The Official MTG Snowstorm Thread

Welcome to the flake thread!

Previously:
There's a new flake plane. Avacyn's death was dumb and sad. She's the hero we want, but not the one we need right now. Innistrad vampires are retarded. New flakes. Memery.

Previous thread:I'm going to respectfully ask that we avoid calling anyone who criticizes our flakes Chillbrass. I'm also going to respectfully ask that we avoid criticizing lore-breaking flakes for more than 10 posts. I'm all for creativity, but generally these posts just tend to repeat the same arguments again and again and shit up the thread. Some shitposting is to be expected. But too much makes the thread not worth it. So let's all work together to make the flake thread better.

Writefagging last time:

Nishal gets and assignment from Belloski. Del's included: Gaia's story finally ends and Belagir's begins: Anna gets screwed over by Belloski...again: Rhaeshilér and planar shenanigans: REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come.
>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/something-twisted-way-comes-2016-05-30
thaldir.deviantart.com/art/Avacyn-Trilogy-The-Creation-606624164
publicrecords.directory/profiles/douglas-beyer.2119440.html
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxaUViM3JFQ2Fab1k&usp=drive_web&tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OI, CUNTS.

Wizards made an article today pointing out all the connections between SOI art and the Eldrazi. Unless it's a giant bait and switch, they've pretty much confirmed that Emmanuel is the big bad of SOI.

Hey Snow user, just wanted to say the Anna and Symon again in the throne room has been scrapped and is slowly being replaced by the story from the last thread.
just putting that out there
proof please

if wotc is posting a thing ABOUT it and not outright SAYING it, considering one of the biggest tropes in mystery (which is what this set is meant to convey) is the bait and switch. So I'm pretty set on it being b+s and not two blocks in a row of eldrazi bullshit.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/something-twisted-way-comes-2016-05-30
You have google, too, y'know.

It's not outright saying it, but I personally doubt they'd go through the effort of making the art Eldrazi-themed, then make the plot involve people who sealed them away, etc, etc. just for it to be a bait and switch.

I know. I'm just super salty about the eldrazi, because as much as they tried to be all "inspired by HP Lovecraft! So spoopy! Look, we did the tentacle thing and everything!" it just. Didn't. Do the HP Lovecraft thing. It felt way more like War of the Worlds than ANYTHING Lovecraft, and the fact that they're gonna ruin (imo) the plane that would best do HP Lovecraft by adding in their stupid eldrazi to it right after we left the plane that by and large proved that people don't really want that many eldrazi things running around feels like a major copout on what could have been a genuinely awesome reintroduction of Lovecraftian horror done right the first time - Marit Lage, the proto-eldrazi that actually had a Lovecraftian feel to it.

Emrakul has been hinted at being the bbeg the entire set. Just look at the Clue Tokens.

and it was posted by someone who isn't in creative or a full time employee of wizards.
So this is probably just to build hype instead "Emrakul confirmed."
What would be nice is if they did this for every one of the theories that are floating about the internet.

If you arrange things in a certain way, they'll say what you want omgwtfbbq!!!!?????

The Eldrazi are less of actually based off of HP Lovecraft, more so what people who haven't read HP Lovecraft think what HP Lovecraft is.

Except they are the east words of Ugin when speaking about the Eldrazi.

Learn to lore. o__o

He told us not to forget this.

And the clues made us remember this.

and arranged in an order so it matches up

It also kinda feels like it's not really a mystery if basically everyone's first guess was "oh, it's Emrakul."

And kinda undermines the Gatewatch's thing of "Where in the Multiverse is Emrakul Sandiego" if the answer is "literally the very first place you look."

Ok so
is actually from deviantart
thaldir.deviantart.com/art/Avacyn-Trilogy-The-Creation-606624164
so it doesn't spoil anything.

Way to kill their hopes, user. o__o

You definitely aren't the angel of hope.

Avacyn wouldn't want us to rest on false hopes
it's time we moved on and recognized that Tamtam is the best girl.

OK GUYS.

THe Repo has been updated. Check to make sure all of your stuff is there.

Also, an important update.

I've added three new folders to the Repo.

One is for the character description pdfs, one is for flake planes, and one contains a copy of all blank flake templates. Let me know if there's anything else I should add.

>that is all.

Pffsh. Watch Gisela take Avacyn's spot.

Gisela and Bruna will be purged off-screen, with Sigarda taking over.

Pffsh. Sigarda' snes card is weak. She won't take the limelight.

Better her than Sigarda.

If something happens to either of them on top of Avacyn being dead I'll fucking kill someone I swear.

I will continue to have faith she'll return, maybe not this block but in the future, no other outcome will satisfy me. I am still super in denial.

Anyway, I need a nap. I've got Dark Heresy at 1am, hopefully I'll be more productive tomorrow.

>I'll fucking kill someone I swear.
Aim for Doug. This plot is his baby.

It is? Do you know where he lives? I have a... critique for him.

publicrecords.directory/profiles/douglas-beyer.2119440.html
One of those has to be him.

yeah keep at it virgins, be super angry cause your waifu died.

Anyway, how do you know this plot is on him? Avacyn goes mad then gets killed by daddy seems like the kind of dumb decision done by a committee.

Not even into girls, friendo.

>This user likes a character
>Character is a hot chick
>MUST BE WAIFUING
Niggah wat

At least your angelfu got three cards, one of which is downright retarded, as well as a proper sendoff.

Mine met the fate of people that Stalin didn't like.

I hate nu!Boros.

Wait, which one?

I'd assume Feather.

Which is still super-bullshit, because everyone wanted Feather to get a card in RTR and instead we got fucking Aurelia.

And I am kinda annoyed that Crazy!Avacyn in A Gaze Blank And Pitiless still sounds only MARGINALLY worse than Aurelia does when completely lucid, but there's no indication anyone's even thinking about taking Aurelia out of power.

Aurelia would be my guess.

You're correct, it's Feather.

The thing that I like/don't like about Aurelia is that it shows that angels on Ravnica aren't exactly automatons, since they can have distinct personalities and character flaws. It just so happens that Aurelia is a holier-than-thou cunt who doesn't actually have any moral high ground to stand on.

At least she's hot, tho.

Feather is by definition hotter.

True. But such is life. We're not allowed to have good angels. They only die.

At least Reya is probably still alive.

I meant Razia. Not Aurelia. My bad. >__>

What confuses me is why we didn't get a Feather card as like, the Guild Champion or something. In the original Ravnica, Jarad fell by the wayside because there were three significant Golgari characters. Savra won out on account of being a villain, and you couldn't just not make the Golgari legendary the leaders, so the Sisters of Stone Death got in. Feather got the same deal, with Agrus Kos being the main character and Razia being the Parun and guild leader.

Now, that block did do stupid shit in reverse, like having fucking nobodies like Tibor and Lumia, Circu, and Tolsimir Wolfblood in instead of the Izzet characters that actually made it into the stories.

When they made RTR and Jarad got in, I was happy to see that since the dude needed representation. Feather should have gotten in as well, but no, and that's the problem. They also had a second chance by making the R/W alternate commander Feather in the 2015 EDH decks, but again, they blew it with a nobody called Anya. Then again, they couldn't even make Anya useful, so I think we dodged a bullet there.

I do find it funny that Orzhov has nothing to offer in terms of new characters, so we just got Teysa and the Ghost Council again.

I was legit disappointed that Aurelia suddenly existed, when it was implied that we had no more angels other than Feather.

Don't worry anons, I don't have to fight anymore.

Stop, I've already cried once today.

>Dare you fight against my angel deck?

I want to actually do this one day, go to a GP or something as Avacyn, if only I wasn't so poor.

I want this to be the last thing Nahiri sees.

>Fight with Sorin comes to an end.
>Sorin is almost defeated, exhausted and fallen to his knees
>Nahiri raises her sword for the finishing blow
>Sorin gapes at something behind Nahiri
>She hears a strange noise, like 10,000 angry cicadas
>There is a strange pressure in the air
>She turns around
>She doesn't even have enough time to scream before her heart is torn out of her chest

I'm currently in the process of building a W/R Angel deck staring these two lovelies.

Look at that.

Avacyn is a 4/4

Nahiri has 4 LC.

I hope Avacyn tanks Nahiri.

That picture makes me feel slightly ill. Idk, seeing Avacyn like that just turns my stomach, it's the main reason I can't stand to see Descend Upon the Sinful, her blissful expression as she basks in the screams of the humans as they're butchered is just... so wrong. It's not Avacyn, not on any level, to see her twisted to be such a being is horrifying in so many ways, regardless of your opinion on her.

If Avacyn comes back during EMN I want a card art depicting her having an epic showdown with Emmy and for that to be the Game Day mat, I might actually try to win this time if it is.

>Nahiri's meddling changes the nature of Innistrad's mana so that not only Demons reincarnate infinitely
>Despite what has happened, thousands of years of protection are not forgotten in an instant, and from the faith of humanity that their savior will not abandon them in their darkest hour, Avacyn is restored as an ideal, not an idol

That would t work though. The moment Nahiri is played, more than likely she'll be 6.

>her blissful expression
It looks more maniacal than blissful.

This to be honest, too many people on Innistrad didn't remember this, they just blindly followed Avacyn even as she did stuff that made no sense based on all the things she's been about for the last 1000 years.

She looks real fucking happy to me, either way it's jarring.

Lookie! I made them kiss!

>regardless of your opinion on her.
I love her. But a part of me wants to channel my rage through her and kill Nahiri for what she's done to Innistrad.

And this pic embodies my rage well.

Maybe when
>I can't stop crying about her death ;___;

>to see her twisted to be such a being is horrifying in so many ways
Imagine how Sorin felt in those first instants after he landed on the Chapel floor from pic related. And then what do you think he thought when she didn't even recognize him.

That's just called watching your favorite character die for shitty reasons and being too into the lore.

>mrw when I see how many of these there are now

I haven't been keeping up since I helped get this thing going again months ago, actually, so I am not sure if someone has done my new idea yet, but I will have a new snowflake done in a few days I hope.

Nahiri deserves nothing else but death. She was dealt a really bad hand and suffered horrifically in the Helvault but what she's done is unforgivable, completely and utterly. For what it's worth, I hope Sorin dies too.

She did recognise him when prompted though, Sorin doesn't deserve my sympathy considering that this is almost entirely his fault. Also that pic makes me laugh every time.

This.

>that pic makes me laugh every time.
That filename, too.

But I do feel bad for Sorin. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for him because he was the first pw I ever pulled. And even if half of this is his fault, he was still a wreck.

>She did recognise him when prompted though
But it took a minute.

That's not even the updated snowsheet. It's not been updated in almost a month. There are about 150+ now.

Here's a list:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxaUViM3JFQ2Fab1k&usp=drive_web&tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

It's okay to let it out user. I just don't want to hurt people anymore.

>"What do you believe in, human?" Ormendahl sneered. "My followers bow before my glory because they recognize my kind are the rightful rulers of this world. Our triumph is carved in its beating heart. You worship a shadow cast on the wall. A false glitter of hope, conjured by a meddler playing at being god. Even when the lie is exposed, you cling to it? Embrace reality. BOW TO ME."
>"Maybe it was all a lie," Thalia said quietly, staring up at the hulking demon. "Avacyn, and hope, and a victory over the darkness–maybe those were all lies we told each other so we could make it through each night. Maybe this bloodshed and madness is the reality. Well, it strikes me as a pretty poor one. And that's a funny thing, when you think about it. We're just fools believing a lie, if you're right. But we believed in it strongly enough to beat your "real" world back, again and again. That's why I'm going to believe. I'll fight for Avacyn even if there is no Avacyn anymore."
>Ormendahl laughed contemptuously, raising a claw to strike Thalia down, but paused as a sound like falling rain split the sky; thousands of voices like chimes, raised in wordless song.
>The cryptoliths bent and then ruptured as one geyser of white light after another shot into the sky, weaving together over the shocked army of cathars.
>As the light began to take shape, Thalia looked the Profane Prince in the eye, and saw he was afraid.

IS this from something?

Thalia's speech is based pretty heavily on a similar one from The Silver Chair, but otherwise, no.

I really really REALLY fucking hope that that's what happens.

Nah, M8. Jace is going to unfuck Nahiri's mind, her and Sorin will hash out th er ir differences, they'll save Innistrad, and then the two of them will join the gatewatch

And then the faith of the people will return Avacyn to life with a pw spark, but it will be apparent to everyone that she can no longer be the guardian of Innistrad. Then she'll join the gatewatch, too.

Hey, I'll admit that I cried all throughout mass effect 3, at the end of Life is Strange, and when Hedwig died but it's been a week or two, move on to other best girls.

No u

Implying she won't be the hero Innistrad deserves, but not the one it needs. The fearful masses will hunt her, but that's ok because she can take it
She will be our silent guardian, our Dark Angel.

Did someone say my name?

>leatherclad Avacyn on a motorcycle patrolling the streets of Innistrad at night, keeping it safe from the demon princes of the dark
I need this

>Avacyn drops in to Goomba stomp cults.
>the lunarch council convinces people she is still mad
>but a group of dedicated Cathars know the truth.

Why do I feel like the moral of MtG for the past several years has been 'oldwalkers are assholes'?

Well they were

That's always been the moral of MtG.

Commodore Guff was a decent fellow, and Freyalise was mostly okay. Everybody else we either don't know enough to make the call or they're confirmed asshat.

I guess Serra was an asshole. o__o

>oh no, there's black mana
>I'm getting triggered
>time to leave and let my realm slowly collapse.

Like non-Akroma-level Angels could fight off the Phyrexians.

Learn the lore fagget, it was a clue that started with Tamiyo's Journal entry number, they were different in each language.

How about you stop being a reddit fuckboy.

Maybe having their creator and master of white mana, Serra, would help.

No. It wouldn't have. The Phyrexians are known to be able to destroy Planeswalkers. Serra was just a single planeswalker. And her Angels were not anything badass.

How many planeswalkers did they destroy before Urza turned on the titans?

>Nahiri mind slaver locks Avacyn and attacks Sorin every turn.

No idea.

Avacyn has enchantments down that are screwing Nahiri's game-plan but Sorin takes her out before Nahiri anyway? Even in this metaphor Sorin's decision is dumb.

If Avacyn is going to kill him if isn't.

The issue there is that Avacyn would never have attacked him if he just left her alone, why does he need Olivia? If it's an army he needs why can't he use Thalia? Thalia isn't that strong and Sorin can mind control planeswalkers nevermind random cathars, if Olivia is going to make unreasonable demands, find another army. Hell, Geralf is viable too, he'd have every reason to help considering Nahiri is working with his sister. Sorin asked the first person he could think of and they asked him to murder his daughter and he didn't even think to try getting other help? Sorin just seems criminally stupid to me, even if he was dead-set on vampires asking the Stromkirks seems like it would have been a better idea too.

>why does he need Olivia?
Because the writers want to create fake drama. Don't ask me otherwise.

>Hi, I'm Olivia, and I'm the most retarded vampire elder left alive.

Aren't the stormkirks fucked over at this point?

By who and when? Avacyn rekt Falkenwrath during SOI apparently but I've heard nothing about the Stromkirks being screwed.

Sorry, got them mixed up

I thought they'd started to go insane with Emmy coming.

I mean, who isn't?

True. You'd think Sorin would've figured it out already.

God, I hate how retarded everyone is being. And the angels got caught in the middle of it all.

If your flake could change one thing about her/him/itself, what would it be?

Spider mom would give herself another set of arms, so she could hold more of her children at once.

Hey, this is a lore thread right?

What can you tell me about the Undercity of Ravnica?