Roleplaying Question

Hey Veeky Forums i recently joined a new DnD Group and we're trying out 5th, i managed to get a 4 on charisma thats a -3 penalty right off the bat and i have no idea how to roleplay that without sounding like DUM DURR DUM, any ideas? my intelligence is 14 so i can play off dumb and quiet. My last character was a bard so im struggling with ideas here.

Roleplay autism. Or social anxiety.

*Cant play off dumb* goddamn spelling

This. Have your character be very quiet and uncomfortable in social situations, and perhaps with very low emotional intelligence. They're smart, just unable to understand how people around them are feeling.

Sounds like a good idea, i just hope they dont think im not engaging with social events, rather than my character has difficulty doing so,

>trying out 5e
>rolling stats
I shiggy diggy

High Int and low Cha? Overbearing knowitall?
Low Cha doesn't mean quiet, just unliked in social situations.

Your character could also just be an insufferable knowitall. Someone who legitimately doesn't understand why people dislike them for correcting them.

You could also have very unattractive scarring and blemishes to have low CHA, if someone says that's not true cause some people like scars remind them girls today like total jackasses too so you gotta leave subjective thoughts out.

So, spergy autist

Well, you're certainly in the right place if you want to learn what a high INT low CHA person is like. Welcome to Veeky Forums, kid.

As long as you explain what your character is doing it should be fine, esp. if you play it for laughs now and then.

not that you're bitter or anything
all those 'jackasses' probably have relatively high charisma

CHA could be entirely physical as well. Maybe your character has an ugly scar or crossed eyes...maybe they don't bathe.

I played a low CHA character with partially cropped ears (a common criminal punishment in the land). The low charisma was due to the sight of the mutilation and the knowledge he was a criminal.

My character is a shard mind so i could roll it into racial xenophobia as well.

Just do point buy or standard spread:
15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
If your DM has you rolling for stats then you have bigger problems that RPing a dumb or socially awkward character.

>playing 4e

Shouldn't you be in school?

>Completely ignore OP's question so you can rail against rolling

>Low CHA, the post

role"playing"it.... as if OP has to "play" this out...