OC Thread #9

Welcome to the Veeky Forums OC thread.
Previous Thread: Tell us about your original characters, new and old. Let's hear some stories of valor and glory and build some legends in here.

>THIS THREAD IS PRIMARILY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITES FROM YOUR GAMES
It's like the Storythread, but centered on characters that we all know and help make. Your Original Character can be any character you've played, are playing, or want to play!

>WHEN POSTING YOUR OC
Give us a little blurb about your character, this is a brag thread after all. Some basic questions to get you started:
• Name:
• Role(s):
• Goals:
• Traits:
• Flaws:
• Allies:
• Enemies:
• Other Relations:
• Physical Description:

Write and share stories about each others' characters (use a pastebin for works that would take up multiple posts). Draw and share pictures of each others' characters (please link offsite in the event of NSFW work).

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own.

Need help developing a new character concept? Ask away!

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way. If you can't draw, write something for someone and vice/versa.

>CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
1. A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?

2. What major vices or addictions does your character have?

>IF YOU JUST NEED CHARACTER ART, GO TO THE DRAW THREAD
There are more artists consistently there that are actively looking for requests to fill, that's not the case here.

>DON'T MAKE A NEW THREAD UNTIL PAGE 10
Use art from these threads as OP image when possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/012k5RcKoOfFyV7ug
youtu.be/JsYeeNywXL4?t=407
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

3. Describe your character using a historical figure.

It's a proud moment when we have husbandos in the OP pic.. Especially when one of your OC is in the OP pic.

The one in the middle is just smokin'

Ian Graham, present and accounted for.

I know you meant far left, but I forgive you. I also know you were joking regarding his flaming head.

Count em not one, but FIVE husbandos!

It's smoke not fire! He's very insensitive about it, please be respectful! ¨

More husbandos plz.

Remember we have a discord for chatting and not spamming up the thread to oblivion Like I tend to do.

discord.gg/012k5RcKoOfFyV7ug

>3. Describe your character using a historical figure.

I can't not see Sigmund as Grizzly Adams.

Repostin

When Pandora was about fourteen, the assassin that had taken her brought her back to her parents, to see them from afar. It had been eight years and the old murderer had put in more time raising her than her flesh and blood had. Calahan was an adequate father, but by the nature if their relation had to be harsh with her for training. Thats what she thought she was doing when she suddenly started recognizing certain barns and trees. But the people seemed downtrodden.

No one recognized her, she was just some girl riding in with a sellsword. They couldnt even tell if she was wife or daughter, Calahan only being about thirty.

Prices were almost double due to taxes to the local lord; her father as she learned. The contract with the order had worked; the king had returned the lands to her family after the death of Sir Hawan, an upjump from the war a decade past. But the price had been Pandora and her sister, too high for her now late mother.

So her father sat alone in the castle, drinking at the expense of the common folk. He'd grown fat and she could only hope it was from guilt.

But no matter how tightly she clutched her dagger, Calahan wouldn't let her meet him. Her father had hired the order. Now he was protected from the order. He was untouchable.

She never found out if that trip had been Calahans idea, or the Demons.

>1. A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?

Idk, Angelina Jolie? It would work better if this movie was released 10 years ago I think...

Or failing that, Kate Beckinsale? Like Underworld 1 style Kate Beckinsale.

>3. Describe your character using a historical figure.
The only person I can think to compare Thug to is John Henry. He has the constitution to work for days and a strong arm skilled in smithing so he's good with a hammer.

The first part reminds me of Elektra and Stick from Daredevil.

The rest of it doesn't make sense to me, but that may or may not be my comprehension skills being subpar right now.

>1. A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?

Natalie Dormer? Maybe Emma Watson. She'd have to dye her hair blonde though.

Youve probabky just forgotten that she was abducted into an assassin order as payment for a hit her father put out, to go back from being a disgraced noble to having his lands again.

>Natalie Dormer? Maybe Emma Watson

But user, both of those actresses are too flat to play Isara.

Natalie Dormer a cunt.

Easy, Cata was loosely inspired by the last Byzantine Emperor. I used his armor as inspiration for hers, and if I wasn't able to find a good Law deity, I would've homebrewed one called the Marble King.

If I had to pick one that was somewhat like her...I'm not sure. Joan of Arc?

Poor taste user

Wow, Arnwulf's player here. That looks really cool. Nice job!

Hello thread anything cool happen in the past day or so? Got to have another session with Mara and we made it to the midway checkpoint town, where I was able to drop off the contractors and pick up Calvin and Sigmund as NPC followers.

• Name: Mara

• Role(s): Long range defensive marksman, inventory tracker.

• Goals: Cross through the Direspire mountain range safely with her caravan, delivering much needed supplies to a war ravished countryside. It's an winter-based apocalypse world in a D&D setting (ice dragons awoke after centuries of slumber to lay claim to the world, trying to uncover how this happened), so medicinal herbs and products are scarce.

• Traits: Focused and patient, willing to let the other party members be charging idiots and draw the enemies out for her.

• Flaws: When she does become engaged in close quarters combat (not her comfort zone) she gets overloaded and can sometimes freak out and break down from the fright and terror, and due to a traumatic event in her past (see below).

• Allies: Salas Pritchett, the medical know-how powerhousr. He is key to the countryside's survival and must be protected at all costs.

• Enemies: Her former faction, the "Firesoar Carvers", which she escaped from after being assaulted and sexually abused by the other members. This has led her to be mistrusting of all but her closest friends, and she becomes very uncomfortable or even openly distraught when standing too close to someone (this is what I meant in the "Flaws" line). They pursue her for being a deserter.

• Other Relations: Her father Ark, who is in the destination town, dying of a sickness that the caravan carries the treatment for.

Isara's actually has a pretty modest sized chest, though her lewd picture would say otherwise.

How about Emma Stone?

• Name: Wellyn Elias Ashlt
• Role(s): Caster, Support, Investigator
• Goals: Working on this.
• Traits: The world is too much with him, he thinks he is a little smarter than everyone else, he is deeply suspicious of joy, he sees sincerity as a weapon that can be used against him, and he conceals his emotional needs.
• Flaws: Poor attitude, a lack of formal training in magic, and a deep mistrust of others are the main plauges of Wellyn's life.
• Allies: His familiar Bough, a Crocguana.
• Enemies: N/A
• Other Relations: None thus far.
• Physical Description: Short, unruly rusty brown hair, atop a head that fits a narrow often frowning face and grey eyes that dart around like flies. His body is neither muscular nor, weak and carries with it the frame of a swimmer. His face contains few scars of past troubles, and his guant fingers are attached to callused burned hands.

> A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?
Elijah Wood. He's got the quiet youthful mannerisms that I think would be perfect. Besdies, he was also Frodo.

>What major vices or addictions does your character have?
Alcohol, alcohol, and alcohol. Wellyn is a heavy alcoholic just barely bordering on functional at times. Someone who knows him well enough can tell something is wrong when he's not drinking.

>Describe your character using a historical figure.

I guess the closest I could come up with is Ned Kelly. Just sort of a driven person who is willing to go to ridiculous lengths to get his way and isn't willing to go down without a fight.

Hm. I didn't think of her. Yeah, she'd be perfect actually.

No need to thank me!

I know you too well at this point.

>potential dat guy
Why is her torso unarmoured, but legs are?

0/10 fan-fic tier

That guy-tier, probably the shittiest backstory I've seen on Veeky Forums

Shitty, but not that guy kinda bad

>Female character who's a rape victim
Every time.

>Why is her torso unarmoured, but legs are?

Because that's what the artist drew, so I just think of it as she's halfway through armoring up.

What kind of bad is he? I'm looking to improve.

Try giving actual feedback or don't bother.

>shittiest backstory I've seen on Veeky Forums
Must be your first day, then. Does your dad know you're on Veeky Forums right now?

inb4 we burn a shit ton of replies on a shitter

Just ignore them when they're being this obvious, Jesus.

A character with those traits is likely to be a pain in the ass for the rest of the party.

This guy is meant to be part of an adventuring group, and maybe, somehow, you've been able to get your interests aligned with the rest of them, but nigga your character's shtick is gonna wear thin on them, OOC.

Of course, I don't know how you play that character as, but using tacky stuff like "he is deeply suspicious of joy, he sees sincerity as a weapon". Why the fuck is he even alive then? It's indicative of your character either acting like a wannabe House or a zombie who thinks giving monosyllabic answers is actually cool.

No, really. From now on I'll be all, "but this isn't as bad that character who'd been a fuck slave in the past and ended up ruining combat encounters by panic attacks"

I'm not Mara's player, but from what they said a few threads ago it's a solo game between them and a DM. That would make the difference to me.

• Name: Lars
• Role(s): archer, somehow also the voice of reason
• Goals: to be liked and respected, for a change
• Traits: self-deprecating, also finds time to deprecate other party members, easily flustered, experienced at fighting dirty because he's pretty sure he'll lose in a fair fight
• Flaws: known criminal, crippling self-loathing, resentful of people who think they're smarter than him, which happens a lot since he's actually pretty dumb
• Allies: the party's rogue came from the same band of highwaymen as him. Also, as a boy he was a wizard's apprentice, but realized he wasn't smart enough to be a wizard and ran away from his master's tower with all the stolen goods he could carry. However, the wizard never forgot about him, and he left him a sweet magic bow in his will when he died. This guilted Lars into trying to go straight.
• Enemies: His former criminal employer, Handsome Charlie, wants him dead for some reason or other.
• Other Relations: A whore mother he refuses to see
• Physical Description: Scrawny, generally filthy, oversized nose

I like him user. I like him a lot.

He sounds like a fun character to interact with

He's a pretty normal human being in that regard. He just doesn't give anyone trust unduly and think that anyone who acts in a straight forward kind manner has an ulterior motive. I was just using flowery language to describe paranoia. I think you're looking too far into the extreme. Also how do you act like a house?

I have nothing to say then

That probably raises more red flags, is this character meant for erp or what?

See, you faggot, this is how you do a decent character. I would love to have him in my party.

One, the character is the sort that is likely to have a variety of interaction with various members of the party.

Two, he probably took a tenth of the time to come with the character compared to your cesspool of faggotry.

Okay, maybe he overdid the self effacing bit a little too much, but any gm would let that pass.

Great character all in all.

>Also how do you act like a house?
House MD, played by Hugh Laurie. Gets mentioned in character descriptions fairly frequently.

So, now from a manic depressive, you're making your guy sound like every other human being on the planet. I'm not sure what to say other than as long as all those mental issues don't form the bulk of your roleplay, it's probably fine.

But, you need to realize that your character's archetype is really fucking common. Almost of a cliche, something like this is fairly common too, because apparently everybody likes average joes.

Has there ever been an OC mentioned in these threads you thought was very solid?

doubtful because he probably only just got here and decided to piss about.

Right here, mate That's a weird way to respond to criticism after asking for it, though

Piss about? He's giving some very valid (albeit harsh and blunt) advice about characters in this thread.

You're talking to a different person dude, I'm just finding the frank criticism refreshing after a bunch of "oh they're just greats."

Totally unrelated, but I've never seen two posts with the exact same timestamp on them in the same thread.

The below post was meant for whoever this trainwreck belongs to.

>See, you faggot, this >47559030 is how you do a decent character. I would love to have him in my party.

>One, the character is the sort that is likely to have a variety of interaction with various members of the party.
>Two, he probably took a tenth of the time to come with the character compared to your cesspool of faggotry.
>Okay, maybe he overdid the self effacing bit a little too much, but any gm would let that pass.
>Great character all in all.

Perhaps offer constructive advice instead of deliberately trying to fuck with people. I agree with you that the character is "eh" tier, but it's nowhere close to how you're making it out.

All you're doing right now is hurling insults at a post, how can user improve that character while still retaining their original vision?

I'm not their mother. Why would anyone expect to be mollycoddled on the fucking internet?

If they want to take the feedback for what is or act all pissy and wronged, that's up to them.

This is a thread for constructive criticism to help make better characters. Not a place for you to shit on other peoples ideas because it makes you feel superior. If you're not willing to participate in helping then leave.

It's not feedback, it's shitposting. The fact that you have zero input on how to improve it confirms to me you're just here to stir up shit.

If you've been here before you would know that the player also mentioned the backstory being related to irl events to them, maybe this is therapeutic to them.

Had some help from another user, so posting the revised bios.

Name: Margnus

Roles: Father figure and buff hoarder.

Goals: ADVENTURE! Loves to meet new and interesting people, and living life to the fullest with his beautiful family.

Traits: Happy-go-lucky, flexible in life, full of love and generosity. Very protective of close friends and family.

Flaws: Thinks most people are innately good. Generosity tends to go too far due to slight naivety. He doesn't plan ahead very well.

Allies:
Arshayais: Wife and mother of his children, the true love of his life. She's a skilled mage who teaches at the College. She's a tiny elf lady, sporting red hair and green eyes. Balances out some of his faults by thinking things through.

Issac Steel: Older brother, runs their fathers blacksmith, teaches crafting magic for the college. Immensely strong in body, mind and magic. Got Margnus his first job, where he met Arshay.

Physical description: Early 40s guard captain-commander, though a bit on the shorter side about 5'8" but well built weighing approx. 180lbs. Blue eys and black hair slowly silvering at temples and in beard, he keeps it short and well maintained.

He likes to hoist about a massive shield and weighty axe.

Forgot my picture.

Name: Arshay

>Roles:
Blaster mage/ Battlefield control/ Know-it-all.

>Goals:
Learn new things, see new places, create new magic, make peoples' lives better.

>Traits:
She had a very sharp mind with a mean resting bitch face, but very caring on the inside. She's a planner and saver, and has an odd obsession with neat boxes and bags.

>Flaws:
She is physically fragile, and oftentimes an overthinker. Very strict perfectionist.

>Physical Description:
Short and thin. A lot under average height 4'11" (and ONE HALF, I'll have you know! At that height every bit counts) and she weighs in at about 80 lbs. Unusally Pale skin that barely seems to darken in the sun. Long bright red hair, usually tied back or braided in a pony tail. She has bright green eyes that seem to glow, and has cute ears are a little too big for her head. Dresses in blues, blacks, brown, and tans, and of course she really likes comfy oversized robes with deep hoods and secret pockets.

But you're not actually giving them any real feedback. You're insulting them, and not really specifying exactly what that character is doing better.

If your post was without half of those insults, I think it would be a better one. As it is, calling a character a cesspool of faggotry just because there are some things you don't agree with is a low blow.

I mean, yes, she does get panic attacks, but she makes it clear that it's only in close quarters combat, while she's specialized for long ranged combat. And the backstory isn't bad at all - I'd actually applaud them for including rape in a way that isn't cringey or in the way it's usually overdone, and is handled in a fairly believable and understandable way. Otherwise, she's still a solid character personalitywise and skillswise.

I think you're blowing things out of proportion, especially when the guy you're praising is good, but not really that great. His character is self-loathing and resentful of smarter people which would cause difficulty in working with some kinds of party members, while Mara doesn't have those sorts of flaws. He's not a bad character by any means, but he's not head and shoulders above Mara.

Wellyn's player here. I'm back now so go ahead and give me any feedback you want on the character.

Sorry, I'd never seen House so I didn't know what it is, don't watch a lot of TV. I was going for something kinda common in a character. As more or less a magical fantasy detective, sticking out like a sore thumb is probably going to make his life harder rather than easier. As for letting the flaws get in the way of his interactions, it shouldn't. It's more like he keeps people at arms length and takes longer to come around to trusting people.

I'm giving feedback to whoever's asking for it. Maybe showing that character to some therapist rather than posting it on Veeky Forums would be much more constructive, but what do I know.

Heck, having a better constructed character would probably be much more "therapeutic" anyway

Very tolerable characters. A bit too giggle-squee for my taste, but nothing that I would fault you for as long as they gel with the theme of the setting.

Why are you trying to make this implication that the player is including this backstory because of personal experience? We don't know that.

Maybe they want a character to grow and change over time. Instead of getting broken down, getting built back up. So many character seem kind of blank going into an adventure, and I understand why, but it's not as endearing as an actual struggle of some sort.

He's not, I did because Mara's player said that in her first thread with us.

>Name
Nepharus
>Role
Swiss Army Mage, Swordsman, Dancer, Elf
>Goals
Nepharus had a beautiful wife once, after she was executed for regicide he became obsessed with toppling mortality and bringing his wife back in a perfect immortal form.
>Traits
Nepharus is a grouchy magus swordsman, he has studied magic, martial arts, and the arts alongside a cabal of other gifted elves. He is a gifted dancer, something he prides himself on, and something of a novice necromancer.
>Flaws
Centuries of living without his wife, someone he considers half of a sum total being, has left Nepharus disinterested and bitter at the world around him, he carries out her wicked ideas, working to purge non elven races and perfect his martial prowess. He is a racial supremacist although at times he resents the ideas of his order and wishes he had just stayed a court dancer.
>Allies
Since fleeing from his homeland Nepharus has made allies with some members of the drow nobility and began to help an antipaladin elevate his demon master to divine status.
>Enemies
The nobles and elves of his homeland have branded him and all his old friends, traitors and murderers.
>Other Relations
The most important relationship to Nepharus in the bond he shares with his dead wife, he carries a braided rope of her hair she gave to him when they parted last, his ideas are hers, his schemes and motivations are pinned entirely around her as well.
>Physical Description
Nepharus is a tall high elf with grey hair and pink eyes, he wears a long blue coat and a shirt of dark chain mail underneath, he is incredibly agile and wields a longsword.

>Swiss Army Mage
Lol

Your post doesn't much to go on. Your description of his personality raises red flags, but you now say you don't act like that in the game.

Being a heavy alcoholic is kinda of a deal as well. Remember, while your primary job is to come up with a well constructed character, it is an unsaid maxim that it should gel well with the party as well. How much does the alcoholism manifest itself in the game? Does he just keep the drinking to the non-combat scenarios, or does he act like a fucking hobo all the time?

maybe I could make a better sense if you gave me a backstory or something.

>But you're not actually giving them any real feedback
They can ignore it then.

>His character is self-loathing and resentful of smarter people which would cause difficulty in working with some kinds of party members
Which is exactly why I like it, and probably why the player put it in. It sets a solid foundation for the nature of his interactions with the party. And given the restraint he has shown in the character description, I'd wager he keeps the interaction tasteful, or at least tolerable.

See, your interactions with the party have to lead to something mutually enjoyable. And his character traits set the perfect premise for that.

I mean sure, this character isn't superlative, I mean the player has gone out of his way to craft a mediocre character. And on top of everything his else, his mama's also a whore.

>Character's name
Thug.
>Role in their party
Tank/Beatstick. Thug is good at hitting things hard. He carries two hammers and likes to apply them to metalwork or monsters as the situation requires.
>Goals
Travel, Fight, Adventure, Live. Thug is simple and simple things please him. The pursuit of jerkey, his favorite food.
>Qualities
Exceptionally tough. Thug spent years fighting in the Pits so he's got scars everwhere. This also makes him rather intimidating as he is not only scarred but very large even among other Orcs. Years of fighting and smithery have built his musculature. Which brings up his primary non-combat skill, he is a self-trained blacksmith. Specializing in weaponsmithing. Likes flowers and good smelling things.
>Flaws
About as smart as a box of rocks. Thug is dumb, he knows he is. He doesn't care as long as he gets by. There are smarties to do the brain stuff, meanwhile if somethin' needs a good mashin' Thug will be there to help the poor brainy with it. He's also a bit short for an Orc. Another big flaw is he utter lack of stealth.
>Allies
Brute the Goliath & Smash the Half-Giant (or so he claimed). Little Truthsword (a Halfling Paladin). Honor the Hobgoblin.
>Enemies
Kenders. Evil finger wigglers. The orcs of the Blacktooth tribe.

Just a little write up to get into the head of the character I guess.

"Human, the eighty some years, and that's generous, you might spend fussing over an aging brood sow is not love, it stems from loneliness more than any true understanding of love, despair over the fickle nature of your brief lives I believe."

Nepharus' rosy eyes flicker in the candlelight and he reaches for a thick braid of rope tied to his sash. "I could have spent decades simply laying next to her, she is perfect in every single way. My beautiful Almathara, I could drive myself mad whispering your name endlessly. I would have spent ten centuries holding you as tightly as possible even as the weight of your dreams crushed us both. She had wild and amazing dreams."

Nepharus sighs, "She had dreams about the way things should be, a perfect world, it haunted her as much as she haunted me I think. I'd never killed anyone before I met her and now my homeland calls me a killer."

Oh, jesus, mary and fucking joseph. What the fuck did you make me read, you retarded fuck. Just when people had started to post shit that was actually tolerable. Jesus fuck.

Nigga, Nepharus? Fucking Nepharus? What is the sister's name, Evilyn? And I guess daddy and mama, are Horriblus and Dementia?

>after she was executed for regicide he became obsessed with toppling mortality and bringing his wife back in a perfect immortal form
A perfectly valid course of action. So, what's your lich gonna do it? Wait, he is a goddman COURT DANCER? Who has dabbled in necromancy, would make for interesting dance partners, I guess.

>Nepharus disinterested and bitter at the world around him, he carries out her wicked ideas, working to purge non elven races and perfect his martial prowess.
Does that mean he is the most neutral and just person in the world, or did you mean "uninterested"? Do you now see how common these characters are? Yours is at least 20x better though.

>He is a racial supremacist although at times he resents the ideas of his order and wishes he had just stayed a court dancer.
So do I

>Since fleeing from his homeland Nepharus has made allies with some members of the drow nobility
Probably met them in his weekly Zumba classes

>branded him and all his old friends, traitors and murderers
Should have also branded him as a faggot, like, on his forehead

>he is incredibly agile
Oh, yea, being a court dancer and all. Probably adds character depth, yea?

Just how fucking shameless are you to foist a fucking part 2 on us, mate?

This isn't deep, sentimental, or even fucking revealing. I mean, yes, it does show your character as a colossal faggot, but we'd established that in part 1. Those lines coming from a 13 year old might sound cute, coming from a grown man, it's just goddamn disappointing.

Again a very common archetype, and being a weaponsmith requires a high amount of skill, is he a savant?

I guess the character could work if you kept all the "flowers and good smelling things" shit to a minimum.

I mean, it looks like you're trying to be the funny bone of the party, but right now it all looks rather annoying. Mostly because we've seen such characters a hundred times before.

Developing!!

• Name: Nasir Qadir

• Role(s): ranged damage dealer, situational tank, party Good Guy

• Goals: To see as much of the world as possible and live up to his mother's ideals for him by helping people along the way. He has a secret desire to be a knight, though he never settles in one place long enough to pledge to any banner; he gets extra happy whenever someone refers to him as "Sir" or "Knight".

• Traits: Lawful Good to a fault. He's quick to offer aid even in things beyond his scope and is a man of his word. If you travel with him, you can depend on his protection.

• Flaws:a tad daft, most certainly tactless. Nasir has no sense of subtlety and is far too trusting in the word of others. If he never lies, why would anyone else?

> A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?
It would have to be Liam Hemsworth with his puppydog face and winning smile and those beautiful pecs and shoulders.

> What major vices or addictions does your character have?
I'm not sure it counts as a vice/addiction, but Nasir lives for that moment of gratitude after doing a good deed for a person. He will go as far as to tactlessly ask for it if one does not come naturally, and he gets palpably disappointed and moody if there isn't one.

He's the son of an affair between a traveling minstrel and bralani azata. Since aasimars age very slowly, he got to grow up with his mother travelling around well into her own old age. She held him to very high morals because of his parentage and raised him in the path of Desna. On her deathbed, she presented him with the bow his celestial father left and asked that he continue to see the world and help people so that he could perhaps earn a place beside his father in Elysium. He swore to it and has been doing so ever since.

Doing some reposting, with some slight edits I've made over the last few days.

>Name
Cata Fractalae
>Role in their party
Frontline fighter - uses javelins as the enemy closes, then scimitar as they get close.
>Goals
Uphold the law in a way that is fair and good
Travel and see the world
Get a prosthetic for her missing arm, mundane or magical
>Qualities
She's a half-elf from a noble background and is fairly well educated and intelligent. The whole getting-her-arm-cut-off thing has also made her even more tomboyish and brash than she was before, because now she has something to prove - she doesn't want to be seen as weak or unable to do her job as a paladin. This makes her very motivated and difficult to scare off.
>Flaws
She refuses to ask for help because she has so much to prove - even when it would be far easier to get someone to pull her up, she insists on climbing up the rope herself one handed. She tends to retort when she shouldn't retort, just to show she's not afraid of the threat. And obviously, the lost arm causes problems since she can no longer use a shield, and isn't very good at climbing or swimming anymore.
>Allies
At the moment, no one in particular. The druid in the last party was the only one she was on good terms with, and now she's with few connections or comrades.
>Enemies
No one specific, but anyone who would try to go against the law, or abuse it for their own needs. And of course, anyone evil. She's nursing a bit of a grudge against orcs, since it was an orc that caused her to lose her arm.

Aaand forgot pic. Derp.

Came out all wrong the first time and I'm trying to do this character justice.

>Name
Nepharus
>Role
Swiss army mage, elf
>Goals
Nepharus is trying to become a proficient necromancer and use the campaign plot macguffins to turn his dead wife into a god.
>Traits
Nepharus is an idealist who is mostly concerned with his journey toward self perfection, he admires anyone though who seeks to better themselves and values training and discipline.
>Flaws
Nepharus is stuck living in the past with his dead comrades, he loses sight of all else when he gets close to his goal of retrieving his wife's remains and ressurecting her. He looks down on shorter lived races.
>Allies
He worked alone for a long time until the servants of a powerful demon found him trespassing in Chaotic Good heaven, he works with them now collecting pieces of an ancient artifact capable of granting divinity.
>Enemies
The royal family of his homeland has sworn to exterminate all the remnants of the Elven Circle of Magi.
>Other Relations
Nepharus was a celebrated performer as a child, when he was an adolescent he was approached by the Circle of Magi a group of mages, artists, warriors, and powerful elves who worked together to reach self perfection. Over the century or so he spent with them their goals shifted more and more toward ruling their homeland and in a failed coup most of them, including Nepharus' wife were killed.
>Physical Description
Pic related

>pic
it's not violence when there is love

• Name: "Big" John Carmichael
• Role(s): immovable object, accountant, party conscience
• Goals: revenge on the people who killed the last person he was bodyguarding
• Traits: implacable, true to his word, full of old homespun chestnuts and cowboy humor
• Flaws: hates compromise, has some issues with women, bad manners, talks kind of like Sling Blade
• Allies: a bunch of Chinese triads, somehow. Mosty because he doesn't completely understand what they do.
• Enemies: He hasn't found the target of his revenge yet, but a bunch of witches are giving him a hard time.
• Other Relations: he misses his pappy back home and often quotes him
• Physical Description: Seven feet tall, bald, armored cowboy hat, armored duster, carries a rail hammer and his pappy's Hawken rifle, scars deep enough that he reckons a body cain't see to the bottom of 'em if'n the sun ain't shinin' just right

Reposting in a more concise manner since last one was too wordy.

• Name:Sulibres

• Role(s):Sellsword, Exorcist, Bogeyman, Burial Rites Expert

• Goals: To discover what happens to him in the afterlife given his unnatural creation.

• Traits: Sulibres is typically analytical and reserved, but blunt when he needs to be as well as fairly inquisitive. He prefers to take some time to assess any situation but is not an obsessive planner. He is also unusually refined in etiquette for one in his profession and considerably more empathetic towards restless ghosts than he is to humans.

• Flaws: A miser with a mercenary attitude and a cynical view of human nature, Sulibres also tends to be a little classist, typically refusing to take work from the lower classes since they can often ill afford to pay him.

• Allies: Mortimer Wesley, a former banker turned novelist whose superstitious, timid yet curious nature has endeared him to Sulibres. He intends to create an encyclopedia of ghosts and enchanted artifacts, something Sulibres specializes in.

• Enemies: Contract enemies, currently no long term opponents.

• Other Relations: His sorceress mother, Vivienne De Tarleyn to whom he acts as a freelancing familiar, providing her with a secondary source of income.

• Physical Description: Sulibres is a dimunitive soldier standing at 5'3. Clad in a black long coat, a cross emblazoned helmet and a gas mask, he also reeks of ash and save incense.

Probably played by a small physical actor and voiced by Keith Szarabajka.

I dig this character, what game did you play him in?

Through the Breach. Hence all the witches and ridiculous armored cowboy hat.

Welcome back, and this formatting is much easier to read. Glad to see he has a long-term goal now and a interesting one at that. All sentient beings wonder about their origins to some extent so it makes complete sense.Does he have any memories of his past life or only inklings?

Righteous

Which de Plume is that? I haven't been into 3A for ages but that looks sweet.

Let's use my current D&D character...

• Name: Iliira of Ulgoth's Beard.
• Role(s): Party thief, burglar, and (oddly) moral center.
• Goals: Become the greatest thief who ever lived! (so that people identify her as *that* rather than as a dark elf, i.e. "you're the one that stole from the giant's castle and slew Arauthator the White Dragon!" instead of "you're a drow! AAAAHHH!").
• Traits: Physically, agile, fast, and stealthy. Mentally, unceasingly optimistic and confident. Strong belief in helping others, when she isn't stealing, anyway.
• Flaws: Large-scale kleptomania (i.e., she won't necessarily try and steal your wallet, but if she sees a statue with ruby eyes, she's gonna try and steal those rubies), prefers to "wing it" rather than plan things through. Not as good at finding or disarming traps as she thinks she is.
• Allies: Echo (her bat fairy familiar), Sen of the Wandering Tome (a tiefling magician), Alekar Dorn (a cleric of Torm trying to become a paladin), "the Dragon-man" (a dragonborn ranger who refuses to tell anyone his name).
• Enemies: The Cult of the Dragon (as a group), "Nine-Fingers" Keene (Master of the Baldur's Gate thieves' guild)
• Other Relations: Korbin of Ulgoth's Beard (adopted father), Derak and Alton (thieves in Baldur's Gate), Avaunya Ii'ilmerias (mother, deceased), Orvustia (caravan guard/sometimes-lover), Enom (caravan guard/role model)
• Physical Description: 5' 5" tall, which makes her tall for any elf, let alone a drow, who tend to top out at 5' 2". Short white hair, red eyes, black skin. Wears dark clothes including cape with a large hood (to keep out sunlight as much as to hide her identity), and a tattered scarf that is all that remains of her mother's piwafi cloak. Iliira is 27, which means that she looks roughly like a 16-year-old human and still as centuries of life ahead of her (provided she doesn't get herself killed first).

and i thought i was a fuckface. shit

He does, as do his kin. They were all made from the restless spirits of abandoned infant boys and given an artificial body. It's part of the reason he wonders what awaits him in the afterlife, given that he and his kin were previously denied salvation inspire of being an "innocent" child.

It's custom. I built it along with 3 other 1/12 characters that are of the same character type.

Alexandra Shipp (Ororo/Storm from X-Men: Apocalypse). I liked her in that movie, she's got the build for it, she's young enough to pass off as a 16-year-old if need be, and most importantly of all she's already black (well, half-black), so getting her to put on black make-up to play a dark elf won't come across as innately racist.

>2. What major vices or addictions does your character have?

She might be a slight alcoholic, given that her first reaction after something's gone wrong is to reach for a bottle of wine or something else. She's also go some self-esteem issues in that she's absolutely intent on trying to get not just her friends, but *everyone* to see her as more than just a drow - probably an unreachable goal.

She isn't a kleptomaniac, so much as, in her own way, constantly seeking approval and validation from others.

Name: Bella Grey
Roles: Melee DPS, Underdark Wilderness Expert
Goals: Survive, and maybe get back to the surface eventually. She's not sure if she could handle that though.
Traits: Furtive and cautious, Bella is not one to rush headlong into literally anything. An expert in the biomes and life in the Underdark, better than most Drow in all likelihood. She has, after all, fought for her survival for nearly twenty years down in the dark.
Flaws: Extremely uncomfortable in social situations, and pretty unhinged when coaxed out of her shell. Paranoid and uneasy, she rarely sleeps for fear of being snuck up on or stabbed in the back. At the same time, massively dependent due to years of isolation. Horrified of being left alone again. Homicidal hatred for Drow, due to two stints as a slave.
Allies: Rathawk, her Underdark bird. The party. A small family of deep gnomes that live in a giant mushroom. She sometimes stops by or restocks there, but can't stay long due to frequent drow patrols.
Enemies: She was wanted by the Drow even before escaping with the party at the beginning of the party, and is now being pursued again.
Other Relations: Originally got lost in the Underdark with her family after they fled into the caves during an attack on their village. They're all dead as far as she knows, but maybe they're still out. Still has family on the surface probably. Was once an ally of convenience for a mindflayer during her first escape from Drow enslavement. Not an ally, but certainly someone that might not shoot first.
Appearance: A cold eyed young woman, with her wild hair haphazardly tied up. She might have been a beauty, had years suffering in the dark not scarred her. Wears armor of salvaged and roughly modified Drow make, painted dark grey for camouflage against stones. Keeps a number of gruesome trophies, including a necklace of pointed ears.

How would you separate a Lawful Evil character from a Lawful Neutral one?

I've been kicking around an idea for a Lawful Evil monk that wants to show dominance by beating everyone in fights, but it doesn't seem to slide over the Neutral line at all.

• Name: Valar

• Role(s): Powerhouse; magic casting, mace wielding giant of a man with heavy armor. Historical and alchemical mentor.

• Goals: Find peace in glory, help upcoming heroes become renowned and aid them in their journeys, generally be a teacher and a hand in history.

• Traits: Collected and cool, never says anything unless it has meaning. A natural wisdom and level of intellect that comes from extremely old age but also an equal amount of haughtiness and feeling of superiority.

• Flaws: Views anybody other than potential heroes as training dummies, little regard for law other than the empire he was originally born from and occasionally fights for, very hypocritical, lives vicariously through others instead of finding his own way, has a grand and twisted sense of honor and heroism, generally sociopathic; takes what he wants, does what he wants, and uses "sovereignity" or the guise of power to justify it.

• Allies: The Empire, various heroes of the ages, various governments trying to placate him.

• Enemies: Any enemy of the Empire or any enemy of the hero he serves, anybody who "stands in his way."

• Other Relations: N/A

• Physical Description: 7'5", burly, intrisicly designed armor scored with hundreds of cuts and burns, tattered deep royal-purple shoulder cape and hood, a mask pinched in the scornful gaze of an older man; has the look of marble but has the properties of metal.

1. Like Darth Vader, somebody would probably have to be the body actor to nail the size and another person would have to voice act the get that rich, entitled tone of voice. Hafthor Bjornsson and J. Michael Tatum?

2. Being that he can't die, he has a habit of personally tasting and ingesting every ingredient he can find, some would kill others but have become a literally toxic vice to him.

3. Hercules probably; demi-godly abilities, desire to prove himself, is just sort've an asshole with a big club.

thank you! this is great! Mary appreciates someone standing up for her

Discord is having some server issues atm, just so everyone knows

I love this and I love whoever made it

Yeah I'm getting hit with it

Name: Gram Gram

Role(s): Cleric of Miflorg. Only combat healer out of a party of 9, decent meat shield and pack mule.

Goals: Gain enough experience to impress his mentor. Become an outsider by studying as a contemplative so he and his goliath wife can have children.

Traits: Apathetic, depressed and emotionally unresponsive. Son to a couple of rich nobles, his mother dragged him around as a trophy kid until he wasn’t cute anymore and his dad beat him two by fours whenever he would ask his dad if he could help with the lumber business.

Flaws: Secretly needs to feel like he matters and doesn’t like being over looked in the background or he feels depressed. Always looking for potential profit like his parents, make him appear money grubby, but he does it out of habit. Has the personality of a wooden plank. Thinks the way to be a carpenter is to smash your head into wood until it forms into the thing you were thinking of building. Has very little emotional concern for his blood family.

Allies: Ainz swisher, Gram’s skeleton bro. Nikolai the Slavic lightning cheese wizard. Jack Hammer, serial shitter in public water sources. Raishin, charging ninja. Razz Darktongue, goblin ninja. Grumple Four Skins, chaos gnome bard, and mech pilot. Tipsy, warforged “beerforge,” with an endless barrel of beer for a torso. Throgg Nahr, half orc paladin of St. Cuthbert with no common sense.

Fight dirty and look for excuses to pick fights

Enemies: Former party member and “that guy” Seth Cuddlopolis, the fey corgy warlock, worshipper of his own made up god, Sockthulu. Was killed after a battle against the party when he attacked with a giant mech. Ainz wanted his skull for a cod piece but missed his attack roll. Gram nat 20ed the attack roll with his magic rapier and maxed out the damage on 4 sources of damage. Gram sounding rodded his rapier through Seth’s dick, uppercutted through his torso and ripped his head clean off. His freshly skinned skull is now fastened to Ainz swisher’s crotch. He was supposed to be able to pelvic thrust and shoot eldritch blasts from his crotch but the DM and Ainz player probably didn’t work out how it worked.

Other Relations: Currently married to a goliath fighter named Bertha. Abusive father, Kilo Gram. Neglectful mother, Ounce. Uncle named Gallon. An aunt named Quart. And a cousin named Millie Liter.

Physical Description: Average build wearing a large suit of armor. Long brown hair. Looks depressed or uninterested all the time.

>A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?
If he was still alive, Mitch Hedberg. They look alike and Gram spoke in a similar tone.

>What major vices or addictions does your character have?
He has to look in every nook and cranny just in case there’s something valuable doesn’t get left behind. Pissed off the DM after the party took care of criminals holed up in a ware house. The DM mentioned they were selling things that were valuable and Gram decided he had the time to search, each and every box inside the warehouse. He opened enough boxes throughout the campaign to stumble upon a box genie.

Same. The servers are on fire.

Posting a little blurb about the my character I mentioned in the other thread. Pretty bittersweet situation. Easily one of my favorite characters but very likely lost due to scheduling putting the game on permanent hiatus. It was a game of the pathfinder Curse of the Crimson Throne AP that my DM had closely intertwine with our character's pasts and motivations rather cleverly.

>Name
Klaus Wellahrd Jeggare
>Role
Rogue diabolist inquisitor, party's awkward dad, master conspirator, interrogator, investigator, and fronline tactician.
>Goals
Mixed, now. Very much a LN type, willing to take any and all measures to prevent what he sees as the looming implosion of civilization. Now that his surrogate (?) daughter has been brought into the mix and subsequently died after starting to soften him, his motivations and ideals are starting to sideline as his mind begins to lose grip of the humanity his body abandoned long ago.
>Traits
Mechanically and narratively the most mentally resilient character by a long stretch. Speaks in a hokey German accent so beloved by our DM that Infernal is now officially German in our House-Canon of Golarion. Sword-otaku.
>Flaws
Significant full body burns caused by self immolation as a show of strength to his patron deity. Promptly cut out own eye to purge vision of afterlife in hell he suffered during the party's brief spate of being dead. Now cursed with dire rat lycanthropy. Secretly struggles with sever sociopathy, and often comes off as pathologically blunt, which makes him despised by people of class and inversely favored by those who prefer substance in their wordplay. Dad-puns.
>Allies
Good connections with the captain of the city watch who trusts his judgement. Blood related to the captain of the local marines, and shares and even closer bond of trust. Despite clashes with them, has technically been invited to join the local order of Hellknights.

One is the brute force of the universe tearing down everything and the other is just an unstoppable object, tearing down whatever walls are in their path. I feel like it's a certain level of aggression an evil character has over a lawful character.

I would think that a lawful neutral monk would have at least some respect for his opponents, especially lesser challengers or sparring partners and try not to hurt them too much hence, pulling his punches.

As days, an evil character would have no such sentiments. He would treat any sparring partner as a challenger no matter how inferior they were to him and happily pound them into dust with little to no thought for their innate skill. Victory is all that matters to him.

I posted Helmet a few threads back, and this is her group's spellcaster and her love interest.
• Name: Turin
• Role(s): Party caster/healer, voice of caution.
• Goals: Find his mother, who disappeared when fiends attacked his hometown. Protect his friends, who like him have been left homeless. Grow into a man worthy of the title 'Paladin'.
• Traits: Has proficiency with rapiers and is the most adept spellcaster in the group. He's effectively the red mage of the group. He is also fairly handsome, inheriting his father's courtier looks and silver tongue.
• Flaws: He's kinda shrimpy, and has a laundry list of fears caused from early-childhood trauma, not limited to: wolves, fire, wolves on fire, heights, and wizards. He has a bit of a complex about not being quite as strong as Helmet, part of which comes from his body type and the other half from the fact that he's more of a magical adept than a warrior.
• Allies: Helmet, Helmet's sister, a mysterious old monk they met.
• Enemies: The black knight, the people who forced his parents to flee to this city and hide, and to an extent Helmet's sister, who butts heads with him a lot.
• Other Relations: His parents, who have either been killed, captured, or forced to flee.
• Physical Description: Turin is a slightly short, wiry young man who has blonde hair and green eyes. He tries to keep himself in good appearance, and generally wears clothes that are more appropriate for the king's court than adventuring, though he slowly grows out of that once he comes to fully appreciate a good set of traveler's clothes. He usually wears blue, his favorite color, to contrast with Helmet's red.

Name: Sharte (Shar-tay) Ferdinand

Role(s): Rifle toting heal stick and party’s designated crazy Christian.

Goals: Spreading the word of her lord through divine punishment and one-upsmanship. Stopping the production and consumption of alcohol.

Traits: Claims to be religious, ignorant to how society works, is easy to fool, follows whatever her god says because he tells her to. Gets angry easy but for the most part is all bark and no bite to back it up. Was raised by a prohibitionist mother that didn’t bother to tell he daughter the prohibition ended a few years ago.

Flaws: Vain, arrogant, aggressive and does not accept blame what so ever. Openly responds to her god who talks to her in her head around people making her look crazier than usual. Can’t hit a target at near point blank range.

Allies: Curly Halfling gunslinger, Titus the muscle wizard. Muscana or however you spell his name, the birdman ranger, with his vicious terror bird named Wubsucuck, Sharte’s favorite member of the party. A fellow cleric and short time magically induced soulmate Isabelle. Emil the gnome mechanic. Buck, the gender confusing barbarian. The president of the United States Franklin D. Roosevelt, who Titus is convinced is a cyborg because he sits in a wheel chair.

Enemies: THE FUCKING DICE!

Other Relations: Strict mother, drunkard father. They don’t talk much.

Physical Description: A thin white woman with brown hair, wearing a plain greyish blue dress, a black corset and a white sunhat.

No idea. I based part of her personality on Momoko from Ghost Stories. youtu.be/JsYeeNywXL4?t=407

> What major vices or addictions does your character have?
An inflated ego.