Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

They got updated again, but who knows when the next time be?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19): paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the unerrata'd content here. Save them, and wait for Nerfonomicon user to compile them: web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/wizard-hook
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/gunslinger/archetypes/paizo---gunslinger-archetypes/gun-tank
docs.google.com/document/d/1QHMSLuh7Q6ZOHYOvTS6cyFfKBBLP6RCRkb7jcO6IlrI/edit
d20modernpf.com/wealth-and-equipment/weapons
docs.google.com/document/d/1SrB0WBi4eCsZ990MtH4NlLzFuQzTpYRNuNg2EaK6YnU/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/19nO-febXa076vteES5CnpJIzxrPiR8Q0JrBbcKx2Nq4/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Previous Thread -

Paladin celestial mechas! I need them! They're not in the google doc!

I'm still waiting for whatever the Gunslinger mech archetype is going to be. I really want to play a game as a mobile artillery platform sometime.

I mean, I can play a blaster sorcerer, since they're way better thanks to Blood Havoc and Blood Intensity, but it just doesn't feel the same!

Can Psicrystals actually take feats?

Nope

Where can I read more on this? I've seen conflicting opinions so far.

There's nothing to read on this, nowhere is it ever suggested that psicrystals get feats.

I've only ever seen anything about that on the paizo forums, so I can't fucking tell you either since they're probably lying anyways to make their wizard familiars more powerful.

Arguably, it's an *intelligent* construct, which is kinda borderline, but the Psicore upgrade fully makes it a "robot", and those are supposed to.

3.5e rules:
>A psicrystal’s characteristics depend on its master. Its Hit Dice are equal to its master’s Hit Dice (counting only levels in psion or wilder), its hit points are equal to half its master’s, and its saving throw bonuses are the same as its master’s.

Pathfinder rules simply say literally nothing on this, neither for nor against, making it ambiguous.

Indeed, as the feats are based on the hit dice.
The one part that's very specific for pathfinder at least is that a psicrystal's SKILL RANKS are equal to its master's.

That means NEVER take that "it gains skill points on its own" familiar archetype for it, but also that it can actually be a pretty impressive mundane second crafter for cryptics and the like, as well as a not-too-shabby secondary roll on perception and other things.

However, with its relatively low stats and lack of feats, it's pretty much useless as the turret on a Crystal Warrior's armor.

>not loading up your Psicrystal on Martial Training (Veiled Moon)
Shiggy diggy.

Things always get interesting when you consider various "shared powers" and the like.

Personally my psicrystal does the activating of like half my stuff, to save on buffing actions.

>Select all squares with street signs
>THE IMAGE IS LITERALLY GRASS FROM UP CLOSE. THERE ARE NO STREETS NOR SIGNS. JUST GRASS

Between that and the "select until none are left" I'm starting to want to kill those who made this.

I just want to kill whoever made this picture captcha.

3.5 psicrystals specifically had hit dice. PF ones do not (their stat block lists them as having only hit points and otherwise not having HD), and do not get feats as a result.

Okay, another question. Does the Psicrystal itself gain bonuses from Personality and Alertness?
Their stat block seems to include that +2 to Perception (4 ranks, 10 wis, not a class skill, +6 bonus), suggesting that they should benefit from at least Alertness, but the description doesn't mention that in any way.

What is the hardness and hp of an +2 adamantine impervious greatsword with rune of durability cast on it and a fortification stone? I'm not sure on the process but I think it's 33 hardness and 86 hp but I have no idea

Use legacy captcha?

Actually, thanks for the advice.
Amazing, captcha doesn't suck ass anymore.

Adamantine greatsword starts out at 13 hp / 20 hardness. The +2 makes it 33 hp / 24 hardness and Impervious doubles that bonus to be 53 hp with 28 hardness, With the stone it gets 73 hp / 33 hardness. Finally with the rune of durability the hp doubles for 146 hp / 33 hardness.

I think.

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/wizard-hook

Yo this magical hook hand is sick. RAW a hook hand can be wielding by a functional hand as any other weapon can, yeah?

Nothing says you can't use an ordinary hook hand with a functional hand, but it's obviously intended for people who have lost a hand.

With the Wizard's Hook, there is a clause specifically stating "a hand stump," and while it only says this part for fulfilling somatic components of spells, it would be reasonable for any GM to deny you the ability to use a Wizard's Hook while both hands are intact.

Well, we were playing Skulls and Shackles and we had to go to a manor to find the leader of a spy ring. Wizard sent an Arcane Eye in to scout the place and warped in with the rest of their party while myself, my Roc, and the Tiefling with permanent enlarge person got into a fist fight with all of the guards outside. We managed to beat them into submission after three of them rolled natural 1s to hit the drunken tiefling who had an anchor as a weapon.We decoded the cypher pulled out after the Wizard warped in and out, and stole panties from her room to use as a scrying component to track her after reporting to Tessa Fairwind. We then completely blew away everyone else in the Free Captain's Regata with our captain's insane Profession Sailor checks (He was an inquisitor), enhanced ship items, and we used Tree tokens to make it harder for people to get through the Spindles and deal with the dragon turtle. We were going 260 feet per round, did a full on drift and tossed out three plunder to appease the dragon turtle. We sprung a leak and got hit by lightning. We completely flew past a a Lightning Elemental that would've caused us some problems were we not maintaining speed like we were, and my Roc mauled an invisible stalker with vines popping out of him.

>Gun tank I chose you

For those of us who like picture captcha better than words captcha, there's a little refresh button in bottom left for when they give you impossible challenge

Y'all are making me want to watch gundam. In the meantime where's the google doc you're talking about?

Well, yeah, but I feel like since you can wield it with both hands intact RAW anyway, it's nearly (but not quite) as reasonable for a GM to allow a version of this weapon that functions as any other 1d4 light weapon.

B-but d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/gunslinger/archetypes/paizo---gunslinger-archetypes/gun-tank

Behold, Arcforge!
docs.google.com/document/d/1QHMSLuh7Q6ZOHYOvTS6cyFfKBBLP6RCRkb7jcO6IlrI/edit

Thanks, I'm fucking blind because I was just looking at the DSP links for it and only found steelforge. Now the real question is if I should watch G Gundam or Gundam 00 first (both dubbed, I'm building characters here)?

Oh that's just cruel, user.

Lead paint is awesome, thank you based DSP.

Lead Paint?

Sslarn's favourite snack, hence thinking Arcforge is a good idea.

Welp. Back to work on my techspansion I go, I suppose.

*slow clap* Well played sir, well played.

>"select until none are left"
I just end up hitting the same two squares, like, 20 times each. Seriously, what the hell is going on with that shit?

Are there any Archetypes for the Vizier(Akashic Mysteries)?

G Gundam.

If you want super robots, also look up Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 1 and 2 for the GBA.

The first of the SRW games to be localized to english I think? And the first to use all their original characters rather than ganking from gundam and such.

>mind flayers
>implied they're humans from the far future sent back to ensure the illithid empire springs eternal
>never shown with ultra advanced weapons e.g. disintegration pistols
>struggling to think of a balanced weapon that is incredibly high tech that won't destroy the game if the players get hold of some

Then I realised.

The illithids use arcane magic.

Arcane magic can be a tool developed by the illithids and brought back to the past. It was released into the world, and the lines of arcane magic imprinted themselves on humanoid minds like icing in a cake.

Arcane magic is the illithids seasoning their food.

Should I run with this in my campaign? How much would I have to change?

Paizo is doing an adventure design panel at their con.

Is there an user in attendance?

In other settings, Illithids use Psionics. Arcane and Divine magic came first.

But then, how do the Aboleths fit into this?

Time travel is complicated.

If you actually give a shit where illithids come from, look up the Astromundi Cluster boxed set from Spelljammer, might be able to find it in the trove in the OSR threads. It's where their origin is originally from.

Thanks.

I just found it.

ALL ABOARD THE PARTYBOAT.

You know that flammable gas between crystal spheres in spell jammer? What happens if you shoot a fireball in there?

So I'm looking to make a natural attack Bloodrager. I'm wondering what feats might be good to pick up to make full effect of that? And what levels to take them?

The fireball explodes at its point of origin (i.e. you) for 3x the damage, if I remember right.

If gunslinger were able to access Martial Training off the bat and Solar Wind, would that make them more feasible to play/more worthwhile/more versatile?

Hey DSP,

Random question, do you know if you guys would get round to making an actually serviceable Technology Guide? For modern equipment as well
Cos I and my group would play the shit outta that

Please no. I don't want what I've done so far to get obsoleted further.

I already get cries of 'just use arcforge' whenever I bring up the powersuits I'm working on.

Plus if they did, it'd probably get Ssalarn working on it.

Multiattack is obvious, Improved Natural Attack is useful.
There's already a somewhat modern tech guide from Radiance House, same people who made a conversion for Binder.

Could someone post the pages that came out in a recent paizo book that details the genie races? Specifically need the one about Suli, which I thought I'd saved, but apparently didn't.

Do'y'know if that's in the trove?

It is.

Cool, will check it out
Those names for the weapons leave a lot to be desired

Question for anybody that's run through Iron Gods: How do they deal with the staggering cost of technological weapons? Are they restricted from PC use for a while or are they given out like candy in loot?

They mostly receive Timeworn shit, although I houseruled that Timeworn does not exist in my campaign. At most they have to pay for ammunition.

It's pretty good, but unfortunately not what I was specifically after.
I may actually have to use these rules :/

d20modernpf.com/wealth-and-equipment/weapons

Its been two years since Firemountain games abandoned Throne of Night. As such I have a promise to fulfill which some of you on Veeky Forums may or may not remember. I made the promise to both my group and Veeky Forums so I gotta do it.

The promise I made is that if Gary went two years I would make my own fully fleshed out adventure of "Dwarves reclaim their lost kingdom and bring it back to glory." This spawned from a post Gary made stating it was hard to juggle life and work and the insinuation that we should make our own adventure or shut up.

I have a lot of ideas but this will be a big project and I've never consolidated game notes into something as clean and easy to read for others as a adventure .pdf. My notes for stuff I make are clear to me but are hardly adventure .pdf worthy because they imply a lot of in moment improve. A lot of "If players visit local store there is an irate dawrf" with no elaboration on why so I can fill the gap with whatever I need to either push the story or just for fun if the story is already moving.

Another thing I like doing is one on one sessions which I almost never see in these adventure .pdf they mostly happen pre level one but they do happen. I make a deck of cards with stuff on them for each adventure I DM. The character had a life before "level 1" and the cards help them out. Stuff like "Your in the forest doing peasenty things when you spy what appears to be a sword stuck in a tree. What do you do?" or "As you turn 10 the local priesthood has offered to take you in and train you. Your parents are rather taken with the idea. What do you do?" There responses and resulting role play push them towards classes. They are never locked down. The priest one the character could decide to bugger off and live on the streets. But they allow the characters backstory to evolve and even allows the character to start with more stuff.

Has anyone around here made a full fleshed adventure and cares to share tips on what works and what should be avoided?

Are there psionic abilities that let you force choke and shit out lightning? I want to unlimited powah as a psionic.

It's from steelforge and is basically a hundred square feet of anti-divination.
Thanks, I'm going to finish Shounen Maid first though.
I was just asking what show to watch.

For a while, I was working on a similar project, which went pretty well for the first two parts. Unfortunately, I didn't really get past the second part either, it only dealt with the dwarven side, and was based pretty heavily in Golarion, since I was using the idea of the Five Kings Mountains being reduced to small, separated city-states in a massive mountain range. I can share the notes I still have, if you want them, though.

Anything will help! I plan on making my own world and everything. Its all the balance and tone and layout and "finishedness" that I'm worried about. Like my group consistently plays

>Fighter
>Fighter with a bit of combat only magic
>Rouge
>Ranger

I've learned what fits that group composition but that wont help the balance for others. What if they have a wizard? What if they dont have a rouge? Type problems.

Well /pfg/, my Iron Gods campaign came to an end today from a party wipe. We've done Reign of Winter, Rise of the Runelords, and Skull and Shackles. We're currently running through Jade Regent and Wrath of the Righteous. Aside from these APs, is there anything good left from Paizo? Any good third party APs?

You're ending the campaign just 'cause of a wipe? Where did you get to?

The party all died to Furkas Xoud. The Summoner died to a Fireball within one round, the Magus died to Phantasmal Killer, the Mesmerist died from negative energy damage due to being inside a cloud from Xoud's unique ability, and the Occultist died to a thought harvester robot's full attack.

Damn. Can't have Longdreamer recruit some more people or something?

I actually suggested that, my players argued against it saying it wouldn't make sense.

Oh, as the DM. I share your pain user.

Totally makes sense though.

Glad you like it!

Incidentally, back from a long absence. Still going to be in and out due to Life happening, but I'll be working on projects I've promised.

Is the Medium from the original playtest aka the Harrow Medium balanced for play?

>decide to read through Iron Gods
>they talk about crafting tech
>writer has a home game that with a house rule involving players needing materials to craft tech items, ranging from vague stuff like scrap to specific items.
>they say they apparently couldn't do the same shit in Pathfinder for some bullshit reasons
>the rest is a direct quote because it's so goddamn stupid.
>"Thus, by requiring a technological
item crafter to rely upon access to a specif ic lab and
requiring those labs to have power in order to function,
the GM can limit the types of item crafting available in the
game by deciding what sorts of labs the PCs gain access to
and what condition they’re in. Essentially, just as magic
item creation requires an external source of magical energy
in the form of prepared spells, technological item creation
requires an external source of technological energy in the
form of battery or generator power."
So apparently they forgot a caster can ignore ANY prerequisite aside from the craft item feat with a measly +5 to spell-craft(which is most likely sky high) and the fact that spell casting is a baked in class feature and not external, like a fucking military lab.

By far the most interesting thing to me is the city in a bottle. I find the city building rules very interesting and the item not only allowing you to easily work those into a campaign without derailing it but also making it easier for players to handle magic item design and creation, my only hope is that if I'm ever in a campaign with one and a player who's a dedicated crafter the DM would bend the rules to let the crafter reside in the bottle early, maybe even remove the character as a PC and have them level as a high powered cohort.

Pls respond

Yes. Various telekinetic effects, and multiple elemental effects.

Source?

Thinking of playing an antipaladin in an upcoming Hell's Vengeance campaign. Any advice, tips? I know Dread Vanguard is well liked, but is it really worth the loss of spell casting? Tyrant archetype is obvious also given the campaign.

I kind of like the idea of being more CHA, and debuff/intimidate focused also. Maybe a means of taking advantage of Plague Bringer?

The steelforge playtest, just got to the artifacts.

I'm going through the mech one after.

Ay yo, you're the dude working on Steelforge, right?

Steelforge when
Nonmagical items when

Does /pfg/ like rangers? I never see discussion about the class anywhere, but between combat style, animal companions, and a pretty good spell list, they're my favorite 1pp martial.

After following the advice of "just put in in GDocs", and being an impatient nitwit, I figured I might as well drop down some homebrew. Again. A Soulbound Doll alternative companion for a Promethean Alchemist. I'm pretty sure I took this in a bizarre direction, but since nobody said anything the first few times I just kept going.

I only ask that you kindly rip it to shreds: docs.google.com/document/d/19nO-febXa076vteES5CnpJIzxrPiR8Q0JrBbcKx2Nq4/edit?usp=sharing

On the topic of homebrew, how about people start posting their own?

There is no current interest or discussion on this topic. It's not off the table, necessarily, but it's definitely not on the docket at the moment.

Isn't that Arcforge though?

>Thanks, I'm going to finish Shounen Maid first though.
How is that?

Not exactly.

What IS arcforge, then? Seems like it's a mess.

As far as I can tell, Arcforge is just 'we want classes with robotsuits.'

As much as the oddity that the near-entirety of your class being a physical object brings.

I am

Steelforge 1 is coming out Tuesday, the Nonmagical item enhancement system is getting its next revision soon (not in #1)

Steelforge will be a series of 15-20 page PDFs, Patreon releases (if you're a Patron, you should be getting your advance copy right about now).

Good if you like cute anime. I'm a grown man who is normally exceedingly jaded (I've been through shit) and it got me.

What're you doing for the nonmagical item enhancement thing? Did it finally return to a flat-cost system? Why haven't more of the good ones from Forgeworks been ported?

Arcforge is meant, as far as I am aware, to expand upon and integrate with the existing tech rules. Can't really do much diligence, posting on phone and about to go hard dark. Forrest will be your contact.

Probably reworking it again. They haven't updated Steelforge in months.

You're going Zero Dark Thirty?

Looks alright.

Arcforge is-
An expansion to the existing technology rules.
Material for playing mechs.
Options for simplified ways to integrate cool vehicles into your campaign.

Cool. I would have liked fixed tech rules, instead of expanding on that mess. Oh well.

I'd object to "simplified" but then i remembered how dumb the 1pp vehicles are.

Can we 40k mechs using Arc forge?