So, what was your first campaign Veeky Forums?

So, what was your first campaign Veeky Forums?
What kind of horrible snowflake did you make?

A shadowrunner with more dosh than sense?

An all powerful first level wizard?

A munchkin'd out gurps warrior with so many disadvantages he barely functioned?

>1st character
>A moody St. Cuthbert Cleric.
>the DM said it was shit, I agreed.
>Made a Good-Nature Half Orc Barbarian in it's place.
>Wrestled Alligators and Went to the fantasy equivalent of Kindergarten to learn to read.
Good Times.

a rogue/wizard hybrid that was meant to be an illusionist thief/conman, started at level 1. I had no idea how to properly build a character at the time so he was pretty shit and couldn't mechanically perform anything I wanted him to do. It didn't help that the DM was pretty shit and fast decided that he hated me and my character too.

this was in 3.5, btw.

>First game, forced to DM with just a PHB (this is 5e, and I had only skimmed through it.)
>Somehow the party had +5 weapons, and were the equivalent to gods at level 5.

>First character
>Tiefling Cleric of Pelor
>I introduced him to everyone as "An Irish Demon-man named Chongo"
>I was basically the party's glass cannon, emphasis on cannon.
>Half of the players could not stop laughing whenever I spoke in-character, because of my attempts at an Irish accent
>Eventually ended up immolating bandits because they interrupted his praying time.
Many a fun was had with that character.

A half-orc cleric of Avandra, who abused the half-orc charging bonus far too often in order to push mooks off of ledges.
He was also the straight man of the party, and the one self-appointed to keeping the bloodthirsty Shifter barbarian from screwing things up for the party, which turned out to be a full-time job. The best part of their relationship was that despite the Barbarian's obsession and eagerness for fighting, my Cleric was so effective and faster (again, the charging bonus) that he and the ranged support would usually have almost finished the standard encounters before the Barbarian could get close enough for a couple of swings, and my kill - count was significantly higher than his, a fact that irked him to no end.

Joined a high power lvl 12 maybe, 3.5 game. Didn't know better at the time but the DM let casters not have to prepare spells (so the party's evil wizard spent every game scrolling through the entire spell compendium as he could cast whatever) and the melee's had an extra attack at full BAB.

I was a gnome druid. My story was I was literally lost. They found me in a cave tied up in spider webbing after I failed talking with them. I was from a gnome village that got evicted by some loggers. They gave me a bag of money to go buy the land from whatever ruler was claiming that land. After getting a resounding No from goverment, I went back to my home to find all the people gone. Like I literally couldn't figure out where my entire town went. So whatever, go walkabout with these guys and get money and land cause the plot didn't matter. My stats were horrible. Didn't know at the time but i rolled so low that my total mod number was negative so I should have been allowed a re roll. Fist thing the party did was make me signed a cursed book which upon rolling poorly, lowered my reflex save by 2.

Toward the end of the game / my time in college, I got killed by the party. The rogue had a drawn from a deck of many things and was made to want me dead. He provoked the wizard to mess with me. He casted polymorph at me, i escalted with poison, and then he casted confusion my way and I went bat shit insane shape shifting into a black tree octopus thing and literally ripped the wizard into pieces in one turn. The party put me the fuck down, rezed the wizard, and then disintegrated me. But in my mind I like to recon it to me using my auto pass a wisdom anything to have been confused poly morph into a fish and simple swim away and go on my own way leaving the party to think they had actually left me as a fish in mind body and soul.

It was a good first group, and they loved how I made tons of stupid mistakes. I thought colored dragons were good (WoW lore)...

I'm pretty sure my first character was a Tech Priest with a medical mechandrite. By the time we stopped playing I was intelligent enough to not hurt anyone when I used it

That sounds like a terrible first group

>Avandra

You have decent taste in deities user.

Good to see more Veeky Forums edits

Made a Rei with less emotion.
The game itself was far worse than my character.

It was shadowrun and I played autism-chan. She pretty much ended up being the a terminator elf street sam with .1 essence.

My first character was a very diplomatic paladin that sought to find out of the box solutions to resolve disputes. I was told to stop ruining the game and roll initiative.

I made a rogue pretending to be a paladin. He wore heavy armor and a tower shield.
He died in the second combat of the game because what you think its a cool concept its not a valid replacement for having no idea on what the fuck are you doing.

>First campaign
I've shared this story here before.
We were kids, and ignored a bunch of story leads and just follow a random rumour the GM made up.
Thus, we raided a goblin mountain. Killed some goats, which turned out to be the goblins pets. Most of us are wiped, by the goblins, the last survivor is trampled by goats in the treasure room.

>character
My character was a thief with two daggers /shortswords, who wanted to buy expensive jewlery.

My first character was technically when I was like 15 and might have been a wizard I don't remember.

I recently started playing 5e after not playing since those first games over a decade ago.

I made a sort of generalist bard with college of valour. She's a former librarian that decided to do some first hand learning of the world. She regularly writes in a journal about the stranger party members.

Should have bought a few Wands of Cure Light Wounds and pretended to be a Cleric.

I didnt knew what those were. I also used bluff to do a fake lay on hands so I could steal the psionic's money. Since we was new as well he didn't understood why he didnt heal
I am not proud of that.

>Elf rogue
>didn't put too much thought on age so made him 16
>mfw 16 elf years is barely a child
>mfw I am known as jailbait
>mfw I got critical hit by an old lady with a sewing needle and almost died
>mfw I failed my acrobat roll and fell in a ditch and was promptly shot
RIP Jailbait

A regular tech priest in a Dark Heresy game.
At the end of the first session the spaceship we were on crashed into a planet.
I managed to stabilise everyone's bleeding with a little fudging just in time for the dmpc psyker to show up.
He tried to use "heal" but summoned a Demon which we (but mostly me since everyone else was incapacitated) barely fought of.
He then decided to try healing again despite my pleas, summoned an even bigger demon and that was my first TPK.
There never was a second session.

My second character (Dark Heresy again) was a highborn Guardsman with Delusions Of Grandeur.
The task was to retrieve a mcguffin from an Ork infested city which led to many PC deaths as we were lvl 1 scrubs.
But in the end my character died because the Tech priest refused to call for exfiltration because "the Orks may listen in".
There was only one survivor. Luckily it wasn't the tech priest.

>First character
>Smitebeard, Dwarven Paladin of himself
>worshipped his own bloodline, had an ancestor who became an inconsequential minor diety 1000s of years ago, and his bloodline had been paladins since (Dm allowed/encouraged it)
>Huge, arrogant asshole, built to 1v1 anything
>Kept running into encounters with several enemies
>Would pick one enemy, kill it by himself in a swing or two of his waraxe, then turn around and see the rest of the party struggling against a single enemy themselves
>Always ends up cleaning up once the rest of the party is knocked unconscious
>Tell them they should consider retiring if they can't handle a single orc without him there
>Everyone wanted him to be party face since he had the highest Cha, but he chose to never use it and was abrasive to most npcs

The first game my group played in 5e was when there was only a PHB out, so we didn't realize that bringing over ridiculous 3.5/4e weapons as-is would completely break the game. I don't think we even knew about attuning to magical items. We realized our mistake when we easily killed an elder dragon at level 7

A fighter rouge hybrid that was essentially a yelly scotish Jack Sparrow I guess. Drank so much I always had a permanent debuff, and when the dm told me if I didn't stop drinking I wouldn't be doing so well in combat I drank more. Got crits like crazy.

>Made a halfling cleric
>Saw knowledge domain gives ability to basically guarantee any knowledge check on a creature by touching it; fuck yes, I've got a Pokedex
>I'll be a cleric of a god of knowledge (What clueless me assumed Irori was at the time from some very basic descriptions), sent out to gather and record information on wildlife, and my prayer sessions will actually be writing up the monster manual with what I've learned the previous day

I was joining mid-story, and the setting was a town with a large population of druids living in the sewers below.
Smugglers were getting in through the sewers and had been killing those getting in their way, which had lead to tensions between the townspeople, who blame the druids for the deaths, and the druids who blame outsiders in general for the deaths.

I start off in the sewers, studying oozes.
>"You see someone running towards you"
>"I get out his way, he's very clearly in a rush to get somewhere and I've got no business with him"

It was the smuggler the group had been chasing, who capturing was the only real chance of avoiding conflict. Since I didn't stop him, he got away, war broke out, animals attacked, a large chunk of the party died to THAT FUCKING CRAB, Party split with half (mostly evil) killing druids on the docks while the other half took prisoners figuring maybe to broker a peace, both groups met up again and the ones fighting druids immediately turn on the others for "allying with the enemy" killing them and their captives, rogue almost escapes the massacre with a druid baby but evil wizard hunts her down and roasts them both, then the remaining evils demand my character be their "healbitch" and they won't kill him. As follower of god of knowledge I figure killing intelligent creatures was the biggest no-no and that aiding these guys in any way would completely compromise his ideals, he ran for his life, and I rolled a new character.

And that was my introductory session to pathfinder.

A barbarian half orc. He was basically a mountain-sized berserker that wielded a greataxe and had serious anger management problems. He would be sent into a frenzy by a slightest insult. Not really magnificent as a character, but boy was it fun watching those crits that took down young dragons in just two hits. Once managed to scare off a whole army on his own by chopping up their fiercest warriors to red paste and succeeding a few intimidations with natural twenties. He was basically Hulk with an axe.

I didn't mean to make him so powerful, hell, it was my first time playing and didn't know half the rules. But in the end it was pretty damn fun.

It was D&D 4th, I played a half elf Warlord called Belenus Nuada, who went under a series of increasingly ludicrous fake names including Bryson Figgs and Prince Ali.

He had an irrational hatred of skeletons, was convinced all mysterious activity was the work of Bulettes, submarines or gelatinous cubes and ended up ungodly powerful because the GM couldn't do maths and tried making magic items.

He collected the four plot critical items which, and the GM was adamant about this, gave him an untyped attack and damage bonus equal to the square of the number of them equipped.

They were cursed, but we never found out what the downside was.

I later brought him back as a mummy as a boss in a comedy one shot for the group called Revenge of the Return to the Mystery of the Tomb of Horrors.

I made a wizard who'd died and then was forcibly brought back to life by some nature spirits to serve as a druid. He was also cursed to never feel warmth properly again, as he died in the frozen lands.

He actually got one of my favorite magic item ever, but sadly I never got to use it. It was a cursed scarf that, wrapped around him, had no effect. Anyone else it would cause them to burst into flames.

A bitter member of a secret organisation who was an ex-Civil Servant and was plotting on betraying it to HM Govt, subordinating it into a branch of the Civil Service.

First campaign was a tutorial campaign, so iur DM was there to keep trainwreck to a minimum. My char borderlines on edgy though.

My first char was/is a human fighter. He was left at the doorsteps of a local orphanage (somewhat required, because the faction he'd join consists entirely of mercenaries and orphans) where he was bullied until he grew big enough to fight back. He hoined said faction at 16 when a recruiter showed up at the orphanage.
Due to his childhood he's kinda grumpy and distrusting but has a good heart. He'd basically die for his groupmates in an instant by now, but he'd never let them know this.

Warhammer we were a bunch of nobodies that became something during a year until the DM broke and started doing stupid things.

My character was a silvan elf student, because in this game there is a bunch of career but you determine your initial one randomly.
So i wanted to be a wizard and rolled in the intelectual career for the 5% chance of being an apprentice or faster advancement.

The things is that when i completed my career and was ready to advance, my dm told me that i coulndt progress until i find one wizard to teach me. O my god.. after 2600 xp (more or less 5 months playing) i finally found one.

But they day when i found the wizard, was also the day a new girl started to play with us. Our dm being a neckbeard was pretty unconfortable while teaching her the basics, so i said with a smile: "DM are you nervous?".
Everyone on the table was laughting but my DM looked at me with the eyes of evil.

When we were narrating our career progressions my DM told me that my master put me to clean the floors for days without telling me anything. So i started investigating the house in his absence and uncovered a secret passage that leads me to a secret room where my master was dressed in the with a tunic of Tzeench.

Cool.......
My DM rolleplays my master: "Join the changer of ways or day". Tzeentch was my favourite god of the realms of caos and i had a 2500 pts army of them. Basically i said "yeees yeees" but the DM kindly reminded that i was legal so my character would preffer rape and torture to doing anything with chaos. So i look to the DM -"ok i had my crossbow loaded so.. fuck it i shoot".
When i saw my dm face i know that this i what he expected, the perfect oportunity to fuck up with my character.
When i did 26 points of dmg out of seer luck and killed a respetable wizard in one shot, the face of my DM was the face of defeat.

So i ended taking all things that were not corrupted and burned the tower while laughting like a madman.

My first char was an elf with an axe. That was the extend of his character. I was nine or so, the concept that anything but combat being relevant was utterly lost on my. The rest of the party, all older boys from the neighborhood, basically treated my char like a torpedo. I wouldn't call him optimized, since my understanding of the game was obviously limited, but he was very, very fighty and used the axe (which was the best starting weapon) to solve any problem the party came across.
Man, that was like quarter of a century ago. Time sure flies.

4e, made an eladrin warlord. Played him like a matter battle tactician. We didn't really have backstories bc none of us had played before and my only exposure to d&d was watching my dad and his friends play ad&d and everyone had like 5 backup characters ready for when theirs inevitably died.

If I remember right, I had the warlord sacrifice himself before I took over dm duties. When we rotated the dm back around, I brought the warlord back as a revenant assassin.

>High school Sophmore
>Girl in german class talking about our school's "military history club"
>Name solely for the purpose of school approval. Club is solely for tg.
>Cool history teacher DMs.
>3.5 in full swing and 4e on the rise, but nah bitch, we playin AD&D.
>Want to roll a thief, but roll a Ranger instead because the group already had a thief and at the time the ranger seemed like the wilderness equivalent of the stealthy killer type.
>Play as bro half-elf wanting to help out some distant relatives.
>Honestly pretty bland, but he was developing over time.
>First session, I'm pulling night guard duty.
>Immediately savaged by bats and downed. Party members hardly fair better as the casters all scramble to their feet and the clerics fumbles and trips everyone leaving the tent as he tries to hurriedly don his armor.
>Saved only by gm's mercy for being new/early level shenanigans.
>Next day a python falls on us from the tree canopy and I immediately sliced it in half with a lucky roll.

While it wasn't anything crazy and didn't last very long, I got some really great insight into the classical roots of the tabletop medium. I'm also glad I don't have any terrible regrets about making some kind of insufferable snowflake.

I made a gnome named Phomzelin Snickalphreezle. He was a Sorcerer with a Sylvan bloodline that allowed him to grab an animal companion. Made that companion a medium sized roc. Spent the majority of combat soaring above the plebs and throwing down hideous laughter and glitterdust, generally making everything harmless while my party waded in and slaughtered them.

He started out just as a happy-go-lucky "I wanna go on an adventure!" character with a penchant for gambling. Then the party was forced into a contract with a demon to kill 13 big bads and he ended up being kidnapped like three times and then had a fire giant brand his face with a branding iron on one of these times spent helpless. He ended up being half-bleached by the end of the campaign and had a much more dour and realistic world view.

First ever campaign was in a swedish rpg system called Drakar & Demoner: Chronopia (based on the Basic Role-Playing system). I made Guybrush Threepwood as a thief. He died to a dragon.

Bögjävel

1st character was a halfling rogue in AD&D 2e. He was the best. I miss playing him.

Rock gnome ranger.

My first character wasn't really much of a PC.
I had gotten a D&D module for my birthday when I was in highschool and being the autist that I was I didn't have anyone to play it with.
FF 2 months later, my younger siblings asked me if they could play it with me.
not seeing anything wrong with that, I became DM for the adventure and modified it for a simpler ruleset I found online.
After about thirty minutes it became clear that they were not capable of playing this game without help, so I made an NPC named Grizzle Bearington, based on the copypasta.
He ended up as a 5th lvl bad ass with a silver dagger of flames on command and a +1 greatsword.
They never did find out he was a bear.

>what was your first campaign

most of this thread so far is not actually that bad.

so, buckle in. the game is Deadlands.

Player 1 - Ex-Agency Private Detective and Hexslinger with Fedora. handed me a diagram of his character showing where all 16 hidden guns were located. cast his hexes by beating Manitou in quick-draw contests instead of playing poker. would not stop quoting lines from the movie Tombstone.

Player 2 - Fallen Preacher who lost his faith but not his powers...somehow. knows kung fu and can command the loyalty of snakes. is covered with tattoos. and knows necromancy?

Player 3 - Unscrupulous ex-civil war doctor and cavalry officer who was dishonorably discharged for sewing limbs back onto patients instead of cutting them off. traveled the weird west performing miracle surgeries for outrageous fees and then fleeing before the harrowed body parts used turned the patient into a zombie. carried an 8-shot, double-barreled, revolver-style pump-action shotgun, and wore a leather mask at all times. AT ALL TIMES. saw the first player's diagram of hidden guns and promptly handed me a diagram of hidden knives.

Player 4 - Indian Shaman who can turn into a werewolf. no, not "turn into a wolf," a WEREwolf. pretty sure this player was a furry who was amazing at hiding his power level.

It was a short 3.5 game run by a veteran player who had some time, but not a lot, as a DM

I made a gnome paladin and rolled bullshit high on my stats. I can still remember the results. 18/17/16/16/12/10

The DM let me keep them because I was playing a paladin and we had a sorcerer and a bard in the party

I had no idea how to build the character, I took fucking monkey grip for god's sake, but 20 constitution helped me survive a lot of shit, and I had fun.

Got a picture of her from a Veeky Forums drawthread too

Halfling monk because an anti-d&d pamplet summarized monks as 'a hybrid between rogues and fighters' which I thought was badass. This was also back when I wasn't aware of sneak attack and the term 'rogue' was used for pirates at school.

I can't recall. My first game was D&D when I was rather young.
I think it was my Elven Ranger, Thayon.
I'm pretty sure I played before that... but that's the only character I can recall from all those years ago.

Ahhhh my first character I remember him well he was the best character in the squad (rollplay wise).
He was a partially insane egomaniac who never lived up to his vision of himself as the greatest combatant the adeptus mechanicus had to offer that was loved by everyone. (he did become loved by everyone strangely despite my attempts to the contrary). He ended up being a blast to rollplay as and was rather funny in the end. His end goal was to make a titian out of chimeras sadly this was scrapped before his untimely death as the first chimera was destroyed.
I remember when using I had quotes like "welcome to the trolzen helpline your current service provided is inferior to trolzen so while they make up for the disparity the one and great trolzen will help with all your tech needs!"
The GM near the end gave me a knowledge skill unique to me "techno babble"
It was an only war campaign

I made a wood elf rogue who didn't make it past 3rd level. Now I play a skeleton bard named David Bownie. I like him a lot more.

Pre-generated generic human rogue from an old 2.0 era starter kit. This was in the late '90s and I was about 8, so there wasn't a lot of role in my play. I just cared about exploring, killing shit and getting treasure. And I made a really, really bad rogue.

My second and final character, in 3.5, however, was a CN (later turned CE) sorceror (later dragon disciple and half dragon) who in later levels trashed the campaign by getting a Black Dragon companion and exploiting my DM and fellow players' ignorance of the rules to power level at an extreme speed, eventually killing Vecna and ascending to godhood. So basically I was the cringiest, most shit-assed prick imaginable.

I'm been a DM ever since.

same here.

The only adventure we did was some mayor's town was getting attacked by a werewolf and we had to find it.
We had some silver weapons made but SURPRISE the blacksmith was later found dead.
I remember doing some roof jumping looking for him and SURPRISE it was the mayor all along

Magic items errywhere

I ran the 3.5 D&D starter set with my older brother.

It's sad, because we played that for hours upon hours, completed the entire booklet and continued playing for months after that, but now, sixteen years later, we barely even talk to each other anymore.

I sometimes get the urge to invite him to play, to see if maybe that will let me back into his life and maybe help him get his life back on track, but it's gotten to the point where I don't think he even remembers anything about the game, and we just don't have anything in common to talk about anymore.

He introduced me to my main hobby, but I don't think he'd even be able to understand how to enjoy himself anymore.

Literally just Auron from FFX, played in L5R.
I decided to be a ronin who's master had died on a spiritual pilgrimage, now on a journey with his charge's son (another player), raising him as a warrior. Wielded a nodachi and carried a sake jug at all times.
I was supremely unoriginal, but it was a good time.

3.5. Fighter. We went from Rusty dagger shanktown all the way to level 9.

I bro'ed it up with the Paladin of bahamut, surprisingly not a douchy paladin. He and I (I was chaotic good) butted heads on some things, but as long as the results ended up for the greater good, the other didn't mind too much.

We did a double-heroic sacrifice, stopping a demonic incursion to our plane when we hit level 15. He and I chopped down legions of lesser demons while the party managed to summon a gate big enough to move an entire city across the material plane to save it.

We stood back to back, the only ones left. We fought. We bled. And in the end, the demon lord showed himself. We did not prevail, but on that day, he remembered the names Leinhardt the fighter and Davorick the paladin.

>homebrew race
>min-maxed
>house rule: roll all the same on your 4d6, and you get to keep all
>4 5's, +3 racial mod on strength, so I got 23
>started later in the game than the others, so I got 3000 sold at level 3 to start me on the same level
>bought a magic halberd
Other than that, he wasn't bad. Crab man barbarian with a knack for furniture destruction.

Actually, I'd like to play a dragon who dual wields katanas. And who starts arguments over how prehensile dragon paws are.

A hoe, shovel, or pooper scooper might be a better weapon though.

So my first cringe worthy fumbling steps into roll playing were as a Chaotic Edgy rogue called Locke who duelwielded scimitars imbeded with shards of a cursed mirror.

He was on an epic quest to retrieve a magic gem that had his soul in it that had been stolen by the LG vampire's evil twin brother, unfortunately as he was lacking a soul he was incredibly shitty at being able to tell right from wrong (I was like 13 at the time okay this seemed cool then).

At the end of the campaign we discovered that Orcus had dug a secret tunnel up from the nine hells to under Mount Olympus where he planned to invade kill all the gods and rule the world or some shit, so the player party were leading the armies of Valhalla to hold him back.

During this epic-ish clash Locke ended up consuming a magical power source larger than his own head in an attempt to save his friends, unfortunately while this did buy them a round to escape he then exploded into a 600d6 fireball of pure force energy that collapsed Mount Olympus burying him, all the gods, and all the demons in a cave in, trapping them in the bowels of the earth forever.

Like I said we were 13 at the time we thought this shit was the epic second coming of JRR Tolkien mixed up with Metallica.

An Imperial Feral Psyker that tried to git gud at close combat, failed miserably, started focusing on biomancy (to great success), and who turned heretical at the first opportunity just out of curiosity as well as lust for power.

>3.5
>elf ranger, because only given core, can't be assed to choose feats or figure out magic, and figure hp isn't as important as long as I don't get hit
>roll stats because GM never told me that point-buy was a thing, only get two stats 12+
>state first session that I'm damn positive my character will be the first PC death
>becomes crit fail machine any time he attempts melee combat and easily the biggest death-magnet
>play him as embarrassingly friendly
>still playing that character even after going through an edition shift to 5e
>no one's died yet, but I know it's only a matter of time

My very first campaign I ever played was a Warcraft themed DnD session, I played a simple ranger who was a retired soldier who used his skills with a bow to hunt game. He wasn't anything special, though he did carry around a lot of basic gear "just in case" and the first adventure he had with the party involved him suggesting to wear the corpses of giant spiders on their heads to hide from the other giant spiders in a cave.

Also snuck into a bandit camp alone and ended up having to fight off the bandits alone in one of their guard towers until the rest of the party showed up. Carrying oil and a whistle really ended up being useful then.

a paladin with a teleportation spell was really cringy tried to make him as un paladin like as possible. ended up spending all my feats on weapon proficiencies and spent all my money on a set of op blades that i lost.

Oh jesus

1st level fighter in 4e. Dragonborn.

Bought plate armour but didn't have the feat to use it so I carried it in my bags.

Didn't have clothes. Just a mace and shield.

Got kicked out of the bar in the first scene for being naked and had to sit in the rain.

I had a fun time though. D&D was new and exciting to me at that point.

First campaign was a Star Wars d20. The premise was that we had just joined the Rebellion and were going on a mission to some base.

I just had the Revised Core Rulebook to work off of at the time. I made a Duros Scoundrel with the best stats I've ever rolled. Set him up as an epic pilot.

Only thing I really remember is the fat, teenage medic NPC (who had taken a shine to my character) having a mental breakdown mid-fight and me trying to slap him back to his senses.

Second edition. A human magic user, though I had misinterpreted how ability scores worked with spells, so I gave him the bare minimum to cast the spells I had access to. He was more of a magic enthusiast than anything else.

>AD&D (first ed? were there multiple?)
>wood elf (?) archer
>stats: 19, 19, 17, rest doesn't matter
>FEMALE bc no gf at the time

That's all I remember. Mus have been 18 years or so. I wish I could find the charts again.