False Dendrite Quest 176

My name is Cecile, and I'm sixteen years old. I already thought my life was odd, what with my parents having moved halfway across the country for their new job and leaving me in the care of my older sister... but then my best friend went and had a book shipped to my house that ended up giving me superpowers.

Thanks to said superpowers, I've been dragged into all sorts of horrible situations, the latest of which involves a masked thief who wanted revenge against me for killing a friend of his.

But that dumbass went and killed himself my accident so now I'm free to go back to my usual daily life. Finally.

>Thread archive:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=false dendrite quest

>Branches known thus far:
pastebin.com/9SQy7UhL

>Twitter:
twitter.com/QM_Archelon

>Ask thing:
maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

>Game production blog:
studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

Other urls found in this thread:

mangafox.me/manga/tamen_de_gushi/c100/1.html
maouzenigame.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Much to my appreciation, the only thing of note to happen during the cab ride home is a synapse as we approach my house. I guess that means that Irene really did plan ahead and plant a new instance of herself before all that craziness went down last night.

After the taxi comes to a stop and Charlotte pays the cabbie, we slide on out into the fresh, pollen-filled air of my neighborhood and walk on up the front steps.

"Are you sure that I ought to be here?" Charlotte asks. "I don't want to intrude on your family time."
"My Mom said that it's fine," I reply as I bring out my keys and open the door. "Don't worry about it."
"If you say so..."

And so, we step into my house for the first time today.

>who shall I greet first?

>Literally whoever is closest

I mean, we probably owe them all a conversation. Irene just died and we owe her a thank you. Dad's probably still in paranoia SHADOWRUNS mode. Mom's not happy we've ditched the family. Hell, even Allison is likely growing pretty suspicious of the branch stuff by now.

>Hugs for Mom first
Also cutest lesbian date: mangafox.me/manga/tamen_de_gushi/c100/1.html

>writing

>who shall I greet first?
The players.

I want to climb Suika and plant a flag on the top of her head!

Great, now I have a mental image of Suika and Mount Lady fighting.
and it is wonderful

That sounds like it would not be a very safe climbing experience!

As I take off my shoes, I listen out to try and figure out where everyone else is. I know Allison's gone since her car isn't here (probably at school or with Kevin), so that leaves...

"Hm," I mumble as I look up at the ceiling.

I only know one person who stomps around like that so that means that my father's doing whatever upstairs. And the kitchen TV is on, so someone's also in there...

"C'mon, this way," I say, motioning for Charlotte to follow me.

>[1/?]

>[2/2]

Taking care to make as little noise as possible, I tiptoe through the house as I make my way to the kitchen. And even though Charlotte's following me, there's no need for me to tell her to follow suit since she's a naturally light walker.

I wonder if that's because of her cat-mimicry.

Just as planned, my mother's so engrossed in her awful morning talk shows that she doesn't even notice me and Charlotte peeking in through the kitchen doorway.

>scare the mama
>don't scare the mama

>>don't scare the mama

Your talk shows are now red. And show a hologram reaching out of the screen at you.

WATCH OUT IT'S TRYING TO SELL YOU GENERIC BRAND GLOVES AT YOU
SHIT HE'S GONNA ACCIDENTALLY DROP STUFF ON YOU BECAUSE ONLY GENERIC GLOVES BRAND GLOVES GIVE YOU THE GRIP YOU NEED TO HAVE BASIC MOTOR SKILLS

Yuri facts: did you know that according to a recent (2015) study [in Finland], about 22% of women aged 18-24 report having had sexual experience with another woman? And that about 40% of that age category report their interest as "not only men"?

So that’s what CC looks like as a moeblob.

>>scare the mama
Surprise hug?

>>don't scare the mama

>writing

"Umm, hey," I call out while waving to my mother.
"Wha?" she quickly snaps her head in my direction and gasps. "Cecile, when did you get back!?"
"Just now," I reply.

And then I pull Charlotte into full view.

"As promised, I brought my beautiful girlfriend," I say like I'm presenting her for show.
"Erm, good morning," Charlotte mumbles with an extremely embarrassed expression.
"Good morning to you as well," Mom replies.

My mother gets up from her seat at the kitchen table and approaches me. At first I think that she's just moving in for a hug, but then she leans in really uncomfortably close while lowering her glasses and staring at me.

"Hm," she nods to herself. "So -that's- what a Cecile looks like. It's been so long since I've seen one that I'd completely forgotten."

>how do I respond?

>>how do I respond?
A flat stare. Teasing may be fun but getting teased is not.

>>how do I respond?
Teasingly question whether she is old enough to forget faces yet?

>how do I respond?
not going senile on us are you?

>writing

Hey Arch, hope you enjoyed your Weeb pilgrimage.

I very much did.
Every time I saw Hasegawa Akiko, she was like 「ああ、伊織P!」, which was amusing.

And it was also weird to have random people complimenting my karaoke performance as I wandered around the con.

>「ああ、伊織P!」
Could you translate that for us casuals?

"Aah, Iori-P!"
Because I produce the Iori in idolmaster.

Did you make that onigiri cake? It looked... Unique.

"That's a shame," I shake my head. "And here I didn't think that you were old enough to start forgetting faces already."

The next thing I know, I'm karate-chopped right on the top of my head.

"Watch it, smartass," my mother glares at me.
"That's child abuse, you know," I mumble whole clutching my aching head. "And right in front of my girlfriend, too..."
"Yes, well she ought to know how to put you in your place as well," she snaps back.

We both turn to Charlotte, who immediately throws up her hands and begins to back away from us.

"I would never-" Charlotte stammers.

>play the victim
>enough of this foolishness for now

>>enough of this foolishness for now

>>enough of this foolishness for now

>enough of this foolishness for now

>Did you make that onigiri cake? It looked... Unique.
I bear no responsibility for that atrocity, nor did I eat it.

>writing

Then who did eat it?

People who lost the name-that-idolmaster-tune game that it was made for, some people who won said game, and then it was finished off by a bunch of others after all the prizes had been won.

They voluntarily finished it… People were right, cons are filled with weirdos

"Yeah, Mom," I sigh. "Charlotte is nothing but the perfect lady towards me."
"Umm, thanks," Charlotte mumbles.

And besides, if anyone in this relationship was going to be abusive, it'd be the one with the evil voice in her head that's always demanding to kill all humans.

"So enough bad jokes for now," I say.
"For now?" my mother sighs. "That implies that they're going to continue later."
"It's an inevitability," I shrug. "But anyways, how've you been? I didn't see you yesterday when I was here."
"I was out at the mall with your sister," she replies. "You know, the one who actually calls."

It is clear that no amount of apologies will ever be enough for her.

>[1/2]

>[2/2]

"We got back just in time to watch Commando with your father and Irene," Mom says, "after which he went right back to obsessing over catching that man who broke into your room," she sighs. "Oh, and Theresa showed up to pick Irene up for a date."
"Sounds like a night," I nod.

Not as bad as the one I had, but she can't have been all that happy about him going right back to worrying about Faceless.

"Yes," Mom shrugs, "but he's calmed down considerably since getting the news of that man's death. The only weird thing to happen since that was Irene showing up caked in dirt like she was just at some sort of motocross event," she sighs. "It was all in her hair, too..." she shakes her head.

>talk about mama stuff
>ask about the daddy
>ask about the irene
>talk about something else

"Ah yes, one of her weirder habits. Don’t worry about it."

>talk about something else
How to spend the day. Boardgames, movies, walks, talking, wrestling, cooking, visiting someone together… I have no idea what that family does for fun.

Yeah, alright!

>talk about mama stuff

>writing

Bonding time!

"Oh..." I grimace. "Yeah, that happens sometimes. Don't worry about it."
"Really?" Mom stares at me. "Getting all that mud out of her hair had to have been be an absolute nightmare. I didn't press the matter because I felt bad for her, but still..."

Letting out a long sigh, my mother runs a hand through her own hair and looks out the window.

"So, uh," I clear my throat, "was there anything you wanted to do seeing as how we're here and all?" I ask.
"So this isn't just a pitstop on the way to somewhere else?" Mom asks.
"Why would i-" I groan. "C'mon, I -said- that I wanted to spend the day with you guys."
"Just making sure," she replies.

And then she flicks my forehead with her finger. Charlotte finds this to be especially funny.

"I honestly didn't have anything in mind," Mom says, crossing her arms under her chest. "It was enough of a surprise when you called saying that you were actually going to be here."
"Yeah, yeah," I mumble. "I suck as a daughter."
"The first step to self-improvement is admitting that you have a problem," she says, patting me on the head.

Of course this just makes Charlotte start giggling again.

>[1/2]

Cecile is made for bully.

Second step is accepting yourself as you are and not doing anything about it... no wait.

>[2/2]

"I'd be happy just being able to sit around with you for a change and hear what's been going on with you," Mom says. "What with the whole 'realizing that you're a lesbian' thing and the 'suddenly having a rich beautiful girlfriend' thing and the mafia kidnapping and all that..."

The mention of that last thing causes a chill to run down my spine.

"Getting to know Charlotte better would also be nice," Mom says, turning to her. "Since all we've really had in terms of interactions is that conversation back on Easter."
"...yeah, that..." Charlotte glances away from her.
"So basically," she stretches her arms, "I'd be happy just to have you two grace me with your presence. Think you can do that?"
"Yeah, sure," I shrug.
"Certainly," Charlotte nods.

She suddenly rests a hand on either of our shoulders.

"Wonderful!" Mom says with a beaming smile. "And Cecile, you -are- going to be spending the night in your own home tonight, RIGHT?"

>yeah of course
>yeah but I did have this bet with charlotte...

Mom pls

Yes

>>yeah of course
I’m not sure what the bet has to do with staying here, unless Arch means to imply that CC cannot help herself when she sees Charlotte in an apron?

>Also, Charlotte will cook the meal. We can instruct her from the guidelines, though, since she probably has no idea what to do.

I'll support this then.

There is no need for an implication, we already know through observation user!

>writing

Well, depends if it's naked apron or not...

"Ugh, YEAH," I groan. "I already know that I haven't been spending enough time at home."
"Alright then," Mom nods. "I was just making sure."

...dammit, I almost forgot.

"What is it?" she asks, noticing the change in my expression.
"I just remembered that I had this bet with Charlotte..."
"Eh!?" Charlotte blurts out.

Hahahahaha you aren't getting out of this one.

"A bet?" Mom looks at me with accusing eyes. "This isn't anything perverted, is it?"
"NO, Mom," I moan. "We were riding bumper cars yesterday and she lost so she owes me a home-cooked dinner."
"Yeah, I do..." Charlotte sighs.
"Last night was too hectic for her to actually deliver, but now that we don't have to worry about that thief anymore I was gonna make her do it tonight."
"Hm."

Mom's eyebrow raises as she gives Charlotte a look-over. Cooking, you say...

"Yes?" Charlotte says, backing away from her. "Is there some kind of problem?"
"Not at all!" my mother replies, clapping her hands together. "This'll be FUN!"
"Why didn't I expect this to happen..." she mutters under her breath while drooping over.

>leave the charlotte to work things out with my mother while I bug someone else
>stick around and offer my input while they work things out

Make sure mom doesn't do everything!

>>stick around and offer my input while they work things out
It’s part of the fun. Can’t let the mother have all of it.

W-why is there a lewd Cecile in this update image!?

>>stick around and offer my input while they work things out

>writing

Time to see just how bad at cooking Char-Char really is.

"First things first," my mother says as she takes Charlotte's hand, "how good a cook are you? Since this is a meal for my little girl, I don't want to force you into something outside your comfort range and then risk everything messing up..."
"Um, average?" Charlotte replies with an especially pained smile. "Back at the hotel I usually order out or Cecile cooks sometimes..."
"Average..." she nods. "So basically, you're below Cecile's novice level."

it mocks your meager efforts

"Hey," I interject, "I've been practicing!"
"So you claim," Mom replies, sticking her tongue out at me. "but my point remains- the two of you are still waaaaaaay far off from my level or even Allison's."

Leave it to my mother to treat Allison's godly cooking like it's nothing special.

>[1/?]

>extreme ara-ara incoming

Those melty head always have something eerie…

heads, even

>[2/2]

"Well yeah," Charlotte gulps, "there's no way that anything that I could make would even come close to that Easter dinner that you made."
"No, but I can still coach you to make something nice for my little girl... and everyone else while we're at it."
"Wait, what!?" Charlotte gasps. "I didn't-"
"You said that you'd be spending the day here and everyone else is here so there's no point in only cooking a meal for one person, right? Go big or go home."
"Oh man..." she groans while placing a hand over her face.

Wow, Mom's really getting into this.

"Now that that's settled," she says, "Cecile?"
"Wha?" I flinch. "Me?"
"Yes, you," she say,s pointing at me. "Did you have anything in particular that you wanted Charlotte to make for you?"

>how do I respond?

'No, I was too busy picturing her looking cute in an apron'

Well, we're getting spaghetti every day so probably not that...

Hmmm...how about something with chicken?

Baked salmon with potato salad!

If Cecile said that she'd pretty much combust in embarrassment though user.

>Implying that wasn't my plan all along

>how do I respond?

Well, we always make her breakfast, so how about she makes us some breakfast?

Oh, I didn't mean we shouldn't go for it!

I once did a relatively easy thingy which was basically all kinds of vegetables, some spices and a bird (I think it was something fancy like a pheasant) in a clay pot. Instead of a lid it was closed with flaky pastry.

Should be easy enough, since it is mainly chopping stuff up and layering it in a pretty manner.

What, you just grabbed a bird and tossed it in there?

Is there another way. There are shops selling them. They even come plucked, if you can imagine it.

>not making Charlotte pluck her own bird

Charlotte removing the innards, suddenly CC brings up how it’s good the bird is relatively big. It would be far more difficult to do to a small bird like Loki, for example.

Alright, no torturing the Char please.

Alright, subvote.

>baked salmon
>chicken pot pie
>something breakfasty

>chicken pot pie

>chicken pot pie

>>chicken pot pie

>chicken pot pie

I can get behind this

>>chicken pot pie

>writing

My mother waves her hand in front of my face.

"Cecile, you there?" she calls out.
"Wha-" I flinch. "Sorry, I was thinking of how cute Charlotte would look in an apron a-"

AAAAAAGH WHAT THE HELL AM I SAYING!?

"N- never mind that," I say, covering my face with my hands.
"Too late," my mother points to Charlotte, whose face is now bright red. "But back to my question, was there anything that you wanted her to make?"
"I dunno," I shrug. "Chicken pot pie?"
"Hmmmm..."

Deep in thought, Mom scratches her head and paces around the kitchen.

"W- wait a minute," Charlotte blurts out, "I thought we were going to stick to -novice- stuff! Aren't pies really hard to make?"
"Eh, just the crust," Mom shrugs. "And I think Cecile'll be okay with me helping a little with that... the rest is pretty much just chopping up the meat and vegetables and putting them inside, and that's as simple as it gets."
"If you say so..."

>[1/?]

>[2/2]

My mother takes a quick look in the fridge and cabinets before returning to us.

"Looks like we're short on a few things so I'm going to head to the grocery store to stock up. And once I get back, we can get started!" Mom says, giving Charlotte a thumbs-up.
"Er, sure," Charlotte sighs. "Thanks for helping me not make a fool out of myself."
"Oh I'm sure that Cecile would even enjoy it if I didn't help and it turned into an absolute disaster," she laughs. "knowing my daughter's love of teasing people and all..."

She's not wrong.

>what shall we do now?

>>what shall we do now?
Locate other parental unit. Move to its location.

This Then surprise him

Hmmmm, well I guess is a sound plan!

>bully Charlotte

That's it for tonight's thread. I would have liked to get to the end of things, but hahahahaha plans.
at least there was plenty of bullying to go around

The next thread will be on Wednesday night.

and now questions

Thanks for running arch.

Does Cecilemom suspect how lewd Cecile really is WRT aprons?

What's your favorite food?!

Is Char still a little uncomfortable around Cecile's parents or is she over the whole initial 'must impress her folks' phase?

What *did* you eat during the con?

>Does Cecilemom suspect how lewd Cecile really is WRT aprons?
Considering the way her other daughter acts, she has a suspicion that Cecile's constant sleepovers at Charlotte's place are lewdness-related. She doesn't suspect anything weird going on about aprons, though.

>What's your favorite food?!
I used to be able to answer KRAFT DINNER without any question, but nowadays I'm not sure.

>Is Char still a little uncomfortable around Cecile's parents or is she over the whole initial 'must impress her folks' phase?
It's less intense than it had been, but that sentiment is still there. And Cecile's mother intimidates the hell out of her either way.

>What *did* you eat during the con?
Onigiri and pizza, mostly.
On the first day, I ordered one pizza for myself and one for the others I was with and the delivery guy brought me four of them so I had lots of leftovers.

And now I pass out. Thanks for playing!

For further questioning:
maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

Game production blog:

>KRAFT DINNER
truly…?

Thank you for the thread~

What, mac and cheese? To be honest I've never understood the appeal of that...