Warhammer 40k General

Rep Your Warlord Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Arkhan_Land
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/White_Dwarf_245_(UK)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FIRST FOR THE PIMPMARINES!

>I2 orks

So I've never played a game of 40k, but I know the fluff a bit. I'm a bit confused as to how they balance armies vs the armies they are specifically fluffed against. An example of what I wanna know is how do they balance Grey Knights vs the daemons they are apparently so good at killing.

they kill the shit out of them

So, would a chapter taking inspiration from the lore of pic related be cool?

40k the game isnt balanced, at all. It is notorious for being unbalanced.

my current WIP as i attempt to convert a Praetor missle launcher into a Dominus.

The triple Earthshakers are a little too wide, though i could make it work. I'm instead thinking of cutting down the barrels and sticking them inside the missile housing.

Looks like meme garbage.

Lamenters already exist

Is it just me or do stormravens seem incredibly cheesy

>Zooming fly up to your anti air tank
>Multi melta
>Explodes
>It's all ogre

Theyre good for a flyer. Flyers arent particularly cheesy though.

The real problem with the Stormraven is its ridiculous design. I built one a while back, and it was too embarrasingly stupid looking for me to consider using. So I chopped it up and made a piece of terrain out of it.

What the fuck is wrong with the Lamenters you insufferable fagatron?

I will fite you

If your favorite chapter doesnt share its name with a former Legion, you're a dicksucker.

Show this to WIP, its a better grounds then this to showcase work.

Lamenters are garbage white knights.

First for Ghostkeels being the best looking suit in the codex.

Fuck Riptides and their misproportioned boxy asses.

>whiteknight

pic related

yes because we always need more BLOOD amirite?

Fair point, flyers do tend to have pretty low av which balances it out i guess. I'm just quite salty after someone brought one to a 600 pt game

>pizza girl
>criticizing anyone

>ugly as fuck
>also shit at everything they do
>fanbase likes to think they have some kind of moral high ground over others for their choice in space men
a chapter of bleeding hearts is pretty funny, but they've been trod into the ground by faggots on Veeky Forums

I like them, but I like Broadsides better.

Fish head with ball-gag mouth is also my favorite flesh robot.

>posting Anal Lover Edit

LEL.

This. While I don't mind Lamenters, what I do mind is every 40k thread I've seen outside Veeky Forums (/b/ and /v/ seem to have loads, yes, I know, cancer incarnate) always have dick sucker Lamenterfags in there.

We get it, they're there for the 'little man' and they made SoB wet with their heroics. But come on guys.

>Lamenters going to fight someone
Oh boy, I can't wait to see that 200% casualty rate
Flesh Tearers best BA successor

>yfw it's like the OP image of /40kg/ faces

Fuck sake user, now I can't unsee it. Fuck you.

>tfw just found out about BaC.
>Never realized how sexy Mk. 4 armor is.
>Been wanting to start a SM army.

Aw man, now I just need to figure out what chapter I want them to be, and if I should make them a founding legion in case I want to get into 30k.

I also need to decide whether to use all the models into one army, or paint them two seperate ones, because using them in the game that it comes with seems like it could be fun.

daily reminder that Green iz best

>Fish Head with Ball Gag mouth
>Trying hard to see it
>See Admiral Ackbar's head instead
You son of a fucking silly person, you.

Only if they're using the Rail Rifle. Boxingglove broadside are stupid as fuck looking

Flesh Tearers are only good for Dual Chainfist Chapter Master and Seth kicking people in the balls. Seth is also great at raping people with his insane amount of S9 AP4 Rending Attacks (3++ will fail eventually and against every Imperial HQ bar Mephy will die, unless they have EW)

You know it's bad when Satan thinks you have bad tastes.

>implying I would ever sully the glorious model with HYMP

Shame HYMP are so good in game. If I ever got Broadsides, I'd magnetise them so I can display them with glorious HRR's.

Literally who?

Stormraven isn't bad. Just wait until you get wrecked by a squadron of Vendettas. 9 twin linked Lascannons at BS4 on a flyer will ruin your week.

Who is your favorite faction to play against Veeky Forums?

Why? (be honest)

What army do you play?

>implying

The number of the Beast is 616. Or 665.

My nigga. That said I'd convert the Broadside to hold the HRR like an actual sniper rifle. I really don't dig the underslung look most of the battlesuits use.I think they're ok on stealthsuits but the bigger ones just... meh. I'm making my Ghostkeel's main gun slot into his forearm like the gundam heavyarms. his Twin-linked weapon will be wrist-mounted on the other hand.

so, in the lore, are the sister known to be lewwddd, or is that just in sweaty fap fics.

>Who is your favorite faction to play against
Space Marines
>Why?
Because they always put up a decent fight and I don't get tabled when I play against them usually

>What army do you play?
ORKZ

I love playing against Eldar

I play Imperial navy with tax guard

No idea, because in over a year of playing I've never had the chance to play against anything but varying flavors of Space Marine.

>muh optional rules

>Flesh Tearers are only good for massive overkill in melee
I'm confused, you seem to be implying there is any other than the glory of the Assault Phase.
Are you okay?

They get their fanatical fevor from lack of cock, so I would guess only in fanfictions.

Elves are a filthy, lewd knife ear sex race.

Tau females prefer Guela men.

Orkz, they're wild and crazy as fuck and it's almost
ALWAYS a guaranteed win for me

I play Tau with a focus on suits

Grey Knights vs Daemons is kind of an outlier in that the former have always had a huge advantage, though Daemons are pretty good against all Marines armies in general.

Usually, no army has a clear advantage over the other, even with fluff background. There are certain units/characters where their hate for one faction is so great that they do get buffs against said faction, but these are usually minor or if not, you're still usually paying a high points tax to get access to these abilities.

For example, Tau's Commander Farsight has Preferred Enemy (Orks) which means he is more accurate and better at wounding against Orks. However, he's an expensive character and restricted to weapons that is not 100% optimal against Orks so he's not a must-have versus them.

Speaking of Farsight, his sub-faction of Tau do get an army-wide bonus against Orks. Here, the Tau's bonus is slightly better close combat against Orks, an area where Orks will win anyway, just less easily. It doesn't really make a difference, especially since Tau should always be planning around shooting anyway.

What? You can squadron them in the codex.

Optional my ass, if GW drops a book then it's in the game

Kys

is it in lore that tau females enjoy some human greater goods, or is that just more fap fics.

Hah. I've always wanted GW to make a Sniper Rifle Suit. Something with insane long range + damage, but that's kinda covered by everything else. If they could make it Precision Shot, it'd be neat. Make it be like S6 AP3 Heavy 3, Precision Shots or S8 AP2 Armourbane Precision Shots alt fire mode.

I can't find many good sniper rifle holding robots.

Tanking shit so your guns can take them out. Do you even play 7th edition bro?

Bathtime for the warriors of the Fuzzy-Paint Kabal.

Broadsides can get that as a support system. If they're a line shasvre with a her they PS on a 5 or 6

Not that, death from the skies means vendettas only snapshoot against other fliers (as only Fighters get skyfire now, and vendettas aren't defined as such). Some are claiming these rules are optional, but as says that's probably not going to fly.

Tau, because I can freak out tau players with the amount of firepower I usually bring with my Raven Guard/Raptors. My typical anti-tau list includes 20 plasma guns and 14 Lascannons, many of them getting infiltrate. A Tau army that brings enough missilesides to take out all the razorbacks doesn't have the firepower to kill my marines or my Deredeo, and a tau army that can threaten the Deredeo and marines will just get laughed at by the razorbacks by sheer numbers.

It's hilarious now, because my local Tau player has actually changed his entire meta from gunlining, to surgical strikes and riptide spam. Simply because I can out-shoot his army with a portable gunline.

Last game I played, I had ONE HUNDRED marines, all with plasma gun and plasma cannon, sitting cozy in my deployment zone. He had 5 Riptides and 6 squads of deep striking crisis teams.

The riptides stayed way the fuck away from my army, and the crisis suits deep striked into his own deployment zone so they wouldn't get eaten alive by plasma cannons. We ended up having a 5 turn long stand-off as both armies waved dicks at each other, before we mutually decided to concede. If either side moved up, it would get toasted.

Yes. Thats why they tend to castrate most human males upon arrival.

Not that hard to convert the Broadside to hold the gun properly, mate. Plus, give it Advanced Targeting System and you got your 60" S8 AP1 Sniper Rifle. I'd use it!

Eh, I was referring to your ground troops getting their shit kicked in, but I guess fighters would be a reasonable counter to them. That's what hydras are for, though.

what is "death from the skies"?

THIN YOUR FUCKING PAINTS!

>Great Repose
>shitty paint job

Newest GW supplement which revamps aircraft. 50% good intentions, 50% garbage.

New supplement with replacements for the flyer rules.

is it in the mega?

Hey it's not mine, I don't even field broadsides! it's the one conversion I found off google holding the rifle properly. Chill.

i think they removed that. You can only ever PS on a 6.

still, remember to thin your paints.

>properly
>not shoulder mounted

But what's the point of precision shots if Look Out Sir's can still be taken? It's nice if you manage to get past the LOS, but most of the time it'll be taken by another model.

found it.

where is this reference?

There needs to be more lore on the Barghesi all we know is that they control a decent empire and theyre red and angry

It looks thinned in the picture, you guys are autistic mongoloids. Just because the painter isn't professional doesn't mean he forgot to thin his paints. And that's the wrong fucking advice for someone whose already thinning his paints, but sucks at brush control.

The advice he needed was to mix Paint Medium with his Nuln Oil to stop it from pooling, and to put less paint on his brush.

A gun that size shoulder mounted on a robot that size? Really?

dumb Desu poster

I can see it, and it can't be unseen. Tau are lewd.

Tau.

Because they rarely kill my guys, and never want to start punching me. I can sit and trade shots with them all game long.

Mephrit dynasty Necrons.

no,the advice he needed was to thin his paints. the thinner, the better. it is commonly know that 'eavy metal painters' paint palate is actually the pacific ocean. the reason why it appears blue is because that how thin their paints are.

I feel like I've seen a Transformer that looked like this, but not with such tick paints.

>Flyers below 1000
This is why we can't have nice things.

with the solder mount you can have the two so it's actually twinlinked. Instead of trying to pretend that thicker barrel is twined-linked.

also
>suit that sized.
yep, it's big and bulky as fuck to hold a big gun. The conversion even lost the bulky as fuck look that makes it a broadside and not a crisis suit.

Fail better in the future user.

Whatever happened to him? Also I'm surprised he doesn't have bionic eyes.

Imperial Gaurd.

Because i play Tyranids / Chaos.

Tyranids fighting Guard just feels like the classic starship trooper fight, it's always very even and enjoyable

He probably died and or is some high magos. He would have to be older then 12k years old.

Orks. Especially when they go for a horde. It's too much fun to rip and tear through the ranks in glorious melee combat for Khorne's bloody Glory.

I play CSM if that wasn't obvious.

You paint about as bad as I did when I was 11, man.

Sniper units are best units. In fact, why don't you use more sniper units, /40kg/? You don't like AP2, Precision shots, 4+ to wound against anything, long range and the satisfaction of taking out an entire army's heavy and special weapons along with sergeants, leaving your opponent completely toothless?

If I played SM, I'd probs load up on sniper scouts.

he died on his second expedition

Its two separate barrels if you look at it. That's closer to twin-linked than two separate guns

I somehow feel like he's out in wild space in an Explorator fleet. How would he be stated?
Source?

Pity your situational awareness hasn't gone up since then though, I said it's not mine ya dingus.

I'm kind of interested in getting started with an Imperial Guard Army (I have never played 40K before and am not sure I will ever have a chance to, I want the models more than anything), and, if I ever manage to get into a game, which of my two favorite regiments would you guys think is best for a beginner: Death Korps of Krieg or Vostroyan Firstborn?

Pic is there just to look cool, not instill bias in favor of one of the regiments.

I use kroot and sniper drone teams extensively. Even throw in some rail rifles for designated marksmen in some of my pathfinder squads

Really? I thought you were a Tau player from that description.

you forgot pinning

if you have to look closer to tell it's supposed to be two guns stuck together, it fails at twin-linked.

>Do you even play 7th edition bro?
The only armies that I play against regularly are Dark Eldar, Space Marines, Dark Angels, Chaos (SM, Daemons, and KDK), and 'Nids, all with very chill and laidbacked players.
The worst things I've seen so far were multiple Grav bikers squads, Double Flyants with two TL Devourers each, and Ravenwing bikes with 2+ rerollable jinks with a FnP icing on top, all of which were dropped after a single game to not be an asshole.
I ain't certain if not getting to play against WAAC faggots with Tau/Eldar/Necron/SM netlists counts as playing 7e, but I using a 7e BRB if that's what you're asking.

Or you're just retarded

Firstborn. Kriegers look cool, but their codex is lesser then the regular codex is. Also firstborns will be cheaper to buy and will be softer on the wallet down the road when you go.
>oh shit nigger, what was I doing

As you look at your old paint jobs.

I play Raven Guard, and the two most fun armies I've played against was Khorne Daemonkin and Orks. The rest of my meta is Tau, Eldar, and unbound Tyranids so he can flood the board with shit tons of MC's

Depends on how much money you are willing to spend. What is your starting budget?

>Source?
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Arkhan_Land
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/White_Dwarf_245_(UK)

I still have my launch day 'raider. What a cool tank.

Well, you could pick both and then just proxy them with/as WW2 models for/from historical games.

FW does support Kriegers, GW doesn't seem to think that other regiments but Cadians exist. Just know whatever one you don't pick will be waiting for you to wake up in the morning. What do you want to wake up to? Space Russians, or men and women in gas masks?