Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Bladecaster Edition

Talk about your experience or theorycrafting with Bladecasters, Magi, Warpriests, and all manner of CUHRAZAY gishes.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19): paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the unerrata'd content here. Save them, and wait for Nerfonomicon user to compile them: web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

knowdirectionpodcast.com/2016/05/paizocon-banquet-reveals-2017/
i.imgur.com/1aE4bNR.png
drivethrurpg.com/product/179672/April-Augmented?src=slider_view
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo---paladin-archetypes/sacred-servant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for elsbeth

So, I'm looking at Bladecaster here.
In particular, this fucking ability:
>Arcane Assault (Su)
>At 10th level, the bladecaster is capable of fully blending his arcane abilities with his martial talent. The bladecaster is capable of sculpting his very magic into the implements of war, enabling it to deliver his martial maneuvers. The bladecaster may activate this ability as a free action when he casts a spell that requires an attack roll. He may initiate a strike as a free part of casting that spell, using the spell in place of his normal ranged or melee attack, as appropriate (the spell effectively delivers the maneuver's effects in place of the bladecaster's weapon.) The spell's range is reduced to 30-ft or closer (if the spell's range is smaller, then use that), and spell resistance or a successful saving throw against the spell effect negates the maneuver being used. Spells that create multiple attacks or that target multiple creatures only have the strike added to the first such attack. This ability may be used a number of times equal to 1 + initiator modifier per day.

What if I combine, say, Hellfire Ray with Ruby Battle Lord's strike?
Do I get four fucking Hellfire Rays at 15d6 damage each?

I dunno. RAW seems to say yes, but I bet RAI probably meant to restrict it to Standard Action Maneuvers

I believe you need to do ranged touch spells with ranged maneuvers and melee touch spells with melee maneuvers. That being said, I guess it's meant to be for single-attack maneuvers. ((Of course, a Magus 4/Harb 1/Bladecaster 10 might as well just spell combat>maneuver on the spell>trigger bladecaster's strike>chain a second strike on the swift spell))

>I believe you need to do ranged touch spells with ranged maneuvers and melee touch spells with melee maneuvers.
That would still mean I can do a quadruple touch of idiocy for 4d6 damage to each mental ability score.

What are some necessities for a level 1 Sorc? I have 40gp left after a health potion, some weapons, and that's about it. I'm undead bloodline if that matters.

Also is a tarot/harrower deck anywhere in the items list? I can't find it anywhere. I don't mean a deck of many things, just fortune telling cards

Fortune teller's deck or harrow deck? The former (if you get the more expensive versions) gives a bonus to perform (fortune telling) and the latter doesn't.

Check ISWG, it should have the price for a harrow deck. Online it should be on ArchiveNethys

Also, you can never go wrong with stuff like chalk, rope, and marbles

The latter can be used as a focus for harrowing spells.

Elsbeth is a filthy Christmas cake with a chubby belly and saggy boobs!

Hey, /pfg/.

I've heard some good things about Spheres of Power recently, and I'm considering getting the book. How good is it, and is it worth the price?

>On this episode of How I Met Your Mother

There's some issues (particularly with the Weather and Conjuration sphere being kinda bananas as specializations) but overall it's a pretty decent system if you want some toned down casters. Be warned, though, that the art is legendarily bad.

go ahead, prove us wrong, show us they don't sag

Hello /pfg/, what is the default adventuring kit that you usually assemble during the early levels?

It's okay. Better overall balance against Vancian, but the internal balance is pretty spotty in a few places (Incanter vs Armorist for one).
Great for more thematic magical builds, easy to use necromancy.

The Core book is fine, the Expanded book is okay-ish, and the Handbooks range from bretty neat to bloody awful.

Still, if it's on sale I'd recommend the purchase, especially since the pricing isnt as bonkers as Paizo books

On the whole, SoP has a solid 7.5-8/10

>Implying Elsbeth Christmas Cake isn't the most delicious

I always make sure to have a small mirror to slip underneath doors to peer inside before entering a room, so we can be prepared for what's on the other side.

How does the Unchained Monk stack up against regular Monk and the Brawler in your opinion?

Anybody want to help me out with character art? I really just need suggestions of what to look at for a specific character.

>tfw still haven't gotten to play a CUHRAZAY gish yet
>magus is my favorite class

fuck me up familia

Also, how fucking stupid would the following be:

>Warlock Vigilante loses Startling, Frightening, and Stunning Appearance
>Gains the ability to, as a full round action, "charge" their mystic bolt at level 5. For every additional attack they could have made with a full attack, increase the power of the charged attack
>adds a scaling attack penalty after the first two charges, say, -2 a charge
>any modifiers to a single attack are multiplied as well (flat modifiers, enhancement abilities from the arcane strike talent, etc)
>IE: You have TWF, Rapid Shot, and the arcane strike talent at level 5, meaning you have 3 iteratives and each individual shot would hit for 1d6+3
>Full round action charge, this is now a 3d6+9 attack with a -2 penalty
>Add in a talent to let you add your Int modifier to damage with Mystic Bolts and increase range by spending a swift action, but your modifier is halved when you charge your bolt
>At level 11 you can select one mystic bolt element that you have, and you now ignore a certain amount of resistance for that element that scales up from there
>Add in another talent that lets you sacrifice "charges" in order to add status effects

I want my fire emblem mages damnit.

Weather's not bananas unless your DM allows the "affect Weather in " advanced talent. Otherwise it's.. a pretty terrible specialization. It's mostly for cute or for sailing, otherwise.

We've already seen 'em, they only sag as much as boobs of that size should sag.

The Ki powers are pretty good for utility, especially of you get the mind reading one, and Flying Kick is a definite improvement.

Better than Core by miles, not sure about Brawler, but I'd say it might be slightly ahead

Maybe some of us have lost the link or never saw in the first place.

The three interpretations I can see are
>Whole thing fails (It allows you to make a full attack action at the range of the spell, too bad you're not in melee, unless you are in which case I'd be fine with it adding a touch spell on top of a full attack 1+X times a day)
>It works, but you have to shell out the slots too (It gives you the option of using the spell "in place of your normal ranged or melee attack", not the ability to copy the spell three more times for no cost), making it distinctly a nova option
>Does not work, Dreamscarred oversight, everybody go home.

I like the supernova interpretation.
Be the ultimate Magus.

just run a mystic/psyarm soulknife gestalt
>use animus to change all damage to chosen element
>throw javelins of lightning at enemy
>????
>you're a FE mage now

>mystic
I still can't get over how stupid and cumbersome the recovery mechanic is.
>also gestalt
That shit is really,really overrated.

>stupid and cumbersome

I want this meme to die. Crusader recovery is best recovery.

Have we talked about this?
knowdirectionpodcast.com/2016/05/paizocon-banquet-reveals-2017/

All that stuff looks pretty good, I guess.

From a "this useful" perspective yes. It's the best just like the Warlords "spam all my shit to kill a guy and refresh it" gambit is.

From a "this is and fun to understand and actually play", it is not.

Disagreed, 100%. I've played crusaders and mystics and it's very fun and very natural in actual play.

Sounds like you're hanging up on the "randomness".

Christmas cake has come early this year for you then.
i.imgur.com/1aE4bNR.png

In every game I've seen played it's done nothing but slow down play and confuse people. /pfg/ is one of the few places I see actually praise it.

>Just use DSP and this optional rule
>both of these are definitely common things

I would if I could, but I'm working with what I've got.
Plus, there's room to replace features to make mystic bolts not shit, so why not see if something actually works?

Go looking for 3.5 groups that like the ToB. Giantitp's subforums will agree about Crusaders.

Not the original user, but I have to agree with them on it. It's pretty cumbersome compared to every other initiator, and it's also much more of a pain when playing over Skype, in addition to slowing down everything. Getting rid of the Crusader receovery method was one of my favorite things about PoW, and then the Mystic went and brought it back. I hate that it's the Mystic, too, since I really like every version of the class, except for the stupid recovery mechanic.

a thick french women
my god, I think im in love

fair enough
.gif when?

I would like the mystic too if it wasn't for the recovery mechanic and magic item crafting(that shouldn't be in the hands of PC's. Period.)

Houserule it then, instead of whining, I guess. It's one of the best-designed mechanics in ToB/PoW. Makes for a very nice flow in actual games.

It's your fault for playing over skype.

Some people have different opinions mate.
In the case of yours, it's wrong

>rat folk (introduced in Distant Worlds)
>introduced in Distant Worlds
Nigga u wot m8?

no u I guess. Not much to be said. I'm glad they kept it.

Any suggestions on the best way to avoid getting screwed by being flat-footed if I'm a dex build?

>paizo is so scared of progressing the setting they literally just make an entire planet disappear because reasons

47509595 (You)
You say that like I haven't already. It was a shit mechanic in 3.5, and a shit mechanic now. That said, I don't know why I'm even responding, since your spoiler makes me think you're really just trolling.

... Uncanny Dodge?

I'm looking for a feat or magic item since I'm playing a kineticist.

Wait just 1 second here. Why does that say (you). Are you RPing with yourself user?

>Molthune and Nirmanthas themed AP
>Robin Hood themed
>Crystal Frasier
>Involves Hobgoblins which are know misogynists
I'm super spooked now

>dude just post the shitty homebrew
>post a homebrew
>people start shitposting about whether or not something completely unrelated is good or not

I just wanted to get shouted at for having terrible ideas, not set off petty circuitous shitposting.

Maybe it's his own clone.

It was a "Here's your (You)". I didn't feel like actually quoting him.

>Involves Hobgoblins which are know misogynists
What?

How do I make a good paladin?

Any DSP people around? I have a question about the burn reduction from avant guard.

Are you talking about how to make a paladin that kicks ass, or how best to roleplay one?

You can't not, unless you go antipaladin.

That said, fluff, rules, characterisation, what?

I want to be useful to the party while still embodying the most purest form of knight in shining armor possible. I'm not really interested in doing tons of damage or anything, I want to be an aura bot that can just shine the light on everyone and inspire them to greatness.

>Elsbeth
>french
user, s'il te plaît.

How may I help you?

she has a french accent canonically
and has a super sterotypical arrogant manga-french laugh of 'hon hon hon'

How should the burn reduction from avant guard affect the burn from regressive healing in kineticists of porphyra (same thing as kinetic healing but a level higher and it can repair things that aren't organic)?

>Asking about official rulings on how 3pp interacts with each other

user please
This is well in the territory of 'it's the GM's domain, and anything a DSP member can only be a recommendation rather than word of god'

Were I using them, my houserule would be for it not to work with porphyra healing abilities. The ability blacklists the 1pp healing abilities to keep the avant guard from doing /too/ much [all day] stuff (especially given how healing is handled in many groups), but when mixing two different 3pps, there's always some weirdness. The wording on it might end up tweaked to be more open-ended about shutting down those two.

However, I would ask your GM what their opinion on it is. RAW it wouldn't do a thing to it, and that might actually end up good for the game, if that's the sort of playstyle your group enjoys.

Bardadin may be right up your alley.

Don't go sword n board because board and sword are both pretty meh, boost dat charisma, and act like non-shitty captain america.
If you don't feel like paladin auras and mercies are enough, consider going oracle or cleric and just fluffing it as a knight. Paladin the societal position =/= paladin the class, and the like.

Any suggestions for what sort of unique spells I should give my Flesh Druid? I've been working on the spell list for a while and I'm happy with what I've come up with, but I don't feel like it's finished yet.

There's a planet full of the little shits.

>vigilante archetype called serial killer.
>Gingerbread witch.

Horror's startin' to look up.

>new fleshwarping rules
>rules for getting buried alive, burnt at the stake, and stuck in a guillotine
Sounds like fun stuff actually.

>There will not be a public playtest, but select community members will be invited to private playtests.

Welp I wanted to be optimistic about this but this essentially tells us they're building their own echo chamber

Another I could see is that it lets you make the attack roll for the spell that many times, until it hits.
Like a full attack of touches, stopping when you discharge the spell.

Care to cash in on this one?

>SKIN SUIT Skin someone and wear their skin as a suit.
[Magical realm intensifies]

I definitely do not have an answer about that right now, sorry.

That was already in Ultimate Intrigue, wasn't it?

De nada. Someone brought it up, so I figured it should be stuck on the question pile for you guys.

>Ultimate Magical Realm

Yeah, but that was only the skin as an item, I think. Being able to pick an existing waifu NPC you like and skin her to wear as a bodysuit is a step further.

Will DSP ever make anything as lewd as the Enchanting Courtesan or Companion to the Lonely?

I mean, you'd just have to use her skin to make the item.

What, have you not seen how they gave us the ability to play a Slimegirl with the Engulf ability?

Wait, what?

drivethrurpg.com/product/179672/April-Augmented?src=slider_view

It's free after making an account.

I'd say either bardadin or a paladin of Shelyn with the deific obedience (Evangelist or Sentinel).

DESU as a paladin, you are most useful to the party as a warrior. By all means, be able to do other things, but chances are that when the chips are down, you will be the one who will have to lay the smackdown.

Actually, I would be tempted to try a paladin with a bard VMC or at least unsanctioned knowledge for haste, good hope and the like. It won't really shine until fairly late, though.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo---paladin-archetypes/sacred-servant

"Golarion disappeared and the gods won’t say where it is."

I find this acceptably hilarious.

I'd genuinely consider playing an initiating archetype of the Enchanting Courtesan

(Seventh Path gives precedent to PrC archetypes existing)

To be honest, we're actively avoiding that. We consider it to be in excessively poor taste and no one in the team feels the need to incarnate their best fetishes into the game.

>best fetishes
Bloodforge 2 when?

Knowing how it went last time, it won't be with *their* fetishes.

How do I contract DSP into adding a race exemplifying my fetish for giant spiders trapping women in their webs

I genuinely like the Daring Hero PrC and want to play as one.

Driders already exist

You write a shitty race 3pp for 3.0 that the bosses decide to remake without checking it for Owen Stephens greasy cum stains.

Probably not a mistake they'll make twice.