OC Thread #6

Welcome to the Veeky Forums OC thread.
Previous Thread: Tell us about your original characters, new and old. Let's hear some stories of valor and glory and you might even see some artwork befitting such heroes!

>THIS THREAD IS PRIMARILY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITES FROM YOUR GAMES
It's like the Storythread, but centered on characters that we all know and help make. Art is just a potential byproduct of that, not the focus.

>WHEN POSTING YOUR OC
Give us a little blurb about your character, this is a brag thread after all. Some basic questions to get you started:
• Name:
• Role(s):
• Goals:
• Traits:
• Flaws:
• Allies:
• Enemies:
• Other Relations:
• Physical Description:

Write and share stories about each others' characters (use a pastebin for works that would take up multiple posts). Draw and share pictures of each others' characters (please link offsite in the event of NSFW work).

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own.

Need help developing a new character concept? Ask away!

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way. If you can't draw, write something for someone and vice/versa.

>THREADLY ART PROMPT
Draw an OC as another one of the main fantasy races.

>CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT QUESTION
If your OC could watch any movie available today, which one would be their favorite, and why?

>IF YOU JUST NEED CHARACTER ART, GO TO THE DRAW THREAD
There are more artists consistently there that are actively looking for requests to fill, that's not the case here.

>DON'T MAKE A NEW THREAD UNTIL PAGE 10
Use art from these threads as OP image when possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt2403021/
youtube.com/watch?v=amYzBQMT4VI
firebringeraxels-junk.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe I should skip namefagging because I noticed that I took way too much space in the former thread due to being bored. Sorry about that peeps.

Also I saw it in the old thread, but it's fucking amazing.

domo

sadly for you it's her party members goal to ruin her purity slowly.

we're talking about protecting that smile, not protecting that humen

her smile will turn very lewd over time if the party keeps up their shenanigans.

You and me both probably. Boredom is the #1 cause of thread bumping. Donate now to help end thread bumping. Your small donation of a quarter a day can help to end this terrible plight today. Insert eyes of the angels background music here.

So long as the loss of purity is consensual it sounds like a good time.

Are you against the idea of her turning into a lewd little rascal?

>So long as the loss of purity is consensual it sounds like a good time.

depends on if she knows what going on. it is very easy for someone to take advantage of her.

nope, just surprised how badly the party wants it.

Would it be weird if it was a one-armed hug?

Either way, seriously, that smile deserves to be protected. So cute.

hm, think someone could add some freckles to her face? i think it would look a lot cuter personally!

You know, I like this.

I like characters that are unapologetically doing evil things, but not just being edgelords about it. It's a nice change.

I guess that could prove interesting though, as she will be forced into a shattered innocence and having to understand the world for how it is

>nope, just surprised how badly the party wants it.

People love "breaking in" the pure girl, user.

she would be confused at first, but i think she would like it. she would be supper concerned about the loss of arm though and ask a lot of questions.

Unless she's either genuinely retarded or anime-protagonist-tier dense, she's gonna figure it out along the way.

This.

She already knows from her romance novels that the boy parts go into the girl parts (and sometimes the other parts girls and boys have), so it's not like she'll be going in completely unprepared.

Seconded.

This is very true. Makign a pure character is like wearing a flag that says "corrupt me" above your head.

Most of my favorite villains didn't have backstories that justify their actions nor were they edgy. They just decided to be evil and liked it.

iv'e noticed. the far more promiscuous female in the party is making a game out of it, she is the main person who recommended the erotic novel for study.
>pic related

>CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT QUESTION
>If your OC could watch any movie available today, which one would be their favorite, and why?

Lord of the Rings, and she would go crazy trying to figure out how to cook Lembas bread.

she isnt THAT dense. the point is, she can be very easily manipulated into doing such lewd acts. getting into her head and fucking with her is not hard to do.

Guess I'll go back to namefagging then. She is a psychopath, there's no way around it. She's lawful evil, not lawful because she respects laws but has very strong restrictions and rules on herself. She carries around a special ritual dagger that is in no way magical or actually unique other than it's design, but it holds an extremely extremely high value for her, both materialistically, spiritually and sentimentally. She is only allowed to use that knife during assassinations, and since she is a vishkanya she has poisonous blood, so she soaks the ritual dagger in her own blood, with some sort of self-inflicted wound, and then stabs her victim, hopefully either killing them or putting them to sleep with her poison.

Sorry for rambling on a bit too much but I really loved playing her, it's such a shame that campaign and group fell apart because too mixed time zones..

>promiscuous character is a catgirl
>UnsurprisedFace.jpg

>If your OC could watch any movie available today, which one would be their favorite, and why?
Thug would love Gladiator! He'd probably cry a little bit during parts of it since he understands what the character is going through in the film.

There was talk of posting Shadowrun characters last thread? I'm off to work now but I'll be keen to draw one or two when I get back (that cowboy in the draw thread doesn't really interest me at the moment).

Orc/troll ladies may get priority. Cyborg arms a plus.

;_; thug, don't cry..!

As long as it's with people she can trust and there's cuddles afterwards, no harm done...

But if we're talking stuff like FatalPulse doujins, it's time to pull the brakes, yeah.

>getting into her head and fucking with her is not hard to do.

She's one game of Truth or Dare away from getting exactly what Slut Cat wants, eh?

I had a male Troll in Shadowrun who's runner name was Bridge Slayer. He got his name when he helped bomb a newly built bridge that some megacorp had screwed the construction company out of the pay for due to some contract loophole.

Him can no help it.

So the catgirl is slutty...
but is she also smart?

Why do I get the feeling Slut Cat's probably already picked out the man she's gonna lose it to.

I wanted to start some, but only one appeared and there wasn't much to it/much explained about it.

All I got is a ord lady with long hair, cyber samurai look without replacing every part of her body with cyberware. And yes, I'm going with the cliché "orc female with eyepatch". Cargo pants and tank top, obvious tomboy al a orc style.

Don't have much else desu.

Hey, at least concern is different from disdain. She'd wave it off, laugh, maybe even flex and joke that the other arm works hard enough for two. Don't let her question it too much, no point in making her sad.

that could not have been said in a better way

oh yea, she made a living out of using her body and words to her advantage. she is quite charismatic and know what she wants.

If you could pick ONE (1) OC pair to be canon in their settings, who would it be?

Hard Mode: Who would it NEVER be?

she is quite a sweet girl and if she got noticeably uncomfortable she would stop questioning, but she doesn't do good with subtlety.

Well, it wasn't my character, but one of my favorite Shadowrun character's was a DMPC named Brick. Huge troll with a lot of obvious cybernetics, and an axe. He was sort of the mascot of the party, and he would regularly steal police cars to provide very loud and fast distractions for us.

>If you could pick ONE (1) OC pair to be canon in their settings, who would it be?

Frankie and Sigmund seem to play off each other perfectly, it'd be a perfect mentor/tutor and father/daughter partnership.

Personally i would like to see this. It would be so fucking cute!

Well, there really isn't a reason for Cata to not answer her questions - she was just avoiding it because she didn't want to focus on something so dark with an innocent girl like that. So she'd quickly explain that she lost her arm in a fight and leave it at that. And gently remind her that she's still a good paladin despite it, as much to herself as to Isabel.

Didn't expect a non-romantic answer, +1 to you.

• Name: Sergeant Thenalore "Lori" Arathasia
• Role(s): Primary healer, secondary tank, mercy killer, team mom.
• Goals: Return to her own world and defeat the Demon Lord Belial to prevent him from killing Etrius the Child God again before he can ascend to immortality.
• Traits: Kind but taciturn, works towards the greater good at great personal cost, can take a beating and keep coming back, absolutely refuses to leave men behind alive.
• Flaws: Too trusting and a bit naive, always assumes the best in people. Led to her old unit being entirely wiped out except for her, which left her with PTSD and survivor's guilt.
• Allies: Lithwain, the Lady of Mercy: her patron; goddess of life, family, and second chances; and the mother of Etrius. Devotees of hers cry tears of blood when using her magic, a reflection of the tears she shed for her once-dead son.
Taiman Whitefire: fellow servant of Mercy and her "step-brother," Blood Hunter with a grudge against his father for using him as a guinea pig and selling him into slavery.
Strahd von Zarovich: after the party was trapped in Barovia by Kelnor, they sought the aid of the local lord in returning to their own world. Nobody knew he was a vampire, and they formed a mutually beneficial relationship. Strahd eventually asked her out, and, seeing how helpful he had been to her (not to mention handsome), she accepted. She just learned of his true nature from Sergei, and is returning to Castle Ravenloft to confront him.

that makes sense. Mary is quite the compassionate girl, after the first hug she would probably want more just to make sure Cata didn't feel sad about her arm, Mary would probably call it cute or something to try and make Cata feel better about it and not be sad.

• Enemies: Belial, Lord of Lies, and his servant, the mad wizard Bufor the Blind, who pretended to be a kindly old archmage and tricked her and the party into almost killing a demilich who was actually the high cleric of the still-dead Etrius,and who also happened to be the asshole who killed him the first time.
Kelnor: pseudo-lich vampire that trapped the party in the Dread Realms. Won't stay dead.
Oberon Whitefire, the elf king: obsessed with racial purity, wants to create a "master race" of elves (of which Lori and Taiman are the alpha and beta for, respectively), to dominate and enslave the other races.
• Other Relations: Loreanna Arathasia, the elf queen: her mother. Estranged wife of Oberon, opposes his ambitions of domination.
• Physical Description: Half-elf, 6'4", pale skin, lithe but well-muscled and actually quite chesty but normally wears a suit of plate armor that obscures her figure and features, but still distinctive in its own right: dark silver in color with a red engraving of Lithwain on the breastplate the functions as her holy symbol. Has a pointed chin, green eyes, slightly overlong elfin ears, and blonde hair in two braids on the sides of her face and one in the back. Fights with a shield and a magic spear with a unicorn horn as the tip.

Thirded? Thats a thing right?

thinking about it, this is actually a really good idea. i may or may not recommend that to the cat girls player just because it would be too damn perfect to pass up.

Only problem that I can think of is that it would get in the way of the blush.

Sorry I got the name mixed up...Cata tries not to outwardly feel bad about it, and she really just doesn't want to be looked down on for it or treated as weak. She's a little sad, but she wants to move past it to try and be properly happy again.

Just about anyone else calling her cute in any way would probably get more than a few angry words, but...Mary obviously means well, and that makes it a compliment worth appreciating. Time to ruffle her hair, playfully call her cuter, and tug her close in a friendly one-armed embrace as she distracts her with some story or another.

nah, some light freckles on her face and shoulders, maybe a little on the chest would be super fucking cute.

i am quite sad these characters cant play in the same universe. i'm absolutely loving this relationship they have!

She was raised by her father with the belief that it is the duty of Nobility to protect those less fortunate and as a result her drive and purpose is very strong.

Her mother died when she was very young so her main mother figure has always been her hand maiden who in contrast to her father is very wary of many of the demi-human and non-human citizens of the city. Because of this she has had very little chance to interact with them up close and tends to regard them with a sense of wonder.

Well, I'm not denying that - just don't overdo it. We can't put freckles on every character, you know!

I know! I love that sort of friendly, almost sibling-like relationship that characters sometimes form. Whether lewd or not lewd, it's a great thing to have in a party of strangers.

i haven't been around for very long, and might have missed it, or i just forgot, but whats the reasoning for her lost arm any way?

>We can't put freckles on every character, you know!

very true! but she already has some red hair and looks the type to have freckles to begin with, i think it would work very well.

while i'm not against it going lewd if that's how it would develop naturally, after all she is still just now figuring out her body and these feelings, but as of now i'm absolutely loving the sort of relationship they are having now, it's too bad it can't be canon in our games.

There's not much to tell - I brought the character in through an already-existing campaign, so I hadn't met the party when we were all dragged into an arena sort of tournament.

Cata ended up fighting the party barbarian, and even with an NPC that had helped her the fight was really closely matched, to the point where we were at about the same (low) health. He ended up getting a really powerful critical hit, and the GM decided that Cata didn't get killed, but she lost her arm.

It ended up becoming a character-defining thing, especially as other players and characters expressed doubt on how she'd do without a shieldarm. For some reason it really hurt when one player said OOC that she should just go off into the woods and die so I could make a new character. He toned it down later, but man. She never got a prosthetic, or magicked it back, so I decided to keep it as is.

i really like it! its not too carzy and out there but its just enough to create a good character motivation. i never though about removing limbs instead of killing character either. i like how instead of killing the character you turned it into a major part of the characters motivation.

Well, I know Cata would go into the relationship with really only friendly feelings - I never honestly considered if she was bi or not, since it feels like so many people just go that way anyway since 'lesbins r hawt' and it didn't exactly come up in-game. She'd probably develop some deeper affections, but that would be over time.

And goodness yes, it is cute. I want it badly, Cata would be such a good 'big sister.' She never got along too well with most of her last party, and I feel that's something I missed out on.

Well, the GM admitted he mostly did it because I had just brought the character in that session, and I can't honestly say in most cases I'd enjoy getting a limb removed, even if it was instead of death.

I saw some sense of how it could be a great character-building thing from the moment Cata took 23 damage, but the specifics of it evolved more from the characters bouncing off each other. I'm honestly proud of how it turned out, since it's not a 'abloobloo woe is me I can no longer be a good paladin without an arm' it's 'no I'm going to be the best paladin and I'll prove it to everyone, nothing is going to stop me.' I'm just disappointed she never did get a big break that would make the party respect her.

If anyone here writes - and I thoroughly recommend anyone who thinks they can't to give it a shot - and wants a short prompt:
Write a small encounter between your character and another of your choice meeting in a tavern (or other establishment) , whether they meet as old friends recounting the month's tales to eachother, new allies comparing scars and battle wounds, or simply relaxing in each other's company with a cold pint and warm entertainment.

>I never honestly considered if she was bi or not, since it feels like so many people just go that way anyway since 'lesbins r hawt'

well, psychologically speaking girls are far more likely to swing both ways at least a little, but i get it. i'm not sure how Mary would react towards romantic advances any way, she is just so new to all this!

>She never got along too well with most of her last party

Mary has a similar problem, alot of her party members just tease her and use her lack of sexual knowledge to their advantage. Ame (cat girl) was the worst with it, constantly making advances and such. she tries to understand them but the rest of the party just lives in a totally different world than her so its hard for her to get along.

I feel like most people would have exceptions - I can imagine a few guys would be totally straight, but if Captain America came buy they'd at least think twice. And Cata already finds Mary cute and huggable, they just have to get close enough for that relationship to kick up a notch. It might not even initially seem romantic, like in one of those cheesy movie scenes where characters go from playing to just staring into each other's eyes. Still, it'd be funny to have Cata try to explain romance to Mary. "When do the birds and bees come in?"

And it doesn't sound like they don't get along as much as the party enjoys teasing and are a bit above her innocence. Cata got off on the wrong foot with one party member, another didn't have much of a moral compass and kept forcing her to keep him out of trouble, and then the barbarian (humorously OOC, though frustrating IC) didn't recognize her or what he'd done to her because of his low INT, no matter how many times she pointedly gestured at her stump.

"thi...this is not rely about birds or bees is it..."
but yea, while it is more teasing than not getting along, Ame has a more...maliciously lewd intent.

it looks like Cata is a bit worse off though, if they where in the same party i would hope they would get along, one of the other party memebers, Kyen,
>pic related
thinks its far more irritating than cute or exploitable, though he will still tease her about other stuff in a less friendly way

Trill's player here to answer the threadly development question

Trill's favorite movie would probably be either Jaws or a loudly outspoken and not at all ironic adoration for Green Inferno.
imdb.com/title/tt2403021/

I admit, it was partially my fault for making a paladin in a very chaotic neutral party, but I knew I enjoyed paladins and was hoping I could make it work. Mary might actually get along well in that party, since I think they'd take a shine to someone cute.

But I think Cata would get along well with Mary, and Ame probably wouldn't cause her much trouble, though she'd be a bit more protective over Mary's innocence. Even Kyen doesn't sound too bad, though they might knock heads over how he treats Mary. That's all I can guess from brief descriptions. At least you're having fun as things are now, right?

so salt, if you are lurking, how much would you charge for a lewder version of this?

Asteth would probably root for the snakes, 'ironically' of course.
youtube.com/watch?v=amYzBQMT4VI

>13131
nice

but yea, im having a fun time, the guy who plays Kyen doesn't like mary too much, like i said before, i had no intent of her character exploring such a lewd path, but thats what the rest of the party pushed her into, and ive been having fun with it. its very interesting and the way its been developing as of now has been quite a joy to play. its nothing i have ever done with a character before. the other players are having a real fun time trying to ruin her purity and innocence. like said,
>She's one game of Truth or Dare away from getting exactly what Slut Cat wants

stuff like that is what the rest of the party lives for, save for Kyen.

I think Sigmund would really enjoy The Green Mile, though I can't quite put my finger on why.

So is it fun in a 'I'm enjoying seeing how long I can resist advances' sort of way, or just in trying to work with how a character changes over time? I'm sure both can be fun, I'm just curious.

Cata's unique for me in how emotionally outward, yet complex she is. On one hand, she's a brash, tomboyish woman who isn't afraid to get snappy if she feels insulted. On the other hand, she can be a sweet girl, she has her soft spots, and she's nursing an inner pain over losing her arm and how that's affected her faith. So she's both got emotions readily seen on her sleeve, and stuff that she intentionally tries to keep hidden.

>So is it fun in a 'I'm enjoying seeing how long I can resist advances' sort of way, or just in trying to work with how a character changes over time? I'm sure both can be fun, I'm just curious.

of both to be honest. i have never played such an innocent and pure character before so its very fun to see how she developes as a person, but its also fun to see how long this character will resist these urges, and how long it will take before she understands what it is she is doing with her body.

im quite enjoying her lewd developments as well as her non lewd developments

Gunna namefag for a quick post. As some may know I do homebrew firebringeraxels-junk.tumblr.com/ and I am feeling bored. Does anyone have any Races, Subraces, or Subclasses they'd like to see for 5th Edition that are relevant to their OC or just cool ideas?

> if your OC could watch any movie available today, which one would be their favorite, and why?

Probably something with a strong female lead and fantasy elements like Frozen

It's generally good to feel a character is developing or growing over the course of the story. That's why I love roleplaying so much - videogames, I can't help but mentally treat it more like the character is me. Any sense of progression is only in material acquisition - better stuff, cooler tools. No matter how much story is put into the game, I can't focus on what my character is thinking or feeling or how they react to things. Writing a story, I have to judge on the story as much as the character, so I don't get much time to appreciate deeper character or how they'd react to different things. With roleplaying, I can look at the character as their own person and try to roleplay, and the story is out of my hands so I get to just enjoy the world.

Cata would keep interrupting her so hard. Barging into her room late at night screaming something about midnight slumber parties. Don't waste that purity.

OC Movie Night group pic when?

Sir Jeffries on the other hand would probably enjoy Merlin or Lotr though he would lament the lack of magic in the latter and wonder why Gandalf didn't just kill everything with a fireball

hahaha, that's a great scene to imagine!
i could totally see Cata swooping to save Mary as Ame tries to bring her into a brothel. or barging into Marys room to stop Ame from making advances.

though it would be quite the encounter to try and explain to Mary what it is she is doing during her late night research because who honestly doesn't understand, she just knows it feels good, so someone trying to explain that to her would be incredibly interesting.

Do want

What would everyone be doing?

>though it would be quite the encounter to try and explain to Mary what it is she is doing during her late night research because who honestly doesn't understand, she just knows it feels good, so someone trying to explain that to her would be incredibly interesting.

Are you honestly telling me the girl feeling funny feelings between her legs won't actually try touching the thing between her legs, and notice it feels good doing it?

>>We can't put freckles on every character, you know!

Nonsense. Freckles make every character better.

>Are you honestly telling me the girl feeling funny feelings between her legs won't actually try touching the thing between her legs, and notice it feels good doing it?

she has touched it a little, its an unexplored area for her, she has never felt anything like that before so she doesnt quite know what to do. she has been horribly sheltered her entire life, anything remotely sexual in nature is %100 new to her, and as such has no idea how to deal with it at all. the only thing she has to go off of is the erotic novel she picked up. witch, compared to any standard, was very soft core.

It'd be cool, but I honestly don't know what movie Cata would want to watch, and I'm not really sure she'd enjoy most of the choices outside of LoTR.

Though if she ever saw Captain America, I can easily imagine her fangirling over him.

>Cata kicks her way into wherever they are
>"NO"
>"VERBOTEN"
>pushes Ames out and slams the door
>shoves a bunch of books into Mary's arms
>"This is how you should have fun, not that!"
>insists on staying guard the whole night
>'staying guard' is sort of aggressively cuddling while reading books

Well, she could try to do something moralizing, but it's not as if her research is necessarily bad.

She'd probably use a cake analogy - cake is delicious, but you don't have it for breakfast or dinner, you wait until desert so you don't have too much of it. That way, you can properly enjoy your dessert without a 'tummyache.'

Dressing(transforming in one case) into the characters of the movie?
Frankie would be carrying a tray of movie-related snacks.
Trill would probably be getting too into the movie, maybe freaking people out as she starts to resemble the Predator or the Balrog or something.
I think Asteth is the lamia-dad, I'm not sure but I guess snake tails make for great impromptu couches.
Sigmund, maybe helping Frankie with the snacks, wearing an apron and grinning ear to ear.
I'm not sure about Anna, maybe singing along if it's a musical, or hiding behind someone if it's a scary movie?

>she has touched it a little, its an unexplored area for her, she has never felt anything like that before so she doesnt quite know what to do. she has been horribly sheltered her entire life, anything remotely sexual in nature is %100 new to her, and as such has no idea how to deal with it at all. the only thing she has to go off of is the erotic novel she picked up. witch, compared to any standard, was very soft core.

What I'm saying is that if she touched it a little and noticed it felt *really* good, she would've continued to touch it until she had her first filthy orgasm.

She's a sheltered virgin with a very low WIS score, which means any amount of hesitation or nervousness on touching herself would be tempered by just how impulsive she is.

For a girl who has never felt anything like that before, gentle rubbing is all it takes.

>She's a sheltered virgin with a very low WIS score, which means any amount of hesitation or nervousness on touching herself would be tempered by just how impulsive she is

her mother and fathers incredible amounts of sheltering and restriction stick with her though, its ingrained deep in her mind that such acts are wrong, but she doesn't quite know why. she knows it feels good and she likes it, but she is still embarrassed by it and thinks she is bad for doing it, so she would stop before anything got too out of hand.

while she has low WIS she isn't too impulsive because of her parents parenting and how it has effected her.

forgot to mention she has yet to orgasm. and frankly is a little scared too. the build up is too much and she gets way to embarrassed with herself and thinks she is horrible for enjoying it even though her mother and father said such things where evil .

No seriously, think about it in guy terms: you've never fapped before, there's no porn around, you've never even seen a naked woman so you have nothing to imagine, and all you have is some vague idea of what you're supposed to do - rub your dick - but it's not at all hard and you're not getting any pleasure from it. You have a book to read from that gives you an idea of lewdness, but it's so couched in metaphor that you have no idea what's really happening.

Sure, it's not as if a girl has to worry about going soft, but the same principal applies - think about the times it will probably feel good. Not sitting alone in her room, but probably while looking at a cute boy or something. And she knows she's not supposed to touch that in a public place - she's naive about sex, but she knows that's a private area. So she feels a little pleasure, waits, but she can't recreate the sensation later.

the context here is key. she wanted to know what her party members where talking about, but didn't want the embarrassment of asking in front of them to avoid more teasing, so she decided to secretly buy an erotic novel so she can learn what it is they where talking about, but in the process of reading it, she comes to enjoy it...alot... she feels a feeling she has never felt before, so she goes to inspect and finds out that inspecting feels good, really good, but she also knows her parents would think poorly of her, and it has been ingrained into her mind for years that such acts are evil, she is now having to conflict with these VERY intense feelings but also she has been told for her entire life that this is very very wrong. its too very powerful feelings and emotions conflicting in her head.

So she just has to find a cute boy who'll do it for her.

i love it, it works so well.
i can image the cake analogy happening not long after the encounter with Ame during her time staying guard.

god damn i love it. mind if you give me some more info on your character too? i would love to know more about her as well.

she is too embarrassed to even do it herself, let alone let anyone else KNOW she is doing such evil things to her body.

Well, here's a basic bio. If you wanted some more specific info, of course you can ask. I'm glad you like her too!

>Name
Cata Fractalae
>Role in their party
At first she was something of a support frontline fighter - she had a bit of room to use her javelins until the enemy closed. But then the barbarian left, so she was the only frontline fighter, and made use of her scimitar more.
>Goals
Uphold the law in a way that is fair and good
Travel and see the world
Get a prosthetic for her missing arm
>Qualities
Feels kind of vague, but she's a half-elf from a noble background, is fairly well educated and intelligent. The whole getting-her-arm-cut-off thing has also made her even more tomboyish and brash than she was before, because now she has something to prove - she doesn't want to be seen as weak or unable to do her job as a paladin. She can be perfectly friendly, she just refuses to ask for help.
>Flaws
Like I said, she refuses to ask for help - even when it would be far easier to get someone to pull her up, she insists on climbing up the rope herself one handed. She tends to retort when she shouldn't retort - one shouldn't insult the person threatening to kill you in your sleep. And obviously, the arm causes problems since she can no longer use a shield, and isn't very good at climbing or swimming anymore.

why does she want to travel the world? and why does she want to uphold the law?

also, how would she react to a nice comment about her arm? for example

"a guard with one arm and a good heart is better than a thousand guards with no heart"

Name: August Sheridan
Role: Face/researcher.
Goals: Recovering his lost academic respect and accreditation. Either by gathering evidence that he was framed and had a smear campaign run against him, or by making the discovery he feels he was close to before being forced to the shadows.
Traits: Academically knowledgeable in the fields of history (magical and mundane), sociology, and anthropology. A Snake shaman and a decent shot with a heavy pistol. Good with most people, he's a well spoken and decently attractive young man who generally tries to get what he wants diplomatically or through subterfuge.
Flaws: Unfortunately, not wanting to solve things violently is generally a problem as a shadowrunner so he often comes into conflict with his party mates about it. He's one track minded about his search for the truth, to the point of screwing whoever he's currently working for about it, and has some pretty crazy theories regarding the whole thing. Doesn't believe in Occam's Razor, for better or worse.
Allies: None, so far, I just played my first session with the character yesterday. At least not beyond the party.
Enemies: The Atlantean Foundation, who he thinks/knows discredited him. We'll see who he pisses off over the course of the campaign.
Other Relations: Knows a small number of random folks across most continents. Usually just people who can transport goods and acquire basic supplies from his time as a field archaeologist. Also has a few academic contacts who owe him actual favors.
Physical Description: A tall, decently built man of about 30, might be just shy of it though. Dark hair and green eyes, with a shade of stubble he tries to remember to shave off. Usually wears a leather jacket over a vest and tie combo. Two matching tattoos on each forearm, a snake curled around a pyramid pointing up on his right arm and a snake coiled around a pyramid pointing down on his left. Usually has some manner of historical artifact on him, currently an ancient scroll.

Wasn't able to fit it in the first post, but would anyone be willing to do some art for him?

Also, as for movies. I came up with him after binge watching X-Files and playing the new Uncharted. So probably X-Files, but that doesn't really count.

You... seem to have posted a pony.

Well, first let me share a short bio I forgot to post;

>Daughter of a pair of minor nobles, legitimate child, raised in a (not!Byzantine) kingdom. Was somewhat tomboyish, but was fourth in line and kept with her studies, so was given leeway. Grew up with a deep respect for the law, became a paladin to better uphold it and make it fair and good, and started traveling and adventuring. Cata came to love her work and adventuring in general, having truly found her calling in the way that merely being a priest or magistrate never would have satisfied.

That's putting it simply, but the long and short of it is that she legitimately enjoys travelling and adventuring more than a quieter, stabler life. And she wants to uphold the law because her parents were good people who used the law righteously, but also due to religious devotion - Abadar, the god she worships, is partially a god of law. So she wants to make sure laws are upheld in ways that are just, but also fair.

And this is going to sound stupid, but I had never thought anyone would react positively to her arm. Perhaps not particularly caring, but saying something nice?

It depends a little on the person and if she thinks they're just being sarcastic, but a genuine comment would probably either have her react with surprise, or blush and muttering some thank you before doing something to remind everyone she's tough, dammit. And that is honestly a nice comment, by the by.

its quite nice to hear of a character without dead parents or otherwise tragic backstory. while it works in some cases i think it is quite overdone.

as for the comment, assuming it is something Mary would say after her posting guard to protect her from Ame, i was curious as to how she would react to such a comment.

also, sauce on that gif? i don't see dark skinned anime character very often and i'm curious as to what its from.