Leaf Ninja Quest #86

>This is a quest taking place in an alternate version of the Naruto world during the same time period as the story, with a few notable differences. You will be playing as Kon Karagowa, a young Leaf Jonin. Your character is defined by your choices, so write-ins are always encouraged. And remember to have fun!

>Quest Info:pastebin.com/ng7eKbdZ

>Previous threads:suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Leaf Ninja Quest

>Gaidens: pastebin.com/dyank8nq

Hype for 10/10!

Sorry to disappoint you, but I think it's a little late for that

HAHAHA RIP tenten

You're kind of out of it for the rest of the day. You acted in the heat of the moment earlier, and the ramifications of what you've done only just begin to set in later. It's quite a serious decision you've made.

As you come to terms with your choice, you spend the rest of your day with your family. Deikida is showing off her newly developed prototype hand cannon for general use.

"Katsuji, get over here!" she says, dragging the boy up front from his hiding spot. "I need you to demonstrate."

Deikida shoves the cannon into the nervous boy's hand, then puts him in position.

"This cannon of mine can be used even by a ninja this young!" Deikida boasts. "Just put your hand here, imbue the round with your explosion chakra and push it forward, then..."

Katsuji fires the cannon at Deikida's signal, blowing a target she had placed to smithereens. The boy falls backwards from the force of the blast, his eyes as wide as dinner plates.

"Voila! An attack that could best a Jonin, from a mere genin, with almost no training required!" Deikida bows as the family applauds. "A clear choice to made the Bakutsugi standard weapon."

The family fawns over Deikida's creation, each one trying to get a shot with it. But eventually night falls, and everyone goes to sleep. It takes you a bit longer than usual with all the thoughts in your head, but you manage.

>Continued

Sadly not, user. Last thread was filled with Kurofags, and now we're locked with Kuro. I wanted to at least talk to Ten-ten, but user's didn't want to.

The next morning, you head out with the family to the inauguration. Near every Stone ninja is in attendance, and you feel a bit out of place as the only shinobi of another village.

The ceremony begins, and Onoki makes his speech. Like Itachi's speeches, the Tsuchikage touches on the village's belief several times. The Will of Stone. Standing firm in your beliefs, having an unyielding spirit. Eventually, he turns the Kage hat over to his granddaughter and steps back.

"It is an honor to be chosen as the Fourth Tsuchikage." Kurotsuchi begins. "I have some big shoes to fill. My grandfather has been leading this village for over five decades, keeping us strong. I can only hope to match his dedication. I know the road ahead will be difficult. The world is changing. But I must become a pillar of strength for this village. So long as I stand firm, it cannot be toppled. However, it is also my belief that a single pillar alone is not enough. We must reach out and make connections. I want to extend my hand to the other villages, and together hold us all up. This war has proven that we can put our differences aside. And we'll be stronger for it. I will work as hard as it takes to make sure the Stone prospers. Whether that means defending the village, or cementing its relations with others. I want our village to be supported not by a single pillar, but by an entire foundation of bedrock. Only then will we be assured to weather anything to come our way."

Kurotsuchi's speech goes on for a bit longer, and she's met by thunderous applause when she finishes. Once everything is over and she's left, Katsuki turns to you.

"She'll do great, I'm sure." he laughs. "Sorry if you wanted to see her again, but I imagine she'll be super busy for a while. You'll probably have to wait. So what are you gonna do now? Stay and relax for a while, or are you moving on?"

>A.I'll stick around

>B.I'm headed home

>C.I wanted to travel somewhere else while I have time (Specify)

>D.Other

>>B.I'm headed home

As I understand it we've basically ended up as kuro's concubine, since we can't offcially marry her but are still encouraged to sire heirs. With the situation being that weird, who knows maybe we get both, 10/10 as official leaf village waifu with frequent visits to Kuro via 10/10's teleporting. I don't even know anymore.

>>A.I'll stick around
Let's meet with Roshi. Maybe express our idea to travel around I feel like he would be a good companion. Maybe we can create that fire controlling jutsu with his help.

>B.I'm headed home

Maybe pop in briefly to say congratulations and that we'll be back, if she's way too buys leave a note with the same sentiment.

We're her official unofficial husbando. Officially no, but everyone knows it and nobody really cares.

>>A.I'll stick around

Ooh, i like that. Seconded.

>>A.I'll stick around

We are pretty much her husband in every way that matters user.

Stop trying to go for both.

>B.I'm headed home

>>B.I'm headed home
I've got alot of explaining to do. So whos ready to get chewed out?

The Elders? I think they'll be okay with it. Should of talked to them first though.

Cmon this is a cool idea

>D.Other
Engage wandering sage mode

We just played a very important role in saving the world. If they want to get all up in our business after that they can fuck right off.

>A.I'll stick around

Like I said they'll most likely be okay with it.

You consider returning home, but get the idea to meet with Roshi.

"I'll stick around for a bit longer." you tell your uncle. "There's someone I still want to meet."

You ask your uncle where you might be able to find Roshi, but he doesn't know. He points you to Han and tells you that he should be able to get you to him.

Following your uncle's directions, you find Han outside the ninja academy, a bunch of little kids wailing on him.

"No, you'll never hurt anyone with that form!" Han scolds a boy, before taking a stance. "Like this! Taijutsu is one of the most fundamental aspects of being a ninja, no slacking off, now! Come on, hit me again!"

Han's words are stern, but as the kids go back to wailing on him, you can see him crack a smile. Once he catches sight of you, he lifts the kids that were attacking him out of the way and puts them on his shoulders.

"Hey Kon." Han greets you. "Been a while. Good to see you doing well."

You inquire about Roshi, only for Han to turn to the roof.

"Roshi, get down from there!" he shouts. "We've got a visitor!"

After a few moments, Roshi leaps down from the top of the building, taking place next to Han.

"Didn't get a chance to see you during the war, Kon." Roshi says. "I hear you did a lot, though. Good job."

>A.Tell Roshi about Son Goku

>B.Ask to train together

>C.Say something else (Write-in)

>D.Talk to Han (Write-in)

>E.Other

>B.Ask to train together

We may have to explain that shit though, it does look abit like in the fires of passion and heat of the moment we did it. Plus ain't the Elders Danzo's old warhalk buddies?

If you count each potential world-ending as a separate event instead of part of a larger "Fourth Ninja War" main header, then Kon's contribution amounts to saving the world roughly twice.

>>A.Tell Roshi about Son Goku
>>B.Ask to train together

"So, you know, if you ever want to visit him, I can set that up."

>>C.Say something else (Write-in)
I've been thinking about doing some traveling and improving myself as a ninja. Do you think you'd like to join me on a journey across the different lands? We could even create that flame control technique we talked about a while back.

Then we can 'explain' to the elders that this is a personal matter dealing with our own happiness, and that they can, again, fuck right off.

Errands already. Sorry guys, back in a bit

Well, sort of, but unlike him they're not crazy when it comes to the "the village's good matters more than the individual's". I think they'll see the benefit in having the ties to another village that this will create.

This is a new record, damn Laze.

...your gonna tell the Elders...to fuck off and your excuse is going to be "im doing this for me", i'm not joking when I say this may very well get us killed. Also whats itachi gonna think of all this? Hell we just gave the stone a badass bloodline and didnt even bargin for something in exchange! We know most of the Tailed Beasts are scattered again so bloodlines are more important than ever! We should at least get the Leaf something for it, they have a bloodline drain and now no demons, they need us.

In any case I think we better get a speech ready, shits gonna be heavy. Ima start writing it now.

Let's just see what they have to say first instead of speculating or jumping to conclusions.

We just saved the motherfucking world. I don't think you're understanding how gratitude is supposed to work.

They're probably gonna tell us to knock up a chick from the leaf cuz bruh we need dem fuken impact kids on the leaf bruh

The Leaf still has a demon. We're one of the few people who still do. It's us, Cloud, and Waterfall. And Waterfall's such a minor player that even with Chomei they're not much of a threat. Also, Leaf still has an intact Uchiha clan in this timeline, and a Hyuuga clan that's going to be growing in strength as the division between Main and Branch Houses is slowly dissolved. We're doing pretty well. Plus, there's no guarantee that our bloodline will even be inheritable. In fact, given that Kurotsuchi also has a strong elemental bloodline, it's unlikely that the mix of Wind/Lightning needed to get Impact would exist in any children of ours. It's not too bad a situation.

Now, that doesn't mean I support the "fuck off, elders, this is our life" plan. That is still very stupid to show them disrespect like that. It's out of character for someone as loyal as Kon is, and likely to get us in a whole heap of trouble that will splash back onto our friends. Not something we want. But I do think we can swing it to them without too much trouble. Emphasize the diplomatic benefits of having the Tsuchikage's ear like that, point out that it gives the future Tsuchikage (as Kurotsuchi's heir is likely to one day be) incentive to support Konoha due to having family there, and how it may also allow us to gain access to some of Iwa's resources for our own use.

....but we're a Ninja, thats our job. Remember what Shisui taught Itachi? the whole you do it for the village not yourself or glory? The more we try to make this about us and brag about saving the world the worse this will get.

What this guy said.

pretty much this

100% behind this plan

We did do it for our village, not for ourself. Now we're taking what small happiness we can after rendering vital service to the Leaf.

Yeah thats what i' thinking here are the Pros and Cons i've gathered so far to explain things

>Pros
-Tsuchikages Ear
-Strongest Alliance possible
-Get something of similar worth to our bloodline from the stone in exchange
-Now we have the Sand/Leaf/Stone Triplicate, along with the Sound and Waterfall! THE WESTERN NINJA TRIPLICATE RISES
-We can redeploy many assets to the other boarders now and we control the entire central continent.
-Best of all the Leaf can all but call the shots in this alliance.

>Cons
-Stone gets a chance at bloodline (very minor worry)
-Unruly A may get butthurt by our epic alliance.

>Not giving everything you posses to the leaf
Uwotm8

>Shitting on people who hugely help you out for no reason

Y'all dumb.

Ok we should just stick this list in their face if they ask us why we did it. Throw in a loyalty speech and we all good.

You forgot the fact we get to give Mei the finger and say told you so.

Fella's I think we should approach Itachi alone first and explain to him whats going on, I think its better than springing it on him in the office.

You had had the idea of traveling around for a while, and Roshi may be decent company.

"Roshi, I wanted to know if you'd be willing to train together for a while." you explain. "Maybe even travel around and see the world as we do. In fact, we could stop at Kakazan. Son Goku returned to his cave there, and he said he'd like for you to come visit."

"Journey with you, eh?" Roshi closes his eyes and rubs his beard. "Well, you're a decent kid. And I wanted to go see Son Goku again if I could. Alright, fine. But it might take a bit of time to get free for something like this. If I get to it, I might be able to join you in a month or two. Things are kind of tight right now, as you'd imagine. But after that, I don't have a problem. Might even help me develop myself as well."

"About time you got out to do something." Han chuckles. "This guy has just been sitting around moping. I think a trip like that will do him good."

>A.Talk to Roshi more (Write-in)

>B.Talk to Han (Write-in)

>C.Go back to your family again

>D.Leave the village to go home

>E.Head off somewhere else (Specify)

>F.Other

Fo sho.

>>C.Go back to your family again
Tell them the good news.
Then
>>D.Leave the village to go home

>F
Say our goodbyes and get going

We gotta talk to Itachi about this first before we spring it on the Elders etc, get the Hokage on board first, hopefully he won't purge us for thinkin with our Heart over our heart...ironic in a way.

>Itachi planned this from the start.
>Best Hokage confirmed.

This
I dont think we should say yet...wait for it to be locked and the termoil calmed

>F.Other
Give Kurotsuchi a kiss good bye first, though. And less affectionate farewells to our family, too.

Holy Fuck, The Leaf Village is a powerhouse in this AU.

If there's anyone else I'd want to bring on this journey it'd have to be Omoi. I think we need a better relationship with the cloud and I've always been interested in him as a character. Also black guy

She's busy bro, besides she has official duties for the first few days/week

Something like this, leave low key, A leaf nin being about is already weird.

> Itachi was the master of the greatest keikaku ever all this time.

I'm willing to believe that.

I'll back this.

I asume you mean Heart over our "head" but yeah I think this should be us.

You chat a bit longer with Han and Roshi, then say goodbye. It's about time for you to return home.

You swing by the Tsuchikage's office to try and get in a quick farewell, but the place is packed, and the best you manage is to wave goodbye to each other. It will have to do.

You stop at the Bakutsugi compound again, and say goodbye to everyone while promising to return again soon. They wish you luck, and you head off.

After a few day's travel, you find yourself back in the Leaf once more, though your time should still be your own.

>A.Go home and relax

>B.Go to the Hokage's office

>C.Go see somebody (Specify)

>D.Other

>>B.Go to the Hokage's office

I did a thing.

>B. See Boss Man.
"We need to talk."

Oops.

Lets get this shit over with

With Itachi first

Open up with the phrase "Can we chat in private...I may have just jumped the gun".

Pretty much this. Start on the Sorry Boss I think I fucked up route to show we are aware we "may" have done something wrong rather than willful disobidiance.

>.Go to the Hokage's office

Easier to say sorry then ask for permission.

"Hey, so, hypothetically, how much shit would I be in if I just got engaged in a common law marriage to the Tsuchikage? The new one, the pretty girl, not the old guy."

bad habit our ours aint it, act first then do the paperwork. So long as we really push the "Have I ever let you down" angle we may be ok.

>Inb4
>Itachi: "Took you long enough."

If he is cool with it, Theory confirmed.

He probably will say something like this, regardless of whether he chews us out or not. Itachi like his deadpan.

Guys... Since the first hokage gave us that amazing chakra control power up does that mean we have perfect safe mode now?

It wasn't a permanent boost.

Probably not. It was mostly temporary even if we've retained some permanent gains. Still, we have our Impact Sage Cloak, and that's better than normal Sage Mode. It's less that we've never mastered senjutsu and more that we've gone off on our tangent based on its principles. We've made our own apotheosis.

But it did give us a minor boost

"I didn't need my sharingan eyes to see that she was lusting for you like Anko does food."

>inb4 Itachi says he's not angry, he'll just look down and sigh "Im just disappointed"

Kon Karagowa is a loose cannon shinobi, on the edge of the will of fire!

He shoots kunais into mob bosses first and asks questions later.

Tenten's gonna be there, isn't she.

Every girl who liked us willl be there.

>Itachi sees Kon as Shisui
>Hearing Itachi say that makes Kon depressed as fuck

I swear thats gonna bite us in the ass someday and when we are confronted Kon will be like "I killed who? Whats a Gato? its a food right"
I mean in canon Zabuza did it so no one to blame since he died, but in the AU a Leaf nin did it...

>Boss was a Kon x Tenten shipper.

So just Tenten and Kuro then? How'd she get here before us?

You need to go see the Hokage. You have a lot you need to talk about.

You make your way to his office, and find the elders, Homura and Koharu inside. Just the two people you didn't want to see yet. You also see Sasuke within, talking to his brother.

"Are you sure you want to get back to work already?" the Hokage asks. "Neji adamantly refused to rest as well, but I forced him to take a break. I don't want you over working yourself."

"It's fine." Sasuke insists. You see that he's started to let some of his bangs fall in front of his left eye, probably to block his Rinnegan. "I'll be much more relaxed out doing missions, I think. It's not like there's anything crazy going on right now, anyway."

"I suppose." Itachi replies. "Alright. I'll get something together for you by tomorrow."

Sasuke thanks his brother, then greets you briefly on his way out. You enter, then address the Hokage.

"Lord Itachi, can I have a word with you?" you ask. "In private?"

Itachi nods to the elders, who leave the room.

As Itachi waits for you to speak, you catch his gaze. Only one of his eyes works now, but his stare still pierces through your heart like a cold spike of ice. You've seen him make this gaze before, but never at you. It disturbs you.

"Well, Kon?" the Sixth asks, his voice as stoic as ever. "Care to explain yourself?"

>Write-in

>Write-in
I asked Kurotsuchi to marry me. But since she was going to be and now is the new Tsuchikage I had to make concessions with their Elders, which I accepted. Forgot to ask you about it though, wasn't really thinking.

>Explain the current arrangement.

Pretty much something like and while trying to not look like a giant prick

On a side note, Itachi got kinda fucked because of the war huh

My Lord have I ever let you down? Have I ever before given you reason to doubt me or my loyalty. I took an opportunity to increase the Leaf's standing with the stone than ever before, with our closeness to the stone and now this the entire western boarder is secure from unaligned greater nations, By doing this we are trading a “chance” at my bloodline for the most secure alliance we can get, a direct connection to the Tsuchikage, freed up a large amount of man power and finally given our angle the Leaf is now at the head of a forming Superstate. On the side of my bloodline, we will be able to bargain with it, the Stone has tipped their hand admitting to a talent drain, they need this so we can get something out of them for it. I am a Leaf Ninja, I will always be one, I will die one. Have I ever failed you before Itachi?

Pretty sure that covers all we mentioned in

"I...might have gotten...a little excited. Also, Kurotsuchi is the new Tsuchikage...the Iwa elders say that, due to her position, marriage is off the table. For now, at least. But they are more than willing to accommodate a relationship, and won't pressure her to marry for political reasons. I think...Kuro and I are both okay with this. But I, uhm...I got all excited and mighta run off before uhm...checking with you...you know this...uh..."
>Maximum spaghetti

But sir its
>Current Year

but seriously
this sums it up. Maybe do add that we are really sorry we acted to fast, we know we fucked up, and holy shit word travels fast.

I was thinking with my dick sir.

Sorry.