Shinobi Quest #6

Shinobi Quest #6

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime finished training under Danzo to learn the basics of the Shadow Clone Technique- although she still has much to learn. After testing how long she could last, her stamina increased as a result of her training. After finishing her training, she opted to visit Hinata Hyuuga; she two girls took this time to head to the local spa and bath for relaxation after a tough day of training.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLG1ys2CGcI
youtube.com/watch?v=LCnebZnysmI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We rejoin her at breakfast, the following morning.

Father, Maru, Danzo and yourself sit at the long table, enjoying a bit of breakfast before you head out to meet your team. Today is a mission day; your first with Nori, Hinata, and Ebisu-sensei.

Although you aren’t expecting much out of it. It has to be some sort of D-ranked mission- they aren’t example the best tests of your abilities.

“Are you worried about your mission today, Tsuki?” your father asks, his voice pulling you back into reality.

1. Yes
2. A little
3. Not really (Serious)
4. Not really (Snark)

>Not really. (Snark)
But in a nice way, after all, he's best dad and we love him.

Oh boy, time for Ohohoho

>4. Not really (Snark)
It will undoubtedly be beneath us, father

>3. Not really (Serious)

Sucks that our teacher is a glorified babysitter.

>3. Not really (Serious)

>4. Not really (Snark)

>4. Not really (Snark)
"I expect the only hazard may be death by boredom."

Snarky Princess.

Writing~

You frown a little.

“It will surely be beneath us, Father. I suspect death by boredom is the only true threat we shall face.”

He laughs his hearty laugh, and Danzo looks over to you.

“It may seem minor now, but it’s safer than throwing a team of fresh Shinobi into a combat situation they aren’t ready for.” he says, not unkindly.

He’s right, as much as you don’t want to admit it. You know Hinata is skilled, at the very least, and Nori is brutish enough to be useful- but you still doubt your teamwork skills are where they would need to be for a mission of actual importance. While your quick thinking and strategy won the day during your sensei’s bell test, you probably shouldn’t take the entire mission upon yourself every time.

“Yes, Danzo. I understand.” you respond, and focus on finishing your meal.

Father and Maru exchange small glances, and then smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You stand ready, your gear equipped. Flashy yet functional, and still in fashion- as much as ninja equipment can be, at least. You cut a striking image, or least you believe you do. As you wander towards the meeting place at the village gate, you can see Ebisu-sensei waiting for you.

Nori is with him- good that he thought to collect her ahead of time.

How do you choose to approach them?

1. Friendly, excited for the mission!
2. Serious and prepared.
3. Laid back- you aren’t expecting much out of this.
4. Haughtily. This mission will no doubt be a waste of time.

>3. Laid back- you aren’t expecting much out of this.

pull weeds?
fetch a stray cat?
babysit some cargo?

>2. Serious and prepared.
It may be beneath us but best represent the family well, that and we have no idea what the mission is yet.

By the way whos in favor of keeping the shadow clones secret along with our bloodline?

>3. Laid back- you aren’t expecting much out of this.

While i'm willing to bet this will be tedious it is our first mission so lets set the bar high to start

Actually that may not be a bad idea, Ebisu has not taught us anything yet anyways.

We should be using the shadow clones at every available opportunity, that shit adds up

Serious as a Shinobi.

Writing.

user is right. Shadow clones are too useful.

Also technically a forbidden jutsu.

So, don't do it.

Isn't it just multi shadow clone jutsu that's forbidden?

Either way, no one ever gave Naruto shit, I doubt anyone would do it for us either.

Naruto did stupid shit with shadow clones all the time and never got in trouble. With the clones i mean, he still got yelled at for stupid shit.

No one has ever cared about that.

Forbidden jutsu have no inherent punishment attached. They are labeled fit the danger to the user or because they run against nature (zombie shit). It's about controlling the spread of the jutsu and making sure only those that can handle it know it. We were taught by who was once number 2 in the village. We are vetted.

Its right up there with Jaywalking

I looked back at the previous threads, 'cause I swore that Danzo said something about not using it in public or whatever.

Couldn't find anything.

Guess I was wrong. My mistake, Anons.

As tedious as you’re sure it’s going to be, this is your first mission. Complaining now would be in poor taste anyway- you still don’t even know what the mission is yet.

“Yo, princess. Glad you made it.” Nori quips. “Hinata’s not with you? Heard you two were getting all buddy-buddy lately.”

She seems to be pouting.

“Tsuki-dono, on time as always.” Ebisu-sensei writes something down, then tucks it away in his belt. “ I took the liberty of collecting Nori here early. While I’m sure she would’ve come on her own, we have a mission today, and it wouldn't behoove us to be late.”

“I wouldn’t have been late! I have enough issues with my dad’s lectures, ya know!” Nori fires back, incensed. “And besides, Hinata isn’t even here yet!”

As if on command, a yell comes from up the road.

“A-ah! I’m here! Please don’t think poorly of me!”

Sure enough, Hinata arrives shortly thereafter, breathing just a bit heavy. Did she run all the way from the compound?

“S-sorry, everyone. My cousin Neji was leaving for the second round of the chunin exams today- I wanted to see him off.” she says between breaths.

“Oh, is that today? Huh.” Nori says, clearly disinterested.

You…

1. Ask about the chunin exams
2. Ask about Neji
3. Ask Nori about her brother. Isn’t he competing?
4. Skip these pleasantries. On with the mission!

Well we should still use it on missions when necessary and our teammates knowing our capabilities will help with teamwork.

>1. Ask about the chunin exams
>3. Ask Nori about her brother. Isn’t he competing?

They segue and all.

>2. Ask about Neji

>2. Ask about Neji

1. Ask about the chunin exams
2. Ask about Neji
3. Ask Nori about her brother. Isn’t he competing?

>4. Skip these pleasantries. On with the mission!

>2. Ask about Neji

>2. Ask about Neji

>2
>3
Let's talk about cute older boys
Ohohoho~!

Asking about all the things.

Writing.

“Right, the Fourth mentioned that was coming up.” you say, turning to Nori. “He also said your brother was competing. Shouldn’t you have seen him off as well?”

Nori huffs. “Naruto doesn’t need my blessing to beat those chumps. Besides, I’m not gonna get between him and Father.”

Sensitive subject?

“Naruto is strong, this is true,” Hinata pipes up. “And he’s on a team with Neji and that boy Sai, I doubt they’ll run into any problems.”

Sai? Not a name you had heard before.

“What about your cousin, Hinata? You worried about his chances?” you inquire. “Naruto is the son of the Fourth, but the did only graduate the academy a year ahead of us. Are they ready?”

She laughs. “They’ll be fine until the finals of the last round, for sure. The three of them are all on the same team after all- all trained by the Fourth’s right hand, Kakashi the Copy Ninja.”

The two of you had seen Kakashi with the Fourth several days ago- it was widely known that he and Itachi Uchiha were the Fourth’s closest confidants. If he had deemed them ready, they were probably ready.

“As exciting as the chunin exams are ladies, you can discuss it on the road. You’ll need to complete as many missions as possible if you’re wanting to compete in the next set of exams in the fall.” Ebisu-sensei says, matter of factly. “We’re heading to the Land of Rivers, to the town of Katabami. Not a long trip, but we don’t want to fall behind.”

You’re somewhat surprised- you didn’t expect to be leaving the Land of Fire.

“You must all be curious, I’m sure. But we need to leave. Come, there is a carriage waiting for us.”

The three of you walk a ways from the village, past several security gates. You note the guard ninja on the way out- were there more than normal?

Eventually, you reach a clearing outside. Sure enough, a covered wagon pulled by a single horse is there. A man, dressed in drab, aged finery pokes his head out of the wagon.

“There you are! We’re nearly behind! Get in, get in! If we don’t leave by noon, we’ll surely be late.” the moun shouts. He has beady eyes and a thin mustache- the kind of facial hair men wear in the capital of the Land of Fire, you remember.

As you all get in, the man steps out. He and Ebisu sensei exchange some words away from the wagon, then climb atop it.

The wagon lurches as you hear the man urge the horse forward. This was it, you were finally leaving home. How exciting!

As you travel, many questions come across your mind. You decide to…

1. Ask Nori about her relationship with her family.
2. Ask Hinata about the Hyuuga clan.
3. Ask Ebisu-sensei about himself
4. Ask Ebisu-sensei about the mission.

>1
>2
>4
I'm bad at choices

>4. Ask Ebisu-sensei about the mission.

>1. Ask Nori about her relationship with her family.
>3. Ask Ebisu-sensei about himself

Asking about the mission.

Writing.

The three of you spend some time exchanging small talk- you even make efforts to include Nori, which, surprisingly, she takes you up on. Eventually though, your curiosity gets the better of you.

“Sensei, we all want to know… What’s this mission about?” You say, poking you hear out the window. Ebisu, without missing a beat, hands the reigns of the horse to the older man, and hops off the front seat of the carriage, landing on the steps on the side. He opens the door to the carriage, and ducks in. He takes a seat next to Nori, and instructs the three of you to close the windows nearby. Before he closes his window, Ebisu yells to the older man. “Yoku-san, I’m closing the windows. I need to brief my team.”

“Feh, Shinobi secrecy. Fine, be quick about it.” he replies grouchily.”

After closing the window, Ebisu makes a series of hand-signs, and shortly after you notice the sounds from outside the carriage cease. As the three of of you look a bit alarmed, Ebisu explains.
“A relatively simple fuuinjutsu. Those outside the cart cannot hear us, and we cannot hear them. Very useful for conducting clandestine meetings.”

He pauses, then takes off his black glasses.

“I wouldn’t have selected this for our first mission. I wanted something with guaranteed safety, but you three were the only team to pass the bell test on your first day”- Nori huffs at this, but says nothing- “and while this is still technically a D-Rank mission, you three were judged the most capable for this particular mission.”

Interesting. What could it be?

“We are traveling with Yoku-san, the man outside, to Katabami, in the Land of Rivers. I don’t expect the three of you to know this, but the Land of Rivers is a tributary state under our Land of Fire. When the last Daimyo of the Rivers died, the Father of the current Fire Daimyo accepted them as vassal states. This is partially why tensions between the Land of Wind and the Land of Fire are high right now, but that is neither here nor there.”

“Yoku-san is a tax man. Katabami is a village with a resource-rich gold mine, and taxes levied there are quite heavy as a result. Katabami village has given the Capital some blowback before, but haven’t gone so far as to revolt. While officially, the Capital doesn’t expect any trouble, Yoku hired us with his own money to travel with him. He doesn’t fear bandits, or anything of the sort, though. They know better than to attack tax caravans. He wishes to us to simply be present while he collects the Katabami Village’s taxes. Not pleasant work, but certainly not difficult.”

You’ve been hired as muscle to intimidate villagers into paying their taxes. You react to this….

1. Nonchalantly. It’s a job.
2. Poorly. We’re bullies now?
3. Excited. It’s better than chasing cats, at least.
>Write-in

>2. Poorly. We’re bullies now?

>3. Excited. It’s better than chasing cats, at least.

pretty cool for a 1st mission

>1. Nonchalantly. It’s a job.
>Every shinobi start starts low. We can only go up from there

Professionally, shouldn't be nonchalant about our first job ever, gotta take it seriously especially since it's not chasing cats and has political ramifications.

And here I was hopingto be a lady and not act like a goon.

>2. Poorly. We’re bullies now?
>Write in

"I mean, it's better than chasing cats or painting fences, but still."

>>Write-in
4. Are disgruntled villagers the only opposition we're likely to see here?

>1. Nonchalantly. It’s a job
We aren't happy about it, but lets not be a negative nancy.

4. Snarky sarcastic cunt.

"Well I'm sure having three young girls acting as muscle will make things easier for the tax man."

WE do not like it, but our mask will not slip

>3. Excited. It’s better than chasing cats, at least.

I'm just glad they were willing to send us on something potentially dangerous.

The mission is the mission. And the mission comes before everything else.

Writing.

Ok...place your bets that the villagers have hired another team of ninja to stop the Tax man.

>And we're supposed to do the intimidating...how, exactly? I'm still using my youth to act cute!

Three ninja trainees and their sensei to beat up only some poor people? No bet.

These are dirty miner peasants.
We're a collection of secret ninja trained from before we can walk to use magic powers and murder people.
Peasants are uneducated and ninja are secretive murders for hire.
We are scary.

Nori frowns. “We’re acting as hired muscle for some old man so he can push people around? Real glorious work, Sensei.”

Hinata is also frowning, but doesn’t say anything.

“Hey you two, we could be chasing cats or something. This is a job, and Yoku is our client.” you say, trying to raise morale. It’s not pleasant, but it’s a reality of life, you think to yourself. “Besides, we get to travel, and see a bit of the world.”

Ebisu sighs. “I understand how you two feel, but understand that as Shinobi, we are expected to handle all sorts of tasks, and while this one isn’t pleasant, it isn’t illegal, and comes from a tax magistrate from the Daimyo’s offices. Denying it just because it’s unpleasant would bring shame to our Village. It’s just a job, girls.”

“Are disgruntled villagers the worst we can expect, Sensei? You ask, curious about the actual level of danger.

“As far as we know. The Daimyo certainly didn’t give Yoku any guards, and full rebellion against the Daimyo would effectively be suicide. We shouldn’t need to do anything other than stand guard while he collects the tax. My assumption is that we’re here more to make sure the payment goes smoothly, and nothing more.”

This reassures you, although Nori and Hinata still don’t look pleased. You…

1. Chastise them.
2. Tell a joke to lighten the mood.
3. Leave them be. They know as well as you that the life of the Shinobi is not all glamour.

>3. Leave them be. They know as well as you that the life of the Shinobi is not all glamour.
We are not recognized in any position of leadership yet.

>3. Leave them be. They know as well as you that the life of the Shinobi is not all glamour.

>2. Tell a joke to lighten the mood.
As leader, we mush raise morale.

We have brightly coloured hair. Most peasants I've seen in this universe do not, favouring brown, grey and dull shades of blue.
This may be a simple ninja threat display of some kind. Something something chakra, something something effect on biology, something something Sage did it.

Or maybe it's the pouches full of pointy metal death.

The peasants are a severe threat to our lives.
I'm being glib, please don't say that.

>2
"Just hope the mission isn't too taxing?"

"Don't worry, I'm sure we could go through this without any trouble. Plus, if anyone is mad enough to attack three young girls, then we could beat them senseless free of guilt."

Actually, I always thought of bright colors on ninja gear to be a form a cockiness.

A way of taunting the opponent without actually taking the time to grandstand and be caught in gen/ninjutsu. That it'd apply to things like hair or eye color and STILL result in successful ninja only makes people more wary.

That makes sense. But if it's deliberate, does that mean in eugenics land, bright colours in notable features like eyes and hair are considered to be highly attractive to ninja?
It would explain the crush on Sakura, at least.

3. Leave them be. They know as well as you that the life of the Shinobi is not all glamour.

If a ninja survives long enough to be considered bangable and has hair like Sakura's or Naruto's, then you can consider them to be scary effective. And, therefore, attractive.

Letting the ladies deal with their own inner turmoil.

Writing.

How hot is the fire of our release to a certain black flame?

That would be telling

youtube.com/watch?v=RLG1ys2CGcI

youtube.com/watch?v=LCnebZnysmI

Um, we have a board specifically for quests now...

We're not allowed to be as good as "Uchiha"

If you believe that hack Kishi

I love that, but I kinda want Madara's hair photoshopped on

You decide to let them take in sensei’s words. Anything you say at this point would probably only have little effect, anyway.

Ebisu breaks the Jutsu, and eventually heads up to the top with Yoku.

According to sensei, it’s going to be a long while…

You take this chance to chat up Nori.

“So Nori, what is your relationship with the Fourth like? I’ve only met him once, but he seems like a nice man.” you say, trying to lighten the mood.

“Yeah, he is. A Father to the whole village.” she says flatly. “Though, I guess that’s not really fair. The village needs him, after all.”

“I understand the feeling, Nori.” you say. “I know my father cares, but he’s very busy too. He’s not the hokage or anything, but it always feels like he’s constantly working.”

She turns to you, and smiles. “Thanks Princess. Sometimes I’m a little hard on my old man. I know he tries his best. Uncle Jiraiya comes around a lot too, so he keeps me company anyway- even though him and mom don’t really get along that well. She always yells at him- that he’s bringing dirty thoughts into the house, or some such nonsense. But I like him.”

Jiraiya- one of the three Sannin. There seemed to be a lot of legendary figures surrounding the Fourth and his family- including the Fourth himself. It must be tough being one of his children, living under that shadow.

The three of you continue to make small talk, and do manage to bond a bit more. Eventually night falls, and the carriage stops.

“Alright everyone, we’re nearby.” Ebisu says, urging the three of you out. “We’re going to head into the village, and stay at the inn for the night.”

The four of you, with Yoku driving the carriage, walk into the village. It’s probably close to midnight, and the moon is high in the sky. Most people are long abed, though there are still lights on in places. Eventually you come to the inn- if it could be called that. It’s very quaint, not quite what you expected from a “rich gold mining town”. Yoku handles all the talking, and eventually three rooms are prepared.
Before the group separates, Yoku says he will wake you all in the morning, when he is ready to set about his business. He walks off to his room, and Ebisu bids the three of you goodnight.

Nori, Hinata and yourself head to the room prepared for you- and it’s as plain as the rest of the inn. Ugh.

Nori and Hinata don’t seem to complain, though. You walk over to the remaining bed, and ready yourself to sleep.

Within a half hour, you feel the fatigue of the day’s travel catching up with you.

You…
1. Go ahead and sleep. You’ll need it.
2. Stay awake. You figure somebody should.
3. Try to convince Nori and Hinata to switch off with you.

(Sorry guys, got pulled away from the PC. Won't happen again)

>3. Try to convince Nori and Hinata to switch off with you.

>2. Stay awake. You figure somebody should.

practice hand signs

Backing this

>2. Stay awake. You figure somebody should.
Might cut in our beauty sleep but we must be strong.