>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers (currently mostly for 40k proxies and conversions)
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>How to Strip
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Ventilate, motherfucker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/bald-female-heads-x12
victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/arcadian-heads-x11-female
victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/dress-cap-heads-x11-female
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quick alter. Took the eyes idea from someone else

Cool, then the advice I offer to get a better white that's a little dirty but brings out depth and detail is as follows.

Prime white with a primer spray or a base white. Ensure the base is a nice even white. If your using citadel paints, use the white layer.
Multiple thinner coats are best. Consistency should be like full fat milk.

Then use either seraphim sephia wash, this offers a yellow tinge, or agrax earthshade for a dirtyies brown.
Don't slather all over the model as tempting as it is.
That's where things go wrong.
The black wash you are using jut turns the white to grey.
Use a fine brush and just lay the wash into al the crack and crevices a bit at a time. Imagine you are trying to paint those lines.

Let it completely dry for like an hour before attempting highlights.

Bugger. I only have the thumbnail. Anyone who has the full image, please chime in.

>Chronic solvent-induced encephalopathy
Fuck you for making me paranoid about the weird minor psychological symptoms I've been having since last month.
I'm just sleeping poorly is all, for real

Hello gang, still working on my overlord, when I can find a shred of time.

I may painted myself into a corner here, pun intended. I'm not sure what to do with the orbs in his cloak here.

Should I paint them glowing from the center (like the ressurection orb) or as more traditional gems / lenses?

An update to the third flagellant to Psyker conversion

Anyone have recommendations on basing materials? Looking for a woodland/forested sort of deal, looked at Woodland Scenics and Noch terrain, as well as GW's own stuff. Any preferred brands/brands to avoid?

I'd love some critique if possible on the cleaning up of the cloak after a wash, I tried improving after getting some help from /wip/ last thread on pic related's cloak

That's a lovely shot of your paint pot user.

I like it. Try watering down your red to a glaze and run it between the light and dark lines to smooth out the transition.

Third flagellant looks fantastic - do you have more shots of the lot of them?

The cloak looks good, you have a smooth consistant colour across it. All you need to do is add some edge highlights to the raised areas and its good to go. Make sure you wash that hair/beard as well.

Not any that are worth showing. I'll post more when the set is done. There's 7 left.

What kind of wash should I use for the beard? I've never really worked with hair a lot, I thought dry brushing white might make it look good but the position is awkward.

could you not?

Edge highlighting is for fags and ultramarines. Needs more grimdark.

Well, is it all symptoms or just a couple?
If it's a majority, go speak to your doctor.
Have you lost interest in sexual contact user?

Simple colour theory my friend, What's darker than grey? Black. Use a black wash. Then drybrush with the original colour, and then apply another lighter drybrush of white. That way you will get a nice 3 shades on it and lots of depth.

What makes it awkward? The worst thats going to happen is you will get some grey/white on the metal, in which case you can just go back and tidy it up afterwards by re-painting the metal areas.

>Awkward
I was mostly referring to the the face and the trying to easily get to the bottom bits due to the torch hand. Not impossible, I'm just not confident in drybrushing.

Don't worry user, drybrushing is easy. Just follow based Duncan's advice and he will lead you to enlightenment.

Update on the psyker. I might try the dry brushing again and neaten up the skin a bit.

Much easier to do with enamel or oil based washes over a gloss finish.

If I had to production line a bunch of white marines that's what I'd do.

I'm not even sure what I'm going to do to unfuck this model when it arrives.

The head I could perhaps make more skeletal and flayed, but the rest of the body isn't so simple to save, especially the awful forelegs.

I kinda dislike the hands, too. At least the resin version had a alternative elephant feet which looked a bit better.
For the assembly it's all but a tight fit, too. Had to use a shit ton of GS.
But whatevs, happy how he turned out. I like the concept and several details. One of the few really creepy looking miniatures.

Awkwardly most of those symptoms match my chronic fatigue diagnosis.
But I was always good about ventilation etc.

>unfuck this model when it arrives
What is this, a commission?

Nevermind, I simply failed my comprension check.

Just a really weird kingdom death sculpt.

show that list of symptoms to the kind of depressed shut ins that spent their time on Veeky Forums and you'll probably find that most people are gonna self diagnose at least a handful of those symptoms on themselves.

Which is why there are professionals that make a real diagnosis and wikipedia isn't a substitute for a visit to the doctor or a psychotherapist.

If it makes you want to be careful about ventilation, it's working as intended.

Threadly reminder to please post manifacturers you like so we can add them to the op(or add them yourself, account is wiptg pass is Veeky Forums)

Hey /wip/. I was looking for some opinions on pic related as a color scheme for a Tzeentch army.

Sorry if the quality is poor, but the general idea was a quartered color scheme of darker Red and Blue on the armor, and a flipped version in lighter color on the robes.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
>Psychological symptoms of CSE that have been reported include mood swings, increased irritability, depression, a lack of initiative, uncontrollable and intense displays of emotion such as spontaneous laughing or crying, and a severe lack of interest in sex.

This has got to be a chicken/egg situation for most people here.

>Anyone have recommendations on basing materials? Looking for a woodland/forested sort of deal, looked at Woodland Scenics and Noch terrain, as well as GW's own stuff. Any preferred brands/brands to avoid?

I have been digging out of the same bag of Woodland Scenics flock for decades. But that's lazy mode...

... Army Painter makes some pretty sweet goodies to add to your bases. Not sure if it's going to give you the full forest effect you're looking for, though.

What's a good clear liquid acrylic for water? I'm working on turning this massive piece of styrofoam I've got into a sewer diorama for my Kings of War ratkin. Any tricks to make the water look good?

Google for Water Effects, plenty of companies make them in a number of varieties.

Imo you should get
>dried branches for woodfall and broken trunks
>birch tree seeds for fallen leaves
>green flock for moss
>grass tufts
>maybe some railway model ferns

If you put that on a base you can add build pretty good forest bases.
If you sculpt from time to time, use the excess putty and some wire to make mushrooms to put on your bases as well.

Trying to ork up a Halftrack.
Very WIP though.

looking good so far matey I've got a dragon flak 88 I'm gonna orkify for my trukks

I also have a Tiger-1 but it's just so.. Boxy.

Hard to really thing of anything so do with it.

The facts it cam with rubber tracks didn't help either.

Looks nice. With a bit less orky bits it would look nice as an Taurox as well.

What scale did you use for the base kit? 1/35 or 1/48?

I think it's 1:35, got it in a used lot with the tiger and a shitload of kromlech greatcoats.

yeah I've got a tamiya tiger 1 to paint but I've never used an airbrush and I'm scared to start using it

lol, show that off in a hotglue thread in /gif/

the yellow shoulder trim really fucks up the cohesion of the quarters. maybe paint it either red or blue. or pick a metallic like gold or silver.

same with the yellow wings on the front of the calf ([paint the wings blue instead, to mirror the red skull on the blue leg)

Jesus christ.

Are you the guy who makes a bunch of ork vehicles, but cannot be assed to even prime a single one of them? Dude if you want to do a real WIP PAINT YOUR MODELS!

No dude, i think that's me.

But they're all primed now!

There's more than one of us.

And it's not just vehicles.

Fight the good fight orkbro! I just started on a new klan, this one will be Snakebites

Finally tackling the big guy since I managed to roll him in my groups Path to Glory campaign. He'll need some clean up, but I'm still working on just painting the lines right now.

Sup /wip/. I'm very soon going to no longer be a NEET, so I'm looking to start making a second army of Cyborg Catgirls, courtesy of Horus Heresy 5.

Right now I've got it down that I'm going to use a combination of greenstuff, florists wire, cybernetics from Anvil Industry, bits from Fantasy Empire models, and imperial guard weapons. But the last thing I need is good female heads, so I'm looking for a good third party seller for them.

Does anyone here know of a good company that sells female heads on the 28mm scale?

Forgot pic related.

Statuesque Miniatures, although I hate myself for enabling you.

Relax bro, I'm only going for 10% furry. They're just going to have cat ears and tails, maybe tiny claws added too if I get good enough with greenstuff.

Obviously Imperial Cults and Militia was intended for putting beastmen on the table, but I feel like Abhuman helots applies to felinids too.

Also, the heads look amazing. Thanks user!

>Relax bro
No.

If you had posted your pic I would not have helped you with your bullshit magical realm army concept.

This guy took me all my afternoon (sorry for the shit light, but it's already dark now) but I'm glad it's over

The crossbow is just cosmetic, but it looks radical, so I had to use it. Also, I don't think it shows, but his shield-paldron is suposed to be from Artois. I will probably give a better picture tommorow

Victoria miniatures in the op?

Yea, I checked out victoria miniatures before going on this thread, since they're already on my list. I wasn't really impressed at all by their female heads, but I do plan on using their Laslocks and Wheelock pistols. Other user mentioned Statuesque miniatures, which has enough variety that I can use. Only heads I can't use are the ones that already have ears on them.

He is showing the item in focus. The cloak. Just like he said.
Try to limit your idiocy by actually reading the words before you post, yeah?

Whatever you prefer

Continuing on with my gas container station from yesterday. Adding some bendy straw pipes and card stock detailing ("metal" bands) and such.

I guess I should add a fence and ladder to the catwalk too. Maybe some sort of control interface or console. I did remove the computer system from the interior of a space marine tank so maybe I will use this on the catwalk.

Any suggestions? I also have a single mounted canister to work on.

Pretty good i like the paint scheme and the effect,only problem would be that mould line(i think?) on his hand.

I think I am going to remove the copper elbow joint and energy drink white bottle top as well as the boiler heads from those sides of the tanks in order to add a flat piece of card like I did on the other side. Things just aren't sitting flush on that one side and it's really bothering me.
Plus, I may replace those boilder heads on the two outside tanks and add a copper pipe and energy drink bottle to the top just like the middle tank. Will add a bit of LOS blocking as well as balance out the back area.

Pretty rad, no suggestions though.

Guys I had the same problem. Make awesome ork conversions, look around at nothing painted, get depressed, make new awesome ork conversion to cheer myself up. Its not going to get better till you put paint to plastic, you are stuck in what I call the modeler's hell.

Now here is the good news. Since they are all different and custom, I found every one of mine was fun to paint, and had enough varitey I did not get bored. In fact I painted a cool vehicle, then 5 orks before I let myself paint another vehicle. It worked for me and I have been collecting since 3rd ed, so my backlog was literally 15 years.

thanks! yeah, the mould line appeared after I put the wash, I tought I had them all

that the one on his knuckles on the left hand? At least it looks mostly like gnarlly knuckles that have broken and healed many many times.

You never have them all

Put the completely build stuff that you have no intention of painting right away out of sight. Only bring it out when you are ready to base it. Once based, put away again if you don't intent to paint it right away.

Out of sight, out of mind. I have soooooo much stuff, but it's in cupboards and I only have out what I am actively working on. And I have been plowing through things lately.

Also, you will avoid dust build up if they are away behind doors.

Spray painted my shipping containers red, blue and grey. The blue is the same blue used on the Vent features. That blue will also be used on any building or fortification elements on other pieces if appropriate. The blue is intended to contrast with the orange rusts and the darkness and drab of the rest of the battle field.

I.... i have made fifteen mekboys so far.

Holy shit this Master's cleaner shit is fucking magic. Brushes are working like brand new and I've had them for four months.

So, someone gifted me a leman russ hull, the poor thing had the sponsons and the rear parts removed with a knife or something, the primer was impossible to remove even with acetone and similiar stuff, so i reprimed it and decided to cover the raped parts with some camo netting. Sorry for the quality, my phone is complete shit.

I tried to replace the engine with parts from my roomate's soul grinder kit

Thats some proper Ork conversion oppertunity right there.. or make a fancy objective marker..

But you did a good coverup!

And here is the tank so far, i dont know if it looks acceptable, i would make some better photos but im currently 700km away from the model

yes, protip: follow instructions on bottle.

My test run for custom decals, first lesson learned - the film on the paper I'm using is a bit thicker than gws, so gonna have to be more precise when cutting, other than that pretty happy how it came out

It's not so bad when it's set from a distance

Did you use drywall spackle to paint that shoulder? Jesus Christ

Victoria minitures has some really nice female heads

victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/bald-female-heads-x12

victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/arcadian-heads-x11-female

victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/dress-cap-heads-x11-female

I recently converted this lamia wizard from two bones models. This is also my first time using Reapers advice of unthinned paints for the first coat. I have quickly discovered that the trick to these is to keep very little paint on your brush for the first coat, to make sure there isnt too much.

Layers and washes were thinned normally, and I did the black hair by a coat of leadelcher, followed by seven coats of nuln oil.

>Hey, should I read the other responses before posting?
>Nah

Yea, I might buy up a few sets of these, but they'll only be sparsely used. I really want most of the felinids to have visible ears.

How you gonna be mad at another person enjoying their hobby? The fucking internet...I swear...

What a bunch of son of a bitches. As if painting that was that easy.

They still need to be cleaned up a bit but here's a snapshot of my Sisters conversions...I like how the bronze/purple scheme turned out. Might need to wash/highlight the armor a bit more to break up the monotony...but their are purity seals and stuff on the backpacks and I will probably add more to the guns/pauldrons/etc.

Highlight the gold with silver. That should also help stop the armour being a block of colour.

Why didn't you clean the model of sprue before painting? Looks so messy.

Rev up your paints people.

Added challenge. Make us proud anons.