steamcommunity.com/id/shirzgird/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>every bfg General gets deleted later from lack of posting
>three weeks ago there was a new general daily with hundreds of posts
>the game is in a lul, possibly dying from lack of patches

feels bad man

Lmao less people are playing that than Ro2

Should I buy it?

I'm waiting for the update that's supposed to come out this month.

How do we save it?

Mix of tabletop discussion and hopefully patches.
It's fun.

This makes me sad. The game really filled a niche I liked but didn't have any other games in, and I just got a bit tired by some of the balance and performance issues and figured I'd give it a peek when space marines came out. Still no space marines, dropping player numbers, no one streaming.

I hope they manage to turn it around, the game totally has potential.

the devs just neglected it. the balance was never super bad but it did have issues and they just did not drop a balance patch for a full month while steam collectively raged on it, driving away players and losing confidence in the devs. especially when they talked up being communicative with the player base. I honestly don't think they can save it on a large scale but I'm hoping we eventually get space marines, tau, and a second campaign centered around battlefleet bakka and the tyranid invasion. but that's wish listing I expect

I'm still enjoying it, but after 50 hours of campaign and AI skirmishes you need that SM and Tau fleets to get interested again.

Great game regardless. Got more than I expected for my money.

Casts arrived from Irene today; one lance Dauntless and three Cobras. Looking good!

I'm largely waiting for Space Marines.

It's a fun game but like everyone else I'm waiting on that patch. And the content patch with the Space Marines.

Too poor for vidya right now.

Would totally be down for a Vassal game if anyone wanted to hop on.

I'm not as pessimistic as this user, because it is 12 people last I checked, likewise, I don't think the game is a flop as it is, I can still get consistent matches and it is still fun

But the balance does need work, the issue with 12 people who don't work weekends in a largely multiplayer game is that meta is changing all the fucking time. Compare it to Dark Souls 3, which released around the same time, DS3 is full of broken shit that FROM sorta just ignores(flame hand glitch and the Estoc for example) but it at least has enough singleplayer stuff to carry it, Battlefleet does't have that singleplayer aspect. If the devs had some more manpower or some godly skills, I'd say that they should first go for balance in multi and then go full speed ahead for making a campaign with Tau/Tyranids/expanded IN.

Add me on steam if you have this game and wanna play.

steamcommunity.com/id/shirzgird/

It's a relatively sedately-paced (not twitch-based) RTS with warhammer aesthetics and a vidya adaptation of tabletop.

75% of the playerbase got yoinked by Total Warhammer. I happen to like it a lot, find it much better than I ever expected from a bfg vidya adaptation, and will be buying a couple m8s copies of it when I finally get a job jesus the recruiter said they decided to extend an offer and now I'm just waiting and hope it doesn't suffer queue-death before then.

I'm pretty goddamn certain it wasn't a flop, but I'm really hoping for that staying power.

For staying power it needs some content and quick or some balance patches. I mean, it's a mostly multiplayer game as it is. And its already about a month in and people are waiting for Space Marines coming about SOMETIME(which is another thing, some hard dates would put a lot of worry to rest).

Yeah if I could play matched coop vs AI and use the same admiral in offline skirmish anytime I want, that would be the next best thing to a campaign for factions other than Imperial.

The campaign needs work as it is, I put that one down to time, but the campaign has long stretches of repetitive missions, regardless of ironman or not. If they did more campaigns, I think they'd need to do something a bit different for each one.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the team or think the game is going down the toilet. I just think they misfired in a way that would really piss off its steam based gaming community.

And yeah, a tau/Tyranid/Bakka/ultramarine/necron(?) campaign would be the ideal, imo. the first Tyranic war is the only other war in 40K fluff that has a really fleshed out naval aspect. maybe the third Armageddon war but not as much.

Chalk up another vote for the "Still love the game but just waiting for more patches and the SM update"

>When you beat two fleets by your self
Feels fucking great man

Did the promotion end? Or do I still have time to buy?

You still have two weeks I think.

You're good, don't know for how long though.

The issue with the Third Armageddon war is that it's all around one planet. Doing something based on having the Imperium/Tau fighting and then having the Tyranids show up lets you fight over multiple worlds.

Also the free DLC is only free if you buy it on steam.

Working on some detail conversions for my patrol fleet. Bit shoddy but it'll look better with some elbow grease.

Looks good.

What's the plan for painting?

No idea yet, I'm still trying to decide on fleet colours. Specifically, I'm trying to think of colours that would work with a silver trim (i.e. the colour that features on the prow trim), because I don't have any gold paint handy and I can't be bothered to go out and get more!

It's tricky because gold looks great with almost anything, whereas silver can be drowned out by a lot. I like a challenge though!

Any thoughts?

Thank you famalams

Blue and red both go well. I think red with silver would look pretty Imperial and give a bit of flair beyond the bog-standard red/gold scheme.