MtG is unbalanced

MtG is unbalanced.

>posts decent, but not unfair, zombies from a single block
>one line of text as OP
I'm not saying it's bait, but, well, pic related.

srsly nigga?

>The Drawback Trio

Nigga wat are you talking about unbalanced?

OP makes shit MtG threads.

Actually, if you look at the game as a whole and taking everything into account, from an objective point of view, it isn't. And balance doesn't matter. I can understand if a lot of people aren't capable of seeing this, though. It's not your fault.

okay

Agreed.

Since This thread is shit I suggest a change in topic:
How do you sell MTG cards?
Where to buy MTG cards?
How often do you sell/buy/trade in person?
What are prices like selling or buying from a shop in person?
Full-art lands, are they worth it?

Can you please stop making this thread?

Kill yourself retard.

But they already balanced the game

>lgs
>lgs
>when i need other cards
>shop buys for 70% the price
>im a pauper only player, im poor, all my lands are zendikar full arts, unghined are cool af tho

>EBay if I pull something good.
>Amazon
>Only trade stuff of equal emotional and physical value in person with friends
>Prices are usually %30 less than the lowest price on TCG player, better to sell to a person.
>Full-art lands are absolutely worth it. Even at ยข50 per land from a shop you'll only spend a absolute maximum of $50 for 20 of each basic, assuming you have 0 full-art lands already.

good luck stopping that shit in standard

Holy shit, you guys get 70% back on your cards? I feel really fucking jewed right now, my LGS only gives 40% in store credit or 25% in cash.

If you spend money there regularly, they are screwing you. Do you know if other customers get better deals?

>covers up the side of the card with the mana cost and stats on it

Your store is a filthy Jew. Go somewhere else to sell your cards and gladly inform your store that you found someone else who will buy it for over %60 of its value.

>Since This thread is shit I suggest a change in topic:
>How do you sell MTG cards?
eBay, though Facebook is often better because no fees. eBay if you want to sell fast

>Where to buy MTG cards?
Generally TCGplayer has the lowest prices

>How often do you sell/buy/trade in person?
Once a week

>What are prices like selling or buying from a shop in person?
Much higher than they should be

>Full-art lands, are they worth it?
The Unhinged ones? Yes, very much so. The BFZ ones are too played out

>if this card never existed it would come out as a Common today

Maybe not Common but definitely Uncommon.

Still can't beat Great Sable Stag

>The Unhinged ones? Yes, very much so. The BFZ ones are too played out
>The BFZ ones are too played out
Niggah. Just because it's more expensive doesn't mean it's worth it.
Though I will admit that even though unhinged was a joke set it had the best full-art lands to-date

It's the same deal for everyone, but I'm definitely never selling them anything again. I'm just so upset because they were the only place that would take the Tarmogoyf I unpacked myself a few months ago. No one else would take it since I live in a poor shithole of a town, should have just tried to sell it in eBay. That's about forty bucks I missed out on. Forty bucks that could have been spent on anything, not more cards!

magiccardmarket.eu Buying and selling from other players without middlemen skimming off the top is great. I don't know how useful it is outside of europe though.
Where to buy MTG cards?
See above.
Not all that often, most of the cards I own see pretty frequent use so I'd rather keep them around.
I don't have any nearby shops that deal in singles.
To me? Not really. I don't have enough emotional attachment to any decks to want to spend any extra money pimping them yet. I can see nic fit heading that way soon though.

If it was 2/2 it would be uncommon but it's 2/1 for 2

We already have a 1/1 hexproof only blocksble by flying for 1G at common. Making it a 2/1 for 1G with hexproof is fine since it's going to die to any blocker regardless.

>ebay
>amazon
>about every 2 weeks
>you will pay about market price for cards, they will buy your cards for half of what they are worth.
>no, you can get foil half art lands for around the same price. even older lands from sets like ice age or mirage look better. find the lands that you like best and get them.

The Mong has Shroud, not even Hexproof.
Him not being counterable is not something great either; who the fuck would want to counter him?

I used to play this shit, along with Loltroll, Slitherhead and Dreg Mangler.

Ghoulcaller's Chant was awesome, I remember using the Troll turn three to dump two Slitherhead in the graveyard, returning them with the Chant, dumping them again, then scavenging them and rocking in with an 8/7 trample and still going mana open. Oh yes, and there was Abrupt Decay.

Amazingly by today's standards this wasn't even an especially strong deck, red aggro and control were still bigger. We don't even have a decent one drop zombie in standard at the moment.

Vampire deck were fun even if not especially high tier, as Vampire Nighthawk and Vampire Nocturnus were reprinted in the core set.

I miss those days.

Ah, I've just remembered why blue was so strong: Delver, Invisible Stalker and Geist of St Traft. Yup, current Innistrad s not what the original was, it's fun but they could have been bolder, mechanics like madness aren't that much fun

>Modern cards
>"good luck stopping that shit in standard"
>Ignores all the answers that existed for those cards in their own standard, like Grafdigger's Cage.
Good luck dealing with pic related in standard

>Good luck dealing with Mother of Runes in any format

She's ridiculously hard to kill in Legacy much less Standard, but at least Standard has a decent amount of sweepers to get around Protection.

Flaying tendrils, biting rain, etc.

People didn't play Grafdigger's Cage much. Rest in Peace though absolutely destroyed graveyard based decks because even when you destroyed the enchantment the damage was done and your graveyard was gone. How I despised that card.

That's what you get for playing such a shit archetype.

>Niggah. Just because it's more expensive doesn't mean it's worth it.

I'm a sucker for John Avon and Rob Alexander land art so I always roll with Unhinged Basics and original Rav shocks. Working on getting the Onslaught fetches as well.

I wish that MaRo knew that the only reason anybody bought the joke sets was because of the badass lands, it would help him in trying to get another set done

>remember that entire previous block that was built around graveyard synergies? Fuck it. Fuck it with a 10 foot rusty rake.
I am STILL mad that shitfest of a card exists.

geralf's messenger is pretty BS

>47524811

I would either dump them at a tournament or to my LGS or eBay

>Where to buy MTG cards?
magiccardmarket, ebay, tcgplayer, vendors at tournaments, LGS

Most of the time, I very rarelybuy or sell online.

The grand nagus would be proud.

Define worth, they look cool and the BfZ ones are dirt cheap. Personally I rock Euro lands but I happened to have those sitting around anyway.

It makes sense in the lore and makes sense that white would have one card that fucks up re-animating things that are in the graveyard.

Zombietron assemble

Reminder that the last "new" card that had protection from anything was in Dragons of Tarkir

It also makes perfect sense that red could have a card that 'boils' all islands in play, yet for some reason they aren't really printing that kind of card anymore. Having a single card so efficiently and completely shut off an entire archetype of deck is not good for the game, as it turns matches into a 'did I draw that one sideboard card' race, instead of actual interaction and game progression.

Printing it immediately after a set about the graveyard was just an extra helping of fuck you.

Eldrazi don't do protection (Emrakul excepted who didn't make an appearance) and are difficult to protect against. Innistrad, lacking Avacyn, is meant to have a theme of vulnerability.
So what's left between then and now is Origins, which was a weird, incoherent block.

Then splash for green or counterspell that bitch. How's that for "interaction"?

>It also makes perfect sense that red could have a card that 'boils' all islands in play, yet for some reason they aren't really printing that kind of card anymore
That's because that card fucks over everyone that plays blue or splashes into blue. Rest in Peace only fucks over a very specific archetype that's played by only a few people.

Not really, it screws up all zombie decks and all those using flashback, which was a hell of a lot of decks given that's what Innistad mostly was. Meanwhile white decks still tended to be doing the Thragtusk/Restoration Angel thing which got really dull after a year.

>Counterspell a 2 mana spell

We Legacy now

Also the primary issue with the card is that it also exiles everything that was already in a graveyard. It's extremely efficient for what it does.

Tormoid's crypt is a 0 drop that exiles everything in your graveyard and yet that isn't overpowered. Also, it's a completely useless card if less than half of your current group's meta uses flashback or zombies.

Stating the obvious.

Tormod's Crypt can also only be used once, on a single player. It's nowhere near as format warping as Rest in Peace which lasts the entire game.

>use all these in multiples in a zombie deck
>zombies is still one of my weaker decks

How do I report a thread?

>good luck stopping mother of runes in standard
>Languish, the format

>not bolting their goyf then plowing their mom

yeah seems like they are jewing you extremely hard

An less than perfectly balanced CCG?
Shocking.
Ahahahahah

Geralf's Messenger is the only thing there that's really awful. Gravecrawler is annoying, but it's not exactly game breaking.

This motherfucker, though.
>Takes 6 cards before you can even cast them for 1 and 2 mana.
That's pretty annoying.