Heavy Gear Plastics

A couple updates have gone down. The final test plastics are pretty much done being approved by DP9. What's next is they are getting the production run of plastics needed for all the backers ordered, and these minis are getting sent off to their painters for box art.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wv4AVLGFEZs
youtu.be/wO-AwhfQRa8
youtu.be/9Uq-OIbYVjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They look worse than I thought. God damn it, DP9...

How big are those quads? What base do they use?

those mini bots are pretty adorable

thanks for the update, dude

They at least look better.

And that's all I have. Here is a picture for so he can get an idea of scale. The official scale of Heavy Gear is 15mm, but the caprice mounts don't use bases as far as I can tell.

It's not 15mm, it's 12mm or 1/144 scale.

Oh, right. Well I know 15mm buildings and terrain is generally easier to find and works just fine with it.

Looks like they could fit on 60mm bases. 80mm at least.

As someone who hasn't played Heavy Gears since they had computer games, is this plastic upgrade of the existing minis? Will there be a starter set? I wouldn't mind a little mech action game. 15mm scale infantry, vehicles and terrain is easy enough to get.

The plastic minis were made for the starter set that'll come out once the kickstarter stuff is done IIRC

The plastics are not upgrades to the metals. They are their own complete kits, also including several weapon and equipment options. Fairly versatile kits.

But they are not available for retail yet. This is to show them commissioning the molds for production. They said they plan on getting the kickstarter backers (who funded the plastics molds) their rewards in july, and then they will open up the plastic kits for retail near the end of this year.

To get an idea how the game plays, here are a couple lets play and battle report videos of this latest edition. Which is looking pretty solid and simple.

youtu.be/wv4AVLGFEZs
youtu.be/wO-AwhfQRa8
youtu.be/9Uq-OIbYVjs

>The plastics are not upgrades to the metals. They are their own complete kits, also including several weapon and equipment options.

So the metal kits aren't going anywhere? Are these different units from the ones in metal or what?

As far as I know, the metals aren't going anywhere. They will still be selling them. All options that you can make with the plastic kits will also be available in metal, but not all metal options will be available in plastics. There are several gears that are not part of this plastics run, but possibly will be part of future runs if the plastics sell well enough.

shameless bump

Decent enough for 1996. Embarassingly bad for 2016. DP9 should of budgeted for Renedra or similar high end plastic mold makers. I still can't believe how bad these are. Holy shit.

Theyre a company with this being their first foray into plastics. Nobody on staff has worked with making plastic molds before. Most other companies that do well in making good plastics have someone who has been doing it for quite some time.

Even PP is just barely starting to get the hang of it and how long have they been doing it?

I thought this wasn't the production model yet, just something they made to get approval for (like overall construction and style). I remember seeing plastic kits that were still being worked on looking less detailed than the finished product.

These are the final product. As in this is what the minis will look like when they go to full production. These are the test pops that came out of the final steel molds.

I like the retro/gundam style but the actual detail and quality of the minis are very good for their size.

When are they selling the kits?

Ok. OP sounded like the production ones are yet to come.

see

>The top of those arms
How do they screw that up when even tiny companies like Northstar can get it right? I like the overall designs more than Battletech though, will see how much these cost.

They are. This just shows exactly like what the final product will look like when they get produced.

The way it works is the mold making company cuts the molds, then does a couple test injections and sends them to the client. The client then inspects them and notifies the company of anything they dont like and what they need to fix. The molds then get fixed, then a couple more test spues are made and they get sent to the client, and so on.

What these are are the final test sprues sent to the client, and now the client has notified the company that there are no flaws and they can go ahead and send the molds to the producers.

Are details included in these test moulds? I mean, on a multi-part kit you'd think testing how the kit comes off the sprues, fits together, etc. is more important for testing then surface details, which do not affect anything other than looks. There's no point in having the mould made with all the details, if the kit itself doesn't perform well and you have to fix it or redo it. Once the client is happy with how the kit comes and goes together, then you can finalize surface details.

Issues with fitting and stuff are taken care of when the client inspects the test pops and sends the issues back to the mold makers and the mold makers correct the molds.

What I am saying is do not expect the final product to be any different from what is pictured above.

And I'm OP

Love heavy gear, the new living rule book is fucking great. can't find any one to play the goddamn game with though.

>It's okay to be terrible at your job.

I don't know where you come from, but it really isn't.

Damn, the detail looks pretty lacking on most of those. Come on, DP9, I really want to like this, but you're ruining it for me.

Sure, sure, I'm just saying the OP text made it sound like these were the final approved test models and the production models were coming and those would be going off to get painted to make box covers, etc.

Either way, I just hope to get some more cheap plastic crack. There's still room in my house.

jesus, those are looking sad, especially considering they're robots.

Wow, am I the only one that thinks these look good and is excited about the kickstarter?

I'm bummed out I didn't get in on the kickstarter but the new plastics don't really excite me for some reason..
maybe once I see them painted I'll change my tune.