Magic: the Gathering Wednesday Flavor General - Masquerade Edition

>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread!

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2014: magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/checking-planeswalkers-2014-06-16
2015: magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. Ignore chandere posts.

This week's Magic Story is "All That Came Before" by Leah Potyondy.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/all-came-2016-05-11

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/magic-story-shadows-over-innistrad-e-book-collection-2016-06-01
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not gonna lie. I was hoping for Phyrexia with the mention of the Ceramic mask. That being said I quite enjoyed this.

hey guys, I know this isnt place for this, but does anyone have a PDF or Epub with all Shadow of Innistriad story so far? I havent had much time to read it and I plan to do it in my phone little by little.

I'm surprised they're acknowledging that Mercadia exists

Hey, thanks for payoff these links every week. It's really convenient. You do good work.

Mercadia wasn't an awful setting, just a crappy block.

I know literally nothing about Mercadia, but i thought that was a nice story. I love me some mask powers.

Just go to Wizards story section.

Wasn't it more of the "we almost got fired for Urza's block, let's really tone it down" block?

Yeah. It stuttered out for the same reason Kamigawa did.

It didn't have a crappy block, it had a crappy single set, because the rest of Masques Block was set on other planes.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/magic-story-shadows-over-innistrad-e-book-collection-2016-06-01

Kamigawa also had parasitic mechanics and wasn't accessible enough by people who didn't know a lot about japanese myths. Maybe if Mirrodin hadn't had affinity so bad, they would have been willing to make Splice key off of different things depending on the color.

thanks kind user.

Better than fake Tim that's for sure. Also Return to Mercadia is confirm?

>wasn't accessible enough by people who didn't know a lot about japanese myths
I never get that point. Isn't that good? It makes people travel ffs.

My real problem with Kamigawa is the name of the mecanics. Ninjutsu is an amazing thing but wion't ever be used again because of how it's named.

It takes people out of the moment I suppose.

technically possible if they ever go back to Mercadia

Mercadia is basically confirmed to not be coming back

>rally the ancestors, the story

Am I the only one who kind of likes these stories about single cards?

Bump.