40k general

Tac squads a shit edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Group_138
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imperial Fists reporting in

Exorcists exorcising.

Outside of an optimized stealth cadre, is a lone Ghostkeel better off with fusion or ion?

Imma workin' workin' workin' workin'
Workin' on my doods!
They Mork'n Mork'n Mork'n Mork'n
Morkin' Cunnin' Plans!
Imma workin' workin' workin' workin'
Workin' on my doods!
Don't interrupt my painting,
cause~
that would by quite rude!

>not including "gorkin" plans
>getaloadathisgit.webm

Severax dying!

Ion Raker is an amazing weapon. I'm really not sure why you ever wouldn't take it unless you were purposefully trying to tone down a list

generally the ion raker, the fusion thing is pretty meh as most small blast weapons are

all I wanted was a centos...

Am i too late for I2

I didn't get an answer in the thread when I asked the first time. Excluding the colors which look is best?

HQ - Librarian - 145
Bike
Combi-plasma
The Shield Eternal

TROOPS - Scout Squad - 85
Camo Cloaks
Sniper Rifles
Rocket Launcher

TROOPS - Scout Squad - 85
Camo Cloaks
Sniper Rifles
Rocket Launcher

TROOPS - Tactical Squad - 180
Combi-plasma
Plasma Gun
Plasma Cannon
DT: Rhino - 35

ELITES - Command Squad - 250
Bikes
Storm Shields
Gravguns

Bikes
Storm Shields
Gravguns

995/1000

shit y/n?

Is there a sculpted version of this chapter badge/shoulder pad available anywhere?

Yes so late that if you post that meme ever again your lateness will cause you to never have existed.

Nope. Greenstuff is your friend.

Or just the colors and don't worry too much about the symbol.

My friend and I have been trying out 40k on tabletop simulator.

We had a couple of 500 pt games with me playing Blood Angels and him with Necrons.

First game we were both using netlists, so it was kinda close, but I still won. Second game we played with the start collecting/battleforce units for our armies, and I absolutely ruined him.

He says that he feels like the main issue is that my units have a high average AP and armor save compared to his. I say he just needs to git gud. Who was right?

Next he wants to try out vanilla space marines, and I want to try necrons for myself.

could have a look on shapeways

I would say #3, but give him the tabard of #5.

Thanks. If only the chapter generator could include Napolean coats and iron halos in the shape of tricorn hats then it'd be perfect.

i just bought me some ork boyz on amazon. gonna slowly get into it again. maybe more for collecting...anyway I am gonna paint them mostly with red and black with blue for nobz.

sorry you're gonna want to replace that tac squad, those are the worst troops in the game currently

necrons are generally always good at any points level, so he's just a git

Are... are you making New England Patriot Marines?

I like the helmet on 3, but the overall armor look of 2 and 5 are the nicest.

French marines. Each company's going to be based on a period of French history.

Necrons taking their armour save have slightly better chance of surviving since they get two rolls

Necrons losing their armour save are obviously better off since they have a secondary save to rely on(ap 4 being easier to get than ap3 obviously)

So his armys more durable

As far as guns go necrons and marines are pretty even but i dont know whats in the start collecting boxes so cant really say if you had more armour pen

Five is the nicest and does have the wings which I don't want to part with.

Mordian Iron Guard are basically Non-GMO Marines

Who's the best faction? The Adeptus Mechanicus, that's who.

Great on the table when the whole gang comes together and pretty good otherwise, and in the fluff, we keep the whole damn Imperium running and you know we have the best shit. Tau would be jealous if they even grasped how much better shit the Ad Mech has.

Sure we might dress up a few repairs in religious language, but we get that shit fixed. Good luck to the Spess Mehrines and Astra Militardum without us.

And yeah, we might fuck up sometimes, but show me someone who hasn't in that grimdark universe.

Praise be to the Omnissiah.

Shitposting aside, I do agree that the Tactical squad is kinda odd. If you're going to take Rhino-chassis vehicles, take multiples or take none. One or two is just going to die turn one as it's focused on by all of their long-range anti-tank fire.

Shield Eternal is also wasted on a 2W model.

Why does the Libby have a Plasma instead of a Grav?

I'd drop the Shield Eternal and the Tactical Squad and take some Multi-melta attack bikes. Maybe another Scout squad.

Looking back, I see that he wasn't taking his armor saves on his warriors. He must have mistaken them for having 5+ saves.

That probably explains a lot.

To clarify. Reanimation protocal and feel no pain arent actually "saves" which is why you can take them in addition to armour, invuln and cover.

Right, I get that much.

The first game we actually realized that we totally forgot that Overwatch existed, which was probably why my Sanguinary Guard wasn't getting chewed up as fast as my Death Company.

Which chapter would make the deadliest pimp mobile?

Black Templars, its literally filled with 20 raging niggers trained to fuck your shit.

Obviously the Auric Patricians.

>Auric Patricians
this can't be real.

You guys should try killteam

We could even do a campaign

Salamanders as their bumpers would create walls of death. Space Sharks would make it the attached choppas to it be no incarnate like pic related's teeth. Flesh Tearers would be like the Sharks's but Seth would wear a taxi driver's hat and take a swing at you with his sword or punch you your crotch. Or the BTs.

We're just easing into it for now. We aspire to do full 1500 point games.

1500 isnt even "full", 1850 is the tournament standard

There is a chapter called The Nameless, user. Let that sink in.

How's this? Rhinos can now shieldwall, librarian gets a less-dumb upgrade.

HQ - Librarian - 120
ML 2
Bike
Combi-grav

TROOPS - Scout Squad - 70
Camo Cloaks
Sniper Rifles

TROOPS - Scout Squad - 70
Camo Cloaks
Sniper Rifles

TROOPS - Tactical Squad - 85
Plasma Gun

Plasma Gun

Plasma Gun

Bikes
Storm Shields
Gravguns

Bikes
Storm Shields
Gravguns

Praise the Omnissiah, my AdMech binary-brother!

Personally I think Strike Forces or HoR work better for a campaign than plain Kill Team.

I actually meant HoR.

Its just so much better than killteam that i think of it as the actual killteam.

So while I'm working on my 1000 points army I figured it would be prudent to plan my 1850 points army so I'd know ahead of time what to model with the spare parts. Pic Related.

The plan is to stack the orders and BS4 on my 5 tanks which form the core of my army. The tanks generally stick to a line formation, but they have the flexability to shift around cover and dangerous terrain, move in front and behind each other, or anything else necessary to stay in the command bubble without going full-on "Parking Lot". Techpriests sit behind tanks 2 & 4 in the formation, giving the reroll damage bonus to all the tanks while also being in range to run bac and forth screaming "MAH MACHINES!" and repair HP. The Three Rifle Squads are a flexible protective screen: They can provide a 5+ cover save to the front, stop meltabomb assaults and deep strikes in the rear, capture points, and absorb hits for the techpriests. Command Squads give orderly orders. Vets and SWS form the rapid response and capture group, with the vets grabbing a flamer because MY OBJECTIVE! The SWS is in a Vendetta for AA support and some extra AT in a pinch. This is not a complete army yet: I'm not adding any further upgrades until the army composition is settled.

So I'm wondering: should I ditch the SWS and put the special weapons on the platoon or command squad, and have them ride in the Vendetta? If so, which one? Any upgrade ideas for the infantry is also appreciated. Suggestions for the vanilla Russes are also fair game.

Keep in mind I don't want to WAAC, but I do want to be as effective as possible without deviating from my "Tank Platoon, Infantry Platoon, Air Support" theme.

What? You can't handle what is most likely the richest and most patrician chapter in all the Imperium? These rich pimps only recruit from the toughest and greatest children of gentlemen of good breeding, of course!

Just look at their pimpin' armor. That armor was made to show off their immense wealth. It was made to show off their patrician taste. It was made to show xenos, heretics, and traitors just what sort of rich pimps wpuld be the ones slaying them.

I just love them because of their color scheme and their name. They have literally 0 fluff. Only canon things about them is their name and color scheme.

Time to pull out the Auric Patricians pimpmobile!

FRIGGIN FRAK I FORGOT THE PIC!

At least their name is better than the The Nameless, The Warrior Adepts, and Gladiator Group #138. That last one is so bland, but because it's a Chaos warband that somehow makes it a little intimidating to me.

>Gladiator Group #138
Wait, that's a thing?

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Group_138 I only made the mistake of including #.

halp

>Tac squads a shit
>5000+ points of Dark Angels
>No Troops or Transports

Which Craftworld/Sept/hive fleet/chapter/Order/Dynasty/warband/Kabal/Klan/regiment/chapter has the worst name? Which one of these is the most obscure?

Shoot. Forgot to include Tropes and Knight Houses.

Malicious Marines

Independant Unit Cavalry can't join Bike units, can they?

Hive Fleet Gegenees

independent characters can join whatever they want, units always use their profile so long as they stay in coherency as well so there'd be no slowdown

Yes, they can. ICs can join anything save MCs, they just have to stay in coherency.

>Gegenees
>looked it up on Lexicanum
Colored me surprised it exists. Thanks for the obscure victims of Cruddance related abuse.

I'm confused how firing points work.

Do the models shoot through the hatches at the top or the slats to the side?

Been working double shifts all week and only saw glimpses of threads. What'd i miss?

Anyone have the pics of the rules and sprues in the new Metal Box terrain kit?

Blessed be the Omnissiah, may he keep my lovelies rolling!

>Tac squads a shit

Building my first army as a first infantry army

What happened to tac squads

Nothing. Some guy in the last thread was ranting about how they were garbage, which is just false. They're some of the better troops in the game.

its a meme, tac squads are actually better than a lot of other troops in other factions

Fist infantry*

They are fine in anything other than the strictest competitive play but even then a Gladius will FSU even with its "tax" of tacts in the demi

How would you fix DE anons?
I'm sitting here assembling my lovely 2k list and i refuse to shelve them because i really dig the aesthetic of the faction too damn much

But Blood Angels don't have a Start Collecting box.

play at 500 points

they're spess marines ya git

But...they're not.

You are a traitor, a kinslayer, and faithless dog. You ignore the well-being of others and spit on the righteous for your own selfish ends. You have little to no morals.

There.

>blood angels aren't space marines
nice meme

But the Start Collecting box has a Venerable Dreadnought and Blood Angels do not get Venerable Dreadnoughts. So how do Blood Angels have a Start Collecting box again because I missed that part.

>able to choose
>serves the Pantheon of Lies
>is a filthy unwashed slave that smells worse than the filthiest peasants of the Imperium
>can't use any loyalist goodies because that has to be turned in at Chaos Walmart on the pain of Spawndom
>will most likely die by being eaten by the daemonically possessed land raider you own

>This venerable deadweight is literally any dreadnaught I say it is from my codex and this is fine because we are friends, new and not highly autistic.

>Looking for servitors for my techpriests
Man, these servitor models look awful! And 8 bucks per model? I'm not paying that much for a model that cartoony! And its resin, which I don't really like. If only there was a cool looking plastic model that I could proxy for my army...
>Dramatic Uplifting BGM
My god...they're perfect!

Adeptus Mechanicus Models are so friggin cool.

>deadweight
Dreadnaught
Durp.

It isn't that far from the mark...

Now you've gone and made them Depressednaughts! How could you!

>waac faggot

are there any other psychic disciplines for chaos marines?

The ones they have listed kind of suck.

Just read up on Gegenees, it's someone's own Hive Fleet. Its got a sickly brown skin, and a dark green carapace with white striations.

try having only one

I'm fine with that. When your ready, us adults will be playing over here. Until then, cheers, and may you have wonderful imaginary battles that have literally no actual value in teaching you to actually play a Blood Angels army.

I'd rather have one good one than 3 bad ones.

>I built my army the way I wanted to play it
>waac faggot

I think you are mad you had to waste time and money on shotty troops :^)

here's a tip: codices limited to one discipline have terrible disciplines with only one or two powers you'll use regularly enough to matter

Wow you are a pompous kind of cunt aren't you?

They are new and playing 500 points, take your lesser angels and fuck off.

When you are ready the adults who developed a healthy social life will be playing at their homes avoiding you.

Is power maul good?
I always want to take it but dat ap 4

It is good when paired with Unwieldy stuff. Smack with the mauls, followup with the axe.

sorry, i don't play soccer hooligans or space bugs

you can only use one weapon profile

i forgot that csm were still space marines at one point and should be just as wanked as space marines