So far, every time I tried to join a playgroup (RPG, Magic, or Warmachine)...

So far, every time I tried to join a playgroup (RPG, Magic, or Warmachine), some players tended to focused on my gender and make recurrent more or less subtile, more or less antagonistic, more or less lewd comments about it.
I'd like to use my hobby time to relax and focus only on the game itself, without having to take into account things like making sure I don't send the wrong signals, I don't put myself in potential danger, or I don't set bad example or expectations.

Any advices from more veteran gamers of all gneders about the best way to achieve that?

/banned

Post more tits.

Nobody gives a shit.

I have never met a girl who plays war games. I have met several who liked rpgs but some of them would complain about combat constantly.

I get antagonize for different shit at the table. Welcome to the way men interact when left alone. We have banter and hazing. If you don't like it kindly fuck of to your hugbox

if you are male.
>man up

if you are female.
basically make yourself as unappealing and unavailable as possible. be polite but only polite.

if you are not female or male
>yeah good luck with that, i'm a dolphin so can't help on this front

You picked a wrong hobby and/or wrong gender.

Man up and take the banter as banter, and banter back.
It's bound to work.

Some people are dicks. Try not to play with those people.

Lots of people into tabletop aren't very social. Those people are generally bad with handling people, having feelings thrown into the mix only makes things worse.

Now if you're on Veeky Forums you'll develop a thick skin sooner or later. Or you fall to the eldritch whispers and completely forget what it was like to give a fuck.

Would help if you would share what your gender is. For the record, assuming this isn't a bait topic you won't get many legit responses on 4 chan.

That said, being a male joining an all male group sucks too. Usually groups are well defined and in gaming people are generally more insular the more autistic the game.

If you're female, just tell them you're a lesbian. Some groups will still make comments, others will shut up.

But mostly, just pick a fucking group and stay with them. Don't respond to the banter and be a serious player. If you just fuck shit up with fake ass feminism bullshit, then fuck you.

dumb ass you cant pick gender i dont care what 1% of people say even if they do say it loud. Gender is defined by your reproductive organs your born with, its not an emotion its not a feeling or a wants its an is. your born with a cock your a boy no choice in the matter. your born with a cunt your a girl. all this 27 gender bullshit is just autism.

>this mad
I guess you are the aspie here

>Would help if you would share what your gender is.
I'm Female.

>making sure I don't send the wrong signals
It's pretty easy to not fuck up if you can figure out how to communicate with words. "I'm not interested" is usually enough to do it. Just be clear and up front and whatever you do, don't do the "you're like a brother to me" friendzone speech. Falling in love with your sister is the fantasy of every man that doesn't actually have one.

He's right, albeit a little butt bamboozled. I don't care, people can call themselves whatever they want, but this bullshit is not appropriate for developing minds. Women's Studies majors? Sure, I don't really know what they do anyways. Children? Definitely not.

I was always under assumption that the physical equipment of your body is called "sex". At least that's how it's labeled on my ID.
While "gender" is what you put in the corresponding field on your Facebook* out of the 80 (or how many there are now) options and can be whatever.

*If you don't have Facebook, it's assumed to implicitly match your sex.

Go through online sources then. Look in your area on fb/reddit/bgg. Should be able to find a group of decent people.

>Any advices from more veteran gamers of all gneders
You mean all two?
Also nice b8 m8

I'd suggest playing some of the more autistic games, which ironically enough seem to have a less autistic playerbase. That being said, I used to play a lot of 40k and dip my toe in the tournament scene where I live and I don't think any of the women that played that used to get any trouble, though the community was fairly small and had a friendly attitude.

no no no. Gender is the same as your sex. at some point i heard one of this tumbler tards talking about "Gender Roles" and sure you can roll or act within any gender stereotypes/roles you want but that dosnt actually change your gender your still a boy with a cock even if you act and dress like a little princess. you cant realy change your gender.

To be honest, that's not a problem I've seen, OP. Which city or town do you live in? Here in Toronto female players are a small minority of gamers, but nobody gives them shit for being female. They're just kinda there.

So how do you call the part you can pick? If a boy dresses up as a girl, what are they?
>inb4: fag
>inb4: cute

In case of doubt, get your group of friends into Tabletop gaming.

If not, keep searching until you find a group in which you are comfy

They're the same thing under any sane definition. Acting like a woman doesn't make someone a woman if they were born with a sausage between their legs, not any more than strapping armor plates to myself and making airplane noises makes me a fighter jet.

The solution to gender dysmorphia in children is to stop telling them that everything they want to do is something that only the other gender gets to do. When your little boy associates female with cooking and dresses and shopping rather than with having a vagina, and he likes cooking and shopping, he's going to be asking why he was born with the wrong genitals. And given the choice between being a homemaker or busting your ass at work for 12 hours a day to make shit for money and nothing to spend it on by the time you have to get ready to do it all again, there not really a strong incentive to identify as male.

tl;dr: if you think gender only has to do with genitals and chromosomes, you should stop pretending like it has anything to do with anything else.

Hey lady, I'm also a lady. I play with other ladies and guys all the time. Just dont be too precious about anything and acknowledge that if people are assholes to you they're probably assholes to everyone. I play board games, dnd and 40k and all that fuckery, I will admit warhammer is especially man land but even then most are chill.

You may be confusing that some nerdy folk are obsessive cunts with sexism.

If I dress up as an ork, am I trans-mushroom? :^)

No child likes shopping.

>some players

Some people are cunts. Welcome to life. Deal with it.

>potential danger
>in tabletop

Fucking lol mate.

>to stop telling them that everything they want to do is something that only the other gender gets to do
This, I did embroidery as a kid and grew into a normal man (Veeky Forums habit aside).

you dont have to call it anything not like your changing yourself physically your just not acting within exceptions. in the case of a boy dressing and acting like a girl they got a name for that way before tumbler tards started being traded. its a called a drag queen or cross dresser.
Cross dresser is what you call people like that

I've met some that do. It's a matter of not just bitching at them to shut the fuck up and sit down constantly.

No child likes shopping with their parents.
Let child loose in a store with the bare minimum necessary supervision not to wreck it and let them pick what they want. They're gonna love it.
But they don't really understand concept of money all that well, so I'm not sure if it actually counts.

No, you're a digga.

So what is a man who cleans house, raises the kids, cooks, takes the kids to soccer practices, shops for groceries, and takes on other roles traditionally relegated to the wife?

The woman who has the high paying job, takes care of the house payments, does the finances, supports the family, and makes the household payment? That's the man's role, right?

The dyke to is protective of her girlfriend, takes care of paying for the dates, is the aggressive one in the bedroom, wears pants and keeps her hair short? Masculine role.

The lipstick lesbian who wears dresses, is demure, allows herself to be swept off her feet, is willing to be pregnant? Feminine role.

The eunuch who takes care of children at daycare, takes up a teaching role, concerns themselves with the rearing of babies, and otherwise works with children? Mothering role.

Those are gender roles. Not the same as the gender crap on tumblr. Gender roles exist. Those are the roles people take in the social settings they live in and it is a social construct. Sex is your genome based sexual characteristics as per hospital policies.

ruuuude

Sometimes they get really (often briefly) enthusiastic about one or two things, with little rhyme or reason, but that can be worse, if you're not after that thing.
Or if you only want a little of the thing

>that dad that waits for the line to thin out so he can have his four year old count out the money and hand it to the cashier
Some parents are pretty awesome. Mine weren't bad, but there's a few out there that are truly inspirational.

OP pic has always disturbed me slightly

think it's because she has the facial structure of a toddler

A gender role is not a gender, user. It is a role traditionally associated with a gender, and thus a separate concept. My best bud was raised by a single father: he did all of the things. Did not make him any less male. or any more female.

a man who dose all that shit is what we call a "man" and one we would describe as "doing all that shit.

we call a women with a job a independent "woman"

we call a dyke who dose alll that masculine shit a "woman" or a lesbian "woman"

i dont understand what your asking on this one. sounds like a normal lesbian "woman to me.

what the fuck is a eunuch?

YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE! why do you need special names for all that shit? it is and can be simple

Tits are nice, toddlers are qt. What's the problem? She's not real user, you can't do whatever it is people are terrified will happen to their children if they ever see a penis.

THIS MANE IS SMART!
check this nigga right here he has his shit together

Male role is providing sperm. Female role is providing eggs and housing for fetus. All else is social constructs. Real biological differences haven't much to do with stuff you described.

>repeating exactly what I said
Yes, but the user I was quoting was saying there were no such things as gender roles, which there very clearly are. If you'd bothered to read what I actually wrote, you would realize you're agreeing with me.

No one is real, what's your point?

>what the fuck is a eunuch?
Get the fuck off Veeky Forums you fucking /pol/tard.

A castrated dude.

i realy dont know why is spelled man with a "e"

NGGER. i didnt say there are not gender roles i just said yall dont know the difference between gender roles and gender. Gender rolls dont need special names

No. You would be a digga. If you are large and dressed as an ork, then you are a digga nob.

Also gorka morka

That you should rape the imaginary children? Err, that wasn't it. That you should fap to qt pictures without feeling guilty because they're just pixels. Something like that.

im srry i didnt think it was spelled like that. i know what a eunuch is.

an eunuch. Castrated human male. Uncommon in first world save for couple deviants that would be threat to society otherwise and couple unlucky cancer patients that had to give up their family jewels to save the rest of their body. Somewhat more common in third world.

Historically most common example of eunuchs were servants in harem. They were castrated to make sure they don't cuck the harem owner. But had pretty good life otherwise (for a commoner).

The idea that those two roles would not evolutionarily impact preferences and personality is absurd and retarded.

Kill yourself.

Why are you so stupid?

Where is the punctuation?

Why don't you capitalze words?

Why do you post like this?

Don't you think it's a bit annoying?

I mean.

Look at this.

a faggot

>more veteran gamers of all gneders
There are only two genders. Stop with this tranny meme.

I don't feel guilty, just disturbed. There's something uncanny about it.

No.

My recommendation is simple. Don't tell people what gender you are. Wear a hoodie and jeans, shorten your hair. Or tell people you're a lesbian.

I know it sounds horrible and it shouldn't necessitate that, but people are fucking dicks. Unless you're playing with people you know really well, there's always going to be an asshole that will ruin the game for you.

>comments about my gender

Yes. And? Gender is a thing and a perfectly valid topic for discussion.

If these guys are nerdy types with little experience around girls, just give them a little time to get over their awkwardness.

>without having to take into account things like making sure I don't send the wrong signals, I don't put myself in potential danger, or I don't set bad example or expectations.

I seriously doubt you do have to take these things into account. If they were such skeevy bastards that you weren't sure you were safe alone with them, you wouldn't be asking for advice about how to spend time with them.

You just sound like an overly touchy bitch that expects the world to conform to your preferences.

Well, tough shit, it doesn't.