Young Demon Familar Quest 7

Previous: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47427589/
Char Sheet: pastebin.com/gccDj2ef

Iris Miller
I stare at the nonsense scribbles and meaningless runes constantly writing themselves down through the tome of hungered knowledge. I wonder what it's actually telling me, if Mali isn't lying it's probably isn't being very polite about it anyways. Why am I still even looking at it this thing anyways? I can't read it or even hope to without my familiar's eyes, I'd be getting more done by staring into the darkness around me for all the time I've been looking at these...disturbingly thick and skin like pages. I sigh, tracing my near useless fingers down the pages, along the still drying ink.

A smile manages to creep onto my face as I slowly draw faint lines and swirls with the ink. Now I wonder how this book will react to that. Before I can even move my wings away from the pages, they start turning so quickly they nearly tear themselves from the binding.

I tilt my head inquisitively as dark red ink starts to scrawl itself out on the page, looking more like drawn threats than any language, mortal or not. And the same ink starts to pour out of the pages, so I calmly set it down away from anything that can stain and watch it, seeing if it will do anything else this...strange.

Oh no, it's just shutting itself like a child stomping away in a huff right after throwing a tantrum. Part of me still wonders what it was trying to scream at me. It's a shame, it probably had some pretty choice insults to throw at me, and now they're gone, wasted into its pages and reused for ink.

I sigh and fall back onto my back, holding my wings up so I don't end up laying on them, heaven knows how uncomfortable that is.

The air is warm, and so is the thin darkness all around me...and Mali isn't awake yet, so I have to assume it's still morning, since the little imp usually has the energy to rise with the sun and fall with it.
cont

And that means she should be waking up soon. My lips curl into a smirk, and I feel my fangs pressing down on my lower lip. That's wonderful, I can finally stop being bored with nothing up here, or at least get her to see if those hopefully colorful insults are still some where in the book's pages.

I sigh and sit back up, Well if I'm right at least...maybe I should just wake her up and brighten up my day a bit quicker.

"Mhmm" Karla clears her throat over my shoulder, and I slowly glance around covering my ears as I see my eldest sister standing in the darkness "I've been wondering what you've been doing up here all alone...sorry if I disturbed anything"

"How long have you been up here?" I ask sullenly, wrapping my wings around myself as I stand up and face her

"Oh you know I'm not the kind to spy, especially on my youngest sister" She says sweetly, ruffling my hair as she looks around my "room" "I just came to check on you is all"

She frowns as I lose my posture, which makes her step closer to me, looking worried.

"Please tell me you remembered to take some blood" She sighs sadly, running her hand through my hair, making me blush in embarrassment

"A whole pint" I sigh, trying to get her hand off my head without using my wings "and thank you for checking, but I'm really just...doing some important research up here and"

"That's the same excuse Mizuki uses when she's reading dad's old dirty manga" Karla says flatly, making me smack my head as I remember who I stole that excuse from

"But I am researching" I say puffing my chest out, trying to keep my tone and not giggle "Its just...well my assistant is asleep, so I'm taking a bit of a break, per say"

Karla's eyes slowly turn behind me, and I follow her, looking over my shoulder to see Mali.

"She sleeps?" Karla says, sounding legitamtly shocked by this "revelation" "didn't think she needed to"
cont

"I don't think she does, but I think she thinks she does" I say shrugging as Mali curls up, whimpering as her wings wrap around her like a protective blanket "Understand"

"I do" She says nodding slowly as she walks over to my bed and sits on the edge, looking down at the "sleeping" demon curled up on it "She looks so peaceful like this...reminds me of when you were a baby"

What do I say?
[]There's another reason you came up here
[] You're more embarrassing than dad.
[] Well if you really want to see something, treat her like a kid.
[]....Say want to watch some movies..with everyone?
[] Well I was just about to wake her up to send her back out or study with her again.
[] KARLA! *Switch to controlling Mali*
[] That's because she never lost herself, she's still just an innocent girl in the body of a demon...well mostly innocent.
[]Careful, she might bite.
[] how is mizuki doing anyways?
[] write in

>[]There's another reason you came up here
>[] Well I was just about to wake her up to send her back out or study with her again.
>[] That's because she never lost herself, she's still just an innocent girl in the body of a demon...well mostly innocent.
>[] how is mizuki doing anyways?

>[] You're more embarrassing than dad.
>[] That's because she never lost herself, she's still just an innocent girl in the body of a demon...well mostly innocent.

>[] Well I was just about to wake her up to send her back out or study with her again.

>[] Well if you really want to see something, treat her like a kid.

>[]Careful, she might bite.

Heyo HM, hope you had a good weekend!

>[] Well if you really want to see something, treat her like a kid.

"That's because she never lost herself" I say, walking over to my bed as Karla messes with Mali's wings, lifting one of them up and gently stretching it out, smiling like a mother "She's still just an innocent girl in the body of a demon"

Karla turns and looks over at me, frowning just enough to get her point across to me

"Well mostly innocent" I sight, shaking my head

"Yeah it has to be hard having your body replaced with...something else entirely" Karla says sadly "But...this is a better life for her isn't it? judging from what you've told me at the least"

"I think so, she seems to like it...but she's hard to read even at the best of times" I say shrugging "But I was just about to wake her up to send her back out or study with her again so"

"Oh we can yet her sleep a bit longer can't we?" Karla chuckles, gently laying Mali's wing over herself again "We never seem to have the time to just...talk anymore"

"There's another reason you came up here isn't there" I groan, as Karla frowns meekly, looking oh so much like "dad"

"Yeaaaah" She says, getting up, holding her hands in front of herself like a proper lady "Mom's been...twitchy about how much time you've been spending around that book, I don't think she trusts it to be honest"

"Oh, so she's done treating Mali like she needs to be on a leash then?" I ask, pushing my glasses up with my wings

"Oh you know how she is, she's seen and done things neither of us will ever see or do...hopefully" She says softly "She's probably right about the book and I bet you the only reason she doesn't like Mali is because of...what kind of demon she is"

"Yeah" I sigh nodding slowly "Or because she isn't part of the family"

"That could also be what it is" She says chuckling "But Mali is like oil to her water"

"I know" I say as Mali rolls over, grumbling in her sleep "I also know for a fact she's just worried about me, like you are"

cont

Besides a bit of stress due to my grades, it was decent

"You're the youngest, of course we're worried about you" My oldest sister sighs "You're just..vunerable, and most girls your age don't have demons prancing around them, even ones that are...well like Mali is"

"Or any girl" I say, smiling "don't get me wrong I see why mom treats her like she does...I just don't like it"

"Neither do I, but she'll come around eventually I'm sure" Karla says happily "if only because she realizes she isn't dangerous...to you at least"

"Or the rest of the family" I say just as happily "Also speaking about family, how's mizuki doing anyways"

"She's reached the point of her latest obsession with making a shrine...I think vera is helping her sneak out of the castle" Karla groans, crossing her arms over her flowing red dress "Or Mom, or dad....anyone but Alexander or me really"

"Well I've been up here, so I haven't been a partner in her crimes" I chuckle quietly "Well, it was a nice talk but.."

"You have things to do, I know, I know" Karla sighs, walking away as she slowly starts to turn to blood and seep through the floor

What do I do?
[] Wake mali up
[] *Mali vision*
[] Ask Karla is we should do a family movie night
[]go and check on mizuki myself
[] think of what I should have mali do
[] go back to reading
[] go outside for once
[] write in

>[] think of what I should have mali do
>[] Wake mali up
>[] *Mali vision*

>[] Wake mali up

>[]go and check on mizuki myself

>[] Wake mali up

[] Ask Karla is we should do a family movie night
[]go and check on mizuki myself
[] think of what I should have mali do

>[] Ask Karla is we should do a family movie night
>[] Wake mali up

Putting my suggestion in before hand for something silly like Flubber.

>[] Wake mali up

>[] Wake mali up
>[]go and check on mizuki myself
>

"No, I just had an idea how we could get mom to calm down around mali" I say happily, sitting down on my bed as My eldest sister stops, drops and rivulets of blood slowly flowing back into her as she reforms and solidifies back into herself.

"...Hmm" She says, sounding rather curious, as her red eyes twinkle in the darkness like stars "well that is pretty important isn't it"

"Well, She first really...got attached to dad when she watch movies with her right?" I say, sounding like vera with how much joy I have in my voice and tone "So do you think she might start getting along with her if we got everyone together for a big old family movie night"

"Thought about that, it's worth a shot" She says shrugging as she starts slipping through the floor, her legs already merging into a pool of blood "Could go horribly...but life isn't life without risks"

And with that, she's gone, leaving me alone to my thoughts. Mostly on how I should do this, since Mali is already terrified of my mother. I know she'd go if I asked her to, but that seems a little too simple..far too simple. Besides I need to get everyone else there first....and it might be worth studying or..sending Mali to do her "thing"

I sigh, and gently push her shoulder.

And instantly, her pale and milky skin lights up as she gasp and thrashes around, colors, mostly reds washing over her skin like ink in water, or a moving painting.

"Huuuuh?" She groans, yawning as stares up at me.

What do I tell her to do?
[] get my family for the movie night
[] go do demon things *Switch perspectives*
[] translate the book
[] give me a hug
[] make me breakfast
[] send her on a snipe hunt
[] write in

>[] translate the book
>[] give me a hug

[] translate the book
[] give me a hug
then
[] make me breakfast

>[] translate the book

>[] translate the book
>[] give me a hug
>[] go do demon things *Switch perspectives*

Wonder what would happen if we wanted a slumber party and Mali invited Big Sister.

Layla would probably eat Big Sister, to be honest. And not in the way Big Sis would enjoy.

>[] translate the book
>[] make me breakfast
>[] send her on a snipe hunt

>[] translate the book
>[] give me a hug

>[] give me a hug
>[] make me breakfast
>[] translate the book

"Give me a hug" I say teasingly, and her eyes instantly shoot open, her pupils flashing between various symbols as she wraps her arms and wings around me, barely covering my chest due to how small she is.

I smile and pat her on the head as her colors shift to an array of mostly hues of pink...is that how she blushes now? Strangely adorable.

"Did you wake me up just to do that?" She asks, still sounding half asleep and slurring her words as her pupils turn to the vague shapes of a bed "Not whining...just"

She yawns, and nearly falls off of my bed as I get off of it. She bolts up right, her wings flapping to keep her up as I walk over to the still smoldering book on the floor.

"Sorry" I say as she glares at me, not saying a word, at least until she goes back to smiling

"About what? your bed is always trying to throw me off of it" She giggles as she follows me, almost like a cat "So I'm guessing you want me to read for you again then, master"

"Oh don't act like it wasn't' I sigh as I carefully push the book over to her "And yes, I seem to have struck a nerve"

"I can see that" She says meekly as she slowly walks over to the now ink soaked book "Do you think you could stop screaming and just open up"

the book flies open, spraying ink everywhere as Mali looks at the page.

"It's mostly threats with...what I think are supposed to be insults" She says slowly, from a foot away from the book "they could just be angry doodles for all I know"

"Thank you Mali" I say sweetly, ruffling her hair as she smiles as innocently as she can.

What do I do
[] give her a job *what*
[] *Switch to mali*
[] start trying to set up the movie night
[] insult the book some more, to see what happens
[] mess with mali's wings
[] write in

>[] *Switch to mali*
>[] insult the book some more, to see what happens
>[] mess with mali's wings

>[] start trying to set up the movie night

>[] *Switch to mali*

>[] *Switch to mali*

>[] *Switch to mali*

>[] *Switch to mali*

>[] start trying to set up the movie night

>[] *Switch to mali*
>[] give her a job *what*

Just let her sing for a while. Seemed like she liked that from what she said last time she was out.

]Seconding.

Was trying to remember what random job thing to give her, before letting Mali do her thing.

"That book really is useless without you" I say coldly, as the little imp's eyes go wide, her pupil's turning into exclamation marks for a second as the book starts to shudder and shake around.

"IRIS!" She shouts trying to rush to close the book as it starts spinning and spitting out bits of paper and drops of ink, the spaces between the scales carved into the front burning with a light as red as my family's eyes

I laugh and grab the back of her wings, pulling them out as she tries to hold the book down, or maybe kick it away from us.

"Come on" I say calmly as the book manages to lift itself off of the ground "it can't hurt us, it's just throwing a tantrum"

"But it's still getting ink everywhere" Mali groans, mumbling something under her breath that makes her blush...though that could just be the colors shifting around her face
_
Malizeral/Alice
_

I groan, as my master holds my wings out, and the book screams a lot of very...very crude and kind of disgusting insults at her. Including the oh so creative "No armed oaf". Honestly I have half a mind to bury this rude book, if it wasn't for how useful it was.

It eventually goes back to acting like a book, and iris sighs

"See?" she says, almost smugly as she lets go of my wings, letting them fold back up on my back

"Yeah, still it made a real mess" I sigh, hearing drops of ink slowly dripping down to the floor

"Oh well, its just some ink, at least it didn't get on the other books" She says calmly "Besides, there's nothing really up here to mess up now is there"

"Well you a point there master" I say happily, smiling as I walk towards the book, steeping in a pool of the strangely cold ink...it's like stepping into a frozen puddle.

I turn around, and see Iris walking towards the hole leading to the house proper.

"Er" I gasp as I try to catch up with her "Where are you going?"
cont

"Oh...well I thought we'd try to do that movie night we talked about...and I need to get my siblings away from...whatever they're doing" She says shrugging her wings, her shirt nearly falling off of her, before she adjusts her wings and it falls back onto her.

The darkness wraps around her as she starts walking again, barely missing a step from talking to me.

"Feel free to help me if you want to, Mali" She says happily "Or...just have fun waiting for me to finish, your choice really"

....I'm not good with choices though.

What do I do?
[] Go and help her
[] go into the kitchen with Snack
[] explore the dungeons
[] go to town and look for demon things to do
[] visit my old home
[] sing in the graveyard
[] try to do normal people things
[] Seek out the ice demon
[] write in

>[] Go and help her

>[] go into the kitchen with Snack

Help with Snack making snacks

>[] Go and help her

>Go and help her.
Nothing says we can't flutter away if need be right?

> Go and help her
Time to be a good familiar.

>[] Go and help her

Next time we get a free day I wanna see if she wants to come with and visit our old home though.

And I really don't want to have a repeat of what happened last time I went out...just yet at least. And besides, I would like to help her out, since that is the only reason I'm in this fantastic castle in the first place.

And I really want to watch some movies and relax.

So I follow her through the darkness, seeing her fangs glint in the shadows as she smiles, turning around to look at me just before she drops out through the floor. And I follow her a second later, leaping through the hole. I flip around, staring up at the ceiling as I let myself fall, feeling the excitement pumping into my heart through my veins, waking me up and making me feel alive.

I grin madly as I finally let my wings out and twist around, barely missing the ground as I soar up, and slow down enough so I can land without breaking anything.

"Sooo" Iris says, barely missing a beat as I land next to her "It's probably going to be a bit of a hassle to get all of them...away from what they're doing, so if you're going to help me...we should probably split up, just to make this go a little faster"

What do I do?
[] Keep following her
[] Convince vera to go to the movie
[] convince alex
[] convince mizuki
[] convince Layla and Maria
[] pout
[] write in

>[] convince mizuki
>[] convince Layla and Maria

fuck it, lets go for the scary one.

>[] pout
>[] Convince vera to go to the movie

>Convince Vera
Lets talk to our helpful companion on all things animalistic and instinctual. What could happen there?

[] convince mizuki

>[] convince mizuki
>[] pout

>[] pout

Maybe it'll be a hunting movie!

"Yeah, we probably should" I say nodding as she starts to jog up the stairs as quickly as she can without arms "So who are you going to get, just think I need to know so we don't accidently ask the same person"

"Oh, well I'm going for alex, and well he has mom's stubbornness, so it'll probably take me awhile" She says, looking down at me from the walk ways along the walls "Since he's practically always doing some sort of "Work", So you probably don't have to worry about that"

"Oh" I say nodding, turning away as she runs into one of the halls "Okay"

Well, I don't really know anything about her other siblings...and her mom scares me...so I'll just have to go with Vera, the only who I actually "Know" more the others. Besides, she's sort of like me isn't she....now I just...need to find her room.

What do I do?
[] follow my nose 1d20+sense
[] just shout her name until she comes out
[] Ask one of the servants
[]Try to lay a trap for her
[] Wander around
[] write in

Rolled 19 (1d20)

>[] follow my nose 1d20+sense

Rolled 7 (1d20)

Animal instinct shall guide us!

>[]Try to lay a trap for her

Rolled 3 (1d20)

Rolled 17 (1d20)

>[] Ask one of the servants

Rolled 16 (1d20)

>[] Wander around

Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>[]Try to lay a trap for her
The key word here, is try. And lets try and make it a relatively harmless one.

Where is her room? I tilt my head as I stand in the middle of the hall, listening to one of the maid's slowly scrubbing the floor, cursing under her breath. I try my best to ignore her so I don't end up staring against my will again.

Well okay, what do I know about Vera? She likes to hunt, she really likes to hunt. So it makes sense for her to be on the ground floor right? But where? there's at least five different halls down here, and I'm pretty sure all of them branch off into guests rooms and storage.

I sigh and close my eyes. Well, maybe if treat this like a hunt, I can find her. And seeing as how...well feral she is, I'm guessing she usually follows her nose.
_
19+2= 21= success
_

I sniff the air, slowly walking along. First I smell soap, and chemicals. I wince, and turn away from the maid, and start walking a bit faster. And soon I smell blood but...most of this castle smells like blood. So I slow down, and take a little longer to take in the smell of it. I keep sniffing around until, I smell sweat and dirt mixing with in the pungent stench of freshly spilt blood.

Oh yeah that's....why did the floor just squish. I slowly open my eyes, fighting my way through hesitation.

"Aaah" I whimper as I see the carpet under me is practically a marsh of blood. I'm in one of the darker corridors, and this one...has no paintings or armor, or weapons.

Just heads tied to the walls, skins stretched out along it. I swallow my fear, and slowly walk down it, trying to not count the sword marks on the walls, and the old arrows stuck in the stones of the walls.

this whole place reeks of blood and old musty dirt. It's almost like she's marked her "territory" with everything she's killed, unlike her brother, or her sister. I keep walking, hearing my heat thudding in my chest, and the rug squishing under my feet
cont

I whimper, my wings wrapping around me as my skin dulls down to a boring and plain milky white.

This hall is pratically wrecked, except for a single door at the end of it, which besides some grass seeming to grow out of the sides of it, looks practically pristine.

Well it did, before I noticed the blood covering it.

Well that has to be it. I walk up the door, and knock on it.

And it swings open, and vera is staring down at me. I gasp, she's not wearing..oh wait she is, she's just so covered in blood I couldn't tell her clothes apart from her.

She blinks and smiles, wiping blood from her eyes.

"Oh" She says softly "Sorry demony, I was cleaning some deer, gutting them and such and...couldn't find my skinning knife.

I try not to look behind her, and I try even harder to ignore the ripped apart animals covered in ribbons of ruined fur.

"I used my teeth" She says laughing as her cat ears perk uo "Turns out, horrible idea, but it was fun so...er, yeah....want some?"

"Noooo" I say slowly shaking my head "I don't like raw meat...really?"

"Oh you just haven't tried it" She says grabbing my arm, blooding dripping down it as she pulls me into her room, which doesn't have anyfloor.

It's like she tore it out so she could sleep in grass. Which she probably did.

What do I do?
[] tell her about the move night
[] Shake my head
[] Turn the deer into something I like 1d20+potential
[] Whhhhhy
[] Mumble and blabber in panic
[] pull my arm free with my three other ones
[]write in

>[] tell her about the move night

>[] Whhhhhy
>[] Mumble and blabber in panic
Crazy sister is crazy. But it is adorable, so whatever. Changing into something will likely just get her to shove it down so...Time to eat raw deer I guess...

>[] Whhhhhy

Rolled 4 (1d20)

[] tell her about the move night
[] Shake my head
[] Turn the deer into something I like 1d20+potential
Cherry candy

Rolled 3 (1d20)

>[] Shake my head
>[] Turn the deer into something I like 1d20+potential

>[] Whhhhhy

I try and open my mouth to say something to try and stop her from doing this to me. But I can't seem to find the words, and my tongue isn't listening. It rolls out of my mouth, making it even harder to talk right as I start to panic and blabber, mumbling the few I manage to speak even somewhat clearly.

And Vera just thinks it's hilarious, as she practically shoves my head into some part of the mangled mess of the deer. Warm blood washes into my mouth and I stumble back, sputtering and gasping, trying to rub the taste off of my tongue.

"Huh" she says calmly, looking down at me, her ears twitching as her tail flicks back and forth "Guess you really didn't like it then, eh demony"

"I told you" I groan as I somehow manage to get back onto my feet "why did you have to do that?"

"Seemed fun?" She says, shrugging "Why did you come here anyways Demony?

"We're going to have a move night" I sigh, holding my tongue in my hand "I was trying to ask you if you wanted to come"

"Ooooh, sorry" She giggles, ruffling my hair, getting blood all over it as she skips past me "Guess I should've listened then...hey how bout I make it up to you"

What do I say"
[] How about no
[] can you help me get mizuki out of her room
[]...does it involve more raw deer?
[] Please no
[] Er...I think Iris could use some help with your twin
[] write in

>[]...does it involve more raw deer?
>[] can you help me get mizuki out of her room

>[] Er...I think Iris could use some help with your twin

>[] Please no

Just no more deer okay? Pretty sure raw meat can make you sick anyway.

I stare up at her as she grins happily, blood dripping down over her eyes and fangs again as she just keeps on smiling, her tailing flicking back and forth as I try not to look back at where I just managed to get my face out of. I'm going to regret this aren't I?

"Can you help me get mizuki out of here room?" I ask slowly, wincing as Vera smirks wickedly

"Big sis?" She asks, leaning towards me, licking her lips "Oh, she's easy, that's barely a favor, trust me, I already have a plan"

"Does it involve more raw deer?" I ask meekly

"No, Mizuki doesn't eat real food" Vera groans, sticking her tongue out "besides blood of course, no if we wanted to lure her out, we'd need to get her latest obsession for the bait...Or you could distract her and I just drag her out with some rope...or bribe her, honestly there's plenty we can do here...so want to do a spot of kidnapping?"

What do I say?
[] No
[]...no offense, but she's pretty big, how would you drag her anyways?
[] what would we bribe her with
[] You can...I don't want to get in trouble for that
[]Lets just try and convince her first okay
[] write in

>[]...no offense, but she's pretty big, how would you drag her anyways?
>[] what would we bribe her with

>[]Lets just try and convince her first okay

I don't manage to say anything as I follow her down the hallway, my mouth agape as I try to figure out how I'm supposed to react to her just plainly saying something like that out of the blood. And she walks backwards, looking down at me with the same smile as I try to figure out what to say to her, my tongue feeling a bit heavier than it usually is for some reason.

Yeah just going to ignore that, like anything else weird I used to see.

"No offense, but she's pretty big" I say slowly as we walk into the main hall sort of room "How would you drag her out anyways"

"With rope, I may not look it, but I am pretty strong" She says flexing...very unconvincingly as she smirks like a cat

"And she has a giant spider for half of her body" I say flatly as Vera frowns and twists around crossing her arms with a huff

"You may have a point there, Demony" she sighs as she starts hopping up the stairs "Besides practically everyone would get mad if I just pulled her into the room like that...and if I kidnapped that one girl for her, haaa"

"Well what could we bribe her with?" I ask as I try to keep up with the cat eared princess

"Sweets, pillows, anything from that one shop" She says, slowly rocking her head like the ticking of a clock "Blankets that aren't torn to pieces so easily...anything really"

"Lets just try and convince her first okay" I say as I feel something grab onto me and shriek.

Vera laughs and pulls some weird white stuff off of my arms

"Hey calm down, she just in a bit of a tantrum right now" She says, holding the stuff in front of her eyes "it's just webbing she put up to keep people away from her room"

And then I look down the hall, and see that it's covered in various sloppy spiderwebs, big enough to catch a man, let alone a little imp like me.

"Well come on" Vera purrs "One of us needs to do the convincing"
cont

What do I dO?
[] let vera do it
[] turn the webs into candy 1d20+potential
[] make a long stick to brush them out of the way 1d20+potential
[] try not to get caught in them 1d20+agility
[] Go and talk with Mizuki myself
[]go with Vera together
[] Ask vera if she could clear the webs away
[] write in

Rolled 9 (1d20)