How would you make a female BBEG that is funny?

How would you make a female BBEG that is funny?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xdEo_t-iVbM
youtube.com/watch?v=tUbev7Hz4B4
youtu.be/dLdD__-D_Pg?t=6m32s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

make her Rita Repulsa or some other saturday morning cartoon villian

One of my childhood crushes.

>AHHHH!

Make her a literal failed comedian. She turned to supervillainy, but still occasionally attempts to crack a bad pun and is dismayed every time nobody even smiles.

Frankly, probably the same way I'd make a funny male villain.

>Have them shoud "I have a great sense of humor" in an angry voice all the time

Really emphasize how she's a woman and if they don't find her funny then they are misogynists

Make them really awkward socially, possibly have her lick a gun or staff or some shit.

Or if she's black have her scream all the time.

only she can make my monster grow

DM had a "master" thief/rogue girl BBEG who was pretty hilarious because of how incompetent yet overly complicated in planning she was. We're talking Wil E. Coyote level failure shenanigans combined with Rube Goldberg-style complexity plans. Also self confident so she could at least claim that everything had gone according to plan or that she was victorious because one small tiny thing went right or because we the party slipped up somehow.

That sounds amazing, I'm stealing it.

I don't know how to make a funny male villian, but I think taking some pointers from Lord Berus would be really good

ACME strikes again!

Have the BBEG interaction with someone like a henchmen
Usually you can get the funny out

Make her a lovable bitch instead.
youtube.com/watch?v=xdEo_t-iVbM

I didn't notice from the thumb nail that OP had already posted Lord Dominator. whoops

>Make her a literal failed comedian.
What is, The Joker?

best butt

Those fucking hips man, jesus

The same way you'd make a funny male BBEG.

Sort of unrelated, but I really like the idea of a supervillaness with a really supportive husband.
Like after a day of foiled crime attempts, she flies home to her lair, all tired and frustrated with her lack of success, but then she's greeted by her husband and maybe a foot rub or something, and she calms down a bit.
Hubby asks about her day, knowing full well she won't stop speaking for at least a half hour. She'll probably side-track a bit, talking about how much she loathes those sissy do-gooders who always feel the need to stop her, or maybe just about how great she is. He doesn't mind, though. He loves her.
Goddamn, I need to write this.

My childhood crush was Maleficent.

Sounds a bit like these two

This sounds amazing. I'd love to run her.

But I can't, since one of my players would insist on edgelord torturing/executing her upon capture, and get into a huge argument with two of the others, which would spill out of the game.

Fuck my group.

Failure of her schemes is invariably explosive and sends her flying off.
Also if modern game, she has that worldwide tv broadcast gizmo which switches on accidentally to show the world her sulking and ranting in her lair. She doesn't realize she is broadcasting it.

My villains as a default have loved ones. I'm not saying it always comes up but I think adds a nice bit of depth to their character.

I want Maleficent to sit on my face

Same as you would a male BBEG, by making his/her behavior and speech humorous. Shit bait, 0/10.

The BBEG is a shapeshifting sorceress who is immensely powerful, beautiful and seductive. The whole nine yards.

Unfortunately for her, a previous magical accident have made her shapeshifting powers totally unreliable.

At any given moment her powers might decide to jump things ahead and change her into a new form. This gets especially awkward when she's trying to make a speech, strongarming someone in a political negotiation, or seducing someone. One moment the king is receiving threats from the sorceress, the next there's an over-excited faerie jumping up and down in front of him and yelling in a squeaky voice. There's no end of potential mishaps and frustration in store.

Keep reinforcing the fact that she is funny and that women can be funny, have her do some awkward slapstick or some low brow sexual innuendo that feels uncomfortable. Have her remind everyone that she isn't like regular women and shes cool and fun :)

This

PMS EVERYWHERE

Night of the Living Bea Arthur

Make him the town's shopkeeper that is constantly nagging her for kids and you've got a pretty good story on your hands

Are u ok user?
I can't see what you're seeing

I wouldn't.

Women aren't funny.

women are scary.

don't tell them that, someone will start a social media smear campaign against you.

Make her some kind of demented housewife type that always put on a flowery apron for the blood sacrifice and insist minions wear slippers in the dungeon

Half lich, half stepford wife

Christ. I'm fucking dying already.

Women can't be funny.

Go ahead, prove me wrong.

Like this, but you've got to do the laugh to really seal the whole "crazy" deal.

You ever seen a woman trip?

Like, falling on her ass or on acid?

I've seen both
They're both pretty funny

Tammy 2 from Parks & Rec could be a good starting point. An evil succubus whose over-the-top behavior is pretty funny.

Remember 30 Rock, Tina Fey's and Alec Baldwin's characters? Make it that.
Liz Lemon the Warlock, Jack the demon she works for.

This by a mile.

Be over the top and cartoonish. Actual female comedians tend to fall flat.

Dragon form lewds when

>all four golden girls appear as baddies in a campaign

>tfw it'll never happen

Hold me Veeky Forums.

Izma from The Emperor's New Groove.

Hilarious. Terrifying. Hilarifying!

youtube.com/watch?v=tUbev7Hz4B4

Who would be Jenna?
A friendly succubus?

Fcuking green babes
Tammy 1 is BBEG material.
Tammy 0 (Ron's Mother) is baiscally an elder god.

I hate you and people that are like you.

SHUT UP
IT'S NOT INVISIBLE
THE GENDER YOU GROW UP AS IS GOING TO AFFECT YOU
GIRLS AREN'T JUST DUDES WITH TITS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It isn't just going to magically happen, user. It's social shit. Yeah, they're different, but they're not always different.
Shit, generalising is hard. Maybe we shouldn't be talking about this and just maybe provide some more good examples of humorous female villains.

Abso-fucking-lutely this.

>one of my players would insist on edgelord torturing/executing her upon capture
that shit right there
FUCK that. I've been through that as a GM. I feel your pain.

Why?
Like, what is it about him that you don't like?

Sometimes being "funny" isn't the personality you think.

Consider making her genius level smart, but she's lonely for someone on her level, and tries too hard to be "funny" as a hobby. She's surrounded by capable sycophants, and the interplay between her and her staff is like watching a sitcom.

She's actually interested in the adventurers because they're smart or interesting, and have seen places she doesn't have the freedom to see. She's eager to strap them to tables in her dungeon and try some of her stand-up routine on them.

Holy shit, that's the character I'm running RIGHT NOW.

How can my character be funny if I'M not funny?

Checkmate, me. ;_;

>this is how I harpy

Female Aku

youtu.be/dLdD__-D_Pg?t=6m32s

The fuck am I looking at.

So Deandra Reynolds?

Missed it. Big Bird would make a great BBEG

Who would be her Charlie?

If you have to ask, then you aren't funny.

Women can't be funny.

Women trying to be funny and failing is pretty funny though, see

The Big Bird needs to have some minions doesn't she?

You need to work on some better material, user. That joke's gone stale.

>t. unfunny woman

Tell us a story user

A butcher backed up into a meat grinder.

He got a little behind in his work

>mommy says I'm funny!

Betty White is pretty funny

A bloke

Sent by Zeus to steal food?

>>t. unfunny woman

Ain't it obvious?

Women cannot be funny.

Just make Yzma from "The Emperor's New Groove" a lich and you're ready to go. She's got her whole mad scientist shtick, comes with a dedicated hench/straightman and according to an unused script idea wanted to blot out the sun.

Perfect comedic villainess material.

Bad example, she's the worst part of the show

Seriously Dennis, just fuck off.