Renaming Kobolds

So I love these little buggers, but these aren't even close to Kobolds anymore.
Kobolds are little spirits/sprites that haunt and tend to houses and ships and caves, when they're in a good mood, and play tricks on people they deem rude or unfavorable.

So, if you had to give a name to, for my purposes,
> A small reptilian race who believe themselves to be the descendants of, and hence worship, ancient dragons as gods.
-but it isn't in D&D or any of D&D's standard settings.
What would you name it?

Dacarn?
Trahkin?
Dragokin?
Kleidrac?
Dreki?
Luzzdroc?
Drekuri?

Garbage.

>What would you name it?

Threetard.

Dragonling. Proper nouns are bad for a generic system. A given setting can call them whatever they want, but the system document should be relatively generic.

That and sticking -kin on the end of stuff is liable to attract fur fags

This for the reasons stated, and because OP's names were fucking AWFUL.

-folk seems to be the more generic version. Lizardfolk. You could probably have Dragonfolk, although I'd expect them to be bigger. -ling implies a diminutive version of whatever you're describing, which works well when Dragon is typically an important thing.

Side point: any settings where dragons aren't really a big deal? Other than Discworld (and even then, not really, because swamp dragons are introduced in the book about the proper dragon).

cobord

Quit being so damn autistic and call them kobold ya dingus.

Dragonlings and drahalflings

Call them whatever you want.

Don't try to enforce it in other peoples games.
this is the golden rule of roleplaying etiquette.

Personally though, I think its as pretentious as calling magic magyck.

Furbait
Furwank
Scalesluts

Drakelings might sit better on tongue than dragonlings.

We called them Ardlins. They were a new race created by the god of resolve (and procrastination). They come in 12 variants and were adopted by wealthy families all over because they were new, adorable and seemingly harmless pets. Generations later, many have taken over those wealthy once human families and making their mark on the world.

They've been sneaky bastards ever since BD&D. If I can have my crafty, trap-making asshole kobolds, I don't care what they worship.

Goblizard

Elves no longer meet original descriptions. Neither do fairies, dragons, demons, angels, wizards, etc.

>What would you name it?
Hot as fuck

Skaven

Best one so far

>What would you name it?
Kobolds.

Words and interpretations change with time. Elves, orcs, gnomes, etc, most of the common fantasy creatures have heavily deviated from the original folklore interpretations. And that's okay. Language and culture change. No need to be autistic about that.

Dragonborn

>but these aren't even close to Kobolds anymore.
True as fuck, they're just tiny lizardmen. Who came up with retarded idea of calling little lizards kobolds?

6 sorry man the name doesn't mean the same thing anymore

Reptilian kobolds are basically lizardmen halflings. So, logically, if men have hobbits, lizardmen have lizardhobbits.

Fuzzy doglike kobolds are gnoll halflings.

Lizardlings?

We just need to figure out what the lizardmen equivalent of elves and dwarves are, and we can have the Lizord of the Rings.

So I love this big fella, but he isn't even close to Bahamut anymore.
Bahamut is a giant fish/elephant-headed fish that swims through space supporting the a massive bull upon it's back, which is carrying a large mountain where an angel perches holding aloft the earth.

So, If you had to give a name to, for my purposes,
>A massive platinum scaled dragon god whom all good dragons are descenddents of, and hence worshipped by?
-but it isn't in D&D or any of D&D's standard settings.
What would you name it?

King Drag?
Dragolord?
Shawn Con'airy?
Big D?
Lord of D?

Someone with good taste.

The funny thing about "Kobold" in a D&D context is that it isn't strictly a species name; there are reptilian, goblinoid (sprite), and rodent-type bolds', and they all share the name due to possessing a similar culture.

Well it started out as lizarddograts, but then the civilized parts of the world each, 'murrica, nipon and yurop took one and discarded the rest.

Kurtulmaks

fukpockets

At least in my country, everyone knows what the folklore original Kobold is. When you say Kobold, most people will have an image of Pumuckl in their head. Many would also know the Klabautermann or the Heinzelmännchen as different kinds of Kobold, so in German, using Kobold for Lizardfolks is really unintuitive

The fae have enough fucking names. Just call "real kobolds" brownies or something.

>King Drag?
How about The King In Drag? You could even make him a lovecraftian entity too if you wanted.

well, in terms of physiology they would be salamanders yes I know those are amphibians but they're fucking noodle lizards and Iguanas. Komodo Dragons would be similar to Orcs.

Dragonlets. Like 'Manlets', but for scaly firebreathing alligators with wings.

You joke but I made Bahamut a world eater. He would consume worlds judged too wicked to be saved, called forth by his heralds.