29 May). After the war he was forced to resign from the army, and faced ongoing trials questioning his competence at Goose Green. In 1986 he wrote a book in which he strongly defended his decisions during the war and criticised the lack of logistical support from Stanley. He said that they had plenty of 7.62mm rifle ammunition left, but had run out of 81mm mortar rounds, and there were only 394 shells left for the 105mm artillery guns. In 1992, after a long fight in both civil and military courts, Piaggi had his retired military rank and pay reinstated as a full colonel. He died in 2012.

Goose Green is a good choice for a battalion-sized modern wargame; players could try alternate plans or include other variables, and there is a range of combined arms to keep with interesting, while still being an infantry-heavy firefight.

mediafire.com/folder/leiblotusqzw3/Falklands_War

I know there are a couple of Crimean War anons out there somewhere, so here's a recent find for you: a pair of detailed guides to the combatant forces, written with wargamers in mind.

mediafire.com/download/ckte3h3nt4ix5dh/Crimean War Basics - Britain France and Sardinia.pdf
mediafire.com/download/tkz0almcmkb557c/Crimean War Basics - Russia and Turkey.pdf

DBA?

>D Coy
>Decoy
so it was a false attack?

the blokes on the left and right look like they're laughing

Or cumming

Fucking stupid and useless military government, because them the most of argentinians think that the army is useless, full of corrupt "fachos" and that if you like military things you are one of them.

oh thanks, i didn't know osprey made books about Falklands.

mate i could hug you.
this is exactly what i needed

When the conflict began they actually suspended their regular publishing run in order to put out the initial 3-part MAA series. At the time very few people in the Anglophone world were familiar with the Argentine forces.

Hey chaps, I've been searching for a scan of the 1996 rules for Crossfire by Art Conliffe. The only thing I've found is them for sale on a third party site, where it looks like none of the money actually goes to Arty anyway.

Does anyone here have a scan I can have?

Disregard this. Hopped over to /fwg/ and found a scan. Veeky Forums never fails.

That's the same folder as in our OP. If you're ever looking for a WW2 wargame check in there.

Where do I start if I've never played a wargame, ever? And if none of the friends I'd be roping into playing with me have any experience either?

Do you guys only play historical wars? Who here uses historical rules for imaginary wars, maybe with imaginary armies.

Not sure about imaginary armies but everything I've done post-WW2 is for fictional wars, barring Vietnam. Which has been about 5 different sets of forces.

yeah we fight non historical battles but usually within reason. For example, we might pit crimean war era ottomans vs portuguese from the same period. or germans vs finns for bolt action. this is largely because not everyone has the exact forces needed to recreate history every time. but generally history is the main focus.

Pick a period, then an army, then a scale, then a rule set.

my project for this winter is to put together a table for the battle(s) of tobruk. got a mate who plays desert rats, another who plays a maori battalion, ive got italians and another guy has some DAK. should be epic once its finished.

but do any of the ospreys cover italian fortified positions and trench layout? gonna be cutting into the foam so i wanna get it as accurate as possible.

also any cool table ideas are mode than welcome

This. Find something of interest,work out what kind of battles you'd like to do within it, which scale plays heavily in to, and canvass your options for rules systems as there is bound to be a lot of options which might be good but not good specifically for you. Like never start modern skirmish gaming with Force on Force despite it being a recommended game because it's a pain in the are to learn.

Pretty much everything we do is "non historical" in that we're not refighting specific battles.

We use as accurate units and rules as possible, but we prefer to create our own forces from historical units and then fight out the battle for randomized objectives. It makes for great even battles where tactics is everything. Often in historical battles one side is hopelessly outnumbered and/or outgunnned. Ideally, this should be the way every battle should be, because its the best way to preserve your soldiers lives and smash the enemy with minimal losses, but of course not all armies have the option to outnumber or outgun their opponents, so naturally you get a few even battles in history, and also "impossible" reversals from massively outnumbered forces on the defensive.

We did re fight a few WW2 battles, but they were mostly eastern front battles. One where T-34s where breaking through Romanian forces in a snow blizzard, navigating by compass. (I Thin this was part of operation uranus) The hopelessly outmatched Romanians with their shitty pak-38s had to hold out as long as possible against endless T-34's, and inflict a certain amount of damage.

Another battle involved a hill and a bridge and a small town, I forget the exact scenario or battle but soviets managed to infiltrate assauly infantry onto a hill to take over some german flak88s.

Wait... Brits were still using those death machines called stems even into the Falklands? I'm amazed one of those things could survive 10 years, let alone almost 40.

Weren't they made to be cheap as possible? I've heard stories of them running wild if you dropped them on a concrete floor and in general being made as a "a gun is better than no gun" philosophy.

I'm guessing I've heard wrong, that, or that's a modern (for the time) variant I'm not familiar with

Those are Sterlings which were the post-WW2 successor to the Sten.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_submachine_gun

Seconding my request for the zombie expansion of Skirmish Sangin in case anyone has them.

I think you might be surprised, a lot of people only fight actual historical scenarios. Although in my experience they are usually on the older end and so probably aren't in this thread.

>but do any of the ospreys cover italian fortified positions and trench layout? gonna be cutting into the foam so i wanna get it as accurate as possible.

There isn't a specific Fortress title on the subject, but maybe the Campaign one could cover things. Have you looked at the official Australian and/or New Zealand histories for the battle? They usually have great maps and photos.

mediafire.com/download/tutgw7diwkl7gec/Osprey - CAM 080 - Tobruk 1941.pdf

You might also like to look at the old Avalon Hill h&c game, it's considered a classic. The designer's notes and so on could be of great interest to you.

mediafire.com/download/13sdgtokr4vclof/Tobruk.pdf

thanks. i'll have a good look. i don't know why it didn't occur to me to look into ANZAC stuff since they're famous for those battles.

What might I be surprised about?

I was describing how my friends and I do historical wargaming, I'm well aware many people actually re-fight battles, to the point of exclusively playing historical scenarios. I hope I didn't seem like I was generalizing for all of /hwg/

I missread your "we" as general not specific.
My bad.

What's a recommended system for modern (2001+) ground combat? I have Modern Microarmor by GHQ, but I don't like how 1 stand is 1 platoon, and I have Battlefield Evolution, but it's too... 40k I guess. Hoping for something in between.

any youtube vids that break down military terminology (battalions, corps, other shit I don't get) and what weapons are used for what (thinking WW2)

>battalions, corps, other shit I don't get
The wikipedia articles are good for learning structure and organisation levels tbqh

anyone know a friendly copy of a pdf for
En Garde! could be found?

i understand it is a Ronin rules-set based game, but for what amounts to musketeers
>all for one
>and
>none for all

youtube.com/channel/UCK09g6gYGMvU-0x1VCF1hgA

This is a pretty good channel in general

That actually looks not all that bad, and I fucking hate youtubers.

I like how he emphasises concision as a virtue, something that hardly any youtuber does.

My mission for the Bank Holiday weekend is to figure out how the Monster and Non-Human rules in Chevauchee interact with vanilla FiveCore. If it all goes well I'll make a few tweaks and add a couple of bits and pieces, and make a pay-what-you-want standalone for anyone who wants some fantastic creatures in their modern-era games.

Cassino in 6mm

mint

Check it out user

arkiegamer.wordpress.com/2016/05/24/thunder-at-cassino/

Historical wargaming looks really interesting but one of things holding me back is that i think i'd feel almost guilty for re-enacting actual peoples deaths in a game. Its weird but I think about what they would think if they saw me remove a little plastic them. Has anyone here ever felt something like this?

First off, those are Sterlings. Second, Stens aren't nearly as bad as post-war myths make them out to be.

It's something that comes up for discussion every now and then.
It does get less and less of an issue as the conflict gets more and more removed from people's imaginations.

Personally, I feel that as long as you treat the history with the respect it deserves and use these games to get some insights into the issues commanders would struggle with (and start some decent discussion) it's perfectly OK to have fun as well.

If that means being an entirely ruthless commander who truly treats the lives of their troops as disposable, that can be an interesting thing to think and talk about as well.
Many good historical wargames also reward you for preserving your own forces.

Just don't go full /pol/ (or full SJW) over your games.

No, although there is often a question about playing out hyper modern current wars.

No.

Do you think about the Imperial Guardsman wailing in pain as his bowels void when his entrails are torn out by a Tyranid?

No? Well you should. It's part of the story.

I appreciate his dedication to purely trying to communicate information without bias or filler.

>dat woolly pully
I can feel it itching through the screen

They are so British it's the pullover that feel itchy, not the soldier.

>you can feel it being comfy through the screen

I fixed that for you friend!

Never, personally. I don't see how me playing with plastic army men might be a form of disrespect.

really? I have 2 of these (bundeswehr issue though) and they are comfy as fuck.

I'm not really sure how to best phrase this, but ... do you guys have issues with actual, real fascism in your gaming groups?

I say this because I recently moved to a new state, which means I had to leave all my old tabletop friends behind. There's a good hobby shop in the new area though, and it has a pretty sizable crew of guys into historical gaming. But now that I've been here for threeish months and gotten the chance to know them a bit better as individuals, it's become apparent that almost all of them have huge Nazi boners. For a lot of these dudes, it seems like historicals are just a vehicle for re-enacting Nazi power fantasies and the like. I can't spend more than two hours in the shop without all conversation being sidelined in favor of wanking over Rommel or the merits of national/racial separatism. I don't even feel like there'd be a point in bringing up my disagreements, because I'd just end up being the odd man out while six different guys tell me how "Hitler did nothing wrong" (a phrase that regularly gets thrown around in the shop without a hint of irony).

It's super disparaging. This is my hobby, but I feel like Mark in that one episode of peep show where he makes a friend.

This isn't your blog

Time to slap on the Turtle-helm, grab a Lee-Enfield, shout "TALLY HO, LADS" and give a taste of their own blitzkrieg to them.

Like bruh, seriously, wat.

is this a pasta?

I think you should take this and report back when you have bingo.

I didn't post . Cool your fucking jets.

I wish this were an option, but it'd be tantamount to just finding a new LGS. Which I guess I might do anyway.

No.

Rommel wasn't a nazi though.

I believe, if washed properly, they became considerably more comfortable. Together with DPM, you can't get a more iconic image of the British Army in the 80s. (Well, bushy moustaches and SLRs also have their place, I admit).

Oh Cap, you so crazy.

Fistful of tows seems to be a good system, take a look at that

Had my first game of Pax Baltica, the 1700-1710 scenario.

Quite random, but we had a blast playing it. Still, Russia has quite a rough time dealing with Karl's absolutely amazing armies. I feel like the full game, with the possibility of Sweden getting ground down by attrition, would probably be a little more balanced.

This is one of the reasons this user hasn't started a Bolt Action army yet.. It feels bit queezy when one knows people who experienced WW2

> It feels bit queezy when one knows people who experienced WW2

Not really actually.

Ode to a Sten Gun
By Gunner. S.N. Teed

You wicked piece of vicious tin!
Call you a gun? Don't make me grin.
You're just a bloated piece of pipe.
You couldn't hit a hunk of tripe.
But when you're with me in the night,
I'll tell you pal, you're just alright!

Each day I wipe you free of dirt.
Your dratted corners tear my shirt.
I cuss at you and call you names,
You're much more trouble than my dames.
But boy, do I love to hear you yammer
When you 're spitting lead in a business manner.

You conceited pile of salvage junk.
I think this prowess talk is bunk.
Yet if I want a wall of lead
Thrown at some Jerry's head
It is to you I raise my hat;
You're a damn good pal...
You silly gat!

Saga Campaign rules scans? What was their name, wolf something?

I posted it two threads ago, it should be in the folders.

Age of the Wolf. Good hunting.

Thanks, looks interesting so far

Awesome anons, anyone has Naval Thunder: Battleship Row and/or Bitter Rivals?

I've been delving into Victory at Sea but would like to go a little (not a lot) deeper :)

It seems to have been more of a consideration a few decades ago that more recent conflicts were more rarely played out of deference to veterans.

This feels like an exaggeration. If not entirely fabricated.

it's fabricated.

im inclined to believe him because fat white dudes with nazi boners are also common where i am too (lower class suburban australia). Tolerated but not the norm. all of them play bolt action and world of tanks for whatever reason

'The time has come and so have I' edition.

I would just enjoy it, where I'm from everyone wants to be the Allies so it's always a pain in the arse finding some Italians/Germans/Japanese.

In this post, the (most likely) same person who conflates hwg with nazi sympathisers, /pol/ gamers, anti-semites and fascists of every stripe.

This time they are blogging about their "new gaming shop".

didn't happen/10
Won't tar us all with that brush/a bajillion

bump

Not to lend too much credit to what is probably meme post, but the dude has a point.

I've definitely been in stores with older guys who had a bit too much of a wehraboo boner, and this is coming from a guy who has over 2000pts of Bolt Action Germans and 8000pts of FoW germans. I have absolutely met guys who are in the 'hitler did nothing wrong, Germany could've won easy if it hadn't been for those meddling allies." Yadda yadda.

Usually it's just an interest in the equipment or history taken a wee bit too far, but theres occasionally a guy where you can't help but wonder if he's a white supremacist on the side.

I've never met a whole group before. It's usually just one or two guys out of a group of 20.

>who has over 2000pts of Bolt Action Germans

Three veteran King Tigers and two Volkssturm squad? :3

I'm only angry about the Wehraboos because the other nations get shit. Look at the PSC releases - almost all German. Oh, Brits got Paras (fuck knows when in 1:72), and some Cruiser tanks (gee, now we can play in the desert aginst Italians with comparably no shit available), but other than that...German Paratroopers, German Paratrooper Heavy Weapons, German Late War Grenadiers, German Late War Grenadier Heavy Weapons, RSO with Pak 40, Pz 38(t) and so on and so forth. Still no Cromwell in 1:72, still no British heavy weps in 1:72, etc etc. And don't even get me started on Caesar with their "German Panzergrenadiers in Smocks for Kursk on the 3rd Day of the Battle" kind of sets.

I once heard a hilarious-in-hindsight story about Stens; the Canadians in Walcheren in 1944, being in an extremely wet and cold place, often found the climate interfered with the weapon's operation. One time a guy kicks open a door, levels his Sten at a roomful of shocked Germans - and pulled the trigger releasing a long jet of brown Dutch bogwater a few feet across the room. Fortunately he recovered before they did and promptly managed to run away.

Despite the bad rep, they were really popular with gangsters and guerillas in the post-war period, because they were so simply made and easily available. Pretty much every bank raid in Europe in the 50s and 60s had some guys wielding Stens. In Italy they became as symbolic of gangsters as the Thompson had been in Prohibition-era America.

ITT: "just because it hasn't happened to me it means you're lying"

It's just an application of Occam's Razor. The by far "simpler" explanation is that the event didn't happen.

Therefore it is (probably) the more likely hypothesis. I won't deny the existence of Wehraboo Nazi fantasists, but a whole store of them who wont talk of anything else just seems unlikely. Besides if the whole store is playing the Germans who will play the allies?

I'm upset I have to pay over 4000 yen for a Bolt Action 1:56 scale Japanese tank. Not that I will field the Japanese because the sculpts are total potato scale. But still. It's the principle.

that why you should play WW2 in 1/72 at the very largest, if not much smaller

>"Hitler did nothing wrong" (a phrase that regularly gets thrown around in the shop without a hint of irony).

You might think you are a master of detecting irony because you browse Veeky Forums but that doesn't translates into real life, especially not if that guys you are talking about are a group of friends that knows each other for years.

Get over it, take some time to get to know these guys better or simply go somewhere else to play. simple as that.

I have no problem with people getting a bit "wehraboo-ish". Its (BA and FoW) miniatures games after all and lots of people come from the warhammer environment where its perfectly normal to support "your guys".

I'm actually a german btw, so this might be even funnier for you guys in my regular Bolt Action group is a huge "SS-aboo" who has 2 armies of ss (one unit Leibstandarte AH for early war/Blitzkrieg and Hohenstaufen for mid/Late) but in RL he is an antifa-activist. This guy can talk for hours about tanks and how awesome assault rifles were and all that stuff.

>if he's a white supremacist on the side.

As long as he isn't spreading real propaganda or handing out stickers/leaflets of his organization or party or whatever i wouldn't mind actually. (same goes for the antifa guy i mentioned above or any far left extremists in general).

Keep real politics out of my game and all is good. Having a little boner over the army you are playing is perfectly fine though. It makes gaming more awesome if anything.

your wrong

Are there even 1/72 japanese tank kits?

If only you were as committed to improving your English, as you are to this same broken record of shitposting

His wrong?

Airfix has a Chi-Ha, which is kinda cheap, but not the best. Hasegawa (or Fujimi?) had lots of kits, but they aren't easy to find. Dragon do some really nice Weeaboo Tanks, but they are expensive. A Polish company who did Toldi tanks and Bedford trucks in 1:72 will do some Jap tanks later this year.

1/72 has always been one of the most popular scales for WW2, and there is a great deal of selection for it.

shop.1-72depot.com/tag/1-72-japanese-world-war-ii-tank/

>look at that list
>marvel at this

Seems even the Japs were bitten by the "Super-Heavy" bug.

henk.fox3000.com/finemolds.htm