Dragonball Quest #15

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>Information on the MC

pastebin.com/26cbDMzF

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a twelve year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Roshi's Training

>>youtube.com/watch?v=X5B8v1a46lw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=avyDQjG5sAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It fucking BEGINS.

Sup Som?

You run again, but this time aren't able to reach the same level of speed.

"Nine point six seconds," Master Roshi announces. "Now, Tofoo, do you think this means that eight point eight is the fastest you can do?"

"Of course not!" You tell him. "One day, I'll be even faster than you are!"

Master Roshi laughs. "That's the spirit! Now, do you boys understand?"

"Yes, master!" Krillin and Goku say together.

"Good," Master Roshi says. "We'll work on applying this lesson tomorrow morning. Now, you boys have one last test before we go inside for that delicious-smelling supper."

"Are we running again?" Goku asks.

"No, It's a different type of test," Master Roshi tells him, looking around and picking up a stone.

He produces a marker, and writes on the stone, creating a symbol which he shows to you, Goku, and Krillin.

"Take a good look at this stone," he instructs. "Have you memorized it?"

"I think so," Krillin answers.

"Are you going to eat it?" Goku asks.

"What? No, Goku!" Master Roshi snaps.

>A. You have it memorized

>B. Ask why he wants you to memorize it

>C. Ask Goku if he's ever eaten a stone

>D. Something else

Not much, sup?

>>A. You have it memorized

>Sup?

Suffering and memes.

>>B. Ask why he wants you to memorize it

>B. Ask why he wants you to memorize it

But if we have it memorized tell him so.

>A. You have it memorized

You tell Master Roshi you have it memorized, but ask why he wants you to memorize it.

In answer, Master Roshi chucks the stone off a nearby cliff, and down into the forest below. It disappears into the trees somewhere in the distance.

"Oh yeah, still got the old arm," Master Roshi says, chuckling.

"Our test is to throw stones?" Krillin asks.

"Master Roshi, your training is kind of weird," Goku tells the old master, bending down and picking up a stone.

"Throwing stones is not the test here," Master Roshi explains. "The test is to find mine."

"What?" Goku asks.

"You mean the one you just threw?" Krillin asks.

"Anyone can throw a stone," Master Roshi tells you. "Just like anyone can throw a punch. But to find a stone takes focus and perseverance. Only with a focused mind, a calmed spirit, and unbreakable resolve can you truly become great martial artists. These traits are what will separate you from the others. And so, the person who finds it can join me and Launch for dinner. The other two will go hungry. And, if nobody finds it within thirty minutes, nobody gets to eat."

He checks his watch. "Well, hurry up, boys, time's already started."

The three of you turn and run toward the cliff, stopping as Master Roshi calls out for you to be on the lookout for snakes.

Goku leaps off the cliff, falling fast into the forest below.

"Is that kid even human?" Krillin asks.

>A. Jump down after Goku

>B. Find another way around

>C. Stick with Krillin

>D. Something else

>>A. Jump down after Goku

>B. Find another way around

Pave our own path, so to speak.

You follow Goku's lead, leaping off the cliff and falling fast into the forest below.

"ARE YOU TWO CRAZY?!" you hear Krillin scream down at you.

"OW!" you hear Goku shout from below. "That hurt, but I need my supper! Stone, where are you?!"

As you plummet, you spot a pterodactyl flying by.

>A. That can be your ride, get its attention, then get on its back and fly to the area where you saw the stone vanish!

>B. Keep falling and try to break your fall with a treebranch

>C. Something else

>A. That can be your ride, get its attention, then get on its back and fly to the area where you saw the stone vanish!

>>A. That can be your ride, get its attention, then get on its back and fly to the area where you saw the stone vanish!

You shout to the creature as you fall, hoping to get its attention.

It works, and the creature believes it's found its next meal. Letting out a loud cry, it changes directions and flies right for you, attempting to grab you with its sharp talons. Instead, you grab it by the foot, and climb up onto its back.

The creature cries out in protest, but you manage to direct it to the general area where Master Roshi's stone disappeared. You jump down, looking around for the stone, but finding nothing.

Nearby, you hear Goku laughing. He must be getting close.

>A. Go to Goku

>B. Look around for any places where a treebranch might have been broken recently

>C. Look around on the ground for the stone (80)

>D. Something else

>>C. Look around on the ground for the stone (80)

no sense in waiting

>>C. Look around on the ground for the stone (80)

ROLL

Rolled 92 (1d100)

pls

Rolled 100 (1d100)

fuck yeah we da best!

Yay.

youtube.com/watch?v=avyDQjG5sAw New battle waifu when som, I need the ride to continue.

Well, I mean, if you survive until the Android Saga, 18 will be in the quest. Also Chichi is a martial artist, sort of.

Like you'd give us 18. I remember what happened in Human quest.

You look down, and find the stone sitting at your feet.

What luck!

You pick it up and check it for the marking, and sure enough, you find the symbol Master Roshi left on it. It's the right stone.

You hear Goku as he comes running closer.

"Tofoo?" he asks.

A few seconds later, he comes crashing through the brush, smiling when he sees you.

"I thought it was you!" he says cheerfully.

He blinks, looking at your hand.

"You found the stone already?" he asks.

>A. Yes

>B. Yes, but he can have it if he wants

>C. Ask how he knew you were here before he saw you

>D. Something else

Fuck it, I can play the long game, all the waifus right now are kinda meh, guess we can wait for 18.

Or something. Mai a qt though.

You were ten or eleven in human quest, you'll be about Krillin or Goku's age when the Android Saga rolls around.

>C. Ask how he knew you were here before he saw you
I'll give it a shot, but I doubt it will happen. Too bad there are no female saiyans left.

The universe is a big place, and the Saiyans sent out a lot of babies. I doubt they're all dead.

GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!
Stop giving me false hope damn you!

You ask Goku how he knew you were here before he even saw you.

"I could smell you," Goku explains.

Sure, why not? That's still not the weirdest thing you've seen or heard from your friend.

"You should hurry and get that back to Master Roshi," Goku says, pointing to the stone. "Otherwise you won't get supper."

>A. Ask Goku why he isn't trying to take it from you

>B. Ask if he knows where Krillin is

>C. Give Goku the stone

>D. Go back to Master Roshi

>E. Something else

>>E. Something else
"Want me to share some of my supper?"

>C. Give Goku the stone

We won fair and square

"Do you want me to share some of my supper?" you ask Goku.

"Do you mean it?" he asks, mouth already watering. "Oh boy!"

>A. Head back to Roshi's

>B. Ask if he knows where Krillin is

>C. Ask why he isn't trying to take the stone from you

>D. Something else

>>B. Ask if he knows where Krillin is
How are you handling power levels this time around Som?

Same way Toriyama did; I'm using them loosely.

I expect us to be able to solo Frieza by the Namek Saga then.

Also I still think you write Frieza really fucking well.

Kami was easily the best character in Human Quest.

Fucking definitely.

I might go re read it after this session.

I appreciate that, but barring the unexpected or the miraculous, you will not be able to solo Frieza, at least not when you first arrive on Namek.

>see how strong Goku is becoming and find out he is a Sayain
>don't need Namekian Dragonballs
>go to Namek anyways because Vegeta puts 2 and 2 together and we have to stop him
>wish to be half Sayian
>go SJJ

Then I expect compensation in the form of a muscled Saiyan waifu.

>no mouth
>visible nipple

I think that picture should be ok, but I'll delete it in a minute anyways. Never know now a days.

Yeah I just saw it, oh well, have another.

"Do you know where Krillin is?" you ask him.

Goku sniffs at the air, reminding you of many creatures that inhabit the woods near your home.

"He's still pretty far," Goku tells you. "I wonder what's taking him so long."

You're kind of curious, too. Krillin's pretty strong and fast. Even taking the long way down, with his speed he could be halfway across the forest by now. You're sure there's some nasty critters out here, but Krillin is strong enough to handle most things without too much trouble.

Or, at least you assume he is.

>A. Ask Goku to lead you to Krillin

>B. Head back to Kame House

>C. Offer the stone to Goku

>D. Something else

>B

>B. Head back to Kame House

>>A. Ask Goku to lead you to Krillin
I wonder if Goku will remember us fondly as he grows up, will we be the reason he becomes a super Saiyan?

user, pls.

>Not showing the universe just how strong a human can become

Maybe so. You're his first real friend, except maybe Bulma, and so far your relationship with him has been largely positive.

Krillin and Tien can do that.

You and Goku make your way through the forest, finding the trail that leads back up to where the Kame House sits.

The sun is low, though you still have a fair amount of time left to return with the stone.

You approach a bridge that will lead you to the cliff where Kame House sits, and in front of it stands Krillin, who is breathing rather heavily and covered in dirt.

When he sees you and Goku approaching, he dusts himself off, and tries to make it look like he's not tired in the slightest.

"Oh, hey guys," Krillin says.

"Hi, Krillin!" Goku greets. "Tofoo found the stone!"

"Really?" Krillin asks. "Are you sure about that?"

He produces a rock that looks near-identical to your own, with the same marking on it.

"I found this one a few minutes ago," Krillin explains. "I think Master Roshi hid a few decoys when we weren't looking."

"You think so?" Goku asks.

"Sure, he could have tons of them, after all, he does own the place," Krillin says. "So, Tofoo, how's about we swap stones? I'll take a look at yours, and you can look at mine, and we can try to see if either of them is the real one."

>A. Okay

>B. Does he think you were born yesterday?

>C. How about you both go to Master Roshi and see if either one is real

>D. Something else

"Do you think I was born yesterday?" you ask Krillin.

The bald kid frowns, while Goku looks at you in confusion.

"What do you mean?" your friend asks.

You explain that Krillin's rock is the decoy, and as soon as you hand him yours, he's just going to run away with it.

"Don't be silly, I'd never do something like that," Krillin assures you. "If that's the real stone, then you found it fair and square."

>A. Tell Krillin you aren't interested in checking

>B. Tell him you'll both give your stones to Goku, and then check

>C. Fine (switch stones)

>D. Something else

"One of us has to be right or neither of us is. Either way, Roshi will know. So lets hurry or none of us will get food."

>B. Tell him you'll both give your stones to Goku, and then check

>D. Something else
"I'm taking the stone back to Roshi."

>>B. Tell him you'll both give your stones to Goku, and then check

And why should we be?

>ask Goku to smell both rocks

You tell Krillin that you aren't interested in checking.

He frowns. "Why not?"

"I'm taking the stone back to Roshi," you tell him. "He'll know whether either of these stones are the right ones."

You begin walking toward the bridge, Krillin frowning as he watches you come. As you pass the bald fighter, his hand shoots out, trying to grab the stone from you.

>A. Switch hands and keep going (81)

>B. Keep the stone away, and kick Krillin off the cliff (97)

>C. Something else (I reserve the right to assign a roll number to any action)

>A. Switch hands and keep going (81)

I've arrived late.

I wonder: What happens if we get other stones, and inscribe upon them the Turtle Kanji, giving one to Goku and one to Krillin?

That way we can each say we found the stone, and we all get food.

>throw the stone to the other side of the bridge and then run to it before Krillin

Same roll as B

Better go with A then

DC for dropping the stone and punching Krillin in the teeth?

ROLL

Rolled 67 (1d100)

Rolled 87 (1d100)

Rolled 59 (1d100)

Rolled 99 (1d100)

Who's our RNG mascot?

Rolled 98 (1d100)

This

I vote that head from legends of the hidden temple

Please stop using up our good luck.

Rolled 97 (1d100)

Praise

You switch hands with the stone, causing Krillin to grab nothing as you start to make your way across the bridge, intending to leave the the other boy behind and make your way to the Kame House.

But, after only a few steps, you hear Goku call out to you.

"Look out!"

You spin around just in time to block a kick from Krillin that would have caught you in the back of the head. He spins and kicks, but you duck beneath it.

He lands behind you, and you turn to find the path across the bridge blocked.

>A. Tell Krillin to get out of your way

>B. Toss the stone to Goku

>C. Charge Krillin and attack head-on

>D. Defend from Krillin

>E. Escape by jumping down into the space between the cliffs. Have Goku join you, then use his Power Pole to help the two of you reach the other side

>F. Something else

Rolled 80, 30 = 110 (2d100)

1st roll: Praise Olmec
2nd roll: Praise THESE DUBS CHECKM

>>B. Toss the stone to Goku

>C. Charge Krillin and attack head-on
Krillin seems to be the type to not handle head-on confrontation all that well.
Let us see if we can use this to our advantage.
Plus, we have a weapon. A heavy blunt bashing object.

You have a sword. That's not a blunt bashing object. Oh...you mean the rock.

>B. Toss the stone to Goku
"Get to Roshi"

>F. Pull down Krillin's pants and laugh at him

You toss the stone over your shoulder to Goku, who barely reacts in time to catch it due to his surprise.

"Get to Master Roshi," you tell him.

"What? Why?" Goku asks.

Krillin laughs. "Oh, I get it. You want him to get the stone back to Master Roshi while you fight me. Winning yourself doesn't matter, you just want to make sure I don't win."

"What?" Goku asks. "Wait, that's not fair, Tofoo! You found the stone, you won fair and square."

"He didn't win yet," Krillin explains. "Whoever brings the stone back to Master Roshi wins, it doesn't matter who found it first."

Goku glares at Krillin. "You cheater!"

Krillin shrugs. "You guys are faster than me. So I'm using my strength; my brain."

He drops into a fighting stance. "But, you know, being faster doesn't necessarily mean you're stronger, Tofoo. I trained at the Magic Orin Temple for years, I bet you haven't been fighting nearly as long."

>A. Tell Krillin he'll just have to see for himself

>B. Maybe not, but Goku's been training all his life, and you're sure he would win (let Goku fight)

>C. Charge at Krillin

>D. Defend against Krillin

>E. Something else

>E. Pull down Krillin's pants and laugh at him

>>A. Tell Krillin he'll just have to see for himself

>KA-ME-HA-ME-HA

Bro, you sure you wanna go that far?

>>C. Charge at Krillin