What's Veeky Forums's favorite part about chaos?

What's do like the most about the ruinous powers?

The smell they have when burning.

The fact that the most important stuff for them is not galactic conquest but their internal wars.

Also killing their minions.

All the lovely gifts they bestow on us!

Everything related to Nurgle

How they always lose. They make great saturday morning villains. Never can win, always have an escape to come back and play again. Great for fun.

Just a little more grownup so the manchildren can feel like it's special again.

Fluff options. There's so many different potential ways to kit out, model, paint, or otherwise customize a Chaos force, because it could basically be anything.

I like the simplicity of Khorne's method. No overly complicated plan, no space aids and no need to install sub woofers into your face. If you want somebody dead just cave their head in with a brick and be done with it.

Nothing.

The fact that instead of some cosmic entity that's randomly decided the galaxy is on its shitlist, that it is, instead, a direct product of mortal psyches reflecting upon the Immaterium. The Chaos Gods ARE Humanity, the Eldar and most other races in a loose kinda way, which kicks ass more than just random evil entities from beyond.

That they are man's sins come back to claim him from beyond the veil of reality.

I like some of their individual characters like Kharn.

L O R G A R
O
R
G
A
R

I just like the Iron Warriors

The part where they're totally organized.

Those are the very much Chaos-opposed Legion of the Damned. The guys in the Space Marines codex. Idiot.

I hear he's a swell guy

Honestly their aesthetic is just really awesome. They can be fluffed as tyrants, rebels, zealots or soldiers of fortune and it would all work fine in universe. They're physical manifestations of humanities persona made manifest. In a depressing future where you're raised your entire life to be a small cog in a galaxy spanning machine, it's unsurprising that some would find the escape Chaos provides to be refreshing to the constant propaganda the imperium spits out. That's not to say they're not just as capable of commiting atrocities, but at least they know WHY they are doing so. Chaos gives purpose to a purposeless existence.

I wish we had more examples of Chaos Aliens working with the traitor legions. I'd think that Chaos Warband would accept all kinds as long as they were strong enough to survive.

>Chaos Aliens working with the traitor legions

They still hate aliens.

What chapter is that marine from?

Fists Exemplar.

The red of the world eaters isn't paint, it's the dried blood of their enemies. Blood for the Blood God and so on.

It's actually an Imperial Fist, though memelords like do have a point.

>daemons are aliens

Not the same thing.
Daemons are divine, aliens are like niggers.

>not understanding that you can be a divine nigger

you got to be shitting me user

corpse worshipper out OUT OUT OUT GET OUT

But blood dries a dark brown. Have you never seen dried blood?

Why? They work with literal Daemons and mutants. What causes aliens who worship Chaos to be over the line?

Their daemons

Aliens are like niggers, we've be over this.

dey make fer gud stompin'

So are Chaos Marines who regularly pillage, backstab and kill for amusement. If an alien would be useful, even as a pawn, to the efforts of the gods, why not accept them?

>If an alien would be useful, even as a pawn, to the efforts of the gods, why not accept them?

Human supremacy.

But you're sacrificing your humanity already to serve the Chaos gods. Human supremecy sounds an awful lot like Loyalist bullshit.

Humans regardless of their allegiance are wary of aliens because they're told stories when they're young of how they were betrayed during the Age of Strife. Humans collectively have massive butthurt towards Xenos as a result.

>But you're sacrificing your humanity already to serve the Chaos gods.

Not really, humans are the chosen race. Chaos Marines have been hating aliens since they were born, and that doesn't just go away. Then the Legions have their own cultures and traditions that extend all the way back to their Crusade days.

Monsters! Monsters from the id!

It'd probably have to be their complexity and their likeness to mankind

Every emotion feeds into Chaos, whether it be hate or love, debauched happiness or sadness. The Gods have a bit of everything within them, and in turn, you see it in people as well. There's the absolute possibility that somewhere in the WHFB/WH40k universe, there, somewhere in a Slaaneshi nation, is a school that lovingly teaches their students to be the best they can be, no catch or destructive outcome included. At the same time, there's a cannibalistic warlord that plunges into the most depraved acts imaginable everyday. Somewhere, there's a Khornate Farmer who loves his family and fends off trespassers honorably, while there's also a Tyrant who slaughters uncountable innocents in horrendous dedication. There's a Tzeentchian Daemon who loves to cuddle and read books with their hubby, and there's one that brings Empires to the grave. There's a Nurglite nursery that cares for it's children, and there's a Nurglite nursery that poisons the kids. All in all, you can follow Chaos in whatever fashion you'd like.We're all just trying to make it in the end, whether that means living faithfully, or achieving Daemonhood. If you choose the latter, you accept a great deal of risk for your ambition, but the rewards are worth the trouble Are they???

Their aesthetics are also amazing as is their way of speaking

>favorite part about chaos

I like how we got to make trollface jokes for about 15min in 3rd ed, and snowflake jimmies are still rustled about it to this day.

The freedom it gives me.

I can do anything I want and it'll still please my Patron God. It's a good feel the warp overtaking me, it is a good pain!

Wonder how many amps I would need to hook up to literally deafen everyone on the planet at once.

This. 40k obviously focuses a lot on the martial, depraved side of Chaos, but background lore shows that you do have Chaos worlds where the people have always worshiped the gods as normal deities, both their good and bad qualities being invoked as such.

Daemon worlds are still pretty fucked though regardless who you are.

A heretic could argue that, seeing as how all the eldar are slaves to chaos, the orks have pretty much no business with the warp, and with the necrons and tyranids also having no business with them besides how much they like destroying it, that the warp could be considered the true "soul" of humanity.

Of course that's bullshit, the old ones and eldar corrupted the warp to high hell, but humans are definitely the dominant warp-presence/snacks right now. Thus the warp is very humanlike(compared to what it was).

>corpse worshiper
>this is a bad thing

Chaos Dwarfs

Word Bearers.

My World Eaters have always been dear to my heart, even if they haven't exactly been good always.

Still, it was my first army, and fealt awesome when they'd tear Loyalist marines to pieces.

Black Legion
>You will never wield dual bolt pistols while posing heroically next to your Warlord.

Didn't the Dark Eldar train Fabulous Bill?

Fabius Bile sure, but Fabulous Bill was trained by the Harlequins. Best glam rocker this side of segmentum Pacificus he is.

But a thing to like about the Chaos Marines is show them as a foil to their regular brethren, where loyalists sacrifice for a cause greater than themselves. Chaos marines only work to further their own personal goals even at the expense of their legion or fellow chaos marines. They are pure selfishness in its unbridled form.

Pretty much this.

I don't like the current on the chaos gods; I'd prefer to have tons of major and minor entities bickering, ala Moorcock.
4 gods feels... less chaotic.

That they can be overcome with faith in the emperor
Making it possible that one day, they might be defeated

>not understanding that it was in reference to the statement that killing chaos is one of his favorite parts of chaos

The aesthetic.

Also this

And that is (or was) why they don't Know No Fear.

Also, the best part of Chaos is obviously the qt daemon titties.

Reminder that imperials actually view Chaos as a bigger threat than xenos, hence occasional collaboration between Inquisitors/GK and aliens, especially eldar, against Chaos.

So if anything, the Imperium might be more xenos friendly than chaos-cucks.

So Chaos Spess Muhreens follow the Emperors teachings better than loyalists do?

To be honest, I would rather romance a cute mistress of change than have anything to do with Slaanesh trannies.

makes me wish I had 10 hands

FOR THE SLAUGHTER