Warhammer 40k General

I didn't have another image edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for the Enclaves

It's actually Tau vs Imperium, but you're right. I just wasn't sure.

YEah, but it takes place on a "small" forgeworld, and the only confirmed factions are Kel'shan Tau,AdMech with 30k stuff, and Red Scorpions with 30k stuff. And maybe some actually-insane battle automata.

Are Greenwing DA any good? I want to play them without turtling.

I find funny how one of the Sept previously know for being "The Artists" is now the Riptide Spammers. I guess "artist Sept" was too lame for a wargame.

FUCK YOUR SHIT AUTISTIC WEEABOO FAGGOT XENOS SCUM! IMPERIAL GUARD REPORT IN!

RIGHT HERE, SIR! WE'LL TAKE CARE OF THESE XENOS!

CAD - 1750

++Chaos Space Marines++

+HQ+
Typhus (warlord) 230

Chaos Sorcerer (Mark of Nurgle, Bike, ML3, Sigil of Corruption) 170

+Troops+
30x Cultists (Plague Zombies) 130

7x Plague Marines (Meltaguns x2, VotLW, Rhino) 195

+Fast Attack+
5 Chaos Spawn (mark of Nurgle) 180

+Dedicated Transport+
Rhino - 35

+Lord of War+
Chaos Knight Paladin (Daemon Knight of Nurgle [Daemon, IWND & Hatred (Tzeentch)]) 450

Chaos Daemon Allies:
++Allied Detachment++

+HQ+
Great Unclean One (ML3, Exhaulted Reward) 270

+Troops+
10x Plaguebearers - 90

Artist sept would have been great, if they had actually shown some models painted up from that sept with whatever neat patterns they used.

Leviathan Dread has 30k and 40k rules. 40k rules have a debuff and can't take the Radguns.

Tau without stealth fields apparently have a sort of active camouflage that can change the pattern on-the-fly.

Doesn't stop them from showing off color schemes for everything else.

Just list it under a header as (insert sept name here) Parade Armor and it's solved.

>turtling
What does it mean to "turtle"
Also green wing is just regular space Marines. Although we don't get access to the new dreadnought or rhino variants.

I would assume turtling refers to just hunkering down and playing a defensive gunline.

Turtling is when you sit in cover and don't move.

>What does it mean to "turtle"

Sit back in a defensive formation, pick off threats with your long range guns and punish anyone trying to get close to your army

That doesn't sound very fun.

Red Scorpions get more than just the dreadnaught, they get other 30k stuff, too, like the clawed drop pods.

It isn't, which is probably why he asked for a way to play that wasn't that.

generally you wouldnt just turtle your entire army, some armies like tau are geared towards having strong turtles mixed with small squads that move out to take objectives

In that case can't he just play it like normal marines? I mean it's not like its tau or anything.

he could just build around bikers and deep strikes for less "big men with big guns and good armor saves walking towards people"

>Gue've'sa

It's Gue'vesa

Chaos despise the godless above all else, they give exactly -1 fucks about how to spell that shit.

yeah okay whatever goyvespa

I believe it's actually G'u'e'v'e's'a

Then how come they have Abaddon as their Warmaster?

According to the Word Bearers and most recently Kharn, Abaddon is a faithless pretender who doesn't serve the will of the Chaos Gods.

Look at all these fucks I can not possibly give

Because watching something who think he is hot shit get reamed over and over is hilarious

Guardsman! By communicating with Xenos you have brought untold shame to your Immortal God-Emperor. Only by taking your life can you redeem yourself!

Not when he is your only hope at winning.

If Chaos hates godlessness, they wouldn't be betting on Abaddon and investing so much in him.

YOU ARE A MIGHTY GOD EMPEROR OF THE GREATEST IN THE GALAXY AND YOU'RE TALKING TO A LOWLY GUARDSMAN LIKE ME! YOU SHAME YOURSELF! THE ONLY WAY FOR YOU TO RESTORE HONOR TO YOURSELF AND THE ENTIRE IMPERIUM IS TO END YOUR OWN LIFE.

>at winning
chaos' followers don't give a fuck about "winning"

That's kinda why they have to be tricked, coerced and/or forced into accomplishing shit by their gods. Likely the reason behind picking an overgrown bully as their warmaster, too.

Anything new or incoming after these metal boxes/cargo crates?

I heard that there might be metal bags

IA14 by early august.

Something about Lost Patrol is what I heard.

What are the odds of an Armoured Battlegroup update?

Extremely slim.

Are these things going to be in IA14? Or do I have to wait till HH Book 7? Which I assume is Burning of Prospero?

Probably both

Neat. Apparently all the robots are available now. They got locked up by Ad Mech and they got released, I believe they got locked under the minor Forge World the Tau invade and the Ad Mech release them.

Plus some stuff about Red Scorpions which is minor spoilers.

I hear Lions Blade is pretty decent but to me if you are playing Demi then you may as well use Codex Space Marine.

I can field 5000 points of Dark Angels without owning a single troop or transport.

yeah, but your stuff is purple and gold.

>Next Primarch is Russ
>Then Magnus
>Then Dorn
>Then Alpharius

Funny how the latter has been around for ages, yet is dumped back to the queue. Also, I need to finish my Lizardmen army (at least put it together) as the Ad Mech 30k stuff are coming soon.

But I have a question, are these weapons 'alt' loadouts? I can't tell what they are. R'varna Riptide? Y'vahra?

Yeah, but the robots are very old and crazy.

Had my first 500pt match on sunday as Tau and am thinking of moving to 750pt this sunday, any thoughts on this setup?

Darkstrider - 100pts

Crisis suit, 2x FB, Drone Controller (60pts)
Crisis suit, 2x flamer, TL (37pts)
Crisis suit, Plasma + TL Plasma (57 pts)
4x Markerlight Drones (48 pts)

9x Carbine FW, Carbine Shas'ui, Guardian Drone, Devilfish w/sensor spines and Dpod (212 pts)
10x Rifle FW, SMS turret (100pts)

2x Broadsides, TL Rail TL SMS, 1 with TL (135 pts)

Total 749 pts

Left is Y'Vahra, the flying close-rang flamer riptide.
The other is an XV9 Hazard suit, a sort of heavy weapons close range Crisis suit.

>chaos' followers don't give a fuck about "winning"

Shhhhiiiiiitt, user. It's like you didn't read the Night Lords series.

A lot of CSm who joined Abaddon did so because they got tired of pointless reaving. They wanted to have a chance at winning the Long War.

>purple and gold.
Thanks for noticing me, senpai.

its yellow, not gold.

Thanks user.

Vostroyan Firstborn reporting for duty.
Nyet. My eyes what a horrible uniform.

Also note that unless they have upscaled the size of Hazard Suits, they arent as big as riptides.

Basically what this guy said. Y'Vahra has the standard loudout which can't change whilst the Hazard seems to be equipped with Pulse Submunitions Rifle which is a large blast horde-clearer, if I remember right.

Is Ivan going to beat that Tau with a wrench? He's the one where that back left.

Anyone know some good sites to get used models beside Ebay and /r/miniswap?

If anyone is searching for Grishnak stuff, add "models" to your Google search with their name. Popped right up.

Again, they're cool sculpts & less tits-out than Wargames Exclusive, but $10 more expensive than Raging Heroes for a squad of 5 regular Battle Sisters.

Can't wait for this book.

>it's a shill who gets the get :(

We are currently playing a lot of 500 point zone mortalis in my area. Since a lot of them are played on Space Hulk-ish battlefields (small corridors, a few large open spaces, doors, etc.) I was thinking of making a Genestealer heavy army.

What would you guys suggest? I have no experience with Nids, but looking at the book, stealers look terrifying, but I can't really see a good HQ to use for such an army.

Checked, for the Emperor

>Grishnak advertiser

I'll let it pass...

Hazards baseline is two TL Burst cannons. They can switch one or both out. Most recent rules is Taros 2nd Ed.

Yeah, but they don't look like shit like Raging Heroes or WGE.

>shill gets the get
This board deserved it

> shill
I literally told people they could get the same doe cheaper. There just seemed to be some interest. God knows I don't want to help Russians, those theocratic totalitarian fucks.

The basic battle sister squads look OK, really; so do the Seraphim. & to be fair, RH's Repentia aren't much more cheesecake-y than GW's.

>shill get

They're fine sculpts, but they are completely outside of the 40k aesthetic. It looks about as right as using a gundam to proxy a riptide. Regardless of how you feel about gundams, they aren't really in keeping with the Tau Empire's aesthetic.

Do you expect to get much use out of that devilfish when it's the only vehicle in the entire list?

Any more artwork of these dashing gentlemen? I know of only one other picture.

in the 500 pt match my carbine squad didnt have much luck being useful, they managed to move 12" getting shot up by bolters and then was stuck the rest of the match just covering the crisis suits

The idea was they use the devilfish to get into the middle and start being a major thorn that is hard to assault thanks to both the devilfish and darkstrider, while also having decent cover saves and an invuln save just in case

remove
e
m
o
v
e

What's a unit in your codex you've never taken?

What would make you take it?

>Riptides

>Being fair and fitting the fluff of my army better

>Rough riders
I'd take em if they had models and if they were tougher than a guardsmen.

Vespid

If they were jet infantry, not jump infantry

they have fucking wings, why cant they JSJ

>vespid

Cooler models?

They're not a terrible unit, but we've got so many better ways to kill MEQ, and there's nothing that makes them cool or unique enough to compete with the other options. They don't even need to be buffed, necessarily, they just need to be more fun or interesting to use.

Actually, just making them able to fly might be neat. Like miniature FMCs. I'd use them then.

>riptide / stormsurge

Hard to say. I hate the model, and I don't like the idea of suits that large at all. I don't know that I'd ever take one.

IMO, the only armies with non-vehicle models that big on the table should be Tyranids.

>kroot hounds / Krootox

Better rules, independent squads, or both. I like taking Kroot already.

Maybe I can find a use for Krootox in a future list.

>skyray

I dunno. Hate the model, don't care for the rules. Changing both is the only way. I don't mind the idea of the unit, unlike riptides.

>theocratic
maybe
>totalitarian
seriously?

>let them fly

ehh i wouldnt go that far, at that point you have a multi model flying unit, having skyfire would be a requirement just to make them fuck off

Maybe, they're really squishy though.

And they only threaten units at very close range. Plus, you can make it so they snapshoot at the ground while flying.

In the air, they're fast and durable but inaccurate. On the ground, they're glass cannons.

Its not a wrench, its a Vostryan pattern lasgun.

My friend went to the FLGS because he was interested in starting 40k.

The guy working there talked him into buying the Knights set because "it's a complete army in one box!"

Possessed.

Just making them W2 would go a LONG way to making them a viable unit to me.

He's just going to make sure his helmet is on tight and fully functioning.

Fucking heretical

That's the butt of a Vostroyan lasgun, which is worth more than the man who carries it and is probably centuries old in and of itself.

worst case scenario is he just adds a start collecting box to them and gets accused of cheese every match

Ironstrider Ballistae

If I didn't love lance-weilding chicken walkers so much.

> Howling Banshees
The only aspect warrior I don't have. Never liked the grillface look on Eldar helmets. I haven't seen their 7e rules but I assume they also still have their terrible str 3.

What's a kit you've had a lot of fun putting together and painting?

I'm looking for a change from Marines and Eldar. I picked up some Orks and they were a blast.

Needs more dakka.

Is The Eight fun to run as a 1500 list?

The Earth Caste. In charge of air-to-ground missile magnet designs since M41.

Is running an army of just Nurgle daemons viable or do you have to mix and match?

Are these anti-aircraft or nukes?

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear?

Yes.

So they got some very important buffs in 7e. They are still S3, but that isn't there biggest problem, they can even get furious charge and rage if you have an avatar nearby anyways.

They're biggest problem is that what they are now really good at is getting a sweeping advance. And they're best target is still Space Marines, which for stupid reasons can't be swept.

Good in Zone Mortalis now, and not utter garbo outside of it.

The buffs btw are they now don't suffer initiative penalty for going through difficult terrain, +3" to charge as well as run, prevent overwatch, and now only cost as much as a dire avenger. And the aspect host means you aren't fighting for elite slots.

As for the model, I kitbash most of my aspect warriors out of Dark Eldar and craftworld troop bits anyways.