Arms and Armor Thread

Heaviest of Metal Edition

>IRL jousting.

Did he blind?

>tfw you end him rightly

i have a question: in hot , dry climate , and longer travels with limited availabillty of horses, what kind of protective equipment would be the best option?

Lamellar or stuff used by Mediterranean cultures

Is some of that mail brass? Pretty

>Tfw you drop your spear while unthreading your pommel
>drop your pommel while bending over for spear
>trip over your spear after trying to catch your pommel
>a bit of Nan's lamprey pie falls out from where I had it between my tassets and breeches
>ride home in shame
REMOVE THIS POSTHASTE

>threaded pommel
brb vomiting

A proper kill

I assume it's threaded, I could be wrong, I'm just not aware of any other type of pommel that you could take off and then throw at someone.

i heard chainmail with thin cloth over it works like a radiator and cools you down , thats why the crusaders wore it

Posting a few things I have.

Personal favorite.

And finish with some Bronze Age goodness.

What's the most intimidating looking armor you've ever seen?

>*tips visor*

Film-wise

What is that slot in the chest there?
Is that made that way for some reason, or is that battle damage?

It's a jousting armor.

that's where the hook for the lance would go to rest it on

>hot
>dry
>longer travels

Fighting someplace where you have more to gain would be a good start.

I'm gonna use that armour for a villain in my current campaign. Thanks mate!

That is the worst kind of helmet you can wear to joust. Christ, I hope he didn't get impaled in the face.

>no gorget
Pleb detected.

Jesus. Was he facing the Mountain?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that sort of helm typically reserved for cavalry? Granted, they may be dismounted, but the halberd was also typically an infantry weapon, right? I dunno, it just looks a bit odd to me.

Thats Toby Capwell. He survived almost unscratched.

It doens't change the fact that I still can't understand how actual hard-wood jousters still wear fucking sallets on the tilt... Renfair show retards have an excuse of not being real, but really, folks like Toby fucking KNOW BETTER.

And he's not the only one! pic related

There are examples of dueling swords with them, just for this purpose. Mind you, its terribly expensive when you have to hand tap and die cut a thread.

Acclimation to the harness and linen being amazing at breathing and evaporating.

I think you mean bevor. He is wearing a maille standard around his neck, which is a leather collar supporting a maille covering.

Nope. Burgeonets with falling buffes were used by all sorts.

Aaand the pic never loaded...

Serriously. These are fucking professional historians and medieval sportsmen with multiple harness worth more than my car, and they still joust in fucking combat helmets and wonder what went wrong.

Jousting Sallets were a thing. Just they had an extra reinforcement connected to the bevor in the form of an extra breastplate/shield and you couldn't fucking move in them.

But jousting with a normal sallet like that is just insane. That's asking to die like Charles II of France.

I need pics of what kind of weapons/armour/outfits officers from the Tudor to early thirty years war period might have so about 1570 to 1620.

Any country will do but specifically after Irish/English/Scottish and Spanish leaders/officers.

Have checked the historical general.

Pic related

Woops, here's the pic.

I suppose.

that's what i'm talking about thank you.

I havent even gotten to the good stuff!

yesssss

>Ah, fuck, someone noticed that I'm fat Billy Connolly

Did they use their mails as a kettle, or why is that so wored?

Bumping with some good ol' Angus McBride.

While I'm here, does any know if there are specific names for the parts of a thorax/linothorax - does shoulder pad/back plate fucking things, in particular?

>does any know if there are specific names for the parts of a thorax/linothorax

Well, some people still question whether or not the linothorax was even a thing, it doesn't really have a clearly agreed upon design, so no.

Interesting, never actually seen a recreation of the arm parts.

>hnnng
Makes me want to repell some turks

don't you meant Henry II of France?