CYOAs

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dandwiki.com/wiki/Pun-Pun_(3.5e_Optimized_Character_Build)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Roleplaying

So how do I abuse this choice for maximum power?

Posting some OC. OBviously rough, and I don't really know where to go with this, but I may as well see how you guys like it.

Figure it out yourself.

>this is OC btw

Can anyone spare the following?
>ascendant
>enchante/d/ rings
>hero academy
>myroid
>universe upgrade
It seems I tried to save them earlier, but the files were corrupted/empty.

Make a diplomacy build. Charisma should be 20.

I posted this last thread.

What is this I don't even

Be a wizard. GG, you win.

Here you go.

dandwiki.com/wiki/Pun-Pun_(3.5e_Optimized_Character_Build)

I would normally pick love, but I think I gotta go with fame. Being a super likable actor that can get any part I want sounds really great. And the pay will be amazing.

Play an Elan. Easiest way to get immortality. Also, is mostly right, but archivists edge wizards out in the long term, since they can trick their way into a larger spell list.

Can't decide between Power and Muse. They're both so tempting. In a way they both give me the exact same thing: guaranteed wealth and fame without the need to become an actor (harassed by paparazzi) like with Fame.

I think I'm going for Power. That has the added benefit of putting me in charge and making my employees loyal. I'm afraid I'd end up as a caged songbird with Muse.

Conclusion: I pick POWER.

I know people have already mentioned this, but writing a CYOA script has made me realize that this is gonna be a lot longer than I thought it'd be.

Needs a better intro really. And a darker red.

Power
Easiest choice ever.

I asked last thread, but didn't get too many replies:
For a CYOA about becoming a girl/waifu, what can I add so it isn't shit like
>pick skin color
>pick hair color
And the likes.
I don't want to write 100 words on black hair.

Anal circumference.

I would choose Grand Strategy if I woudn't turn into a filthy Karling.

Stop posting OC from your phone, senpai.

Muse.

Include a (costly) option to become a cute boy instead a girl. Some people are very attached to their penis.

Normal waifus are pretty boring. Let us get some magic powers, or be demon lolis or demigoddessess or whatever.

Definitely add husbandos and waifus. There's no point in being a waifu if you can't be someone's waifu.

I personally like family options, meaning I like designing my new family: wealth level, parents, siblings, etc.

howbout like
personality
goals
things that make them a character and not, like, described jpegs for the blind

>100 words on black hair
You're underestimating Alice user's powers. He could easily write 10,000.

>All spells and powers as spell-like and psi-like abilities respectively, at-will. These are at an arbitrarily high caster/manifester level. This is because the caster/manifester level defaults to HD with spell-like and psi-like abilities, which Pun-Pun has a limitless amount of.

>Multiple actions in each round. This is due to the Quickness ability of the Choker (Monster Manual), as well as the Dual

>Actions ability of the Chronotyryn (Fiend Folio) and the Schism psi-like ability (Expanded Psionics Handbook).

>All beneficial feats. This is gained from the Chameleon prestige class (Races of Destiny). It has an extraordinary ability to gain a feat, and those feats can qualify for other feats.

>An arbitrary amount of Fast Healing by gaining the Epic feat Fast Healing (Epic Level Handbook) a large number of times.
Immunity to weapon damage from the combined abilities of the Zodar (Fiend Folio) and Snowflake Ooze (Monster Manual 3).

>The abilities are Invulnerability and Split respectively.

>Natural Invisibility from the Invisible Stalker (Monster Manual).

>Regeneration of at least 40 (the amount of regeneration the Tarrasque has). This means all damage taken by Pun-Pun (if any) is non-lethal, and then his Fast Healing makes it go away.

>All Energy Immunities.

>Immunity to Polymorph, Petrification, or any other form-altering attack, Energy Drain, Ability Damage/Drain, Mind-Affecting Effects, All Energy Damage, Disease, Poison, Stunning, Sleep, Paralysis, Death Effects, Disintegration, Imprisoning/Banishing effects, Divine Damage, Aging Effects.

>Immunity to all arcane spells of 6th level and lower and any spell that allows for Spell Resistance.

>The list goes on and on. Further, any ability with the Ex, Su, or Sp descriptor found in a base class or prestige class is fair game with Manipulate Form.

>If you can think of any combination of abilities possible within the rules, Pun-Pun can do it.

Jesus Christ.

>personality
>goals
Won't that lead to user screaming about
>muh memory death!!!!!!!

That user probably thought you were writing waifus. If you're making us waifus then we already HAVE our own personalities and goals. The most you can do there is give us missions/quests or drawbacks that can change that.

Asked last thread, but no one made any suggestions. What improvements to my cyoa (pic related) can you suggest.
On a related note, the seven sins/virtues cyoa is going great, just need suggestions for
Humility
Envy
Charity
After that, I will work on the secondary powers.

Not if you get something interesting.
If there's nothing cool to build with the only place left for your mind to wander is what would happen if you were to receive the gift right this moment. Which of course leads immediately to thinking of technicalities and drawbacks, because that's how the human mind works, it looks for possible problems.

Muse. 100%

Missions/quests/lore

But… I explicitly said
>about becoming a waifu
I dunno about you, but I'm willing to change myself for the perfect partner

Is your self esteem that low?

Power, rival GW, win, reinvent war gaming.

I'm willing to change myself the old fashioned way. I don't like personality retcons, I'd rather work at it.

>become
Come on friend, you honestly, unironically believe your personality can't be improved?
I'd improve myself for a 10/10 partner, obviously.

Power. Make the firm some sort of all-purpose R&D one, starting with medical stuff for curing things (aging, cancer, other such nonsense), eventually moving on to fusion power and genetically engineered catgirls and other such fun stuff that we wish we had.

>Missions/quests/lore
What do you suggest? I've got nothing. Really, the initial intention was just
>Get powers for some reason
>Use them however the hell you please
>Oh, you also can remove the need for sleep
What do you suggest for lore? I'm really interested.

Any hope for a Necromancer update?

That's on you man, people get hooked on lore here. They wanna know where the powers come from, why they got them, and how they and other powered people change the world.

Ah, okay. I'll try and think of something.

Last I recall, Scientist was still working on the high school CYOA thing.

Or did an updated version for that get posted already? I forget.

This was pretty crazy. In a cool way.

>Scientist was still working on the high school CYOA thing.
I would partake in heterosexual intercourse if he'd only finish that thing.
I've almost waited a year for it.

Muse.

>That's on you man, people get hooked on lore here. They wanna know where the powers come from, why they got them, and how they and other powered people change the world.

Yeah. Personally, I can't get into a cyoa that doesn't do that stuff. I just need that context before a story can happen. Even if it's a "our world with the only difference being you have powers now" deal, it's like, why do you have powers now?

>Normal waifus are pretty boring. Let us get some magic powers, or be demon lolis or demigoddessess or whatever.

Also seconding this. Becoming a 12/10 qt who just plays vidya all day doesn't make me an interesting waifu.

We're still waiting for him to rework the Necromancer cyoa and to rebalance the magic schools.

I'm going with fame. Nice to see you back to namefagging senpai

Anyone got the author waifu cyoa?

I don't deny that many like lore heavy CYOAs, but there are also plenty of people like myself who dislike when the lore goes overboard.
Some snippets can be nice, but having to wade through miles of fluff just to understand what everything does is somewhat annoying.

Muse.

Love is sort of stupid as all it does is stick someone really attractive in your city who you may or may not meet as it's written.

The other 3 are all about making money in one way or another. Power probably makes the most money but Muse is easier than Fame and it's more diverse.

Plus it just feels like the world actually gets something good out of it as the art you make is actually good whereas in the others there's another big company in the world or everyone is brainfucked into liking your shitty movies. Plus I guess as it's written you actually could use Muse to be really good at acting as well, you wouldn't get the likability boost but at least you could start painting or writing or something when being on set gets boring.

Which one?
>tfw so few picked me
Please, I can't be THAT bad, right?
Right?
I only did it because user asked nicely (well, it was more like
>wait, Kit made THAT? Why didn't he post with his name?)
so I don't plan to use it again for a while

I got you babe

Well he's not getting many replies so clearly your kind isn't very numerous or supportive.

Man I got picked too often, it made me feel like a alcoholic slut I picked you senpai

Or maybe it has something to do with different timezones and people being available on different days of the week.

Crazy thought right? Everyone knows, its same people posting and lurking 24/7 nonstop.

Why doesn't Kit like Italics?

No, he's posted it like two dozen times.

He said it a few threads ago. He gets autistic about how Italics' CYOA are designed simply/messily visually.

Sorry about posting it that much, will try and not post it as much in the future.
Also, Gluttony is best sin in pic related

He gets autistic about transgender too.

That's a strange reason. Isn't Italics stopping that now though?

They even stopped using Italics.

I love you too, brother. Especially because you help me ween off alcohol thanks to selflessly drinking it all.
>shit font that makes it look like the page was stretched
>poorly cropped images, edges of the image visible
>too many points
>90%+ of his cyoas about waifus

Become elf wat do

>90%+ of his cyoas about waifus
Don't the majority of us like waifu cyoas?

It's basically just Kit having bad taste in CYOAs. I don't know why people keep asking like it matters.

We do. Just see He's also pretty wrong about the too many points thing. He just doesn't care about building a big empire or whatever, he complained about New World where you have to balance kingdom strength vs personal strength. I never could get everything I wanted there.

>hero academy
Still being worked on, user.

Power is broken as fuck

Apparently I dont.

>long time contributor of OC turns out to have terrible taste and shitty opinions just like any other random anonymous poster on an anonymous image board

Who knew?

How many can I pick?

Has anyone ever made a cyoa centered around gaining powers from colors? If not, I might have an idea for another cyoa.

I dislike waifu CYOAs almost as much as I dislike Be-The-Girl CYOAs so I'm in a real minority here, but I really like Italics' CYOAs because there's almost always something to do besides get a waifu whether it's rebuild your lost kingdom, pilot a mech, or just save the world.

I asked last thread, and I've been looking a bit since then on the internet but I can't find the really long necromancer cyoa. All I remember about it was its too big to even post here properly.

four

Yeah, Italics is good at giving us a lot to do.

Never ever remake of Quests or Dusk City.

Instead we're getting some oc Final Fantasy cyoa called 0rder, Pick-A-Goddess remake, and some other revamp. I'm butthurt.

He's making a CYOA in the same universe as dusk city, jeez. I know you like your foxgirl harem but come on senpai

Anybody have the cyberpunk CYOA?

>Same universe
It's not going to be the same. Anyways I'm kind of curious about the world of Dusk City.

They sell Kitsunes for like 300mill or so for three of them.

Role: Peasant
Looks: Athletic
Traits: Feisty->Tough
Extras: Veteran
1/8, come get some

>They sell Kitsunes for like 300mill or so for three of them.
Tell me if I'm reading this wrong: If I become a cute foxgirl, and obviously the CYOA includes said option or it's barf, I can get 100 million American dollars AND a husbando?
Sign me the fuck up!

The setting would have to be absolutely trash to ruin how good it sounds right now.

Depends on who is buying. The ones in Dusk City seem pretty happy/in love with their master, so they lucked out.

Apparently your uncle got you that for a birthday gift when they and you were children so they could be your eternal bodyguards/servants/lovers, so your family must be fucking LOADED.

>Royalty 3
>Curvy 4

>Feisty 4
>Nympho

>Trap
>True Friends 3
>Misunderstood -1
>Half Beast -2
20/6

Friend:
>Peasant -1
>Curvy 0
>Innocent 1
>Dressed Like a Slut
>Elf Ears
>Half Beast 0
17/2

Fuck orc attacks, I'm just going to be a royal jelly I'm not sorry dickgirl and take (loving) advantage of my qtworkerbeegf.

Be a bard. Most OP class in 5th

I repeat
>get a million American dollars
Which I hope/assume is a lot in this setting
>AND the perfect husbando you grew up with and had a crush on all throughout adolescence
I see no downside.
Well, maybe he wants a harem. Kinda not okay with that, but if it makes him happy, then I'll find a way to endure the pain of sharing him.

I thought he made like fifty cyoas with genderswap shit or whatever. Maybe I'm thinking of a different author, I guess he doesn't label his stuff.

Hey kit, what're you working on next?

What if your master doesn't let you keep the money?

Does Italics have a lot of transgendered people? I never noticed.

>I can get 100 million American dollars
Obviously the one who sells slaves get all the money, not the slaves themeselves

So what?
Whether you spend the money on him, or he spends your money on him, there's no change.
Naturally he should take care of all your money.

>Role
Royalty
>Looks
Curvy
>Traits
Nympho
>Extras
Dressed like a slut
Elf Ears
Misunderstood

Desirability: 15
Defiance: -2

Ready for my orc dickings.

>Master 'pays' 100 million to buy a kitsune
>Gets a girl pathologically obsessed with being his perfect waifu
>And she gives him his money back
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

>stuck playing 3.5 while rest of community is on 5th
Now I finally understand how 2e'rs felt

Still plenty of 3.5/Pathfinder guys. I like the system more so I'll planning on sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

Anyone have any erotic cyoas to post?

Well, user reminded me it's the slaveowner, not me, who gets the money.
So sadly you don't get the 100 million American dollars AND a loving waifu who begrudgingly would accept being a part of your harem.
Sorry about that. Can you accept just having someone eternally loving and loyal to you?