Heroforge

Has anyone ever purchased from pic related? I want to get my group a set of minis but I've heard contrasting things about the quality you get from them

Just playing around with the mini builder makes me question why anyone would bother. The customization choices are extremely limited, every part just looks silly, and the end results always look stupid no matter what you do. And that's even before it's made into a questionable quality miniature.
People will waste their money on anything these days I guess.

My friend gave us the option to get one as a gift for our birthdays, but after playing around with the builder and finding nothing to match my admittedly rather weaboo tastes, I declined.

My other friends got them, as well as ones for their girlfriends, and while the quality wasn't amazing, they were still decent for their price and fit the more WRPG aesthetic they prefer. They seemed happy, even if it's not exactly their mind's eye versions of their characters, because they're still much closer than any other miniatures might be.

"You get what you pay for"
And
"Buyer beware"

they actually aren't bad and i've bought two separate batches. The builder is a bit limited and you really have to spend some time to get anything close to what you really wanted but everything overall comes out exactly as it looked when you created it. It also depends on the material you get if you actually want to see all the features you put on in the builder.

I have.
I'm at work so I can't post a picture but I'll give you my opinion at least. TL;DR, Recommend but it's not absolutely fault proof and may need touch up work.

I got a metal mini because I wanted something a bit more robust, but it is super grainy and you can't make out any fine detail. I like it regardless and I'll be buying again but in plastic or bronze to get finer detail. From what I've read, the 'fine detail' plastic is incredibly fragile so I'd probably suggest their new 'beta' plastic and just suffer the long wait.
You'll likely need to do some aftercare on it to remove any crusty details or smooth in some jagged bits but when I've had to do that with my own 3d prints (plastic) it hasn't been too bad. Plenty of guides online in case you want to use filler or bathe it.

Ive bought three from them already. I also backed the KS. heres what I can tell you.

Right now they are still a young company and I like their effort to add more and more content with each month. The models really are you get what you pay for though. I paid for the high quality plastic and I will say it is brittle, so be extremely careful with them if you want those. they just released a higher quality sturdy mini that im gonna look into for a few other minis. Honestly compared to other minis they're pretty nice. But like I said you pay for what you get.

i have a few detailed plastics they aren't so fragile as long as you aren't throwing it at walls and avoid any poses or items that leave any slender outcroppings

>The models really are you get what you pay for though.

I guess I don't understand this in this context. Even the cheap stuff is like 15$ a mini. That seems very pricey to me. I'd expect something really special in detail and quality.

The detail plastic is like 25$

Am I just missing something here? Does the cost go down somehow?

I just can't see how you guys are doing this.

We got some, choice is between good detail but breaks if dropped on a solid surface, shit brick and your eternal soul for a nearly indestructible metal masterpiece. Overall the options are good for generic fantasy, edgelords or fursonas (unfortunately). Quite like my Wizard character in all honesty. Don't expect a GW standard of model, or to ever be pleased with their hair but otherwise you can do far worse for models.

I have the new grey plastic models in the mail

They were delayed a month because they had so much demand. Still I have nothing to hurry and I feel this is a step in the right direction.

Wish they had more hat options, as well as female options

The new grey plastic models might have some promise of being stronger and better than the shit they have now

as I said here They are actually coming in three days so I might show pics when they do

Any idea when the grey plastic is out of beta/being sold again? I'm thinking of grabbing another one.

If you're paying $25 for a single man sized (not even metal) mini it better be some awesome shit because that is a rip off.

You English/British?

Murican

Hmm, down here in the Southern Seas it's more common to get models at $40-60 bucks for anything good. Main attraction of heroforge is the price for me.

Can't say, I'm just a customer
but if demand for them is so great, it seems like the only smart move for HE is to increase their capital for those printers asap

>HE is to increase their capital for those printers asap
*HF sorry

Right because paying for a custom mini exactly the way I want them to look is a rip off. Instead I should buy four or five different minis and learn to mold plastic or metal and mix and match to get what I really want. Nah I'll just stick with me paying for exactly what I want for once. Instead of having to settle for someone else character model.

can't believe I'm the first to ask but does anyone have pics of their models to show us how they look?

Will hopeully in two or three days, but thats with faith in the US mail

If Heroforge give you the exact model you want, you must be playing Specials: The Shortbus, or some other shitty game because those models are garbage.

You realize just how many model manufacturers there are out there? If you seriously can't find your super min maxed buff mclargehuge character out of the literally billions of models available you probably have something wrong with you.

Considering they're just a placeholder anyway since gear comes and goes, you're probably a retarded sperg in the first place.
Either that or you work for this abortion of a company because that is some grade a rhetoric you're swinging around junior.

holy shit bro u pretty mad, you work for a competitor?

lol
Try harder junior, no one gets mad on the internet anymore. I'm just telling you how it is.

No need to thank me now.

so mad, damn bro. if you ever actually manage to rise out of your minimum wage hellhole maybe you can afford some niceties such as custom models like the rest of us

>Trying so hard
lol

I wager I make substantially more money than you junior, I play Kingdom Death :^)

Order fag here

My party isn't your average band of homos and reaper bones doesn't make niggas this styln'

and you fuck supermodels while driving 30 hummers, sure bro keep on raging against your betters

>Generic archer.
>Conquistador.
Well, I have a bit of bad news as those are almost as generic as can be.

The only somewhat unique guy is the afro beer swiller, which is a pretty great at least.

annnnd for $25 each..That's steep.

lol
There's only one person here who's raging junior.

:^)

we can all see it's u

Wouldn't the overall price go up when you tack on shipping costs?

I dig the afro beer swiller

I'm a shit employee, free delivery if I pretend it's work related (relax, the GM said it's perfectly fine and we get 2 free deliveries per month per person, their way of increasing morale post acquisition).

General manager, not my Games Master.