MtG is unbalanced

MtG is unbalanced

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Printings.aspx?multiverseid=397722
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What does that mean?

It means that OP is bad at the game and thinks its the game's fault instead of his own.

>balanced

And before you say
>but user they still get land advantage!

Rare cards are better than commons in every single instance of the game, except for extremely few exceptions of old cards.

amazing card but not broken in any way

>shitty Wasteland

Delver of Secrets and Gitaxian Probe isn't that old. Also Treasure Cruise was a common, though it is the "fixed" version of Ancestral Recall.

>except for extremely few exceptions of old cards.
Wrong. Brainstorm, Ponder, Lotus Petal, Dark Ritual, and Exhume off the top of my head. There's actually a lot of very strong commons in magic.

How so?

What does balance even mean in MtG? No one expects every possible deck to be equal. It's a game based, in part, around building decks that better than your opponent's.

What would a "balanced" CCG look like?

has a decent synergy with whatever it is that restricts library search

Uno.

Still luck based. Think slap jack

is UNO really a ccg?

Of of, like, 25,000 cards in magic there are 50 commons that are better than rates. So what?

it's more like 15,000. And many of the commons are heads and shoulders above the majority of rares in power level. Brainstorm and Gush, Dark Ritual, and Lightning Bolt are prime examples, as well as Treasure Cruise

Can we ban this thread type?
We've all seen it with this identical text and non-content, it's obviously mass shitposting by one or just a constant white noise for the shitposting collective to produce. There's nothing here.

>bolt
>common
Wew lad

Ah, but you can use it on yourself in a pinch to get mana fixing.
Tectonic Edge is a shitty wasteland

Bolt has only been printed as an uncommon once, the most recent printing in 20 years.

Do you happen to play pauper?

Uh yes. Are you trying to tell me that you don't have a deck consisting of nothing but skip a turn cards?

Remember when commons were good?

This game is pure fucking Judaism.

Here's what you get for creatures with cmc 6 along the rarity scale nowadays.
>common
6/4 no effects
>Uncommon
6/6 vigilance reach (skysnare spider)
>Rare
7/7 flash reach etb: 2 to each creature with flying and 2 to each player.
>Mythic
5/5 flying vigilance
Whenever Bruna, Light of Alabaster attacks or blocks, put every aura you control that's not in your deck onto her.

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Printings.aspx?multiverseid=397722
The card has been printed 11 times over the course of 23 years. All of these printings save the very most recent one were at common. In other words, you're either trolling or grossly ignorant about this topic.

>decide to re-enter Magic
>go to LGS event to see what's going on
>see the weirdest fucking thing
>people are opening booster packs they receive as rewards, going straight to the rare, and throwing out their free commons
>puzzle over this for a while
>later on see a guy in the Eternal Masters comments happy that staples are rares
>ready to shit all over him
>remember that mythics exist
>oh shit, does he mean there are sets where deck staples are mythics?
>I refuse to believe that could exist
>it exists

>Wasteland
>Shitty strip mine

Mtg is like the lottery. Once you win once you always keep coming back. Example:
>First time buying boosters.
>Go to Walmart and buy 2 from zendikar, 1 from origins, and 2 from khans.
>Pull a wooded foothills expedition and a ugin planeswalker.
>1 year later I'm still buying a booster every Friday religiously.
>Still only play casual with friends.

The artwork for that card is beautiful. MtG has amazing artists.

That can back fire though and the reason I got out of Magic.

I have compulsive buying problems I bought 3 box's of modernmasters because the first box I god had alot of good value to it.

Then the horror set in as the highest value in the other two were a single eldazi each box a fifteen dollar angel.