RPG's in your country

Do you have any specific RPGs in your country that arent known to broader public? Are they original and different than you can find in classic american system? Share your knowledge i'm very interested in little known rpgs.

I'l start with Poland

When tg hobby started in poland it was very difficult to get any rpg books from west so in no-time they made original "Kryształy Czasy" which translates to "Crystals of Time". And it was horrible. Running joke in our comunity is that you need a calculator per player to run it.

By modern times most popular local system is "Neuroshima" which is really basic post-apo system that everybody plays on massive house-rules 'couse basic rules are shit.

Also really popular is "Wolsung" steampunk, action oriented game for ladies and gentlemans. Really cool game, that even got translated and published in english. Basic rule is that if something is cool then it works. Works for me.

But personally, my favorite is "Klanarchia" (Clanarchy?). Magic post-apocaliptic setting in which remnants of humanity divaded in little clans fight against big demon controlled empire. Pretty dark, but not to edgy, with simple fight mechanics and generally good rulings.
If you want to know anything more ask questions.
I really want to know about game exlusive to your (not english speaking) country.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.sverok.se/wiki/Lista_över_rollspelsprodukter
ensamma-vargen.se/
mylingspel.se/index.php?lang=sv&sidid=249
jarnringen.com/symbaroum/
burgergames.com/Praedor/
verkami.com/projects/9331-ablaneda
1d4chan.org/wiki/Ikuisuuden_Laakso
userscloud.com/t29loe5oofj5
gboxes.com/ma048d3qa509
gboxes.com/mr7li73lu0m5
kickstarter.com/projects/1216685848/the-dark-eye-rpgenglish-edition
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarmatism
kickstarter.com/projects/1464818793/wurm-a-prehistoric-rpg
kickstarter.com/projects/blackbook/polaris-rpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Sweden
We have quite a few rpgs here, some are better known like Kult and (what came to be) Mutant Chronicles, but there's a lot of smaller local IPs of various genres as well.

Our long-time runner, Drakar och Demoner [dragons and demons, D&D lol but much better rule system] has existed since 1982, has been many swe/tg/'s first roleplaying experience and has had a decent reformat in the last ten or so years. Trying to focus on a more traditional folk-tale setting (pic related), rather than the cardboard standard fantasy fare that it's been running since its inception (no, motherfucking Chronopia doesn't count).

wiki.sverok.se/wiki/Lista_över_rollspelsprodukter

>When tg hobby started in poland it was very difficult to get any rpg books from west so in no-time they made original "Kryształy Czasy" which translates to "Crystals of Time". And it was horrible. Running joke in our comunity is that you need a calculator per player to run it.

Everyone and his mother played Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay back during the 90ties (late 90ties belonged to WoD, Earthdown and CoC). "Kryształy Czasu" never got popular around here.

T. upper silesia.

Klanarchia seems cool, reminds me of Tribe8?

Holy fuck, fore-chan thinks google translate links are spam...

Nope, translating to english for reading comprehension isn't allowed for your own protection. You'll just have to put and the links below in GT yourself. :/

The list seems pretty incomplete though? Dunno why they haven't included these:
>The Lone Wolf
Not really a swedish IP but I believe this is an indigenous product, made here?
ensamma-vargen.se/

This broken goddamn spam filter lol...

>Leviathan
Subnautical scifi
mylingspel.se/index.php?lang=sv&sidid=249

>Neuroshima
>Wolsung
>Popular
Pick none.
Out of all Polish games, MAYBE first edition of Wild Fields ever was popular, but now average player age is around 40, that's how fucking old it is.
Neuroshima is only popular as board game, but forget about role-playing system, it's considered abomination by everyone and their dog.

Kryształy Czasu never got popular anywhere. The original, floppy-delivered text was just plain horrible bunch of contradicting rules and "lore". When MAG took over and was trying to salvage this wreck due to supposed popularity, they've realised this is just not possible and killed it in cold water.
And THAT created the legacy for KaCet, since suddenly everyone was talking about this awful piece of shit and how it was aborted.

>Symbaroum
Actually never heard of this, but seemingly a cool different take on fantasy: A little darker, somewhat horror-influenced?
jarnringen.com/symbaroum/

Seems you can't have several links in a post... Oh well.

>Svenska Kulter: Rollspelet
Heavily Lovecraft-inspired but still nice locally rooted contemporary horror setting. Players are part of the various mythos cults operating beneath the rational and modern facade of society.
>...aaand no article or review whatsoever that I'm able to post.

Bumping with Red Land, quite an interesting Russian mystical post-apocalypse setting for Savage Worlds.

Sadly, out of print even in Russian.

Wow, a genuinely interesting thread for once.
Well done OP.

I can't really say much about where I'm from. Here in the Uk we import most of our roleplaying stuff from the states.
There are things like The Laundry RPG I guess but I don't think that's actually made within the country.

>Neuroshima is only popular as board game, but forget about role-playing system, it's considered abomination by everyone and their dog.

Seriously? How come? I never heard about that.

As for KC, at least you can play it with Korwin-Mikke

Cubicle 7 is British, but as someone in the US I don't know if I'd call The Laundry a particularly Britain-exclusive game, as it's something that I've had good luck discussing with Americans. Of course, I might have friends with more broad tastes (and the fact that most of my friends are Doctor Who nuts and C7 does the game for that might speak to some of the reason why most fa/tg/uys I hang out with know about it.

>wolsung
totally not blatant Arcanum ripoff, which is wildly overrated game in the first place

Finland has Praedor

Basicly a fantasy S.T.A.L.K.E.R with, at least in my opinion, rather unique world.

Basicly, there was a post-scarcity wizard utopia that spanned the whole fucking world and where almost everyone was immortal.

Then it collapsed when they started opening portals to other dimensions, eldritch apocalypse later, the "world" is just relatively small disc of land sustained by magic.

Players are fantasy Stalkers "Praedors" who journey beyond the borders of habitable land, into the dead world (habited by horrible monsters and demons and others) for profit.

There was also some god-tier comics but they propably haven't been translated from finnish

burgergames.com/Praedor/

God this looks so awesome.
At least the art. I literally haven't seen RPG with illistrations that good like never

Available in english pdfs, apparently.

It seems this also has a certain STALKER vibe, just like has Imagine that the Mirkwood was grown on top of what's left of some earlier, wondrous civilization. The known world has fucked itself up with a fantasy version of WWI, and in efforts to try to rebuild shit depserate people and fortune seekers have started making expeditions into this giant impenetrable forest. There's small settlements just outside the forest that has grown up around this "looter/adventurer" industry, but the forest itself is basically unknown "HERE BE DRAGONS" territory.

There also seems to be a lot of politicking left, back in what's left of the civilized or urban areas, Iunno?

Thanks for making this thread. I was always interested in what they played in Poland, as well as other countries.

Neuroshima got 20 printed expansions, so somebody have to buy and play it. Wolsung got less but something around 6-8 i think. Those are still the longest running active settings in our community.

When it comes Kryształy Czasu, i'm too young too remember those times, but my older friends often talks about how shitty it was to play it, till Earthdawn was printed in Poland. Somehow they didnt get to play Warhammer or AD&D.

Dont know Tribe 8, but from what i found only the basic tropes are the same.

In Klanarchia demonic empire already won, and rules over something like 80% of population. If youre lucky and you were born in one of the mega-cities you live with certain amount of luxus but most of the time youre terribly drugged. If youre born in a work camp then youre kinda screwed cos for your whole life (15-25 years i gues) you will be slevery workin for city people. If you are born in army then firstly they gonna experiment on you in some horrible ways (and i mean really horrible) and then they gonna send you to fight and kill free people. Youre commander probably will be fully controlled by some powerfull demon so there is no chance for running away.

Other option is to be born in one of 4 free families, that are scattered across free lands and divided into clans. All four fammilies are united in "Omam Union"
The families are:
Soldat Companies: Very militaristic but free-thinking peaple, usually being mercenaries for more powerfull clans.
Ritualist Order: Very strict and rules-heavy clans that explore arcane mysteries. They try to find a way to efectively fight with demon empire. (Pic Related)
Technoclans: Clans that are focused on regaining the technologies of the Ancients (our technology).
Hanza: Economic masters of the union

Besides demonic empire there is large number of different dangers for free people. Wild clans of free people that worship wild demons including Druids and Cultist of the Chosen One based on catolic church. Dragons, Vampires, Werewolfs, and of course other union clans.

Thanks for the rundown!

Switzerland reporting in!

As far as I know we have only one remotely famous RPG, it's "Tigres Volants" made by some guys from Geneva. It's now at its fourth edition or so. The game is a heavily anime and heavy metal inspired space opera with humans, human space nazi, alien space nazi, mutants, furries, elves, space lizards, fantasy, magic, elementals, and rock 'n roll.

That would be the cover of the last edition.

I never played the last edition, but have the previous edition and played it in conventions. The system was pretty complex with many stats, plenty derived stats, tons of skills, rules and tables for everything. From what I've read the system got slightly streamlined.

Bump

No French or Brit fags?

You never heard about Neuroshima Hex? The only thing related with Neuro that is not only played by any meaningful amount of people, but also popular and constantly supported by Portal?
They've literally pulled out of RPGs entirely to run board game business. And Hex is played outside of Poland.

Playing with him? But this only makes it worse

>Neuroshima got 20 printed expansions
Yeah, all of them printed under one thousand units and most of them were nothing more than over-gloriefied articles. Even fucking Witcher had better printing (and sales), which should tell you something. If MiM was still in print, sizable chunk of Neuro material would be just dumped there, instead of self-printed.

I've yet have to find someone who actually plays Wolsung. If people heard about it, that's already an achievement all by itself.

About KaCet - nothing to miss, really. It wasn't even popular back in the day, given the bootleg of Warhammer Fantasy hitting Poland right when KaCet was created. A mess of rules, countless pointless stats and overly complicated means of solving all kinds of checks packed into setting that was pretty much lolsrandom spin on how people back then understood D&D.
No, wait, there is ONE thing to miss: Musiał's ilustrations. But they were only created in the MAG edition of KaCet, not the original, floppy-based text, so...

Just asking out of curiosity, since I'm in the office and there is no way to read the pdf of the game
How high with fantasy it goes?
Is it more aimed toward Finnish folklore or "standard generic European fantasy" stuff?

In Korea, TRPGs aren't very popular. Those that get played are generally translated western ones.

There is La-conda-Ria, which is a game set in fantasy Korea with elves and dwarves and magic. It's not very popular, though.

Wait, are you saying there is a Korean game that happens to take place in Korea, BUT that's all and everything else about it is just generic D&D stuff?

I don't know a ton about the setting, but reading about it (from a guy who can't write for shit), it takes place on two large continents. One is named Condo and has elves and dwarves on it, and another bigger one named Ria (which sounds like the "rea" in Korea) has humans is shaped like the Korean peninsula, and the mountains and rivers are pretty similar.

>Italy
We have lots of shitty rpgs which are basically homebrews of generic fantasy, and some good ones, like Sine Requie and Dawn of Cthulhu, made by the same guys with similar mechanics (tarots and poker cards as an alternative to dice).

Sine Requie is a post-apocalypse zombie game that has the zombie apocalypse start at the D-Day, resulting in the allied forces' loss of the war. You get italy turned into papal state, russia turned into hive cities with robobrain mecha controlling population and stalin's brain in a jar, the fourth reich making genetic experiments resulting in controllable monsters, egypt ruled by mummified pharaohs, and america blasted into oblivion by its own nuclear weapons. france and england resist the fourth reich but are literally defeated everywhere but paris. They added lots of splatbook that are mostly badly written fluff about every faction, even the absolutely unnecessary japan.

The other game is a pulp-noir game set in a 1920-something world where Cthulhu actually awakened and became the supreme president-overlord and decided that humans are to become his chosen ones for the future coming of the elder gods or some shit. You can play as a human, a ghoul, a deep one or a wingless mi-go, each sporting their own fedora and tommy gun. The writing still sucks.
Both settings have a lot of potential but aren't very thoroughly implemented.

Another game from another group of people, and it's really some unknown game for most (even I am struggling to find the handbooks) is Lex Arcana, a game about a surviving Western Roman Empire and players rping as various classes of a praetorian guard made to investigate magic. Pretty good, actually.

Then there's a lot of d20 D&D-inspired games and Nephandum, filled with lots of unpronounceable monsters and the already mentioned Vulgus (i mentioned it in another thread some weeks ago, basically the Thing in D&D).

We also have a completely shitty pathfinder society, but I bet you guys have one too.

I remember that one Italian guy once made a Fist Of The Northstar RPG.

Sine Requie setting is great. Definitely one of the most interesting post-apo games that were ever created
But then again, I've only played the vanilla version

Brazilfag reporting in, hue-hue-hue to you all.

We have, and they shouldn't be known. The amount of recycling and copy-and-paste from outside is a fucking shame. Besides that, there is a lot of meh.

I'm still butthurt that a meh one seemed like it was improving, but total false alarm. It got worse.

Nunca mude Veeky Forums, nem pra melhor nem pra pior

Well, i played two campaigns in Wolsung, and lot of people from my gaming club (City: Łódź) also likes to play it.
To tell the truth since last year it become less popular, but people are starting to talk about it again.

>Steampung Skirmish Game
More like Clockfop Forced Fantasy Racism Game

I've read the English translation of it. Did people who wrote it are at least aware the 90s are over?

What is so racist in that game?

Not the same user but to me Praedor gave a very Conan the Barbarian-esque vibe as far as the world and it's inhabitants go.

If I remember correctly there was no way for players to learn magic.

It's not how the game is racist. It's how it tries so fucking hard to be edgy about racial issues, while failing miserably at it. Or apparently Poles find exaggerated stereotypes funny, but that is not helping at all.
Every existing race, every existing political entity is reduced to one-dimensional setting element, apparently assuming cramming enough shit into something so flar will add depth. I mean come on, entirity of Balkans turned into fucking Transilvania, because somone had to put something on the map out there? Not!Spain full of matadors fighting minotaurs? Not!Vikings (in steampunk setting, no less) being all feral creatures and with horny helmets? Then how about cramming all existing German stereotypes (the fascist type of them) on dwarves and then literally creating Germany With Dwarves?

This is all pure cringe. Maybe it's the translation. Or maybe Poles have really peculiar sense of humour and knack for worldbuilding.

It's nothing like finnish folklore (There are some other games inspired by it, but i haven't dug into them that much).

In terms of low fantasy - high fantasy, it's more in the Conan the Barbarian end of the spectrum.

>Czech Republic
Although there is quite a few czech RPGs, I have personally played only the most popular one - Dračí Doupě (Dragon's Den). As you would guess from the name, it's fantasy heavily inspired by DnD.

Rules were quite complicated, lots of tables and rolling of pretty much all types of dice. Spell casting was non-vaccine spellpoint based. Abilities same as in DnD 3, just Wisdom was missing.

Races: hobit, dwarf, kuduk (hobit-dwarf hybrid), elf, human, barbarian (just tougher and dumber human), kroll (idiotic big strong tough mofo with gigantic ears used for echolocation - not kidding).
Classes: fighter, ranger, alchemist, wizard, thief
No multiclasses, but each of basic classes branches into two different subclasses. Iirc ranger for instance branches into druid and strider.
Alchemist was rather original. I think he specialized in crafting magical items, brewing potions, throwing molotovs and grenades etc.

>the UK
You've got Modiphius, Brutal Games (the Corporation guys), and Nightfall (the SLA Industries guys).

verkami.com/projects/9331-ablaneda

Ablaneda is a medieval fantasy game that, unlike the most widely known, is not based on myths and fantasy of Northern Europe or pulp literature , but in geography and legends of the north of the Iberian Peninsula.

The setting focuses on a lost territory isolated from the rest of the world, Ablaneda County, where humans struggle to survive in a hostile environment full of giants, snakes, duendes, demons ...

The characters belong to a body specially created for this: Round Yerbosera.

It seems the Hungarian anons aren't here to complain about their own national shit RPG, MAGUS.

Is 3D&T really that shit?

Please tell me there is English translation of this. The intern with Spanish degree left the company last month.

No, it's not translation. It is that bad.
In addion it is wthat Arcanum was. Lololo, we'll mix two overdone as fuck cluches (victorian steampunk and D&Dlike fantasy) so suddenly we'll get something original outta it. Nope. It doesn't work that way.
There are no good polish RPGs
Maybe old Witcher TTRPG but only as a easy start for total newbies.

You know, as a guy who usually shovels Witcher left and right (and fighting the urge of posting it in this thread since yesterday), I find relief in your post.
Because that's my usual pitch for the game - really good for newbs.

Dzikie Pola was also pretty solid, but only first edition and only if your GM is someone familiar with 17th century history more than school material and period pieces.

>Please tell me there is English translation of this.
I don't think so. They create the setting knowing that it´s almost imposible to export, so they invested only for the minimum to made it public in very little circles.

No, but Cassaro (the creator) never supported like it deserved.

Designed to be a rpg intro system, it's simple and flexible enough that one fan made it so one could even play as a noble house of GoT with it (not the character, the house itself). That from something originally made to play as power rangers and megamens.

It was a missed oportunity.

I know this spanish game too.

>The intern with Spanish degree left the company last month.
Is this going to set back the Core Exxet translation attempts, FFG?

Since Praedor was already mentioned there's this little thing:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Ikuisuuden_Laakso

>You are a penguin
Sounds bitchin'

Great thread guys! Anyone can provide links for english pdfs for Klanarchia and Symbaroum? Technically I would be interested in all "obscure" rpgs mentioned in this thread.

Klanarchia never got translation from what I know. And it's pretty obscure even in Poland, especially so many years after release,

Symbaroum got pretty decent fan-translation, but to get it, you would have to go for RPG Codex, so it's up for you

Symbaroum is actually in Veeky Forums PDF archives

Unless some Polefriend will translate it for you, Clanarchy is out of reach. The game was printed in 1000 copies. And that was a decade ago.

I searched the latest incarnation of PDF share thread, but no dice? Can you provide links?

French authors made quite a lot of different games ranging from excellent to incredibly shitty.

Berlin XVIII: Low-tech cyberpunk game set in the megalopolis of Berlin, more exactly in the sector 18 (which would be today's Berlin). The whole ambient is very grim (Europe's at war with the Soviet Union, Europe is in a huge depression, crime and corruption are rampant, etc.). The game is more based on investigation and roleplaying than shooting bad guys with exploding bullets. It's one of my favorite games.

Nephilim: Another favorite game of mine. Nephilim is a modern fantasy game full of secret societies, magic and mystery. It's heavily based on European myths and occultism. Focus is also more investigation and role-play than combat. I think it got translated in english.

Bloodlust: A game set in a particularly brutal universe making Conan's Hyboria look like the world of the Teletubbies. Players play two characters - their main character and its self-aware god-weapon (a god reincarnated in a weapon - at least that's what the weapons are telling to their carriers), in their epic quest for glory, violence, lust, and wealth. Playable races include: infibultated man-hating amazons, viking raiders riding on flesh-eating horses, decadent and cruel but civilized racists, and drug-dealing slavers with dark hair and dark skin. XP's are gained from raping, killing, torturing, having gangbangs, using drugs, and spending money on decadent parties. Needless to say that this game was pretty controversial when it came out.

Wog Shrog: Another controversial game. This time it's a space opera. The characters are elite warriors from the dreaded Wog Shrog unit. Probably inspired by the movie "Predator" the characters wear full armors with integrated weapons (chainsaws, laser guns, etc.) and they serve Talkerus (aka. The Butcher of the Universe). As you might imagine, this game isn't about subtlety, investigation or profound roleplaying but rather about destruction and genocides.

This whole talking about Neuroshima and Clanarchy got me searching about current state of Polish TTRPG. And...
... it cease to exist roughtly 4 years ago. Board games are doing quite well, but classic pen&paper RPG virtually doesn't exist anymore, unless we are talking about buying old used books and collector stuff.

Shit's depressive.

userscloud.com/t29loe5oofj5
It was in the pdf attached to the OP's pic, though last thread is already archived

Thanks user, I've already found that and another book on 7chan; here are the links for those that are interested in Symbaroum:

Symbaroum - Core Rulebook.pdf - 56.1 MB
gboxes.com/ma048d3qa509

Symbaroum - On the Nature of Davokar.pdf - 2.4 MB
gboxes.com/mr7li73lu0m5

Stormbringer: the RPG

Within
Classical Horror (King, Carpenter, Romero like)
Diceless
French

Esteemed Polish friends, are there any published systems for playing out semi-historical adventures on the same vein as the novels of Henryk Sienkiewicz? To ride with Cossacks on the Steppe, to broker fragile alliances with Tartar dogs, to woo the hearts of noble women by taking on sleigh rides? What is the best system for saber dueling? These are all intense desires of mine.

You mean, except for Dzikie Pola?

That seems like the ticket! How is it?

First edition - everything but shooting is golden
Second edition - everything turned into shit to fix shooting

In short - don't bother with 2nd edition. And the game itself requires highly educated GM, at least when it comes to history. Players can know jack shit about anything, but the GM simply MUST be well-versed in 17th century history to pull this game.
Crunch-wise, fencing system is what Song of Swords so desperately wants to be, while neatly explained within 25 pages instead of pointless bloat for 400.

Also, no English translation.

Weeabo the RPG

Country of origin?
Setting?
Some interesting elements?

Where can i download the french rrpg within? thanks.

Czech asking out of curiosity. Do French or Canadians have any RPG set in Canada during colonial period?

Spain, "everything is anime", hilarious criticals

>Spain
>Medieval fantasy with a bit advance technology of former civilizations hidden around the world (shit like mechs and stuff that probably you'll never play with unless you homebrew it)
>Edgy, not catholic church at all with the spanish inquisition killing or capturing every supernatural being (so if you are a mage you're fucked) and level of powers that are ridiculous, but at least you have the possibility of creating characters like Goku, Guts, Emiya, etc if you embrace the crunch and math

About the spanish rpg ablaneda. Is basically a homemade setting, it was free in the internet. I cant remember about the system, bu the setting is heavy inspired by mouse guard: a valley with several towns and settlements in medieval spain get isolated from the rest of the world by magical and unknown means. There are several mythic creatures. The player characters are average joes that , for commiting lesser crimes are sentenced to join the guard (that in the not so long term, it means a dead sentence) and solve the problems that mythical creatures, or another humans, make. Also thhey must protect the valley.
The point is that they arent heroes, or specially equiped or trained, and the system was very lethal.
I found the setting a good idea that you can use with many settings in many game systems. Just select a small location, and use low level characters.i was thinking of adapting it to a hobbit setting.
By the way, i think that the game was based in another homemade game where the characters where lowlife servants of glorious knights where they solved the problems and the knights took the glory and the chicks.

The game designer has been trying to figure out rules to make the settings magic work for player characters, with minimal success. He did get a novel and a long campaign out of the playtests, so there's at least something.

The non English translation is unfortunately a dealbreaker, but it's gratifying to know that someone made such a system, even if the 2nd edition, as with many games, went to hell.

The Dark Eye is the best RPG in Germany. Has been going for about 30 years now.

Has a very detailed history and setting and has a living world sort of feel.

There is currently a kickstarter going on for an English edition:

kickstarter.com/projects/1216685848/the-dark-eye-rpgenglish-edition

So looking into Dzikie Pola on Wikipedia brought me to this page:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarmatism

This is essentially exactly what I was talking about, that culture of religious martial mobility with certain delightful quirks to it. Do people still talk about this in Poland today? Is it weird to have foreigners fascinated by it, like a weeaboo might be fascinated by the idea of bushido?

Sarmatism is considered as one of the worst traits Poles ever developed and is directly linked with why Poland went from regional power to regional push-over. Not to mention how it tainted public mentality with all the negative elements of it.
In short, sarmatism is treated like shit and for solid reasons in Poland.

So a lot like bushido, then.

It's hilariously broken, while managing to be less complete and interesting than 1d4chan's 1 page rpgs. It doesn't help that it's written by capefag/weeaboo hybrids who think it's okay to turn your system into a parade of unbalanced clichés from 90's anime and capeshit. You can actually have a transformation sequence, and you get extra points if you include partial nudity a-la magical girl anime transformations. It's pretty much "Mary Sue: The Attention Whoring".

Bushido was pretty much engineered AFTER Meji Restoriation happend, so not exactly the same stuff. Especially since sarmatism basically promoted being an uneducated redneck combined with boasting about your noble title and living way above your real financial possibilities.

Bushido was codified well before the Meiji Restoration (a century or two before) but it was most definitely codified well after the samurai class had really ceased having any real function in society
And actually the Meiji Restoration took huge strides to move as far away from Bushido as possible so as to Westernize itself more and make itself an international power.

Also, from what I heard Sarmatism started out as one thing (something about cultural unity and shit like that?) but eventually ended up meaning something else entirely, kinda like how some American groups use the word "freedom" to invoke or mean literally anything at all, often in mutually contradicting ways.

It seems that the main problem with Sarmatism is that like American Exceptionalism and Yamato-damashii and Aryanism is that it promotes lots of cultural stagnation over time; if you're exceptional and better then anyone else just because you were born in the right place then why bother improving yourself at all or adapting to changing times or addressing the fact that certain aspects of your society have huge flaws that harm the country?

You're better just through luck of birth after all, no need to improve or better yourself even if you live in squalor.

frenchfag here, here are some games :

> INS-MV (In Nomine Satanis - Magna Veritas) :
Game where you can play either an angel or a demon, locked in human bodies, fighting the long war between God and Satan.
It's very "tongue-in-cheek" and is not mean to be taken seriously, (Jesus is a pot smoker, God is obsessed about cock and created the universe around that concept) angels can be assholes while demons can be cool guys.
The only rule in the hell vs heaven war is : humans must not discover angels and demons true nature.

For example in one campaign we played demons who were members of a company that selled weapons, biological weapons and mining equipment in a third-world african country in the middle of a civil war. And we were sent in that country to deal with a humanitarian NGO led by hippie angels trying to sabotage our business.

>C.O.P.S (Central Organization for Public Security)
A bit like Berlin XVIII another frenchfag mentioned earlier but in an independant California, of course full of corruption, pollution and overpopulated. I recently learned it was french and always thought it was an american game.

>Würm
A rpg where you play prehistoric men in the Würm glaciation, with a bit of shamanic magic. A lot of focus on survival of course.

>Qin
A game inspired by the chinese "wu xia pian" movies, taking place in the chinese kingdoms around 250BC with some magic/mythologic elements like dragons and demons.

>The shadows of Esteren
A kind of horrific med-fan game, taking place in a not!celtic peninsula divided in three kingdoms. One of those still preserve the old traditions while another adopted the not!catholic religion from a continental country and the last one became open to continental "steampunk" scientists.

Oh, I forgot to mention the Mandate of Heaven, perhaps the most extreme example given how long Manchurian China considered itself and insisted to everyone that it was socially and culturally on top of the world even had long since been left behind and afflicted with severe internal problems and how foreign powers could literally make any demands they want of them and there was nothing they could do for years.

>2016
>People actually believing in this
user, when Japan was done with westernising and getting modern, it switched focus on promoting own uniquesness and as a way of showing they've had a long evolution culture, just like Europeans did and not just popped out of the blue thanks to western tech. Just read about Philadelphia’s Centennial Exposition and how Japan from then on did a lot to promote their own culture.
In the process engineering bushido, something that never existed in such form as we now percieved in history.

And sarmatism didn't evolve from one thing to another. It was just classic 17th century bullshit all nations had in form of "We are proud descendants of..." and pick whoever you want to boast about. In case of Polish nobility, they've picked ancient Sarmats, who matched what the nobility wanted to promote as their image - fierce warriors, great hosts. It never was "good" nor devolved into anything "bad". It was just a stupid boast from the very start and within less than two decades turned into "we are special snowflakes, so there is no need to adopt or change" bullshit. Nobody sheds a single tear this bullshit mostly died. The real problem is how all sorts of low-lifes and nationalist lot are using sarmatism as sign of being great and powerful nowdays, never mind it was the very thing that brought Poland to knees and left a lot of toxic cultural fallout (like the obsession of good presentation for your guests when being a host, so people are going into insane lenghts to present themselves as the best, while clearly not being)

cont.

>Vermine
A post-apocalyptic game where nature "rebelled" against mankind and almost wiped it. Most animals evolved to become deadly to human life.
Mankind itself is divided as some people tries to recover pre-apocalyptic technology, other embrace this new world and want to co-exist with it even if it means losing your humanity, while some people just try to survive.

>Brain Soda
A very not serious game where you play shitty actors in a shitty B movie or in a shitty Z movie.

Players can create themselves their aptituted and as the writers says : the more useless they are, the better.

Players can also randomly pick a cliché at characters creation which can influence the game. For example a player with the "Director's Cut" cliché can reset a scene and allows players to replay it.

>Würm
>Vermine
Do they have translations?

As far as I know they don't

Found a kickstarter for Würm : kickstarter.com/projects/1464818793/wurm-a-prehistoric-rpg

Found nothing for vermine though

I'm mostly familiar with Dnd 3.5 and pathfinder. Is drakar & demoner a step up?

I'm mostly interested in Wurn. There is a Polish homebrew very, very similar in nature and content, so getting hands on more games like that is always nice.

>Netherlands
AFAIK, we've produced fuck all, game wise

Recently found Polaris was also about to be translated from french to english.
kickstarter.com/projects/blackbook/polaris-rpg

Post-apocalyptic rpg where humans sought refuge in underwater cities.
Most humans are steriles though so every nation jealously keep fertile people to themselves.

It's a bit of an underwater 40k : xenophobia, mutants, ancient technology no-one knows how it really works...

>There is a Polish homebrew very, very similar in nature and content

Title?

Still hoping for some sort of semi-official SSSS rpg product... ;__;
Nordic commonwealth arpegee!