Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/swTRwYq3

Age of Roundtree edition

The most powerful single model in AoS is... Nagash, the best wizard; can summon an army in single hero phase; good wound ignoring ability; self healing spell; instant kill melee spell... jack of all trade, master for all!!! However, He isn't invincible.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dkW9LGPn62Tvecl-ulz2U5aqSvyu-7XtGe9WWhNBIV0/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Old thread

I really like nagashes model but really wish this game didn't revolve around power houses so much.

>complains about models coming off the bases
>realize he's used super glue instead of plastic cement

Hahaha, what an asshole.

>>Asur, Asrai, Druchii

It does seems strange they abandoned those great names for these shitty new ones.

why do orcs have some of the best shields in the game? the way rules don't seem to represent the fluff at all is really annoying

I'm willing to make a few of these based off the info leaked here docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dkW9LGPn62Tvecl-ulz2U5aqSvyu-7XtGe9WWhNBIV0/edit#gid=0

The only thing is what kind of font do these cards use? Inb4 Comic Sans

Because the Gore Gruntaz shit out metal and pigs > blacksmiths

Something about skellytons kicking demon ass just makes my dick hard.

Does this document include ALL of them? Including the limited edition ones released with preorders of the game?

is there a pdf of Silver Tower rules? wanna try it out before buying

As far as i know the only limited edition card was the Empire Battlemage and he's on the document

I haven't seen one yet.

Anyone have a bigger template that i could use? These are a bit one the small side

New to AoS, used to play warhammer fantasy waay back in the day. I saw a link in the last thread saying that a points system was going to come out for this, but I didn't see any dates or guesses at dates. Is there any inclination as to when it might come out?

13th for the greatest clan

I've owned a khorne starter set and some extra reavers for about a year now, actually playing my first game this Saturday because my old hobby shops community fuckjng died when sigmar dropped.

Clan Pestilens smells like poop-shit!

Before summer campaign, think it will be another gw all hands on deck day.. Employees usually leaks those in advance.

How dare you mock glorious Clans Pestilens

May your rathood shrivel and rot, fool-thing!

I guess no one else is really interested in these I'll stop spamming them

I actually am. I have been saving them. If I provided a piece of art, could you put it in the portrait? I want a custom one for my own cogsmith character.

Sure thing! Honestly I'd rather have art for the cards than mini pictures

I pref these since Google doc loads funny

My cogsmith uses an irondrake head, so can you get the head and some of the shoulders in? Leave out the drakegun.

>I guess no one else is really interested in these
Not so user, I've been saving them this whole time. Thanks for making these by the way.

I'll do my best
Me too, plus you can print them out for use at the table!

Some rumours say 3 weeks. It's almost certainly June/july

How does this look so far?
No prob, I randomly have the day off so this is a nice distraction from otherwise just sitting around the house and drinking beer unproductively

Can you do the Shadowblade one (assassin)?

Absofuckinglutely perfect. Can I beg you for one more? This is for my runelord, get some of her cleavage. I have a reaper model that matches the art pretty decent, except the gear difference.

The Dark Elves have been called Druchii since the first Malus Darkblade comics nearly two decades ago, probably before.

Does anyone know how I got it into my head that Life was one of the Grand Alliances? I'm inclined to blame 1d4chan but maybe I just dreamt it up.

It would be a reasonable assumption as Order and Chaos are opposites. The opposite of Death is Life etc.

Hopefully the art isn't too bad I grabbed it off google!
Cool i'm glad you like it, sorry about some of the sloppy borders btw, female dorf? where's he beard!?

No beard bro. Stereotypical ass!

Jk, this is the mini for her. I like art to be in portraits rather than mini pictures.

That must be it. I just had it as an assumption for so long and then noticed it wasn't the case and no one else seemed to know where I might have picked it up from.

I can dig the stones on her!

How's my Skullgrinder? Worthy of Khorne's gaze?

Thanks man! Here is the cogsmith also, Drake Dunsson. I'm making the cards right now using your templates. Thanks again for these!

Never been a fan of blood splatters, but, man, that flame is gorgeous.

Looks good senpai but
That guy is a blacksmith but I see no hammer on him.

I wanted to take a different approach to a Khorne colour scheme than taking a shade of red for the armour. Blood is a way I take it back in, but I can understand not being a fan.

The hammer hangs on his left leg. Bottom right you can spot it.

Looks ace to me! I wish i could paint 1/2 as good as you haha
Cool beans! So i don't know anything about how Age works since me and my friends still play fantasy, can you make custom characters?

There are no rules for it, no. But people do it anyway because the game invites more narrative character creation. So it's pretty freeform since there are no points.

My method is I take another warscroll as base, and replace some of their abilities with different ones.

Like with he r, I took the runelord and replaced the runestaff attack with the shield from the Belegar Ironhammer legacy warscroll.

With him , he's basically just the cogsmith warscroll, and I replaced his base armour (5+ save) with the forge-proven gromril armour from the irondrakes.

This is my general, Lord Dunhill. With him I just took a dwarf lord on shieldbearers with shield and runeweapon, and I changed his rune weapon with a great run hammer and replaced the shieldbearers hammer attacks with the steam-powered gauntlet attack from the Grimm Burloksson legacy warscroll.

remove sigmarines

There aren't any rules, but most people are down for making your own characters. Just base them roughly on already existing characters and talk to your opponent about them.
Here are a couple of mine. These are made for a narrative 'Seven Samurai'-style campaign that will soon start at the flgs.
Incidentally, I still need to come up with one character for this thing. Any concepts or ideas?

Remove sigmarines heads and swap them for other heads, to make sigmarines look ten times better

Here they are made up! Thanks again user for putting in the picture for me. I am so excited to play with these. I've been thinking of doing special battleplans for Dunhill to send his 2 kids on quests for the clan. Silver Tower seems to be a good way to do it.

You know i have some spare Brettonian heads i was thinking about putting on my Questor since i'm not too crazy about the porcelain mask look on that bulky of armor
Anytime! Looks good btw what font face is that i may have to make some of my own guys for fun

I don't have the same font GW uses, but I found just Times New Roman looked good enough.

Not him, but Athelas works really well.

Just did a quick dry fit i think i'm going to go for it plus the helm heraldry seems in character for someone named Questor
I'll try these out while i'm bored at work tomorrow

I ordered my knight-questor mini from ebay and when it gets here I am doing another irondrake headswap and replacing the sword with a big axe from the longbeards kit so it fits with the rest of my Forgesworn Eternals.

What books should I buy in order to get into the fluff and lore? The models look pretty bad ass and awesome than the 40k stuff. I really wanna start playing this.

Going to take a break to make some lunch and finish up my Tzaangors, maybe work on that Questor headswap I'm glad you guys liked the cards

Good job, user. Godspeed.

campaign books are the best start, keep in mind that the fluff tends to be a bit too much on the "vague"side and too fucking cenetered on the sigmarines.
All Aos is basically a "do whatever you want with your Dudes, you pieces of shit" now, while sigmarines keep beating things and everyone else is sucking archaons dick.

I lied i took the 3 seconds to finish this

How viable is a pure Deathrattle army? I got a bunch of them from tk and vc armies and I wanna go with flesh eaters, so they kinda get left on their own. How about a black axe general with a big blob of archers, a couple of solid spear blocks with hand weapon support, necros and liches for magic and reanimation, and maybe some chariots/necro knights and a necrotect? I kinda wanna give them an ancient tribe/celt feel more than tk or carstein.

summer campaign starts on the 14.7. ends on the 14.8. the results of the campaign will determine how the story progresses (similar to the black crusade) however this time not only battles are accounted for it, there is also modelling and painting.

23.7 is the release date for the generals handbook, which contains the point costs aswell as scenarios costs 20€ and almost 1000 pages. the point costs for each unit will be updated on the datasheets that are linked to the product.

age of sigmar total war when

Sounds really cool, can't wait for the campaign. A single month seems a tad short, but, hey, whatever.
>1000 pages
That seems a little ...much?

I would be all for this. Although i don't think Total War would translate well with AoS.

Perhaps something more akin to dawn of war.

Yeah not sure I believe the 1000 pages either.

Pretty viable, assuming you do bring necromancers and liche-priests, neither of which are deathrattles. You get a lot of units to gum up your opponent for days, some decent (though not exceptional) hitting power and nice synergies.

Supposedly Creative Assembly said something to the effect of being interested in an AoS version, back when AoS was released, but I don't know if that was true, since I've not heard anything since.

they are doing 3 titles for warhammer. i hope it runs like this:
1: the current one
2: end times, nagash etc coming
3: age of sigmar timeline

Raziel, I know you're usually good for it, but can you comment on that 1k pages thing? That seems way too much...

Are Silver Tower miniatures appearing in any based chinaman catalog? I don't seem to find them in the ones I know how to find.

I think it's more of an inevitability if anything. With how much of a slut GW has been with their licenses for video games lately.

tought so too, but it has devunked as probably expansions for lustria and TK.
>g more akin to dawn of war.
i think an adventure rpg would be great, something visually like Darksider but on a game that does not suck.

Spectacle fighter a la Bayonetta would be the obvious choice for me, but a Darksouls-esque Silver Tower game would be neat, too.

The guy who wanted my chaos never got back to me but I have ordered the starter anyway ;_;

well, bayonetta is literally too over-the-top.
Darksiders 2 aka not-prince-of-persia had aesthetics similar to aos, a good combat system and was pretty fun. With less platforming, more weapon variety and maybe a decent storyline(also: rpgesque lvups plz)an Aos game would have a lot of potential.
think about it: theres plenty of villains to craft, you have realmagets wich can be used to warp trough levels without feeling out of context, you have both enemy to be slayed musou-style in the hundreds(skavens)and elite enemies(chaos).
You have a Power metal aesthetic were you can craft ahetever kingdoms/realms/villages you want so you have TOTAL freedom on the plot...its prefect.

I don't think Total War is the right way to go for an AoS game. One of those Civ hex games is where I would start looking.

A co-op action adventure rpg game would be awesome.
Like silver tower, but with both outdoor and indoor levels.

eh, you will found someone. I found 2 guys to share my starter with in 10 days and I livve in a shithole-you can do it.
I kinda regret not keeping the bloobound tho, i bought the silver tower expansion and the slaughterpriest is SO amazing it makes me want to build a force around him.

I agree but the coding for chagen and combat could be a pain if a few bad decisions are made. A Souls like needs to know what character model the player will be using so letting anything non humanoid in (as a player) would be a pain. I assume it would be possible to make it work for all creatures in the setting and the idea of Nashy as a boss fight is amazing but I think strategy is the easiest way to go.

can also be less on the pages. the book is very thick however, bigger than the grand alliance chaos book.

Is there any order I should read the books in?

Interested in the forces of order and Orcs

Hey folks.

So I posted a Seraphon list I was thinking about getting and got some feedback on it.

So I'm thinking about buying the following since I really like the models but I'll need to fill out a bit more of the list, so I could use some advice.

-Start Collecting Seraphon bundle
-Bastiladon
-Engine of the Gods
-Saurus Guard x30
-Slann Starmaster
-Skin Priest
-Saurus Sunblood
-Saurus Eternity Warden

So that will come to 107 wounds with our custom rules, but if I don't use the knights or the warriors that come in the collecting seraphon bundle I'll have 85 wounds.

So what would you recommend adding for another 15 wounds? I'm just not sure I'll be buying any of the fliers. They're too expensive for what they can do imo.

Thanks famalam

9x chamaleon skinks for hero sniping
absoluetely a standard bearer for +1 to cast rolls

how dare you ask what to use in your AoS army instead of just wielding models you want! you are a waac faggot and should be ashamed of yourself

Stormcast elves are fun

Yes, 15 wounds and some tips. Complete waacfaggotry!

It's just bait user. Ignore it.

Do you think a Stegadon would be too much? I think you might be able to use it for a little extra ranged firepower.

>tfw the points system is going to be hideously broken

My local gw told me June 21

Ripperdactyls or terradons

Or chameleon skinks

Im not expecting perfection. Honestly they could just copy the scgt pool values and the game would be infinitely better

I love how ugly empire soldiers are depicted.

Mine told me around July, so I guess its plausible.
sgct values were god-tier shit. really awful.
I just need them to assign a value from 1 to 10 to any warscroll and thats it. No points on wargears(it tends to be pretty balanced anyway), no points on additional unit members(aka you buy warscrolls as the minimum size and you can increase them by buying the unit again)and-for fucks sake-give high values to anything that has a range better than 18".

basically same as imperial guardsmen

Damn, that does look really cool user. Do you have any more pics?
All these swapped heads makes me wonder if Vampire Blood Dragons would work as Stormcast as well.

Is these a good way to get a grasp of this new setting outside of reading the novels? It just feels hard to wrap my head without basic maps and stuff.

I watched Arch Warhammer on youtube. He has a bunch of lore videos. He sounds pretty nerd but that just means he knows what hes talking about. He goes in depth on the societies and histories of each of the races and the major wars.

>without basic maps and stuff.
Bait?
And basically, the Old world blew up and in blowing up it created 8 magical realms for each wind of magic. Each one of them is basically endless so you can make whatever you want with them. Maps in the books all refers to specific parts of the realm in wich boo's campaign is taking place, but for your games and Your Dudes you can basically do what you want.

Best way is to read battletomes or the first campaign book-Age Of Sigmar. The rest mostly narrates the ongoing campaign of stormcasts vs Archaon.

Not bait, just trying to get a grasp on things. This is what I thought was the case, but wasn't sure about.

I guess what I'm still confused about is whether or not there are countries and kingdoms outside of Azyr? It seems like many of the realms are totally inhospitable.

>Not bait,
just asked because Aos maps hold a terrible reputation.
because they are, in most cases, fucking awful. theres always a lot of copy-paste, bad details and shit design.
>seems like many of the realms are totally inhospitable.
Kind of, and only in the most corrupted places. All realms bear resemblance to their wind of magic-fire has a lot of lava, volcanos and shit but also there are are a lot of places where settlements can be built.
Most of the realms tho have very little life on them because chaos smashed it during the centuries after the Age of Myth.
AOS doesn't begin immeadately after the explosion of the old world: after that other Ages have passed. civilization prospered again troughout all realms and old races and clans "evolved"and adapted to their new lands, then chaos came-again-and raped almost everyone. Sigmar said: fuck this and took as many people from ALL realms he could, then sealed the realmagates to azyr with a giant middle finger to anyone still in the lands and locked himself in Azyr masturbating to 40k fanfiction creating sigmarines.
So most of the people who remained alive are either cultists-because its the only reality they know, so they can be pretty average people but still tainted in some way or another-scattered tribe running from chaos followers or small realms and/or communities either hiding or trying to resists against chaos.
Its ALL pretty vague because GW in Aos is pushing Your Dudes really hard. they don't want a streamlined setting so anyone can have their piece of it and there's very little you can say "hurr thats not canon".