/exg/ Exalted General

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: web.archive.org/web/20160314105757/http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. There were a lot of lesbians though. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: mediafire.com/folder/ddtp2932ad32j/Anathema_Custom_Files
>MA form weapon guide: brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Updated OP edition: swapped out the URL for the old edition tutorial.

Other urls found in this thread:

everydaymagicalgirls.wikidot.com/agathe-darius-song
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/773992-homebrew-lunar-charms-for-3e
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what percentage of dragonblood is required to exalt?

how are mixed heritages resolved?(how does it decide which element they are)

Where do you find your character art Veeky Forums?

Have you ever commissioned artwork for your ongoing Exalted games?

Have you done your own art for your games?

So how good is Godbound anyway?

>what percentage of dragonblood is required to exalt?
.0000000001%

>how are mixed heritages resolved?(how does it decide which element they are)
I don't think elemental identity is heritable in 3e.

>what percentage of dragonblood is required to exalt?

The tinest sliver. You just have to be worthy of Exaltation in the Dragon's eyes and be of their line.

Reminder that Morke and Holden are liars.

We're off to a roaring start Gentlemen. See you in London for the wake.

Better than the broken mess of a system Holden or Morke could come up with.

These. Every once in a great while a Terrestrial outcaste Exalts in a family that had no known Dragon-Blooded relatives, because of boinking further back than their records stretched.

This is my waifu

>not qt Mnemon
>one of the solars
Anathema detected.

She may not be mnemon but look at that and tell me it isnt cute
She looks like a peppy friendly solar out to make the world a better place

What are you going to do Call in a Wyld Hunt?

Hello /ExG/
So I'm in a forum game playing a refugee from another country who fled into nexus for safety. My question is should i give them an accent? I want my character to have a look and feel that is outside the norm, and might be a bit off-putting.

I have had good luck with it in the past but that was a D&D game online and I mimicked the accent of a Jagermonster from Girl Genius. He was just outside the norm enough to fit.

What do you all think would be a good accent for a character from near the dreaming sea, who is a prince of a country based loosely on the 3 Musketeers, that has a strong dueling tradition? Remember the accent must be represented in typing, so what would you use?

>country based loosely on the 3 Musketeers

Uh, French?

i will never forget that holden and morke are liars

damnit, wrote up this whole thing for a deviltiger in progress npc and st looks it goes "why did you hand me homebrew for szoreny?"

Honestly, I've never really found accents to go over well in text; it's just too immersion-breaking to try and piece words together through someone's attempt to Scottishify spelling.

I would go with putting some of it in the descriptive text, like, "Would you care to welcome Pearl to Wavecrest with me?" she said, her northern accent transforming the 'w's into 'v's.

Alternately, just use strange phrases no one else would, like "By Ahlat's twisty testicles!"

>By Ahlat's twisty testicles!

Isn't she that one twilight that hung out with... kidale? And Faka Kun and that circle? She was based in Chairoscuro.

How would you type a French Accent?

And SLS is innumerate.

That is the "What are you gonna do, stab me?"" of Creation right there.

Turn your ths to zs, drop your hs, and throw in some french profanity.

Ze tea was 'orrible, ze food was worse, and ze innkeep is a traitorous pile of merde!

Thanks

I have something I need help with

Here's the basics, I'm my circle's Dawn with Supernal brawl, and I'm fighting in an arena to get us access to someone we have to see (and probably beat up) while the others are gambling.

I've managed so far but now up against a dragonblood and things are getting messy.

Problem is, this is my first exalted game and I'm pretty awful, lacking many charms to actively help with things like dealing with his armor's soak right now I'm relying on stunts and burning my essence to keep roughly ahead and some bad luck will make even that now matter, plus I'm running out of essence and going to start obviously glowing if I push any further. Not smart when I'm basically centre stage.

I've been trying to come up with solutions for how I can turn the fight around, but the most I've come up with is use my init of about 12 to try and disarm his naginata away and pray he's really inept at unarmed stuff or to try to involve the others in the circle as support for the GM to give a morale bonus/penalty but its hard to in character-ly talk to them in the stands in this fight.

Not sure what else they could do either, They're very good at what they do, but thats mostly talking. Only other alternative I can think of is to try an anti armour disarm but that's not necessarily something that will be accepted so I'm not banking on it.

I'm sure there's a ton I'm missing for options, but wondering if anyone has ideas for what will be best

Disarm that Naginata. He's probably gonna be doing less damage without it anyway.

post your sheet, its hard to give you advice without know what charms you have

Disarming is good, another gambit to knock someone prone will give them -2 defence. Post your character sheet.

I don't have anything fancy. we've had minimal downtime to spend on training. Smashfists and light armour, I've only got the brawl charms to get myself Ascendant Battle Visage, and Dodge's Reed in wind, Searing Quicksilver flight, and for resistance, Durability of Oak and Spirit Strengthens the skin.

Not smart I know but again first real game.

Big problem is I don't have Fists of Iron and that's making soak a killer. Full sheet is at everydaymagicalgirls.wikidot.com/agathe-darius-song though the exacts are on roll20

er, exacts on init and remaining motes. though, out of personal motes, unharmed, we're both around 12~ init. Full will. Gonna start burning that probably too.

Wow, that's a pretty bad charm selection. I would try onslaughting them into the ground, and try crashing them with Searing Quicksilver Flight, but that's just me.

Honestly if you're at ~12 inititative it might be worth going for a decisive to put some wound penalties on the db. Then reset to 5 initiative with Striving Aftershock Method.

Yeah like I said, first game. Minimal training time. The moment training happens I'll be good.

He's also unhurt so I'm unsure on how lucky I'll be, 2-4 damage probably won't be enough since they seem like an (infinity better optimised) fighter, I can only hope they're burning essence just as much to match me, and will have a lower stock otherwise.

Use Ascendant Battle Visage to clash every incoming attack as your combat action - winning a clash means that you do not have to spend motes on defense and you do a guaranteed 3 SUCCESSES of withering damage if you win.

The primary benefit of that charm (in this case) is scene-length clashes.

This will work around your lack of withering-damage boosters with guaranteed damage, and will take advantage of the inherent accuracy of light weapons.

Also, use smashing attacks! Knocking the other guy prone is a huge advantage, and well worth 2i -1 defense.

It's okay, but it's weird/hilarious that some of the people who wanted a low-crunch Exalted are furious that the game that does it is also OSR and therefore regressive and etc.

In terms of the game itself, it's managed to be a d20 Exalted-like game without being a mess, which is an accomplishment. I still prefer Exalted 3E's combat engine, social, and setting though.

I agree

I feel like he's in a situation where he cannot afford to show his Anima.

What are the consequences of not winning? Are they worse than the consequences of using ABV? If not, you have a good chance to win through clashes. If not, you should concede : there's no point in winning this fight if it's just gonna make things worse.

does merely *having* past lives at a high rating fuck with you? or is that only when you've recently used it to improve a roll?

In theory, the former, kind of like how Resources changes who you are even if you aren't literally spending money at the moment.

In practice, most people who take Past Lives either minimize the drawback by just having the past life BE the dominant personality, or only invoke it when a roll comes up, yes.

Does anyone have that Lunar homebrew splat for 3e? I need it for an upcoming game I'm running.

This one?

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/773992-homebrew-lunar-charms-for-3e

Yeah, that one.

Also, post lunars! I'm posting a girl because that's all I've got right now, but I really need art for a male Lion-totem lunar if anyone has art that fits that description.

>look and feel that is outside the norm
>nexus
Pfff, good luck with that. Most diverse and oddball city in Creation right there.

Clinch when you can, clash when you can't. That's what your charms lend themselves to. Don't bother with disarming - grab that motherfucker into a grapple, hope he doesn't have good Brawl, and then push his face in.

Nexus is surprisingly mundane compared to say, Sijan or Great Forks.

In any other setting Nexus would be Waterdeep or Sigil. In Creation, it only really stands out thanks to the Guild and the Emissary.

Did someone say Lunars?

And the fact that its population is goddamn enormous, and has a diverse as fuck ethnic and cultural spread because people come there from all over creation, and has markets flooded with the hauls of Scavenger Lords claimed from the ruins that litter the East, and has guild-hired craftsmen making Jade artifacts, and has exotic mundane trade goods from all over the world, and...

Character art threads, deviantart, artstation, wh40kart.im, Newgrounds

No

Only a silly fsjal meme overpaint in paint.NET

>Godbound
You got a download of that somewhere, homie, or are you just going to assume I've read it?

Yeah, hence "The Guild." That's why Nexus is a big deal in the region, but compare it to the festival city where mortals rub shoulders with gods, or magical Japan/Sparta, or the city where ghosts outnumber the living and generally get along.

The Guild is active in Nexus because Nexus is a big deal, not the other way around.

Nexus without the Guild wouldn't be as big of a deal. The Guild without the Nexus wouldn't be as big of a deal (in that area)

Has anybody done a good 2e Thaumaturgy -> 3e port?

>You just have to be worthy of Exaltation in the Dragon's eyes and be of their line.

Since when? It's genetics. Worthless shits get Exalted as DB's all the time because it's literally a genetic lottery. Thats the huge joke behind the IO religion and the Realm ideology as a whole, that it's all fake as fuck and none of them realize it.

Nexus is a big deal because it's a massive breadbasket city where two MASSIVE trade rivers meet in a part of the world absolutely flooded with magical artifacts. It would be a huge fucking deal regardless of whether or not the Guild was there.

Hold on, let me drag up an old one.

Entirely accurate.

As I understand it, unlike other exalts, who exalt for great deeds, the Dragon-blooded exalt for feeling sufficiently strong emotions. The more potent your breeding, the less potent the emotions need to be.

This is why, for example, there's a canon dragon-blooded who exalted mid-way through being raped.

Dragon-blooded exalt during moments of extreme fear, anxiety, anger, happiness, or what have you, and Breeding makes it more likely to happen by lowering that minimum threshold.

Didn't a book boil it down a d10 roll at birth to see if they would Exalt later in life, with a higher Breeding lowering the number needed on the die, or is this just some houserule I'm mistaking as fact?

That's the behind-the-fluff mechanics, yeah.

There was a guy who exalted while being castrated. Shit gets crazy.

Yeah. When you exalt during 'extreme emotion,' that leads to some seriously messed up Dragon-blooded sometimes.

Here, have an updated version.

Guise its my first time gming exalted I think I'll get the party started at the blessed isle do you have any tips? Specialy about making enemies npc

Why are any of those fucking faces necessary
goddman.

For extra emphasis on just how retarded what was said, was.

hey you're pretty cute wanna be my waifu

Yet another example of why Nights are the best caste.

Why should I play an Eclipse, /exg/?

because they're cute

It just makes the image look fucking terrible.

Because no one else did and everyone made their characters before you did, so you got stuck playing that shit. At least in 3e your caste skills aren't completely shit anymore since you have some choice with them now.

>Why should I play an Eclipse, /exg/?
Because you can bind people to keep their promises and hold them to their lies, and you can start with a persona at chargen by taking Socialize Supernal.

A persona is basically an alternative personality that your character can assume indefinitely after a four hour tradition. With the right charms, it gains 2/3 of the XP that your 'main' personality gains, can purchase its own charms that the main personality doesn't get, and has full access to all main-personality charms for which it meets the Ability minimums.

It's an 8 charm investment, but it quickly pays off, as eventually that 2/3 XP is enough to put you in the net positives charm-wise rather than the net negatives; it does take 20 sessions to get to that threshold, though.

Additional personas - good for other side functions - can either be purchased with charm repurchases - 1 charm per additional persona, or 2 charms if you want the additionals to also get the 2/3 XP rate instead of 1/2.

Or, for an additional 8 charms, you can pick up At Your Service, which lets you instantly generate a one-time persona which fills another character's needs, activated in reaction to becoming aware of those needs. It always has as many Ability dots and Charms as your most powerful permanent persona, so if your Circle needs an expert investigator, a medical doctor to patch them all up after a fight, or a pirate to sneak them into a city? Well, shiver your timbers, because Captain Sherlock, PhD is on the case.

Mind you, that's a 16 charm investment - doable at chargen, but you'll be on the gimpy side until you've gotten enough XP for your personas to start being really powerful.

But in the mean time, you can still be useful to your Circle using Excellencies alone, and both of your absurdly-useful caste powers - diplomatic immunity and oath-sealing.

Basically, Eclipses have great powers, personas are rad, make it happen.

Because you want to play around with 3e's sexy new Sail charms, and Eclipses are the only ones that get Supernal Sail, the lucky bastards. At least for Socialize's sexy new persona charms you can just be a Night - the best Caste - instead.

Why.

Why not?

Because it's just 'nuh-uh' and I cringe every time I see it brought up as something to be proud of. The /v/ style multitude of reaction images just make it even worse.

A well thought-out reply. I might actually do that, you know?

I would need a bureocratic persona though, since I want to build and run an empire...

I'm planning one with Presence Supernal (Shouting at my Circle to help them improve), that studies the Black Claw Style and has ties to the Cult of the Illuminated. Should be fun.

Mechanically I think Crane would match better. That way you can shout to improve people and counterattack if they hit you. Otherwise you will only be doing one of the two (shouting/hitting).

Probably yes, but I like the narrative/mood of Black Claw, it really reminded me of my first read of the Sidereals in 1st Edition MA, the sort of philosophical style descriptions, like koans. (It's probably a poor way to say it, English isn't my native tongue)

if you're shouting why not nightingale?

Just because the charm is named Empowering Shout doesn't mean I'll be shouting all the time nor that I'll roleplay it as a shout every time.

Sail Supernal is Best Supernal

But you also have access to Larceny, Presence, and Occult now, all of which are amazing. Occult is kinda specialized right now, but both of its E5 capstones are well worth your interest and it's the place to homebrew sorcery-enhancing effects (already has Ancient Tongues Understanding).

Want to fight? Ride is a valid combat Supernal even if you don't favor Survival like you're obviously going to. Reflexive disengages if you're ranged (or "ranged," like Dreaming Pearl Courtesan or Thrown types), reflexive Defend Other from your yeddim, JB replacer if for some reason you dump Awareness, stupid-high JB booster with the thing that doubles Speed and the thing that turns Speed into successes for JB, oh and you break the action economy. That 8-dice yeddim kick might not hit too often even with Familiar-Honing Instruction from E2 Survival, but it's an onslaught penalty, and if you're riding a tyrant lizard or a great cat or a leak-version simhata it's actually a threat.

You can't learn any good Charms with your anima, but diplomatic immunity comes up eventually always, and oathbinding is BY A THOUSAND MILES the strongest possible social thing you can do that isn't Memory-Reweaving Discipline or Hypnotic Lickitung Technique. Sometimes it even surpasses them.

what genre do you think hell music is?

You're saying it correctly.

Rock and roll.

Scream metal.

Well...it has harps and bells and shit, and dance without malice makes it sound like the only peace malfeas can find. But on the other hand compass of celestial directions mentions all the demons being lead in the dance of mace and shield which sounds awfully moshpitty... donno what it could be.

with harps?

Probably with vuvuzelas

It's almost like Malfeas is an entire fucking world unto itself with cultures and sub-cultures.

What sort of dance makes you mad at rocks?

It's like a heavy metal festival that some chucklefuck decided to arrange right next to a concert house where a classical concert is concurrently taking place, and audiences of both events, enraged buy their concert being ruined by the overly loud music of the neighboring assholes, are having a mass fight in the space between.

I like this description. I vote this.

hey now, thats a hurtful stereotype. just cause they're demons doesn't mean they love metal

>This Charm supplements a Join Battle roll with a free full
>(Perception + Awareness) Excellency

Awakening Eye, page 270, everyone's favourite charm for trying to win the battle in the first round, WHAT DOES IT DO?

Do you roll Wits + Awareness + Perception + Awareness for JB? Perception + Awareness twice? Wits once, Perception twice, Awareness three times? I don't think there's another charm that adds a full Excellency to a different roll, and I'm a bit confused by it.