MTG Pauper General: Mono White Rebels Edition

How about that Mono White Rebels making a showing? So cheap I added it to my gauntlet.

>MTGO Pauper Guide
cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>BUT I WANT TO SEE ALL VIABLE DECKS!
tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>WAHHH THATS TOO HARD WHERE...
mtg-hunter.com
The bottom left has a box, select MTGO Pauper, all cards in the card pool and banlist are taken into account.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Goblins
>Stompy
>Slivers
>Affinity
>Mono U control
>UB Teachings

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/deck/423601
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What about mono white rebels? Do you have a list?

>MTG Pauper General: Mono White Rebels Edition
WOW, A THREAD SUBJECT

mtggoldfish.com/deck/423601

It floods the field with creatures on turn 4 and 7 or 8 to win. It's been popular in the past but hasent made a showing in a long time... it's better than Soul Sisters imo

So a shop near me is starting a pauper league with the MTGO card pool. I am building GB Tortured Existence, and was thinking of fitting Nimble Mongoose after the EMA spoilers. The plan would be, depending on how the meta shapes up, to either keep it in the side so I can board into a more aggressive plan vs. control, or put it in the main and move Crypt Rats or some other control element to the side if control is my most common matchup. I am new to the format, so I am wondering if there is some obvious reason this is a terrible idea before I try it out.

I'd honestly wait on the mongoose, but the plan sounds good. I mean if it starts sucking balls you'll know.

>Be great format for people who can't justify spending 1000+ on 65 pieces of cardboard
>Thread has 2 posts

Pauper confirmed normie format. How can you have fun without spending 500 dollars on a manabase or rares?

issue is lack of 8post lands. tron could help with the cost.

if only standstill had every been printed as a common.

I don't know who your post is supposed to be making fun of
as far as I can tell the only person who looks worse because of it is you

I love that art for Greed, but I miss the 7th Edition flavortext.
Idk, it seems like if you're assembling Tron you should be going bigger rather than going wide. Leaves you more deck space for grabbing your lands, too.

yeah, good point. tron doesn't support rebels nearly as well as 8post did/could. i gave up on rebels because of no 8post -- counter rebels becomes very possible with that mana base.

I think there's just not a lot to discuss with one or two new playable cards each expansion.

It IS a woefully underplayed format.
The question is: What can be done to change that?
Maybe this is a chance for Veeky Forums to actually get shit done? Organized League, Meetups, Events, Tutorials, Blogs, et cetera anyone?

I really don't understand why Pauper threads die so quickly while modern threads always reach bump limit. I guess if I spent 1000 dollars on a card game I would try and justify it like it was better somehow too.

All the guys that play pauper in my city are normal guys with careers and girls/wives/kids.

Why is it standard and modern players are always poor trailer park garbage?

Does anyone have any new latest and greatest shitbrews to share with the advent of new commons int he format due to EMA?

I want to put Dragon Egg in my one-sided boardwipe Swirling Sandstorm deck

Come to think of it, all the modern dudes I know are well off. I guess it comes down to smart people knowing spending that much on cardboard is ridiculous. Poor people usually make terrible decisions (like playing a 1k deck but they don't own a car).

Kinda funny that Pauper is the format of the intelligent normal crowd. Also speaks for the low numbers.

I could understand this... if modern threads were not hitting bump limit.

Because with Legacy, Modern and Standard there is always something to shitfling about. There are also way more players of those formats. Hell, most MtG players never even heard about Pauper.
The best we can do is to spread the word and make Pauper more of a thing.

NIMBLE MONGOOSE YES

Yeah, but Modern as a format has been super pushed by Wizards. Pauper threads don't do much worse than Legacy threads.

Modern is being phased out heavily by WotC.

Gettin a big tournament organizer to host pauper side events would go a long way probably.

Yeah, after receiving massive support for years. It got two reprint sets dedicated to it (even if MM2 sucked), it has major tournaments run by Wizards giving it exposure, and they actually pay attention to its banlist (mostly to the format's detriment). It's a terribly managed format that Wizards basically ruined on its own with Turn 4 rule, and they've only now realized that the card pool just doesn't support the kind of play they wanted to encourage. If dead threads are the price a format must pay to not become the trainwreck that Modern is, I'm okay with that.

OP here. Pauper General Gauntlet supplies came in. Red and White mono decks already made (Burn and White Rebels). I really want a neat box for them but they are all insane expensive. Any ideas?
For the rest of the colors it's Stompy, Delver, MBC without obuliette.

After that Slivers, Affinity, Elves, etc.

A box to store the decks?

Yeah. The Pirate Labs stuff is way too expensive. I was thinking of those white cardboard boxes since they could also store the playmats and suplies, but is want to decorate them somehow.

I think it actually wouldn't be that hard to get a Pauper community going. Nobody plays because nobody plays, but that can be remedied: You just need to convince a bunch of people to start, which should go like this

>Hey, want to play a good constructed format?
>Nah, man, I'm already playing X, investing into another one would be retarded
>Well, how about if I tell you that you can play it with cards you already have and it's hilariously easy to build form Limited and card prices hover around one dollar?

And then he was playing Pauper. Once you have a handfull of people, getting your local store to organize events shouldn't be too hard.