Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Soap for the Soap God! Suds for the Sud Throne! Edition
The Wrath of Hotpockets 2 Sub-Edition
In the last bread we learned that some classic Forge World stuff is now on last chance, we discussed how we would do traitors from the loyalists legions, how we'd do loyalists from the traitors legions, one 1k Son user posted his troubles with red paint, an Iron Circle version of 500 miles was made, we talked about Destroyers and much more in the previous bread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=voLy3ukXYXc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mfw you leave your legion for a while and stuff goes to hell and suddenly your dad is a daemon

I wonder if he was angrier than his Nailed brothers.

If he was as angry as he is good looking, then yes.

Now that I think about his fluff said his anger at the World Eaters's betrayal drove him to a cold madness. So you're probably correct.

I'd say he's mad. Get it?
>inb4 Admirable but mistaken

Played a practice game today with my 1850 points of Imperial Fists against my friend's aspect host Eldar. things I learned: don't skimp on armored Ceramite...or a squad of fire dragons will use a webway portal and fuck your Land Raider up. Also Sigismund is more durable than a Land Raider and can tank a ton of rending wounds.

I put the image as a spoiler because my guys are unpainted (just finished building yesterday) and I don't wanna offend people.

Siggy has his zealous crusader's spirit to empower him. The land raider needs to rethink its life choices now.

I like the amount of dudesmen.

All those muhreens probably intimidate at first sight.

I wish Siggy could move at cruising speed and act as an assault vehicle. Then he'd be perfect.

I ended up making an armored column with a Land Raider and 2 Rhinos down the roadway, most of the enemy was in reserves so at least I looked awesome while getting rekt.

>I wish Siggy could move at cruising speed and act as an assault vehicle. Then he'd be perfect.
Maybe if the stars are right, he'll be buffed in that way.

Pic related. My dudes will do a lot better once they're yellow.

>allying DE to use the webway portal

So much for him playing a "fluffy" list...

Yup, paint dem spess men.

I asked him to not bring any wraith units, so instead he brought scatterbikes, fire dragons, and a bunch of deep striking dark eldar. next time I told him to bring his chaos space marines...I feel like the point of Sigismund + Friends is to get into melee, but battle focus, jetbikes, and warp spiders mean I'll never get there.

Hey, the Imperial Fists legion is a large and dangerous enough threat to force the Eldar of the Craftworlds and of Commoragh to fight alongside each other in the face of certain annihilation.

>and I don't wanna offend people.
Too late.

My quest for perfect candy red will continue. Once I get some clear orange and Angron red.

They hadn't split much just after the Fall so they could have shared technologies.

>I asked him to not bring any wraith units, so instead he brought scatterbikes, fire dragons, and a bunch of deep striking dark eldar.
>yfw that's Eldar enough to bring the psychic fuana of Marania 3 to the surface to stare in disdain at the tomfoolery

>Expecting the Eldar let themselves be caught in melee instead of pulling some treacherous trick on you
Never trust a xenos' word, user. That's one of the reasons for our xenophobic crusade.
Suffer not the alien to live, Emprah's champion.

Even psychic sharks hate Eldar. Never trust an Elf.

Unleash the spirit of the shark upon them, user. For the Sharktime.

It's safe to assume that the Eldar player barely knows what 30k is and just wanted to stomp his friend while pretending he wasn't picking the most OP units.

best primarch coming through inb4 mad smurfweenie babies

Only manlets NEED to do pacts with chaos in order to become viable.

>WS 6
Sure ok.

Oh I'll unleash them all.

>Tiny
We never bothered training Sharkversors because the costs were too damn high.

So is the only way to get rad missiles to use destroyer squads? There's no right of war (death guard maybe) that unlocks them elsewhere? Had a look down the 1d4chan tactica, didn't spot anything, but thought it was worth asking just in case.

Okey dokey.

Unless you can somehow get it to survive out of water Sharkversors are nothing but a dream. Swarms of tiny ghost sharks? No those aren't a dream.

Luna Wolves FW support when?

Probably around the time they release Book 1of the Great Crusade game.

Important to note that it seems many armies are losing their access to Rad-Missiles w/ lightning strike fighters, such as Mechanicum and iirc Solar Auxilia (Imp Militia lack them entirely).

Dubs confirm Word Bearers best legion
Ultrasmurfs btfo

BEHOLD, A SCIENCE!

True. LACAL has been a little outdated since HH4, owing to Forgeworld still not really knowing for sure what they wanted 30k to be at that time (remember back on HH1 where the Reductor were going to be merely LoW options for the legiones astartes?).

As such, we'll have to wait for LACAL...2nd Edition, which I hope will solve stuff like 6E prices (40k dreads get cheaper lascannons. Cheaper everything, really), balance issues (Boxnoughts are obsolete), as well as put it in line with the future IA/SA redbook (48" laser destroyer)
I thought AdMech would bring all the rad, though.

SCIENCE HAS GONE WAY TOO FUCKING FAR
>Daily life in Mariana III
youtube.com/watch?v=voLy3ukXYXc

Uni, I love you. No homo. This is beautiful.
Actually given how desperate some Cogboys got during the Heresy, and destroyed STCs because the Emperor said do if there's no other way to keep it out of Horus's hands this is perfect desperate measures.

Implacable advance Heavy support squads would be nice.
Unfortunately the recent Imperial-Army book was pretty lazy apparently - nothing changing for Solar Auxilia, the knights getting the gallant and warden and the Imp-militia Quad-mortar now only having Frag - they didnt even add new provenances or alternative Tercio units etc.

So its fairly likely all we'll see are the non-legion specific units released since, the changes in the erratas and not much else.

First Dubs and now Trips. user is chosen by the gods?

By the dark gods? Of course.

IIRC they've already said they're aware of the problems with assault squads and breachers and are going to change them.

Does anyone know if the War-born's (Ultramarines before they met their Primarch) colours and heraldry were ever described? I had an idea for some Blackshields, and I was thinking of basing them off of War-born because I rather liked their fluff.

"their core Legion livery -which maintained
the post-Unification storm grey and
gunmetal they had worn since Sedna"
GREY MUHREENS

Scoring heavy squads for everyone would step on the DG toes to an extend, though I would be willing to allow it if they only scored outside their deployment zone (which IMO is what non-troop termies should have instead of blanket scoring to represent that use to attack points and not hold backfield objectives on their side) and had access to suspensor webs as an upgrade, so the only way to use them to score is to use them as aggressive support for your shock troops

Considering how in the new Legions book their are characters that still have 6th ed warlord traits boxed into their profiles I wouldn't hold my breathon huge updates, though a deep price cut on boaxnaughts and breachers would be appreciated

Who else is hoping Magnus gets ML5?

I'd prefer if it was something like

>Magnus has a mastery level equal to the number of Thousand Sons psykers currently in the battlefield

>Thousand sons only get one extra psyker (can make praetor a ML 1-3 psyker)
>Magnus is capped at Mastery Level 3
Besides that rule is arbitrary as hell. Beyond that I would rather see Magnus focus on quality over quantity, he can't cast that many powers but the powers he can cast are exceedingly good.

>Magnus, better than all other psykers (Empra not yet released)
>ML5, can choose his powers from any psychic table
>Harnesses charges on a 3+

>Sgts (and Centurions?) can upgrade to ML1
>Praetors can buy up to ML2
>Librarians can buy up to ML3, and roll from several tables

I didn't need to see that user.

Your favorite legion's primarch shows up in your room right now, what do?

Die

Well im at work right now, so ill probably have to drive home before Fulgrim does something horrible to my dog

You have time, it's Fulgrim, not Russ

>I was only 9 years old
>I loved Perty so much, I had all the legion specific units and transfer sheets...

You know how this would end

Meant to post this one. How do you guys manage your image folder? Mine has grown too big for me.

>You know how this would end
Pert penetrates your It Will Not Die?

Tell them you're a fucking moron

Not even notice

Nah man, that's scoria.

:^)

Show him the wall I put up in my backyard

>Pert is bitterness, Pert is Decimation
:^)

Decimation?

Hi RG Bro

Papa Sang sees me playing Freak Fortress mode.

So here's my idea for Xenocide Blackshield Outlanders:

After proving themselves more than competent at eliminating xenos threats in the mid-Great Crusade, the War-born's VIIth Purgation Company was dispatched to evaluate the threat of a hitherto unknown xeno threat that was said to be lurking on the very fringes of the galaxy by various corroborated reports from Rogue Trader and Explorator fleet expeditions. The exact nature of these xenos was unknown, but the first hand reports indicated that they regularly took the form of hexapodal swarm-based entities, with an affinity for the consumption of their enemy's flesh, and in some of the more extravagant accounts, consumption of entire biospheres. Preparing for the worst the Purgation company arrived armed with as many phosphex munitions and volkite weapons as could be mustered for what was supposed to be simply a reconnaissance and possibly skirmish mission.

Called fool-hardy by comrades and overly cautious by commanding officers the apprehensive intuition of the VIIth proved correct as the foe's awful power was revealed to them shortly after their arrival in near-extragalactic space. Whole worlds that had been recorded as verdant and exploitable were barren rocks, left as little more than hollow husks of dust and empty echoes. Soon after receiving astropathic transmissions confirming even the most outlandish stories produced about the mystery aliens the VIIth Purgation Company disappears from the official record, and was eventually written off as missing in action. Here begins the stuff of legend, correlating the mysterious "Ashen Saviours" to the VIIth Purgation Company only through these coincidental factors linking them together.

1/2

Ayy sup Curzefag. I'll let this degeneracy go this time.

I was reading up on the Carcharadons this morning and now I'm convinced that pic related is how they came about. I'm not mad, the Carcharadons are fucking cool.

2/2
Firstly, the colouration of their armour; the colours of the War-born were storm grey with secondary gun-metal detailing, and the colouration of the Ashen Saviours seems to be somewhat similar, however their armour exhibits much wear, from bio-acid scarring to alchemical burns common upon legionnaires in Destroyer groups, as well as rusting upon metallic based components Secondly, an obsession with destroying an enemy members of the Ashen Saviours all seem to obsess over, colloquially known amongst themselves as the "Great Devourer", which may have related to the VIIth's original mission of xenocide, and subsequent obsession with eliminating this threat turning to mental degradation. Third and finally, an extreme, almost religious affinity for the cleansing power of phosphex and other energy based weapons such as flamer, or volkites. This would be very in line with captured member's intense obsession with "starving the great annihilator", if the biomass devouring swarms they were originally sent to investigate feed upon the flesh of their enemies as purported.

As noted above this is simple speculation and correlation by Imperial scribes and adepts who have collated discrepancies and losses of major assets during the past ages in order to attempt recovery.
-High Scribe-Adept Viktoriam Messula 845.M35

So essentially they saw Tyranids unholy hunger, were mindfucked, and now their warcry is"No flesh shall be spared!". They go about killing worldsso that the nids don't get them.

I put it into categories. My 40k folder is divided into three folders: Imperial, Traitor Legions and other Unassorted Chaos, and Xenos. The Emperor, Custodes, Sisters of Silence, AdMech, Sisters of Battle, Inquisition, civilians and Malcador all go into the Imperial folder. The IG/SA have their own folder which is dominated by Vostroyans. The marine folder is divided into the loyalist folder which consists of both Angels, Fists, Ultras, Sallies, Wolves, Scars, Hands, and Raven. Their successor chapters all go in their parent chapter's folder. Grey Knights and Blood Ravens do have their own folders, and the rest of the Loyalist folder is filled with other chapters and known loyalists from the HH.

I don't need to explain the Xeno folder. If it's not a Traitor Legion it doesn't go into a traitor legion folder, but daemons of the respective traitor legion's patron God goes into there.

As for non 40k pictures if I have a lot of it it does get its own folder, if not it just goes into my picture library. Which is at least 3000-10000 pics.

You wouldn't be wrong; IIRC there were a handful of loyalist NL among the original spess sharks.

That being said, would pic related be how the Blood Ravens came about?

Why is Curze always depicted with either HUEG teeth, no lips or both? Nigga probably has several rows of teeth, like a shark.

Nah man. Blood Ravens came into being when Magnus had sex with Carmen Sandiago.

He probably filled his teeth to incite fear, and bite his lips off to well incite fear.

Looks great to me.

I'll consider this system, thanks.

Curzefag, do you trawl through DeviantArt looking for these sort of images? Honest question, I'm impressed by how you have an image for every scenario.

I wish Corax had kleptomania as a trait. Just seems like it would be highly amusing, and it would give him some much needed flavour.

...shit, that really is where Carcharodons come from.

You're welcome. But if you do create your own chapter just create a folder inside the parent chapter's folder. The Chapter Generator is way too addictive, and screenshots from Chapter Master can add up.

Filling your teeth merely makes them pointier, not bigger. They actually get smaller
It might just well be

Inferno when?

Fucking dorn and alpharius when

Huh. Well shoot. If he wants to incite fear with his teeth he should have gone for a swim and found pic related's industrial grade nope-saw. I don't understand how it even eats with its teeth.

It rasps chunks off of prey and eats those.

>I don't understand how it even eats with its teeth.
He doesn't. He merely scares the food into his stomach.
He also feeds upon fear and serf tears.

Huh here I thought it shredded.
And what shills for Frills have been denying for years comes out.

I actually don't. I guess I just have a gift for finding great images somehow.

Off-topic I know, but would you care to join a primarch fan discussion group on Skype? You seem like you'd be interested.

This sounds like the most incredibly niche thing I've ever been invited to. I'm in.

If money was no object, what forces would you guys want to field?

I'd want a full jetbike White Scars army, with a supporting Stormbird full of veteran tacticals, and a couple of Fire Raptors fucking shit up from the skies.

Alright, post Skype name so I can invite you

>If money was no object, what forces would you guys want to field?
Then I'd be actually able to play the goddamed game. But it'd hardly help, given how I'd use all armies.

Except fucking Word Bearers. Fuck those guys.

That's pretty good. I'd like to see it fleshed out with more transcripts, logs and accounts from other sources like the Ashen Claws section in book 5.

Added

Guy Sefton

Which one

Do you guys convert your 30k armies into 40k lists when people at stores want to play? Or do you use your 30k lists at 1500-2000 points games?

>convert your 30k armies into 40k lists
unless you've specifically built your list with this in mind, it's actually pretty tough to do and end up with an effective army.

I'm Guy. No idea who the other guy is, no offence Noah

Sure, most of my army is Vets+Seekers and if someone wants to get a 40k game its magically changed into Sternguard using the 1st Strike Force formation!.