Dragonball Quest #14

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>Information on the MC

pastebin.com/26cbDMzF

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a twelve year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Roshi's Training

>>youtube.com/watch?v=X5B8v1a46lw

"But, you haven't taught us anything yet," you tell Master Roshi.

Goku nods.

"So, anyway, Launch," Master Roshi says, changing the subject. "Since you're my special guest and all, how would you like to take a romantic walk around my island paradise?"

Launch looks around. "Well, it doesn't look like a very long walk. Alright, that sounds...pleasant to me."

"You-you mean it?" Master Roshi asks in disbelief. "Oh boy!"

He begins dancing around with excitement.

"I think he liked that answer," Krillin comments, laughing.

>A. You're surprised Launch said yes

>B. You wonder when training will begin

>C. Ask Krillin if he's ever done martial arts before now

>D. Something else

Bumping

>B. You wonder when training will begin

>>A. You're surprised Launch said yes
>>B. You wonder when training will begin
>>C. Ask Krillin if he's ever done martial arts before now

"I wonder when the training will begin," you mutter to Krillin.

"Who knows?" he asks. "Probably once Master Roshi's had his walk."

"And while you're here," you hear your master say to Launch. "You might as well study martial arts with us, too."

"I don't know," Launch tells him. "I have soft hands, and I've never been very interested in fighting."

"Well, there are many benefits to martial arts besides being able to beat the tar out of people, you know," Master Roshi tells her. "It increases your physical stamina, it's good for the noggin, and, uh, it's good on your oily pores."

"I wouldn't pass up this opportunity, Launch," Krillin tells her, actually sounding sincere. "Master Roshi's a legend in the martial arts world. Lots of people would do anything for a lesson from him. It's like a collector's item."

Launch smiles and bows politely toward your master. "Wow, then of course I will!"

Master Roshi rubs the back of his head. "Yeah, I guess there's no denying my greatness."

"Can we please start now?" Goku asks.

Master Roshi comes over and whispers something to Krillin. Krillin bows and whispers something back before Master Roshi excitedly runs into the house.

"Where's he going now?" Goku asks.

>A. To do something ridiculous, you're sure

>B. Hopefully to get stuff for training

>C. You don't know

>D. Something else

>D. Something else
"I'm not sure I want to know."

>>B. Hopefully to get stuff for training

"I'm not sure I want to know," you answer. "Hopefully to get stuff for training."

Master Roshi comes running from the house, carrying boxes under his arm as he rushes toward you and the others.

He takes a box out and hands it to Launch.

"First, let's put our uniforms on," Master Roshi says loudly.

Goku grins. "You were right! He was going to get stuff for training!"

Launch sets the box down and begins to remove her clothes, which Master Roshi seems to be watching closely.

As she goes to remove her top, Krillin stops her.

"Woah, you can change in the house if you want," Krillin tells her.

"Okay," Launch says pleasantly, picking up her box and heading inside. "Yes, that's a good idea."

"Now why in the world did you have to bring that up?!" Master Roshi shouts at Krillin as soon as Launch is out of earshot.

"I panicked," Krillin admits.

Master Roshi sighs, handing out boxes. You open yours to find that what's inside looks nothing like a uniform. It's black and pink, and looks like it would hardly cover anything.

"Eww, I'm not wearing that," Goku protests, echoing your own thoughts.

"You will if you want lessons!" Master Roshi scolds. "This is the only way my plan will work!"

>A. You aren't wearing this, if you have to you'll go train somewhere else

>B. Change into the "uniform"

>C. Ask Master Roshi why he keeps doing stuff like this

>D. Something else

>B. Change into the "uniform"

>C

You choose a bad time to run SOM. Most people are probably out at parties.

You put the uniform on, as do Krillin, Goku, and Master Roshi himself.

You do your best to avoid looking at the others, and are glad you do not have a mirror so you don't have to see how ridiculous you look.

"I'm back," you hear Launch announce as she comes back outside in the outfit.

You realize two things as you look at her. One: you're pretty sure you figured out the point of this "uniform" for Master Roshi. And two: it is a REALLY good thing you didn't bring Bulma, because all four of you would probably be dead by now.

"This looks like underwear," Launch comments as she walks toward you and the others.

"Oh, no, it's...uh...Turtle Hermit fighting armor" Master Roshi tells her.

"Clever name," Krillin comments.

"Okay...but it doesn't seem to protect much," Launch points out as she approaches.

"Now, we'll start out with aerobics," Master Roshi announces.

You hear a buzzing, and see a small insect pass by Master Roshi's face. He swats at it until it flies away, moving over to Launch and going just past her nose.

Launch wiggles her nose, and takes in a deep breath.

"Uh-uh-uh-oh, it's coming!" she shouts.

>A. Ask what's coming

>B. Ask Master Roshi if you can please change out of these uniforms

>C. Something else

Yeah, seems that way

>A while running some laps to see how easy moving in these "uniforms" is

>>A. Ask what's coming

>A. Ask what's coming

"What's coming?" you ask as you start to jog, wanting to see how easy it is to move in these uniforms.

It's extremely easy for you to move around, but you agree with Launch; they don't protect much at all. You decide to run around the island anyway, and hear a sneeze when you're about halfway there.

You come around to the front to find Launch gone, replaced by a very angry looking blonde woman, who is shaking with anger and glaring at the others.

"Okay, boys..." you hear her growls. "Whose idea was this?"

Master Roshi gulps, looking back and forth between Goku and Krillin.

The woman produces a machine gun seemingly from nowhere.

"Want to dress me up like a doll?" she asks. "Then please, don't forget the accessory machine gun!"

She opens fire on the guys, who scream and dance around in place, trying to avoid being hit but just ending up getting hit a lot.

>A. Hide behind the house

>B. Tell the new girl she looks pretty

>C. Go knock the gun from her hands

>D. Something else

>D. Apologize

>B, and tell her she is wearing Turtle Hermit armor, made by the great Master Roshii

Deadlock

Absolutely anything but

apologize, but in a "yeah sorry about them" way, not a bitch way

Fuck no, I meant D, D.

Ignore this post. I'll delete it when I can.

"Sorry about them," you tell the woman.

She turns on you immediately, aiming her gun right between your eyes.

"And who are you supposed to be, kid?" she asks. "Are you in on this, too?"

>A. No, it was Master Roshi's idea

>B. No, you came here to learn to fight, not play dress-up

>C. No, it was the old man, but it's just his age, he didn't mean to do anything bad

>D. Something else

Really, and I'm not sure how I feel about this, I totally agree with Launch on this one.

>>B. No, you came here to learn to fight, not play dress-up

I forgot how much I liked this bitch

"No," you tell her, explaining that you came here to learn to fight, not play dress-up.

The woman smirks at you. "So you wanna learn how to fight, kid? All you need's a good gun, and a bunch of jerks to put bullets in. Watch and learn."

She turns and begins firing on the others again. Master Roshi, Krillin, and Goku resume their dance and try desperately to avoid the bullets, but don't have much luck.

The woman chuckles to herself, and you feel a breeze. Some of the woman's hair blows over her nose, and she breathes deep before sneezing.

You watch in confusion as the woman suddenly turns back into Launch.

"O-oh dear, sorry," she says quickly, throwing the gun aside.

Master Roshi, Goku, and Krillin are on the ground, covered in bullet holes and groaning loudly.

Launch rubs the back of her head. "See? My other half comes out when I sneeze, and she doesn't like pig-headed boys."

She frowns. "Did she do anything bad to you?"

>A. Well, Master Roshi kind of deserved it, but she hurt Goku and Krillin

>B. She shot them

>C. Laugh

>D. Say nothing

>E. Something else

>A. Well, Master Roshi kind of deserved it, but she hurt Goku and Krillin
"But she seemed to kinda tolerate me. Maybe I was lucky."

>B. She shot them

>>A. Well, Master Roshi kind of deserved it, but she hurt Goku and Krillin

>B and A

"She shot them," you explain. "Master Roshi kind of deserved it, but Goku and Krillin-"

"Hey, whaddya mean I deserved it?!" Master Roshi asks, hopping up. "That's no way to talk about your master!"

"Ow...." Goku groans from the ground.

"So...should we start our training now?" Launch asks.

"Heh, on second thought, maybe you should sit this out," Master Roshi tells her. "Those soft hands of yours won't do you much good in a fight."

He looks around at you, Krillin, and Goku. "Everybody go get changed, we're leaving in five minutes."

>A. Leaving for where?

>B. Go change

>C. Something else

>B. Go change

>>B. Go change

You head inside with Goku and Krillin, changing back into your normal clothes before heading outside. You find that Master Roshi and Launch have changed as well, and once your master sees you are all outside, he capsulizes the house and throws another capsule into the water, producing a boat.

"Master Roshi's rule number one," he says as he climbs in. "Travel in style."

The boat speeds across the ocean, and you're informed that you're traveling to a larger island where there will be more room for training.

"Launch? Can you do me a favor?" he asks, looking over at the girl who is sitting in the passenger seat. "Try not to sneeze."

He seems scared of Launch's other half. You wonder if that means he'll be on his best behavior around her.

Probably not.

"Yes, I'll try," Launch promises.

The boat reaches the island before long, and from the beach you can see a large volcano towering over it all.

Master Roshi hops out of the boat and throws a capsule, placing his house on the beach.

"Anyone up for a short martial arts lesson before dinner?" he asks.

>A. Yes

>B. Definitely!

>C. You're hungry

>D. Something else

>A. Yes

>A. Yes
... that's purportedly the reason we're here.

You tell Master Roshi that you are, and Goku and Krillin readily agree.

"Yes, I find it helps digestion," Master Roshi tells you. "Hey, where's Goku?"

"Oh, I know!" Launch says. "He said he'd take a look around the island, then he went off on that funny cloud."

Goku soon appears on the Nimbus, pointing off into the distance.

"Master, I think someone beat us to the island," he announces.

"About three hundred someones to be exact," Master Roshi confirms. "But, don't worry. They just live here. They're not competition. Now, let's have a lesson."

"You mean it?" Goku asks excitedly.

Goku jumps off his cloud, windmilling his arms.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah," Goku repeats happily.

Krillin glares over at him.

>A. Ask what the training will be

>B. Tell Goku to calm down

>C. Ask Krillin what's wrong

>D. Something else

>>A. Ask what the training will be

>A. Ask what the training will be

"What will the training be?" you ask.

"Well, before I can teach you boys anything new, I'll have to test your current ability," Master Roshi explains. "Krillin, do you have any martial arts training?"

"Yes, master," Krillin confirms. "I trained for eight years at the Magic Orin Temple."

"Good, then I suppose I can skip the lesson on what a punch is," Master Roshi tells him.

"Excuse me?" Launch asks. "Should I be training too?"

"Well, that's up to you," Master Roshi tells her.

Launch smiles. "Well, I guess I will if you guys ar-ah-"

Master Roshi, Goku, and Krillin flee in a panic, hiding behind a nearby boulder. Fortunately for them, Launch just yawns.

"Actually, fighting makes me sleepy," Launch decides. "I'll just go make some food."

Master Roshi, Goku, and Krillin fall over, and when they get back up, Master Roshi looks around, thinking to himself.

"Okay....we'll start right here," he says, pointing to the boulder. "And we'll end....over by that tree."

He points to a tree a short distance away.

"That's about a hundred meters, right?" Master Roshi asks. "Where's my stopwatch?"

"You want us to race?" Krillin asks, sounding unimpressed.

"Running is a good test of speed and strength," Master Roshi tells him. "Of course, if you're an expert fighter, you shouldn't be the one running away."

Krillin chuckles. "I'll run first, Master Roshi."

"Ooh, confident, are ya?" your master asks.

"Well, you'll both see why," Krillin says smugly. "I could probably make the Olympics, IF I wanted to."

Master Roshi walks over to the nearby tree, taking out his stopwatch.

>A. Ask Goku what he thinks of Krillin

>B. Watch Krillin run

>C. Something else

>B. Watch Krillin run

>A. Ask Goku what he thinks of Krillin

>>A. Ask Goku what he thinks of Krillin

You ask Goku what he thinks of Krillin, as Master Roshi gets ready to start the training.

"He's kind of silly, but he seems nice," Goku says cheerfully.

You suspect Krillin doesn't have such a high opinion of Goku.

"What do you think?" Goku asks.

>A. Krillin seems okay

>B. He seems really smug

>C. You don't know yet

>D. You don't like him

>E. Something else

>B. He seems really smug

>C. You don't know yet

>>B. He seems really smug

"He seems really smug," you comment.

"What does smug mean?" Goku asks.

As you give Goku the definition, Krillin does his running, clearing the hundred meters very fast.

"My, my, ten point four seconds," Master Roshi announces. "That's....pretty darn good."

Krillin turns around, breathing heavy but looking smug as always.

"Yeah, it's an okay run," Krillin tells him. "I usually make it around ten point one. I don't know what happened, but I guess the wind was against me."

Krillin chuckles.

"Yoohoo, Master Roshi!" Goku calls. "Can I take a turn at it now?"

"Well, let's not get antsy," Master Roshi tells him. "On your mark, get set, go!"

Goku runs as fast as he can, but you notice him looking down partway across. When he reaches the mark, Master Roshi reads the time.

"Eleven seconds, even," he announces. "That's a good finish, but Krillin, you still beat him, hands down."

"Oh, it's not fair to compare him to me," Krillin tells Master Roshi. "I set the bar pretty high, you know."

"Yes, well, for rookies you both have good potential," Master Roshi confirms. "Now, Tofoo-"

"Master Roshi, can I try again with different shoes?" Goku asks.

"Don't be a sore loser," Krillin tells him. "Look at my shows, they're not exactly made for running, either, are they?"

Goku laughs, poking his toes through the front of his shoes.

Master Roshi does provide Goku with new ones, and allows him to run again. This time, Goku finishes the run in eight seconds flat.

He moves fast enough to create a gust of wind that blows Master Roshi's beard, leaving him and Krillin starting at the boy in amazement.

Krillin actually falls over in shock.

"Was I fast?" Goku asks eagerly.

>A. Tell him he did great

>B. Ask if you can take your turn

>C. Something else

>A. Tell him he did great

>>A. Tell him he did great
>>B. Ask if you can take your turn

>A, B, get into a runner's stance

>tfw we either critfail and trip or crit success and blow Krillin's near-record time away

"You did great!" you tell Goku.

"Alright, Tofoo, looks like it's your turn!" Master Roshi says, readying his stopwatch. "On your mark..."

You ready yourself.

"Get set, go!" Master Roshi shouts.

You run as quickly as you can, moving to the tree very fast. When you stop, both Master Roshi and Krillin seem surprised.

"Nine point two seconds," Master Roshi announces. "That's....impressive."

"Who taught you two how to run like that?" Krillin asks.

"Taught us?" Goku asks. "That'd be silly!"

"Well, for three young men, you're at the top of your league," Master Roshi praises. "But, that's not good enough. See, boys, to truly become great fighters, you must learn to go beyond the limits of normal people. And, that's no cakewalk."

He removes his turtle shell.

"I'll let you be the timekeeper," he tells Krillin, handing him the stopwatch.

"Whose time am I keeping?" Krillin asks.

"Mine, of course," Master Roshi says, doing some stretches. "I just hope I'm still in shape."

You, Goku, and Krillin run over to the rock.

"Okay, Master Roshi, are you ready?!" Goku shouts.

In answer, Master Roshi picks up his turtle shell and throws it. It flies over your heads and slams into the rock behind you, shattering the stone into pebbles.

"Oh yeah, I think I'm ready!" Master Roshi shouts.

"Alright then, on your mark, get set, go!" Krillin shouts.

Master Roshi moves so fast he's only a blur, passing the three of you with enough speed to blow Goku's hair right up. And Goku, despite his incredible run time, looks almost scared by Master Roshi's speed.

"That's moving!" Goku says.

>A. Ask Krillin what the time was

>B. Tell Master Roshi that was incredible

>C. Something else

>A, while heading over to try and pick up the shell

>A. Ask Krillin what the time was

OP can't bump.

You ask Krillin what the time was, turning around to try and pick up the shell.

To your surprise, it's pretty heavy. Nothing you can't carry, but much heavier than you'd expect someone, especially an old man, to carry on their back.

"Five point six seconds," Krillin reads the watch, not seeming to believe it.

Master Roshi takes the shell from you.

"Five and six-tenths seconds?" he asks, putting the shell back on. "Not too bad."

"Can you teach us to do that?" Goku asks excitedly.

"What, throw a purple turtle shell?" Master Roshi asks. "Oh, the running. Of course! It's just a matter of surpassing normal human limitations. "Gee, all that running made my tongue dry. Goku, go grab me a brewsky!"

"Okay, what's a brewsky?" Goku asks.

"Don't worry, master, I've got it!" Krillin says, running for the house.

"Oh, Goku, I have many things to teach you besides fighting," Master Roshi laments. "Now, are you sure you weren't raised in a bubble?"

Goku laughs, rubbing the back of his head.

Seconds later, you hear a loud sneeze coming from the house. Master Roshi and Goku look toward it.

"That's no yawn," Master Roshi warns.

He leaps into the bushes, and Goku follows.

>A. Hide with them

>B. Stay out and see what happens

>C. Go try to help Krillin

>D. Something else

>D. Something else
Enter the house. Obtain Pepper.

We can be proactive in this situation.

>B. Stay out and see what happens
Krillin's schaden makes me freude.

>C. Go try to help Krillin

>>C. Go try to help Krillin
Is it possible to waifu launch?

I imagine it'd be difficult. Are you up for the challenge?

Possible? Yes. But may God help you if you try, it will not be easy at all

Is it possible to waifu Seripa?

She's long dead, so no.

Goddman railroading Kappa.

You rush toward the house, hoping to help Krillin.

As you draw nearer, the door opens, and Krillin runs out as the blonde Launch, clad in an apron and carrying a butcher's knife, chases after him.

"Slow down you little pig!" she shouts as she chases the bald kid. "How's about I cook you for dinner?"

You run into the house, finding some pepper, and chase after the two of them as fast as you can.

You reach them and jump in front of Launch, throwing the pepper in her face and causing her to sneeze, turning back into her old self.

"That's odd, I could have sworn I was in the kitchen," she comments.

"Thanks for the save," Krillin tells you.

Launch goes back inside, and Master Roshi, along with Goku, emerge from their hiding space to come over to you.

"Quick thinking," Master Roshi tells you. "Goku, Krillin, take note. A great martial artist must be able to think on his feet."

"Yes, master," they say together.

"Now, boys, do you have any questions following the lesson we just had?" Master Roshi asks.

>A. Ask what he meant about going beyond normal human limits

>B. Ask why he carries that heavy turtle shell

>C. No questions

>D. Something else

>>C. No questions

>A. Ask what he meant about going beyond normal human limits
"Is that how the kamehameha works?"

>D. Something else
Ask him about mindset.

Our parents always said that you take the first step with your mind, not your body.

So what's our mindset meant to be for all this?

You ask what he meant about going beyond normal human limits, and if that's how the Kamehameha works.

"Well, that's part of it," Master Roshi confirms. "The Kamehameha draws on the energy within your own body. The stronger you become, the stronger it becomes, and if you're strong enough, you can shatter a mountain like I did."

"You did what?" Krillin asks, sweating.

You tell Master Roshi that your parents used to say to take the first step with your mind, not your body. So you ask what your mindset should be for all this.

"Your parents sound like wise people," Master Roshi tells you. "Mindset is very important in martial arts, and in overcoming human limits. The idea is very basic, but to put it into practice can be difficult. You must never accept that you've reached your peak. You must always push to become stronger. You must never believe that you can't accomplish something with hard work, training, and determination."

He turns and looks out over the island. "I've been a martial artist for a very long time. I'm considered by many to be the greatest in the world. But I still haven't accepted that I've reached my limits, and you three never should either. You can always get stronger, and you can always get better, understand?"

>A. You think so

>B. Definitely!

>C. Ask if that means Master Roshi could get even stronger

>D. Ask if anyone is stronger than him

>E. Something else

Got it. No limits.

Wonder what the first limit we can tackle is.

>E. Something else
See if we can beat our 9.2s

>C

"So, does that mean you could get even stronger?" you ask Master Roshi.

"What did I just say?!" he shouts.

"Got it," you tell him. "No limits."

You ask him if you can try running again and try to beat your previous time.

"Well, I suppose," Master Roshi says, heading to the tree while you go for the rock.

"On your mark, get set, go!"

>A. Try to beat your previous time (80)

ROLL NOW

Rolled 64 (1d100)

Rolled 98 (1d100)

Rolled 23 (1d100)

>A. Try to beat your previous time (80)
Do we have a dice god mascot?

Rolled 16 (1d100)

ROLLAN GAEMS

What quests allow me to heat it up, /v/?

Goddamn, I think we've passed nearly every dice roll in this quest. Only ones I can think of that we failed were the times we tried to jump out of a pit

And a couple against Yamcha.

and those were the only ones I didn't roll in

Q. In Dragonball, a 20,000PL can theoretically blow up the planet, right?

And Farmer With Shotgun has 5PL?

So, I was thinking. What if we got 4000 farmers with 1 shotgun each

Just use your head user, it's not hard!

Wouldn't work, as attacks against something that much stronger than it do nothing. See Freeza tanking the blasts spam from Vegeta, Gohan, and Krillin.

You run as fast as you can, telling yourself that you can beat your last goal, promising yourself that you can get faster, that you can become faster than Goku, and one day, faster than Master Roshi.

This time, you don't disappoint yourself.

"Eight point eight seconds," Master Roshi announces. "Well done."

"Master Roshi, can I try again?" Goku asks.

"Me too!" Krillin pleads.

"Now hold on!" Master Roshi says. "I want to make sure you aren't misunderstanding what I'm telling you. Yes, Tofoo improved his time, and that's commendable, but it usually won't be as easy as trying it one more time and getting better results. The lesson isn't that believing you'll do better will somehow magically do that. The point is that you never accept you've reached your limits. If you believe that you can pass whatever plateau you've reached with enough hard work, one day you will. If you convince yourself you've reached your peak, you'll never improve. Tofoo could have gotten the same time in that run, or dun worse than last time. But, that shouldn't matter."

He looks at you. "Tofoo, run it again."

You return to the rock.

"On your mark, get set, go!"

>A. Try to beat your previous speed (95)

ROLL NOW

done*

Dammit, how did I make that typo?

Rolled 65 (1d100)

>A. Try to beat your previous speed (95)
Kaguya guide my dice

Rolled 34 (1d100)

watch it be a 1

Rolled 78 (1d100)

Rolled 25 (1d100)

Rolled 52 (1d100)

Fun fact: If you rearrange the letters in SOMNIUS, you get Seven Swords.

I think it depends on the type of attack, certain moved are planet busters, though the Kamehameha could destroy a planet if used at full power and aimed straight down.

Rolled 82 (1d100)

Rolled 23 (1d100)

97 incoming

You run again, but this time aren't able to reach the same level of speed.

"Nine point six seconds," Master Roshi announces. "Now, Tofoo, do you think this means that eight point eight is the fastest you can do?"

>A. You don't know

>B. No

>C. Of course not, one day, you'll be even faster than he is!

>D. Something else

>C. Of course not, one day, you'll be even faster than he is!
That is a run-on sentence