Malifaux General: Hair Tentacles Edition

New master preview yaaay! And apparently she's got a second mouth in the back of her head that the head-tentacles are supposed to feed.

The usual links:

mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futakuchi-onna
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futakuchi-onna

Seems pretty good. Do we know Deva's and/or Titania's actions?

Flicker seems pretty problematic, especially since she doesn't have any ways of increasing it apart from summoning more dudes.
It makes her pretty damn vulnerable to any kind of condition removal, too.

Oh, wait. The summoned model gains Flicker, not Asami. That's not so bad.

I hope she gets some nice suicide troops in her crew set to summon. Right now, there's no real cheap oni to summon, and it would suck if they don't give her any.

Being able to summon Tengu is pretty neat, Shooting Star could be used to get around the problem of Slow a bit, and make them pretty good for distract/cursed object.

Did not remember that Tengu are oni. Yeah, they'd be good summoning targets.

Any thoughts/word of advice when it comes to students of transmortis?

Deva? You mean Reva? Yeah, they were leaked too and since the fronts are the same I'd assume nothing big's gonna change. Pic related.

and Titania.

Hold on, were all new masters leaked or just this three? I'm new to Malifaux (Been playing for like a month) and this is hyping up pretty badly.

There was a bunch of cards spoiled, but I think those were the only masters. There were a few henchmen and such, though. I know the Arcanists' was a bureaucrat that had a system of triggers on her actions that lead to her getting tired of the paperwork and just shooting the target.

In terms of hiring or summoning?

Steel you could hire as a way around armor if your opponent is going Arcanist. Other than that I'd just save them for summons and choose the one I'd need at the time.

Summon the students as needed with Nico or Molly. They're too expensive to hire. Valedictorian is a great independent mobile beat stick, great for turning off triggers.

This is stuff from the next book, coming out around gencon most likely. New masters and models for everyone.

how good is she with kirai/yan lo?

She's a great source of Seishin and good at handing out Adversary for Kirai. And if you don't want a Seishin for whatever reason, Guide Spirits is some nice extra movement.

I really don't know about Yan Lo, but since Izamu is the only Ancestor Spirit model I doubt you'd usually have enough spirits to make Datsue Ba effective.

Great with both. She's a bit fragile, but summoning seishin and carrying spirit whispers/beacon are useful. She can also do good damage, ignore armor, and summon off of kills. Spirit Yan Lo is an interesting build, Fury of Yomi can do all sorts of awful things to people.

Yan Lo has an ability to burn chi and make models into Spirits. It only lasts for the turn, but you could probably get some use out of it. I mostly just use it with Onryo and Toshiro to get all kinds of + flips on models that have to die.

why is the general always so dead?

I guess not a lot of people on Veeky Forums play. Shame.

I just got Killjoy and Lazarus from a flgs sale. Killjoy is mostly for Molly and Lazarus for Wong. Any ideas for fun ways to incorporate those two jolly fellows?

sorry bro, I am new too but play ten thunder/resurrectionists

but from what I heard lazarus is pretty much indipendent so you should be able to incorporate him pretty easily

10T/Resser, eh? Is that just Yan Lo or do you have some others running around?

I have a little (more like a lot) of everything so when I'm henching I can give people a taste of it all. I'm focusing on ressers right now, but I'm way too much of a ooh shiny type to stick to them for long.

yan lo for now, gonna get kirai soon

but I am probably gonna keep buying from both factions since the models are so nice

They always seem to happen when I'm at work.

Malifaux is relatively balanced, niche, and doesn't allow much list building theory crafting due to random schemes and strats. Frankly I'm surprised we get our weekly thread in the first place.

You can use Molly to purposely botch summon a Drowned so that it dies on arrival, drops a scheme marker, and summons Killjoy.

Killjoy can also work decently with Kirai. Summon a hanged or something else off of a seishin, the seishin dies letting you unbury Killjoy.

I lost the little bit that is Lady J's sword, is there any way to get a replacement or something?

You can try messaging Wyrd about it, but don't put your hopes up.

Alright Malifaux General! I need some help.

I play Viks, with some Jack Daw, and Von Shill action. I'm going to get a Malifaux Child for the Viks, but I have most the pieces I need.

But everytime I tournament, I end up scoring low enough to get into the mercy ringer rounds.

What general tips do I have to play better at the tournament level so I don't feel like a scrub?

Also, anyone here play on vassal?

General tourney tips (without knowing a lot of information about you or anyone else around there's playstyle):

Always ask "how am I doing on objectives/what can I do for objectives" at the beginning of each round. Make sure that you're allocating stuff to do them, as it's real easy to get sucked into "let's murder everything oops it's turn 5 and I have two VP".

Know your abilities, and know their abilities. Don't be afraid to ask questions, getting blindsided sucks and can put you on tilt.

Know what your faction has to counter common defenses/attacks. What do you have that deals with armor, hard to wound, and incorporeal. What removes conditions like Burning or Paralyzed. What has Ruthless to avoid Terrifying/Manipulative checks. What makes your guys more effective. Then, know which factions to use them against. Arcanists and Guild have a lot of armor. Ressers have a lot of terrifying and hard to wound. Neverborn have a lot of terrifying and some armor.

Lastly, know your activation orders. Don't activate your biggest hitter first to just leave them flapping in the wind for the rest of your enemy's army to pile on. Similarly, don't wait too long to activate something that's in danger. Remember, if there's only one model threatening a model, and it's already activated, you can activate the threatened model last. Other models may be more important.

Focus on getting VPs. In my first big tournament I was able to max my scheme VPs every game. The problem came from not getting strategy VPs, which cost me 3 of 5 games. Know which schemes you can accomplish and work towards that, but also be sure to not skip out on strategy points. VPs are what win games, try not to lose sight of that.

Thanks for the tips, here's what I have for outcasts.

Vik/Jack Daw/Von Shill Box (with two trappers)
3x Crooked Men
2x Nurses
2x The Hanged
Hannah
Aionus
Johan(a)
Convict Gunmen
Burt Jebsen
Hans
Sue
Bishop
2x Desperate Mercs

Most the local meta brings perdita or Lynch to the tournaments.

Well, through June the strat/deployment rotation is:
Round 1 - Reconnoiter, Flank Deployment
Round 2 - Extraction, Standard Deployment
Round 3 - Collect The Bounty, Close Deployment
Round 4 - Reckoning, Corner Deployment
Round 5 - Guard The Stash, Standard Deployment

Reconnoiter means covering lots of real estate or simply holding two while denying your opponent one. Flank Deployment means it's really easy to spread out and slow crews aren't hampered too much. Von Schill is probably not the play here since they tend to ball up. JD can obey his crew around, debuff/move enemies out of position, and the Viks can do their missile schtick to fly around denying territory. Burt can use Crackerjack Timing to drag enemies out of position or into the center so they don't count for scoring.

Extraction and Standard is pretty much a matter of mobbing the middle with either a bunch of dudes or a few durable ones. Von Schill charging out of engagement can keep by the extraction marker easily, follow him up with Hannah/Librarian for support/healing. Vik Missile is always an option to clear out the Extraction marker. JD is a great wild card.

Collect the Bounty and Close Deployment is a murder-fest with some emphasis on interacting. Aionus might be helpful here moving markers around. Viks in Close Deployment can demolish a crew in short order.

Reckoning is yay, Corner is not. Probably a Viks play since they can zip out of the corner quickly.

Guard the Stash and Standard is another mob the middle. Schill for durability, Viks for murder, JD for control.

And, of course, available schemes just add a new wrinkle.

So, generally speaking, would you say are some key pieces from my list for the match ups?

Like obviously relic hammers are boss against constructs, but when I hear the opponent say "I'm playing neverborn" or whatever, what would you say are key things to look for when list building?