Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Weird Weapons Edition

Have you ever wielded, homebrewed, or seen an odd weapon, /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19): paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the unerrata'd content here: web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/marvelous-pigments
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RnvxfcyHuFN86Sj4dNn6SsX_8RxEuOMNS8JuY8OJZ3Y/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Keydagger
Book shield
Tail Martial arts
Tail Gunfu
A break action musket that you loaded a wand into and it shot the spells at people.

I made several homebrew weapons actually.

Alchemist Canister Gun
2-handed firearm.
Ammo is 1 dose of either Alchemist Fire, Liquid Ice or Acid.
Reloading takes up a full round action. (Its only a standard action if you're an alchemist, who are automatically proficient with these.)
Misfire chance of 1 (has a chance of splashing the contents all over you instead)
The contents are loaded into a chamber that fires the liquids as a jet instead of as a thrown weapon.
It has two firing modes:
Spray Shot (DC 16 reflex) deals 1d6 to everything in a 30ft. cone
Jet Shot (Ranged Touch Attack) deals 1d6 to a single target within 60 ft. range

Kinetic Gauntlets
1d4 steel-knuckled gloves
Spring-Loaded - Requires a move action to pull back the spring. You may specify if the spring-loaded weapon is a stake (1d4 piercing), a hammer (1d4 bludgeoning) or a dagger (1d4 slashing)
On a successful hit, in addition to the 1d4 bludgeoning from the punch, the wielder may also trigger the spring to launch at the target, dealing an extra 1d4 damage. The wielder must pull back the springs in order to deal this additional damage again. The gauntlets may be enchanted separately between the Steel Knuckles and the Spring-Loaded weapon.

Battle Ladder
1d6 piercing polearm
This 10ft. long steel pole has several spokes and grooves along its rod and a conical spike at its base to allow a person a foothold and climb over walls.

Pretty cool bruh

What's people's takes on modern weapons?

I'm currently working on weapons for my techspansion.

Anyone got suggestions? Doing melee weapons right now.

Battle Ladder is literally already a thing dude.

Technology tends to replace or supplant 'magic' in terms of weapon abilities.

Remote-Control boomerangs, Self-Destruct throwing daggers, Laser Swords, Gravity-field hammers, Dark-matter whips, Taser Tonfas etc.

>Battle Ladder

Alright, see, #1 and #2 would be dismissed as weebshit in my group but that is incredible. Can't believe I haven't seen anything like this before now.

The gnomish battle ladder is only 4 feet tall user.
>Gnomes use these narrow, reinforced 4-foot ladders as weapons.

>Alchemist Cannister Gun
>weeb

Its pretty steampunk, user. In fact, its early era steampunk.

>Alchemist Canister Gun
>Alchemist Fire, Liquid Ice or Acid.

>mfw you could go Captain Cold or Heatwave
R.I.P Snart, you glorious fucking bastard

I want see musical instrument weapon hybrids ao bards aren't stuck with perform(dance/oratory/sing) ect. I want to play music on the battle field.

>Have you ever wielded, homebrewed, or seen an odd weapon, /pfg/?

SPEAR DRILLS

Stat them, /pfg/

didn't we have an user put up some complexity weapons or something that could do weird shit like this?

Drills, I got already!

They're Destruction weapons, and thus ignore hardness less than their own. Even Adamantine weapons benefit from this, since the amount Adamant weapons ignore doesn't improve, whereas Destruction weapons do.

Destruction is also going to be a thing you can apply to other weapons via Refinement, so you can have a Destruction spear.

That would be DrowAnon's Forgeworks. It got sort of adopted into Steelforge, and is the system going through revisions right now. I'm going to keep mine much more simple.

What's the actual limit on Marvelous Pigment?

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/marvelous-pigments

From RAW, it seems like I can create 1,000 pots of Insanity Mist, since each pot doesn't exceed 2,000gp limit and it would only take a few inches of pigment for each drawing.

Archer got it right with drill arrows. Instead of mechanical shit, let acceleration and spinning momentum keep it in motion

The total can't exceed 2000, not per.

Where does it say total not per?

By "ignore hardness", do you mean they do full damage to objects with

Currently, fully affected by hardness above X.

>Tfw too poor to afford a Pathfinder membership
>Nothing shared from the troves since April
>Tfw i'll have to rely on the PFSRD from now on

>Alchemist Canister Gun
>Misfire chance of 1 (has a chance of splashing the contents all over you instead)
Fill it full of cream and you have a Splurge Gun? Is that you, Dandy Dan?

The troves are dead, user. Volcanohound disappeared without a word. QANON's gone silent. I don't know what's happened, but it can't be good.

>QANON's gone silent

U wot.

This argument has been ongoing for more than a decade, now, and neither Wizards nor Paizo has ever deigned to offer a ruling. The RAW could go either way, and the RAI is unknown.

However, the vast majority consensus has long been that the 2,000gp limit is a total per pot, not total per item.

Even if you're going strictly by RAW, I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue that a poison costing 1500 gp per dose does not count as "object of value".

And this is why 5e set a hard limit of 25g per item.

Hi Veeky Forums, what do you think are the top 5 waifus/hasubandos Paizo ever made?

2,000 is enough to create and fully furnish a house (using downtime rule) right?

I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue that a fully-furnished house does not count as "object of value".

No, I'm kidding. Yeah, you could, probably, but remember that it only does 100 square feet. That's a 10x10 room, man.

One of the members in my team has an artifact shaped like some kind of meat hook / spear attached to a chain.

It grows as he kills people, consuming their souls to customize itself to his needs. He throws it at people to drag them to him.

I don't know all of its abilities, but I know he can do stuff like cast chaos hammer as he attacks sometimes.

In my 1pp only, i wanna make the BBEG and his lieutenants be able to use 3pp manuveurs, to add a layer of "mystic and foreign power" to them.
Dick move y/n?

I'm currently running Crimson Throne with all NPC's more relevant than run-of-the-mill mooks having PoW maneuvers.
Works fine, though two of my players are initiators themselves (a Steelfist Commando Warlord and a Hidden Blade Rogue).

Not a dick move if you allow your players to use them afterwards (and rebuild their characters as needed).

It's a dick move unless you let your players rebuild their characters into PoW-enabled ones afterwards.

How many gp does it take to feed 600 people for a month (the town was devastated by Bard's player action)?

Wandermeal Ration for 600 people = 6gp per day. I just need to feed them normal meal (60gp) once every 7 day?

That would be 102gp per week or ~408gp per month?

3.5 but this is the only place i can come for quick help.

Don't exactly understand how this save or attack of opportunity works

Engulf(EX): A bone ooze can simply bowl over Huge or
smaller creatures as a standard action. This attack affects as
many opponents as the creature’s body can cover. Each
target can make either an attack of opportunity against the
bone ooze or a Reflex save (DC 35) to avoid being engulfed.

I assume it means if you make an attack of opportunity you will get engulfed. You have to save or get engulfed am I correct? Or is it that if they hite with an attack they don't get engulfed?

Because the creature has 1 AC.

Rations are a thing, fresh meals another. Also, where do you plan to find 600 rations each day?

Does the warlock archetype for the vigilante seem like it might be an interesting jumping off point for an arcane trickster or no?

Well, here's to hoping that Starfinder has a abstract wealth system like d20 modern.

Is the Robe of Needles any good?
Is there any way of making the Robe of Needles good?

The ooze sits there.

When the ooze uses a standard action to attempt to Engulf people, the target(s) make a choice.

You either make an AoO at it, in an attempt to kill it before it engulfs you, but being engulfed if it lives after you all hit it.

Or you attempt to make a save, and avoid being eaten at all, but don't get to attempt to kill it at that particular moment.

I'm playing a master of many forms and I am going to turn into this thing. hohoho i'm going to have some fun

Alright, but why? Unless your engulf is debilitating as fuck, or you've got a way to boost AC through the roof/boost the save DC, that doesn't seem super useful.

Gonna be using a monk's belt and will eventually dip into Fist of the forest for con to ac at 21.

Oh and it does 1d6 con, str, and dex damage no save if it hits with its slam attack... oh and those engulfed automatically get hit with my slam attack

Razor from Steelforge is the best weapon waifu.
>It's not like I WANTED to resurrect you, d-d-d-dummy!
>Y-y-you just came back on your own!

You're still going to need a way to meet the 2d6 sneak attack requirement, but that's not hard with the usual 1 level of snakebite striker brawler + accomplished sneak attacker feat.

>Paizo product
>Anything good
Pick one, user.

DID SOMEBODY SAY DRILLS??!?!?!?!!!

Personally I reskin scizores for their stats. I made a silly build that maximized drill size for maximum vital strike damage once.

Which discipline is recommended for whips?

>Something something BDSM joke

I'm in a kingmaker campaign and my party kinda needs a rogue. I'm in the middle of character creation and can still make a stalker but right now im at warder. I'm going to eventually fill the spymaster role which warder can do. Do i change to stalker or stick with warder?

Well, as far as discipline weapons you're a bit out of luck. Flails (which whips are part of) get Sleeping Goddess, Black Seraph, and Fool's Errand. Which is kind of an odd thematic bunch.

As far as general function goes, most disciplines are honestly very weapon independent, which is one of the major upsides to PoW imo. You base damage doesn't matter nearly as much when you're adding a fistful of d6s onto the end of it.

Thematically, Eternal Guardian/Black Seraph with an intimidate build is actually quite nice for whips, and Guardian has some fun synergy if you mix in the whip feat chain to threaten the whole area.

Stalker's obviously going to be a better rogue, but you could still do alright with a warder (and a dervish defender warder definitely has a nice quasi-roguish feel to it).

How would I play a Blademaster from Warcraft 3 using Path of War? They can split themselves into several illusory images, they can turn invisible, and they can spin around dealing damage to all nearby enemies. They also get the ability to get critical hits, but everyone in Pathfinder can do that.

What is a magus for 120?

Veiled Moon and Shattered Mirror net you invis and mirror image. The spin would probably be a whirlwind attack style maneuver, but I forget which discs have them. I think Mithral Current has one.

Alright so! I need Detect Magic (and hopefully Read Magic too), but my trait slots are precious, so I'm looking for ways to get it at-will that don't cost an exorbitant price; preferably not more than about a thousand gold? I'm not sure if "item of at-will cantrip" works out to 500gp or 1,000gp, or if my math is, in fact, just entirely off base. So far, I've got:

Cloak of the Hedge Wizard (divination variant), 2,500gp: Does what I want, also gives me Prestidigitation at-will, and Detect Secret Doors and True Strike 1/day, none of that's useless.

All-Seeing Armour, 5,570gp: +1 chain shirt that gives me Detect Magic and Read Magic at-will, which is another thing I wanted access to, so that's neat, and also comprehend languages 1/day, which is situational, but not awful. It's so expensive, though..

Lantern of Auras, 2,000gp: A lantern I can point at objects, and everyone can see their auras. The rest of my party doesn't have Detect Magic either, so letting everyone see is a neat idea. Doesn't seem to have a limit on its use, so that's cool. Possibly my best option? I might want to pay the extra 500 for the cloak, to get the extra spells..

Discerning Wayfinder, 500gp + 5 PP (I do not know what PP is!): This is from some PFS book, it's a Wayfinder that can cast Detect Magic instead of Light, and it's my cheapest option, I THINK??? but I literally have no idea how to acquire it. What ARE PP?

Have I missed anything? Does user have any suggestions?

PP are Prestige Points, aka something that only exists in PFS.IIRC, each PP is generally valued at something like 500gp (wand of CLW was 2 PP)

As far as the custom items, im pretty sure it is 500gp for an at-will 0

500 if you craft it, 1k if you buy it, that is

Problem with the Cloak is that unless you're running ABP you probably really want either a cloak of resistane or displacement in that slot.

Lantern of Auras is your best bet since it's slotless.

Literally Orc Brutal Slayer Bushi

Because grappling a ton of enemies with a single standard action is worth the damage? I can definitely see it, especially for enemies with poor single attacks.

Which maneuvers specifically?

Mirror of the Moon is the EASIEST, though it only lasts 1 round.

I haven't been on these threads for like, a year or half of a year

Can someone give me a quick rundown of what's been going on since then? Is Gareth or titty monster elf guy still here?

I'm taking a break from my official duties, but I'm still here. My son's visiting, so if you need me specifically you'll have to wait a few weeks.

Yes, Gareth and the DSP crew are still here.

Yes, Elsbeth's (the name of the Titty Monster Eld) player is still here, though the campaign with Elsbeth just recently ended.

Is it just me, or did they remove the Harbinger's ability to get full INT to attack rolls?

So, /pfg/, give some advice on what I should make this homebrew idea into:

A martial whose main techniques involve transforming the battlefield, altering the terrain, and being able to create a number of temporary structures that help your allies and hinder your enemies.
Stuff like countering an attack by suddenly creating a wall between you and your opponent that will remain for the next few turns, a stationary lamp that negates all miss chances vs targets within 10ft, linked teleport gates anyone can use or shoot through, a flight speed by creating stairs in the air that other creatures can also walk on behind you, etc.

Should this be a martial discipline, developed by the descendants of the gods and beings who shaped the world, and available to Mystics, Zealots, and any initiator through trait/tradition?
Or a heavy soulknife archetype, with the fluff that their sword is a manifestation of their personal world, and they do this stuff by cutting away the real world with their mindblade and filling in the gaps with their personal world?

Or since I can think of some ways they could be pretty distinct from each other, should I just do both?

>Is it just me, or did they remove the Harbinger's ability to get full INT to attack rolls?

They did. Half INT to attack only, and at level 10 full INT to damage.

Anybody mind actually tossing an opinion on this for potential changes to the Warlock? I know, "just use this other thing" was /pfg/'s answer, but my group is more likely to let me homebrew a "fix" for a 1pp class than try to introduce an entire 3pp subsystem that will supposedly do it better.
Please don't use this as another excuse to start another argument something tangentially related.

Things to tack on to the last post that I forgot about:
>for a full-round charged attack, add any penalties you would normally take on your iteratives to it (IE: TWF and Rapid Shot netting you 3 iteratives would net you a total -6 penalty on a charged shot)
>a potential mid-level social talent to let you get the benefits of doubletime with magic item crafting feats
>it is possible to craft magic items (gloves, special spellbooks) to provide small bonuses (+attack rolls, reduced charge penalty, bonus range, etc)

oh, now you're making me open my PDFs
Shattered Mirror level 3 Stance, Infinity Mirror Reflection gets you Mirror Image
Moon level 2 counter Half Gone let you Stealth vs attack roll to become Incorporeal
Ethereal Reminiscence (Moon 4) lets you become incorporeal for a round
Whirlpool Strike (Current 5) lets you hit all adjacent enemies for +3d6 damage. If you draw your weapon as part of the strike, it's all in reach, not just adjacent.

Gareth's around, but hanging with his kid for the time being. Forrest has kind of taken over for him while he's on vacation.

I'm pretty sure "titty monster elf guy" means elsbeth and co. In which case, yeah. And you missed lewds.

Elsbeths campaign isn't over.

T. anonymous

I'm forgetting, can kineticists take magic item creation feats? Trying to make a Gelatinous Cube/Avant Guard Kineticist/Gravity Slime Master and I just noticed GSM requires CWI

Thank you user. I love you.

I'm one of those weirdos who really enjoys making characters from games. Illusions, invisibility, and spin attacks are surprisingly common to need to replicate.

Oh, and for your crits, you can use pretty much any damaging strike. Crits in PF are a lot more swingy than in WC3

I like the idea of a charging mechanic, but that implementation is just shit.

From what I remember from Fire Emblem(it's been years since I played it) fixing the kineticist might be fitting.

What PoW discipline is good for debuffing and crowd control?

Cursed Razor is your Debuff Discipline. Has some control built in (curses for days!).

Cursed Razor for debuff and Eternal Guardian for area control. Bonus points for curse synergy

Add Black Seraph to these too. Black Seraph's Glare+Circle of Razor feathers is one of the nastiest debuff comboes at level 7 and stays so until later levels.

>Someone actually comments on the mechanics posted
I actually didn't expect this. Thanks.

As for the charging being shit, I figured as much, but just wasn't sure where to go without going overboard. The two big problems were that resistance absolutely dicks on you and that they get nonexistant scaling. Forcing you to specialize in an element to get resistance-piercing makes sense, but rest still has me a bit stumped.

On the kineticist, all the >burn memes have killed any interest in trying to salvage it.

Would you say they

burned you out

>On the kineticist, all the >burn memes have killed any interest in trying to salvage it.
luckily there's plenty of other autists who are willing to try

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RnvxfcyHuFN86Sj4dNn6SsX_8RxEuOMNS8JuY8OJZ3Y/edit?usp=sharing

I just can't gather enough power to convince my group that burn is a shit mechanic.

I'll take a look when I get a chance, might be nice.

The other reason for not just adjusting the kineticist is that I like 2/3rd casters, and unironically like the vigilante part of the warlock archetype.

Game ain't ded mane. Another game I was in died out, but the Mythic game is still chugging along.

Oh, I thought it had come to a conclusion.

Carry on then!

Just imagine how comfortable it'd be to cuddle Elsbeth. She even comes equipped with pillows.

Yeah, I love everything about the tsundere sword. Shame it wasn't in the first Steelforge.

If 3PP is allowed then they have a talent for that.

>hoping that Starfinder has a wealth system that's NP-hard

pls no.

A BETTER abstract system would be nice

What do you guys think of expanded metakinesis (disruptive), I think it's nice but not worth a feat.

The hamaxe. I found it weird that a world with skeletons and zombies wouldn't have a weapon that's effective against both, so I created a weapon that's a hammer on one side and an axe on the other. For all your skelly bashing, zombie slashing needs.

How would you explain the origins of a Dire Flesh Golem?

A +1 adamantine fireplace poker. She stole it from her dorm at the wizard college.

I want to use it with Avant Guard to be the ultimate mage bullier.

>Hit them with a disruptive standpunch, teleport your stand in right next to them, and give it Reach with the Advanced Constructs feat
>They can't 5ft step out of its reach
>If they were planning to cast anything they now have to make double concentration checks or fail
>Repeat for the whole battle

The End Times come upon us.

We have but one recourse.

I BELIEVE IN QANON'S RETURN.

MAYHAPS WE CAN SUMMON OUR PRINCESS BY SPEAKING AS SHE DOES.