Would you play in a tank RPG, Veeky Forums?

Would you play in a tank RPG, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/product/144522/Hell-on-Treads
a.pomf.cat/hlnbdb.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sure would.

Only War?

Definitely. I'd love to play an RPG in which all the PCs are the crew of a WWII tank and the game centres around exploring, mostly in isolation, a ruined world slowly being reclaimed by nature.

drivethrurpg.com/product/144522/Hell-on-Treads

Why yes I would.

Do I get to play as the tank?

"OK, we got three gunners, two commanders, a driver who wants to be a gunner 'when a slot opens up', a sniper--yes, Eric, I know this isn't an 'infantry game', but Kevin insisted--and a radio operator. Sorry, Matt, but that's as close to 'electronic warefare officer' as were going to get in WWII."
"OK, look, somebody here has to step up and play the loader."

So you got 8 men on a 5 man tank? Two undermanned tanks can be played better than an overcrowded one IMO, as you can introduce fatigue rolls and get them to multitask, aka "Don't ask me what to do, man, I just load the gun!".
Unless the tank in question is a Banablade, where you'd be short by 15 men or something.

fuck that I'mma be the loader. LOADER STRONK.

Nah, play a theoretical WW3 game with the players as a USSR Tank crew and give them a T-64, it has an automatic loader.

With no guard rails.

So, sometimes it will try to load the Tank Commander, this is bad, the Penetration and Range on a Russian Tank Cammander is historically not great.

Unless you're Zhukov. It which case you can penetrate all the way to the Fatherland.

Not really. It would blow up in my face.

Yeah, actually, my first character was a--
Oh. That kind of tank.
Hell yes I would.

8 isn't a stretch for an M3 Lee/Grant.

Play two tanks and have the loader as an npc. Loading is boring and woudnt have much interaction or alternatively the loader also controls the radio.

I would be SO up for that, almsot to the point of "the details don't matter"

Yeah, not quite. The Lee had 7 men, and I fail to see how you could squeeze in an 8, never mind what the hell he'd be doing. Of course, you could go with a 4-man tank crew and 4 tank riders (close-in infantry support (which wasn't just a russian concept)... or 2 tanks, as has been suggested.

just throwing a idea here, why not play as the entire crew when fighting or traveling in tank and play as the comander outside it?

that way the players get to use a tank and not just roll for how well they use the radio or load, while the comander the gunner and the driver have fun

How is this game? I heard it had good rules for playing as the crew of a single tank, rather than the squadron based stuff other games have.

only if my crew consists of Usagi Team or Hippo Team. Leopon Team is easy mode.

I'd be willing to go for the main team of Continuation HS as well.

a.pomf.cat/hlnbdb.webm
Witnessed

Only if it's a post apocalyptic setting with late '30s technology and slavic-european nomadic tribes with land battleships that cross the european desert wastelands and the great mediterranean salt plains

8 works if it's a WW1 Whippet-style british tank; these things had ridiculous crewing requirements.

Girls und Panzer is probably one of the best action anime I've ever watched (while being also one of teh silliest), and when I started it I didn't even expect to watch it till the end.

>a.pomf.cat/hlnbdb.webm
What the fuck am I watching?

Cray-awesome finn-inspired japansese schoolgirls in a BT-42?

Is that from one of the OVA? Don't remember it from what I saw

Movie

oh right, I need to watch that soon

bump
also wish to know