Warmachine Have General Thread

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

megafileupload.com/b1si/fljkjv.rar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's start the begging for leaks early, does anyone have some circle cards to spare?

I'm trying to, but Veeky Forums bitches that Filedropper urls are spam

megafileupload.com/b1si/fljkjv.rar
This works I think

Nope can't open file

Any Skorne players around? I'd appreciate some dojo advice for Zaal2, Mordikaar, and Rasheth in MK3. Anyone have any Xekaar ideas?

May as well chime in. Have the cards for the Legion Hellmouth and that other solo been leaked yet?

man I cant fricking wait for mk3 as of right now. Also fuck cryx and especially fuck terminus.

Cant see much changes in new carnivean. What did actually change in it?

-1SPD, Spiny Growth went to SELF

Any one else feel like they're putting in a lot of effort and not getting any where? I'm painting a unit of storm falls, Ossyan and a Vyre jack and it feels like they've been on my desk forever. I put in a couple of hours a day and never seem to finish much.

full production line style?

or a bit here and a bit there?

I only ever paint at my LGS now, so not even half of my army is painted. I paint a model a week.

I'm with you, I started to paint a unit of BaneĀ“s 2 months ago, finished the UA and 2 other guys, the rest are literally just waiting the final details.... but alas, I simply cant get myself to do it!

Plan is to get a Journeyman league up, and I'm planning on Skorne, because I love the models. Also thinking on getting Lich Lord Venethrax for my Cryx list, but with the updated versions of several of the old casters, I'm hoping a rumor will come that shows a new sculpt for my old time fav caster.
Other than that, I think Ill update my CoC list with some HI (Reciprocators seems stupidly hard now!) and a few more jacks (cant ever have enough jacks now it seems!) and the Prime Axiom once it gets out in plastic.
To my Rets I'm torn between a unit of Invictors or a unit of Sentinels, Invictors seems great depending on the caster, but Sentinels just got hit with the bad-ass stamp this ed it seems!
Lastly, Ill expand my pigs with some meat threshers....

.... yea... the banes, thats where I was. Oh fuck it, Ill never get the time to finish anything!

Both? I production lined all the basic shit, now I need to pick out the detail, so painting all the gems, all the metal detail, all the skin across multiple models.

I'm painting this for a journeyman league, but I may switch to Minions, I haven't decided yet. Minions will be easy as fuck to paint though. Going to paint them up to look like 90's godzilla monsters.

yeah i am trying to work up the energy to paint some swordsmen and archers haha

i built a new protector yesterday though

All the leaks have been out for at least 2 weeks. The French side-by-side versions even have some of the brand new units in them (Legion's has the Hellmouth and Swordsman Warlord, but not the new character beast, for example). There's not going to be new circle cards solely because the circle insider just happened.

Is he still even worth taking ever?

He's the only heavy in faction with an ARM buff, both for himself and for your caster.

Does anyone know what the terrain bullshit people are gabbing about is?

He's still Fury 4 with 3 initials and an assault spray that can now be RAT-fixed a little by the Seraph. He will still melt a heavy with fury to spare, and spiny can plink out systems. And he's still even better with Abby2 giving +SPD, +MAT and free charges every turn, and +STR, flight, and 2" melee on feat turn. He's still gross under Incite too. Is the scythean still better? in a lot of ways, probably (just from 2" melee) but not in every single way.

You'll need to be way more specific

Some people are saying that water can be acidic, or forests can be on fire or some shit like that

I haven't heard about that, but I guess it's possible. Siege and Khador's Marauder have rules for destroying structures, so it seems like terrain could be more involved than before.

Hazards are a new keyword we've been seeing in cards, and generally refers to shit that exists on the field that does damage.

Devs have said that Hazard is a keyword that can apply to terrain as well.

What unit has the hazard key word?

Didn't those rules exist before, but just weren't used because they were never worth it? At least siege's feat now just straight up destroys walls. That's useful, though it might be "too much" in some ways.

i don't think it's units, but stuff like Scathers, Kallus's Eruption spell, and Thags' Eruption of Ash effect on Rapture are called "hazards"

okay well thats a pretty fair comparison

anyone put together a MK3 Thags 2 list yet? Thoughts on him?

Do you have proper software for opening .rar files?

Maybe, but Siege and the Marauder are weapon masters vs structures. It's a greater degree of interaction than before.

Still sorta k.
But i heard about some "alpha-hunter" or stuff in other thread. So aside from -1 spd and growth it is unchanged. Okay. Looks like Scythean still our topdog in melee.

it's just hard to imagine that taking your action to shoot a structure will ever be more worthwhile than at least trying to put damage on an enemy model. i'd be happy to be proven wrong in the new ruleset, this is totally based on mk2 play.

It's not units. Stuff like feats or abilities that leave AOEs in play that do damage are keyworded as hazards.

Scythean lost Bloodbath, though it got a bite attack. So it makes one less high POW attack against heavy shit. Picked up Thresher and an additional die against warriors though.

It's much more for killing infantry now.

Alpha Hunter is the Hordes version of Conferred Rage.

conferred rage no longer gives free charges. alpha hunter does. that's the difference.

I doubt the Scythean is going to have trouble killing heavies without the chain attack, especially buffed, but it is more focused on infantry, that's undeniable. they just do different things. absolute statements like "scythean still top dog" totally ignore the context, and the context actually matters.

New steam roller could have buildings you need to destroy/defend. Would make for some interesting challenges beyond holding points and killing people. Make it sort of LoL style where you have to destroy 2 forcefield generator tokens and then their base.

Some people are saying Seige's feat removes the Stormwall's new covering fires, I'm not really sure if that's correct (logically)

The game is already too much like LoL as it is, esp with focus camping going out the window.

that'd be dumb. the covering fires are basically bullet zones shaped like walls. it's like Axis' Razor Wall. it's not literally a wall, but it's shaped like one.

We still have the Trollblood card leak onhand?

Alright, which of you is responsible for this?

Because it's great.

>Any Skorne players around? I'd appreciate some dojo advice for Zaal2, Mordikaar, and Rasheth in MK3. Anyone have any Xekaar ideas?

What's to dojo? Zaal2 can make armies and use all of his rules, which haven't otherwise changed baring obligatory small nerfs for belonging to the wrong faction.

Mordikaar does the same thing he always did, some weird threat shit nerfed, some weird threat shit added, all praise be to the nerf-bat wielder may his gaze pass us by and land on some other sorry sack of shit.

Rasheth does the same thing he always did, but he can do it to everything. Now shut up about it, before anyone from PP realalizes and nerfs it.

Enjoy Xekaar. Make sure you limit him to half of his rules or he'll suck, you do not want to get up in there and mix it up; hang back as much as you can and cast spells. Mind the Fury 6.

>Not seeing the whole picture as free space

7/10 is the best I can give you.

>Now shut up about it, before anyone from PP realalizes and nerfs it.
yeah who do you think you are, cygnar?

Man, I'm pretty pumped for the new Zerkova. She actually has a worthwhile spell list, on top of getting Grave Door.

Think it's still worth running the mass of Basilisks with Zaal2, or should he take something else?

Yeah, it seems like all of the bad Khador casters are viable now. Looks like we have the most balanced choice of casters.

Nothing wrong with Drake Spam that I can see; it depends on what you plan to drop him against i guess.

Design space should definitely be the free space. Also you are missing "Skornergy is gone" and "Some people don't like options"

You're going to want to fit in an Agonizer though. Maybe even two- and while those come out of the warbeast budget and cost about as much as a Basilisk each, they don't really fit the roll as transfer target, fury generator, or combatant. Lists are going to have to change, then.

what do you want to run with her?

How do you guys pack your carry cases? Do you make 2 lists and just have the models for them or do you pack your entire collection and make lists up on the spot?

I pack my whole collection since I don't have a lot of models. I have a Battlefoam 720 that still has plenty of room for more warjacks and infantry, though I don't know if I'd be able to fit colossals in it.

Not sure yet. A spread of infantry and jacks, of which you could go many different ways. I can't remember if we have a shield guard jack, but if so I'd probably want that in.

wow, someone's running Indictors on the PP forums:

Anston Durst
*Indictor
*Indictor
*Sanctifier
*Reckoner
*Hierophant
Full TFG
Max Choir
2x Vassal
Vassal Mechanik
2x Deliverer Sunbursts
Rupert, Piper of Ord

I can see the idea. You have an immovable wall of stuff that can only be hurt in melee or with magic guns that can somehow break Armor 23. Blessed helps since Durst had no damage buff. Looks ok I guess.

the rager, which is ok except for unstable being kept which was such a fucking stupid decision i can't even

It got changed to interact with Power Up.

And honestly, Unstable is a great rule you don't get to choose when to use.

Structures have always been in the game, but no one uses the rules for them. Structures have a ridiculous amount of armor and hit points, by the time something like a marauder had finished wrecking a building the game would of ended. Let's say he got lucky and some how trashed a building early into the game the was in the middle of the table. Now we have this huge piece of wreckage/rough terrain with no template for it any no way of remembering where it is if we move the building from the table. we could always play as if the building isn't there, but we all know how fucking akward that would be.

I always felt like many of the ideas in warma hordes only work on am extremely large scale. Structures, jack Marshalls, or shitty units like MoW. When only a few units are getting buffs and the other dozen units are left unsupported it becomes a game of raw stats vs raw stats.

yeah, just pretend you're playing skaven and everything is alright

Hey look, gunma..... oh.. what a fucking rip-off.
plz tell me this is fan made?

Structures are very likely changing.

Look at Pillar of Salt, for example. Pretty massive change to it's rules.

How are they a rip off?

I mean, it's a three man unit that pumps out six decently accurate shots a turn.

Not him, but I would have preferred a 6 man unit. The death on one reduces their effectiveness by 1/3rd is a bit of a turn off.

I mean, it's Cryx. They're not going to get a six man good ranged unit.

Why? Its not like we have dead eye or snipe.

One of Cryx's major weaknesses has always been their inability to dig real deep with their units.

Pretty sure they're real.
Performance-wise they seem p good tho,lore-wise,they're satyxis gunmages, not groundbreaking but def not bad.

Isn't Cryxes thing in the fluff literally ripping off everything the other nations make? They made jacks by reviving the engineers that made them in the first place

gunslingers should be unjamming raiders from behind, not standing out in front

Have you considered that you can create dirt cheap cloud walls by shooting your own infantry?

2 units of those + Pistol Wraiths to taste + some cannon fodder?
Y/N and if Y under what caster?

Someone please convince me that this is a bad idea and that I don't need to buy a bunch more warjacks:

Helynna
*Silly Willy
*Phoenix OR Hypnos
*Manticore
*Mantcore
*Sphinx
Elara
*Daemon
*Daemon
Arcanist
Arcanist
Arcanist

Seems like it could just yo-yo back and forth firing super boosted shots. The Daemons hit second rank models to pull shit back, slowing infantry down while the gunline pounds shit into oblivion.

You don't have enough focus to support all that. You might to drop a heavy on Helynna and stick in a unit of Sentinels. They're fucking hard to deal with and make a great meat wall

A min unit?

Man, I haven't seen a min unit of anything in ages.

pistol wraiths got a little better by not needing that 3rd shot to apply death chill, but it really depends on the incorporeal mechanics. if nothing else the PWs can go (and lose incorporeal) and then the satyxis can make clouds to protect them.

Yes, take a min unit of single wound infantry with vengeance, that's exactly what your list needs.

Are you retarded?

Arent pistol wraiths 5 points now? Hard pass unless there were changes to incorporeal.

Would much rather have the Bload Squad for general infantry removal and the Gunslingers as a spot removal/sweeper

Pistol wraiths are and always have been a one use deal. With gunslingers, you've got a good chance of at least one model surviving into the next turn, unless the opponent is dead set on removing the unit and ignoring some other threat.

Anyone got a link to the trollblood deck leak?

My LGS is doing half price on the unsold old Mk2 Warmachine battle boxes. Anyone have any opinions on which ones might be a good pick up or might go well with their new Mk3 counterpart?

thanks

then they're not worth the points to kill 2 infantry or make 1 jack shake something.

Cryx and Khador at the least

Legion is ok, but any Legion player worth his salt ends up with 15 shredders sooner or later.

I was looking at the Khador box and saw people getting super salty about the Destroyer. Is it worth it just to get pSorch and a Juggernaut for half off a full box or is the Destroyer whining unfounded?

Well, to be fair, gunmages were never unique to Cygnar. And Stayxis are kinda, technically human, so gunmages aren't really all that unbelievable.

what salt did you see? RAT 4 is bad but it can always boost, the field gun has auto-KD to facilitate the shot, it can go on a MOW Kovnik for assault, etc. it's certainly not the best jack but it has some uses

Cryx is worth it for arc nodes and denny. If you get one be sure to magnetize the slayer's arms and head.

They where 3 before so how is a PC reduction a hard pass?

Pistol Wraiths changed to effectivly "Chain Attack cause stationary". Only need two attacks to hit a target and it becomes stationary vs the old way. Yes, shake off available now but one less attack needed and stationary reduces defense.

I think Pistol Wraiths have a few things they can do. One unique new thing is to acquire 2 souls and horde them. Only takes 1 turn of shooting grunts to get enough souls or soul collector passing some over. Then you stay incorpreal and zone the enemies caster with the threat of two boosted RAT 7s causing stationary and nigh guaranteeing an assassination from whatever the follow up is.

I think getting both is a good option given whats in them. You wind up with two slayers, a Reaper, and a small horde of arc nodes. If you're starting from no collection that's a pretty decent basic battlegroup. Magnetize the bone jacks and get some more heads and they can be any type of arc node.

stationary is immediately shaken by anything you'd care about making stationary

there's a lot more magical weapons in mark 3

It also reduces def for your active turn...

Going down to only needing 2 shots to trigger from 3 is a big deal.

>stationary is immediately shaken by anything you'd care about making stationary

Which still leaves you with the def reduction portion. Shakes are not free either so that can be relevant sometimes.

I also feel there are some solos beefy enough to survive two pow 10s that suddenly become roadblocks if made stationary.

It's not like it's the only thing a Pistol Wraith can do either. He's a good shooting solo in general terms. The benefit of his chain attack was altered but it's easier to trigger.

>there's a lot more magical weapons in mark 3

Also I'm unsure if this is true. I think it may just feel that way given we are looking at all the cards at once. Most of the magic damage types I've seen are on magical weapons in MK2. Not really sure what gained it.

Granted most casters have an attack spell. Incorporeal is hardly perfect but it's hardly nothing either. I'd like to assume a player is competent enough to assess their opponents list composition to see if they need to abandon a tactic.

>shakes are not free

Also keep in mind that while shaking a Jack comes from the caster, shaking a beast places the fury on the beast essentially putting it down -1 fury which can make all the difference.

I don't care for offensive solos. And the wraith is overcosted imo. It should cost 2 now (mkii) so 4 would have been prefered, but I still probably wouldn't take it honestly.

Its still a ~36% chance to make a warpwolf stalker stationary.

are the stormthrowers anywhere in the RPG? Like maybe one of the NQ magazines?