Shinobi Quest #8

Shinobi Quest #8

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Team 7 had a fateful confrontation with one of the former Seven Swordsman of the Mist, Raiga Kurosuki. After dispatching his minions, the Kurosuki Family, our intrepid team decided to backup their sensei, who was embroiled in a fight with Raiga. While at first the fight seemed to be going well, Raiga regularly displayed abilities the girls simply were not ready for, or could not predict. As a result, Ebisu took a devastating wound from Raiga’s Lightning Dragon Tornado; an attack intended for Hinata. After apologising to Tsuki, and imploring her to find her teammates and take care of them, Ebisu used a power self-destruction technique to make sure Raiga was defeated.

Despite the overwhelming sadness, Tsuki took charge, and the remaining Team 7 Genin took the necessary actions to complete the mission. After a brief chat with the Hokage, Tsuki met up with Hinata, who finally released her emotions.

We rejoin Tsuki a few days later, as a man has arrived at her abode…

You’ve been dreaming of storms, as of late. Flashing lightning, blistering wind. The roar of thunder…

Driving, continuous rain.

Raiga was dead. You knew that.

You weren’t even scared, really. That’s not what the dreams meant to you.

Hopefully, talking to Guy sensei will relieve you, somewhat. You assume the loud voice downstairs is him- it’s incredibly boisterous, carrying all the way from the foyer into your bedroom.

It’s also 6 am.

His knocking woke you- and the calling for “Ebisu’s fine young ward” to come and see him.

This will certainly be interesting…

You…

1. Get dressed, and go meet him.
2. Make him wait. It’s 6 in the morning!
3. Have him meet you in your room instead.

>Get dressed, and go meet him

>1. Get dressed, and go meet him.
Always greet a guest in your home.

Somber and subdued, but classy and refined. We are may be in mourning, but that doesnt mean we have to be a slob.

>2. Make him wait. It’s 6 in the morning!

1. Get dressed, and go meet him.
Apoligise for my tardiness I've not been sleeping well of late you understand (bring the headband to give guy because they were on a genin team together, glasses our ours, keep it tucked away for the moment)

1. Get dressed, and go meet him

'Sup wargle?

Of course sleepyanon wants to stay in bed longer.

>3. Have him meet you in your room instead.

We are a polite princess!

>classic Sleepy

Meet the guest in the foyer. Even in the sad times.

Writing.

Reminder

Never done this b4, pls no bully

thank you for this tribute user

the sins of our dice....

What sins? Tsuki did nothing wrong.

Not tsuki's sins. Your specific sins, user. He knew what you did.

So Tsuki started crying hard at the end of last thread once Hinata hugged her let loose the wetworks right?

It seemed like it was appropriate timing to let it out.

we all know what you did user, we see you.

You decide to get this over with- you were the one who sent for him, after all.

Getting up, you decide on something simple, but elegant. From what you knew of the man, Might Guy wasn’t someone who cared much for fashion, anyway.

You also take Ebisu-sensei’s forehead protector with you, although you aren’t sure if you wish to give it to Guy or not.

After dressing, you head down the central stair into the foyer. Standing there are two men- almost clones of one another. Bowl cuts of black hair, with similar green dress. The smaller one’s eyebrows are very striking. Lee, you recognize- an academy classmate. Looks like he got a haircut to match his teacher’s.
They both turn to you as you descend-

“Ah, young mistress Tsuki! I was told that you requested my presence immediately! A hero must always respond to the requests of a young lady in need!

It is I, Might Guy! Konoha’s Sublime Green Beast of Prey! Keeper of the eternally burning fires of youthly passion!”

He poses.

“Next to me is my prodigal student, Rock Lee! Although we have only been together a short time, he has learned much!”

“H-hello, Mistress Tsuki! It is nice to see you again!

Lee is also posing.

These two are a bit much for you right now…

You…

1. Respond in kind, with similar levels of enthusiasm
2. Get to the point, it’s too early for this silliness.
3. Hand him Sensei’s forehead protector, quietly.

Rolled 3, 7, 3, 2, 10, 6, 3, 8, 2, 3 = 47 (10d10)

;_;
Ignore the rolls. Just testing

So I asked Wargle on Twitter about this.

When/If Tsuki chooses or is chosen to lead the new cell of ROOT, should it be called Blue Sun?

Or will her bingo book name be like Konoha's Blue Sun?

This is great, user.

I'm a horrible person.

>3 Hand him Sensei’s forehead protector, quietly.
Quiet dignity and composure.

>3. Hand him Sensei’s forehead protector, quietly.

Apologize for not being able to help save him.

>2. Get to the point, it’s too early for this silliness.

Completiment Lee on his nice posing though

How about "Konoha's Full Moons"?

I'm sorry Guy but as you know I was the student of Ebisu, look down. He asked me to tell you something, he said your father has been avenged, land him the headband notably holding back tears. Say we are sorry we could not save him and tell him what happened/how he went.

Same intensity, different emotion. Burst into tears.

You are a genius user. I support it.

"Were it any other situation I would outshine you both with my charm and natural beauty. I wish to talk to you about Ebisu."

> Respond in king, with similar enthusiasm, and pose, and then try not to cry, but cry a lot

Why not Blue Moon?

...They see us standing alone...

3. Hand him Sensei’s forehead protector, quietly.

Seconding We did hold them back a lot earlier for being professional, but this isn't professional

"I'm sorry. It was supposed to be a simple mission."

Too flat, the name needs heft, impact, weight.

3. Quiet dignity.

Writing.

The Azure Moon Princess of Konoha!

how many more words can we fit into this title?

So, Wargle, you always meant for us to get the swords, right? Bit of an OP thing to get as a fucking genin. If I were kage I wouldn't let a babby leaf ninja touch that shit.

The Radiant Azure Moon Princess of Mighty Konoha!

We need to name our release the way Minato names his jutsu.

we don't actually have them. We gave them to the 4th until we are old enough and strong enough to properly use them.

Blue Sun fits our release more than Blue Moon.

Its just a sword. With out training it is no different than any other chakra conducting weapon save for its history.

Boys, this needs to go all the way. Introduction monologue!

Super Blazing Blue Sky Fire Stars Mark 9? (its just phoenix flower jutsu with our blue flames)

>blue moon
>too flat
>two moons
>heft
>weight

Random thought: Kiba is going to be badass as hell with our unique release. We really need to tell Danzo we must learn how to sword gud.

Blue sun, is the name of a merc group in both firefly and mass effect. Our release is blue fire, and is probably going to be named sun release or plasma release. Blue sun is a solid name.

Moon...mune...tits.

> Behold! The Radiant Azure Moon Princess of Mighty Konoha! Wielder of the greatest release known to ladykind - the Great Blue Moon Dragon Release!
Best I can do at the moment.

Of the something and mighty konoha

>Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...Fire!

>is the name of a merc group in both firefly

Might be the name of the secret assassins that show up in Firefly, too.

One reason why I chose it.

Too much of a mouthful.

>> Behold! You stand before the Radiant Azure Moon Princess of Mighty Konoha! Wielder of the greatest release known to ladykind, indeed all kunoichi - the Dazzling Blue Moon Dragon Super Release! Bast in my Radiant Majesty

We're trying to see how many words we can smash into a title. Mouthful is the POINT

Repeated radiant, see me after class.

How about we do both, make a short and easy to say acronym that expands out into more acronyms that also expand, until the full title takes several minutes to say.

Ah okay.

I'm doing two other things while reading this thread, so I missed the context.

My mistake.

The two of them are so happy… You hate to have to ruin their day like this…

You hold back the tears- you’ve cried enough over the last few days.

You pull out his forehead protector- still scorched and slightly warped from Ebisu-sensei’s final technique.

Head downcast, you extend it outward with both hands.

“I’m sorry. It was supposed to be a simple mission.” you start.

Guy and Lee both stop smiling, and look down at what is in your hands.
“He told me to tell you… that he avenged your father. Raiga Kurosaki of the Seven Swordsman of the Mist is dead.”

You expect shock- or maybe anger, from Ebisu’s former teammate. Instead, you feel a reassuring hand on your shoulder.

Although he is crying, you can see that he’s standing strong as well.

“Ebisu’s flame of youth has gone out…. But lives on in you three. Remember that, Tsuki.” he says, his voice emptier of emotion than you could have imagined.

“I always told him to put the past behind him- That my father had sacrificed his life so that our flames could flourish. I know he didn’t go seeking the danger… but it touches me that even after all this time, he felt it necessary to take what my father said that night to heart.”

“Your sensei was a good man, and a greater friend, Tsuki. I feel that he may have not been appreciated by those within the Leaf as much as others- but he always did what was asked, no matter how little respect and admiration he recieved… and in that way, he was a better shinobi than many of us could ever hope to be.”

“Please, keep that, Tsuki. Keep it close, and always remember that his fire lives on, within you and your teammates.” he finishes, the tears having stopped flowing freely from his face.

Lee, on the other hand, is bawling.

You respond…

1. Positively. You will take his words to heart.
2. Neutrally. You don’t really grasp what he’s going on about.
3. Negatively. Sensei’s death will be avenged. Somehow.

>1. Positively. You will take his words to heart.

. Positively. You will take his words to heart.

> Behold! You stand before the Resplendant Azure Moon Princess of Glorius and Mighty Konoha! Wielder of the greatest release known to ladykind, indeed all kunoichi - the Dazzling Blue Moon Dragon's Incinerating Flame Super Dazzeling Release! Bast in my Radiant Majesty

Time to don the circular shades and inherit the Will of Fire!

>positively.

We are a Shinobi, and there is no revenge to be had anyway, beyond redeeming the weapons that forced Ebisu to sacrifice himself.

>3. Negatively. Sensei’s death will be avenged. Somehow.

>2. Neutrally. You don’t really grasp what he’s going on about

Tear up a little.

My sensei taught me the most important lesson, to follow your own path, protect who you can...no matter the cost. I'm sorry to bring your feelings down Guy and Lee, please if you'd like breakfast ill see something is prepared. Also mention the Park expansion.

[ROOT mode engage]

Awkwardly pat Lee's shoulder to try and cheer him up.

He may be a goofy bastard, but he knows how to touch hearts.

was it decided who our new teacher would be? If not I think Gemma would be an interesting choice considering he was a team mate of ebisu and was never really that important of a character in naruto. He is apparently a really strong jounin and knows the flying thunder god

We don't get to decide, that's Wargle's decision.

3. Negatively. Sensei’s death will be avenged. Somehow.

Seconding
In that we ask them to stay for breakfast as our guests.

I hope it's Anko.

Team Mega-Milk best team.

> Behold! You stand before the Resplendant Azure Moon Princess of the Glorious, Unmatched and Mighty Konoha! Wielder of the greatest release known to ladykind, indeed to all kunoichi and Shinobi everywhere- the Dazzling Blue Moon Dragon's Incinerating Flame Super Ultra Dazzling Shining Release! Bask in my Unsullied Magnanimous Imperial Majesty

Hoping for Anko. She will teach us how to remove snake and the secret art of the kunoichi.Read: Dressing like a tart to distract our enemies.

>those spoilers

Well, I'm sold.

Behold! I am the serene beauty who friends and foes alike look up to in awe! A kunoichi without equal in all of the Great Nations! When enemies of Konoha rest their heads, I am the ghostly blue moon that burns over their nightmares!

Tsuki Norihime: The Mighty Konoha's Resplendant Azure Moon Princess! Bask in my beauty and despair! Oohohohohohoho~!

Behold! You stand before the Resplendant Azure Moon Princess of the Glorious, Unmatched and Mighty Konoha! Wielder of the greatest release known to ladykind, indeed to all kunoichi and Shinobi everywhere- the Dazzling Blue Moon Dragon's Incinerating Flame Super Ultra Dazzling Shining Release!

Bask in my Unsullied Magnanimous Imperial Majesty. For I am the serene beauty, who friends and foes alike look up to in awe! A kunoichi without equal in all of the Great Nations! When enemies of Konoha rest their heads, I am the ghostly blue moon that burns over their nightmares!

Tsuki Norihime: The Mighty Konoha's Resplendant Azure Moon Princess! Bask in my beauty and despair! Oohohohohohoho~!

Beautiful

Inheriting the Will of Fire.

Writing.