Portable games

So today I and a bunch of other random people were stuck in school because of a sudden storm. Everyone was just sitting around so I thought it would have been awesome to have some game with me to play with people.

What game would you recommend that I can carry around every day just in case? It has to be very portable and easy to get into for people who don't play stuff like that but also not dumb for people who do.

Cthulhu Dark.

if you take anything more than a standard deck of playing cards for 'just in case' you are beyond saving sorry

I keep Boss Monster in my bag for just those kinds of occasions.

Bang! or Uno

Seconding the vote for Bang!

A deck of cards.

FATAL. It's the perfect game for playing with strangers.

>tg scolding people for wanting to play games other than standard card games
wew lad

Farkle. Really, any sort of dice game, cards always tend to be the go-to for everyone, but I think rollin bones is far more entertaining.

Well I sure as hell wouldn't want to play it with people I regularly interact with, so I guess that's right.

That looks sick as shit dude. I think I'll buy this one.

Everyone and their brother knows at least one card game...usually euchre. So it's a good bet at least three other people will have a deck.
Sitting in school with a bunch of randoms and pulling out "The God that Crawls" won't end well.

Arkham Horror. You'll need a second backpack.

>Boss Monster
I can see tits on the Gorgona! I can see tits on the Gorgona!

Surprised it took 7 posts for FATAL to be recommended.

I can easily recommend this.

The box is small, but you can even remove the components of the box (a few cards and a set of dice) and you can easily carry it around anywhere. Hell, if you memorize the 14 cards, you can easily recreate the game with some paper, a pen, and seven ordinary dice.

>Boss monster

As someone who owns it and regrets, don't waste your money. It's not that great. There's very little depth to it, but it has about 10 more rules than it needs to so that it can pretend it has depth, like the several descriptions of turn orders and EXACTLY how it plays out which NEVER will come up into play.

Would recommend you skip for something better. Even Dungeon Roll is a better game, and that company is a one-trick pony.

>Dungeon Roll
I hate that game so much because everyone thinks of that shit when I mention Dungeon Dice.

X-wing can be easy to pick up and you ould always run a furball scenario for fun

What the fuck is euchre?

Time Wizards. All you need is about 15 printed pages of rules, a lot of d6, and depending on the edition, alcohol.

Basic FATE/Fudge

I used to carry around a few GURPS Lite around in my backpack and 3d6 in a a clear d6. (GURPS is complicated, but it's simple enough to eyeball)

cthulhu dice, which is actually really dumb.

Paper and writing utensils for a quick homebrew

Everyone is john just needs a die and pen and paper. Paper can be shredded for tokens, people can write objectives on their phones, all you need is a solid plot hook.

>get John out of Saigon

Cthulhu 6th edition
Or
Love Letter

Classic Traveller, three black books, back in the day. Have a notebook with a half dozen pregen characters and a ship or two, and just run a merchant campaign of the random tables.

Of course, back then, pretty much everyone I knew was grognards, so I didn't have to explain anything.

I suppose you could do it today with Mongoose, but the books back then were digest sized, and didn't take up much space at all.

Risus can be slipped into a notebook fairly easily as its rules fit onto a single double-sided page. You'll need at least six six-sided dice though.

D6-lite.
>One page rules.
>Notebook and pencil
>One six sider
Play anygame from fantasy to Call of Cthulhu
Bam, have fun.
Pic related, the first rule set.

and before I forget: here is the non zombie, generic one.

It has such a great aesthetic but I, too was roped into buying the game purely on that. It's so bad.

As for pocket games, that's something of an obsession for me. I try to design games that fit within a box the size of a deck of cards or uno. Like a hex and chit skirmish game

Zombie In Your Pocket

It's free as well.