Warhammer 40k General

The Fallen Did Nothing Wrong Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for the Lion.

Second for Psykana Divison is fun.

>i2 for orks

Fourth FOR THE LION!

The pilot is a super-duper tiny fraction of the suit. It's absurd that medically treating the pilot should have any real effect on the suit's integrity (wounds).

For the same reason, Stim Injectors on regular Crisis are pretty ridiculous as well, but the Riptide is on a whole other level

BROTHER!

Is it possible to make an all battle-suit Tau army?

Never played Daemons, but how's this for a fun, themed list?
--- Tzeentch Daemons - 1000pts ---
-- ObjSec --
>HQ
Herald of Tzeentch: Disk, ML3, GoTN - 150
Herald of Tzeentch: Disk, ML3 - 120

>Troops
10x Pink Horrors - 90
10x Pink Horrors - 90

>Elite
4x Flamers - 92
4x Flamers - 92

>Fast Attack
9x Screamers - 225

>Heavy Support
Soul Grinder: DoT - 140

--999/1000pts

That's pretty stupid. Why stimulants when you can use nanomachines?

>Fun
>Screamerstar
Drop the Flamers, boost the Horrors to 11 men, buy a third squad, give the second Herald Paradox, buy Phlegm Bombardment for the Grinder.

Fifth for resin surgery.

We may not all be Dark Angels but we are all of the First Legion, Battle-Brother.

What exactly is stupid? That they don't use reparative nanomachines? At that point they start edging into the Necron's sphere too much.

>Can feel the robes through his power armor
Apparently the corruption of his mind has caused his body to fuse with his armor like one of the daemonically possessed.

But the Dark Angels are the First Legion....

And all of the First Legion are Dark Angels

I'm not entirely sure Tau technology has advanced enough to utilize fully-functional nanomachines on such a scale, especially with their obsession of testing everything they make thoroughly until it sees battlefield use.

The Nova Reactor causes wounds on the MODEL, despite it having zero relevance to the suit as a whole - It is just radiation, the suit doesn't give a shit.

So by that logic, a failed Nova Reactor roll shouldn't affect the wounds, as that is the suit, not the pilot.

I think it is fine, it just needs less durability overall (3+ instead of 2+, and less wounds) and maybe up the price on Stim a bit, (say, 50 points).

>Apparently the corruption of his mind has caused his body to fuse with his armor like one of the daemonically possessed.
>Dark Angels are corrupted
In other news, we just learned that Space Marines don't know fear, and actually wear power armour when going to battle.

>Apparently the corruption of his mind has caused his body to fuse with his armor like one of the daemonically possessed.
>Feelings are just physical
>It doesn't feel great to be a Space Monk Knight

Hold your tongue! Agents of the Inquisition and Enemies of the Imperium lurk these threads.

This thread is now Dangle land isn't it?
>not having robes that are so soft you can feel it through armor
I was just wondering if they did have nanomachines.

Almost everyone in 40k has nanomachines of varying degrees, from the actual real term "nanomachine," denoting smart materials on a nano-scale to Necrodermis which is literally made out of nanoscarabs with processors and the like. I don't know all the Tau lore, but I think the height of their abilities probably fluctuates somewhere around the higher end of the former.

Done, got 13 points left over.
Any idea on what you use them on?

So, what is the job of the single Inquisitor in the Ordo Desolatus?

Icon for the Horrors or Lesser on a Herald. Lesser either gives you a useful random upgrade or you trade for a melee weapon for when the Screamerstar gets stuck in.

Just wondering.
To have the most boring job imaginable?

>I don't know all the Tau lore, but I think the height of their abilities probably fluctuates somewhere around the higher end of the former.

Why don't you know about the Tau? Are you a racist? Tell me are you against blue gray people?

Tau have nanodrones and use them for various tasks. O'Vesa uses a type of them to extend his life.

Failsafe. He's practically a brain in a jar in a hidden fortress with the sole job of ensuring that there's always an Inquisitor alive to start rebuilding.

I think i'll give the first Horror unit an Icon
Thanks for the help user - May Tzeentch be with you :^)))

>parents push their lordship to get me into the inquisition for power
>suck so bad at every single trial and test
>imperial credits can buy a passing grade
>get notified that I get my own ordos
>relocate to an iceworld and put into a small hiveworld
>get directed to a large hallway
>get hyped for the large building for me
>servitor continues to push me along to a small closet
>janitorial supply room plack lying on the ground
>a rusted metal desk with an old chair fills up the whole room
>paper work stacks to the ceiling
>look over the papers
>confirmation paperwork for every single wolf pelt for the space wolves
>be stuck for 300+ years filling paperwork to the administorum on every single Wolf pelt that gets used up by the Spacewolves.

>To have the most boring job imaginable
>picture is of a Star Phantom

You need to specify that your pic is unrelated.

It is completely unrelated. I posted it because we're in Dangle land now.

Well he certainly has it better than the Ordo Necros, a group of five inquisitors who are doing...something...whatever it is, it requires an entirely separate Ordo watching over THEM.

You may continue then.

I got to take a shower so take this.
>Everyone who doesn't DA post is a Fallen

>Dangle land
I would prefer you used "Under Direct Control of Supreme Grand Master Azrael"

About how many men do I need for an IG horde army? 100?

Point Level?

They will still need a bit of armoured back up. Perhaps artillery or a tank line.

For how many points? For just squads with no heavy weapons? Need more info

I was under the impression that O'Vesa used microdrones, which, while still impressive, are far easier to design and create than nanodrones. That being said, I might be wrong and don't have the Codices on hand.

>Implying there are those purer then the Star Phantoms

Thou shall not claim fallen to those whose geneseeds are cleaner then thou's.

1850, and I plan on supporting it with a few rusty lemons and heavy weapon teams.

>CSM players would pay big bucks for anything
Speak for yourself.
>Just buy the Khorne warriors from the AoS starter kit and glue chaos backpacks on their back
Pic related

How many infantry squads do you need as IG?

At 1850 you could take the Emperor's Shield Infantry Company for 1005 points which has 15 infantry squads not including command ones. That's about 150. That also has sentinels with it in the formation. It's better to write up a list with battlescribe.

How long is a piece of rope? Need more info.

Yeah 100+ then.

>How many infantry squads do you need as IG?
Hurr I am a retard and didn't see I swear the worst part about trying to be helpful online is that people won't help themselves. Even by providing more information.

Your pilot dying or being crippled by radiation will sure as shit cripple a battlesuit.

Flooding the pilot with stimulants won't do jack shit about Lascannons punching holes through vital systems.

Hey guys, I'm new to the 40k series and wanted to pick up a grey knight terminator squad; what units complement them?

Grey Knights work well as a mostly Terminator army with Deadknight support, Librarian or two for HQ choices. Really, though, it's Grey Knights, pay mind to how synergistic certain psychic powers and your equipment can be and you'll be fine.

150 then? Allright.
Does anyone in this general know a place to get miniwargame factory's shock trooper infantry boxes? Or are there any other decent proxy options? I don't feel like giving GW money. If all else fails, i'll cast some.

Dreadknights, probably 2-3 of them.

Look into that one formation I can't remember the name of right now, that will end up as your shopping list.

Shit why can't I remember the formation, send help.

What drew you to plain gray team killing snowflakes?

My apologizes. So long at it has the Lion's genes you're fine.

>How long is a piece of rope? Need more info.
Just in general.
I want to start collecting IG but the number of infantry I'd have to paint and assamble is daunting.
>Hurr I am a retard and didn't see
Sorry I just joined the thread and have nothing to do with those posts.

Since we're on the Dangles, which would you say is better-Lion's Blade Battle Company or Ravenwing Strike Force MSU?

Call it analgesic injectors, then.

>Sorry I just joined the thread and have nothing to do with those posts.
Thats why you lurk or at least read the last few comments before posting.
>Just in general.
Between 20-300

> in general
I can't really help you there. The Start Collecting Boxes are fine because they get you to 400 points and that's just one squad with a tank. It's really dependent on how many points your running.

I don't know why anyone would play Space Wolves, user.

I do love my Ravenwing and I am the DA player who refuses to buy troops.

I field pure Ravenwing up to 3500points and now that I have my fliers it is going a bit better as that was a bit of a weak spot for me.

Have never faced a Lions Blade but I do have a 50/50 (6 Games) win rate against Regular SM Battle Companies over 2000 points.

Honestly, I saw a whole section of 40k at my local comic shop and the grey Knights looked the coolest to me and when I read their lore and what they can do, I was hooked

Thanks man I really appreciate it. I heard they were a mostly melee army so I was wondering what are some good long range options I can keep handy?

I wish to create a Soviet Russia themed independent human faction conversion.

>Between 20-300
Fuck me that's a lot.
How "easy" are they to paint and assemble?
I might have picked the wrong army.
I just like the looks and lore desu.

Cool, post it on your blog SnowFlake.

suck a dick dumbshit

Flooding the pilot with painkillers still won't do jack shit about Lascannons punching holes through suit systems.

Okay.

Are the threads always this shit?

Psycannons.

Honestly I would rate this one 6/10

There is some talking of 40k game and fluff which is something.

It gets much much worse and a bit better at times.

>All that effort spent in the glorification of one of the most brutal totalitarian regimes in living memory
If you want to do it, go for it, but be aware that it's equivalent to making a Nazi themed faction.

Good luck to you.

>the most brutal totalitarian regime

nice meme

>Nazi themed faction.
But user, we already have the Imperium.

Grey Knights are very strong in close combat, but never underestimate the power of Psycannons for pretty much every unit that can take them. Psilencers are also okay, but you really only want those for bigger blob enemies. Another note: Always get personal teleporters for your Dreadknights, it lets them jump across the battlefield and charge pretty much whoever they want, whenever they want, almost every turn, though you might want to use Invisibility or Sanctuary on them with your Psykers, which includes them, to keep them from blowing up.

For Stealthsuit Shas'Vres, do they essentially get a free target lock support system when they get the "Marker and TL for 5 points" thing, so I can buy something else?

The Imperium is a Catholic theocracy gone mad.
Nazis were atheist.

>Nazis were atheist

hmm

Woah now, they may not have been christian but they sure werent athiest.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if the Cleaved were a byproduct of the Lifeater Virus.

Define Life Eater virus. The actual Life Eater, or any Nurgle donut steel version.

> Soviet Russia themed independent human

So chaos communists then? Im not being snarky, chaos communists out to liberate the galxy from the imperialist shackles of "sanity and order" is a pretty 40k idea.

>Nazis were atheist.
Not all of them. eg. Slovak State was nazi theocracy, look up Josif Tiso.

>Blue with pelts everywhere is plain grey
>Punishing team-killers is team-killing

I'm not judging you for mocking Space Wolves, I'm judging you for doing such a godawful job of it.

The actual one, the one that makes all organic materiel collapse into black highly flammable slop when it infects it. I's kind of easy to work out that it figured into the origins of the Cleaved because they have black gunk dripping from the joints in their armor.

With Chaos it's hard to tell man. That black gunk could be the ugliness within oozing out.

God bless western liberalism...

>That black gunk could be the ugliness within oozing out.
>A warband who are so ugly they make Nurgle go "Damn son, you ugly."
That's pretty ugly.

>believing soviet propaganda
Your just as bad as the stormfags who try to claim the gas chambers were for "delousing"

Whats that saying... ya know about the mutant?

Space Wolves are Heretics!

Fuck off vatnik

Vile within, vile without, user. That's the Chaos way.

Bordle bord.

Borgas IV would prolly be Hawaii to Catachans.

And the thread just dropped from 6/10 to 4/10. Thanks /pol/ edgelords.

The Soviet Union had prostitution, the KGB even curated prostitutes having sex with foreigners for foreign currency and intel

They were removed physically earlier under Stalin, but yeah that's kind of brutal and totalitarian

I'm sorry to go off-topic and not discuss anything /pol/ related, but I want to know which would yield better results:
4 Bolters and a Heavy Flamer
Or
3 Bolters and 2 Flamers?

>actively separate church and state
>remove religious iconography from public celebration

They paid lip service to the catholic church because they had too, they were how ever very much atheists in their desire to establish a state religion with hitler as the focal point.
Similar to islam or north korea, structurally.