Let's say I make 2 million dollars and retire at the tired old age of 23...

Let's say I make 2 million dollars and retire at the tired old age of 23. If I meet a woman later in life and get married and then she divorces me, would she get half of my assets? I made the money before I met her so I should be fine r-right?

Read up on pre-nups

sign a prenup.
you can't retire off 2m unless you're in a second or third world country

dont matter what ypu say what you think always get a pre nup.

Nope. Make sure you have them in your wallet, and if she does want something, move it to another. lolz

$2m at 4% draw is $80k/year. that's most certainly a comfy retirement as long as you're not in a big city.

Prenups get thrown away regularly by judges, just never marry. I'm not saying never commit to a woman for the rest of your life, I'm saying never actually sign a marriage contract. They're good in some countries for tax and other minor benefits but taking the 2 million dollar case from above, not sure why you would want benefits to begin with.

Nah you can. 1 milly in dividends stocks with a safe return of 4-5%, a little stashed away for a house, and the rest stashed away to buy a possible crash to maintain your dividends. Not everyone wants to retire and live a life off constant excess

Assets that you acquired before meeting her *should* be yours after the divorce.

However you know how well women have it in America. If she gets a good lawyer she might say that she got used to being retired living of of your money. Women get to keep the same standard of living after the divorce that they had during the marriage. So if she's retired with you during marriage, you will have to keep her retired after the marriage (for a select number of years, it depends on how long you've been married.)

Get a prenuptial and a good lawyer. Also make her work full or at least part time, that way she can't say that she wants the same standard of living

dont ever trust that it will ok.

prenup is good. Look into trusts if you're smart. She cant take what isn't yours. You could still be beneficiary of trust if i remember right. Trusts also protect someone from lawsuits as well since what is in the trust is not "your" property.

Pre-nups just get thrown out of court nowadays anyway; be very wary

I just hate the idea of prenups. It's almost like you're planning for it to fail

Divorce laws vary from state to state. Make sure to read them. Some states are more fair than others, and remember that prenups are not written in stone, even though both parties sign it. Divorces fall under Family Court, which is a circus compared to any other type of court. It is literally fueled by backhanded judges and lawyers lining their pockets off the misery of their clients.

No, I'd rather go in agreeing that my husband shit was his own before the marriage, and same with me, than leaving that up to our perspective when we're at each other's throats. Not all Divorces are messy, but prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Don't look kat it like that because no one knows the future. You plan your life in a good way (dream cars, dream houses, etc), gotta also plan for your life in a bad way.

Think of it like an insurance policy. You buy car insurance not planning to crash, but to have it just in case

Hahaha do you think the majority of retired people have anywhere close to 2m?

prenups have been debunked. Just hire a surrogate

Im pretty sure that depends on where you live? In Saudi you could have four wives

/thread

>no linked post

sorry I just assume everyone is american unless told otherwise

The majority of retired people aren't 23 fuckhead. They're already on death's door.

But I'd have steady income on the dividends. It's not like I'd just spend the 2 million until it runs out

I am actually at attorney in California and I can vouch that this is correct. while property you aquired before marriage technically remains separate, there are many ways it can become community property (and thus split). for example, if you buy a house with the money and she lives in it during marriage, it will become community property because it would be considered "hers" too because she was living in the house. this assumes you live in a community property state, like California.

long story short get a fucking lawyer. also prenups can be thrown out if SHE doesn't also have a lawyer the idea being that she didn't know what she was signing. ALSO, if it considered unconscionable, aka too one sided, the court can throw it out.

good luck user.

Most retired people worked a full life. So even if they didn't save well, they will qualify for social security (if American). Crypto baby over here retiring at 23 can't bank on getting support from the state

thanks lawbro

see

downside is inflation...so in 60-70yrs, that's nothing

do you think the majority of people retire at 23? no chance 2 mill will last your whole life unless you live in iowa or some other shithole in middle america and live modestly

no
you get fucked no matter what happens

Not if the stocks appreciate in value as well

follow thiswow that is fucked. six figures though could be worse

and you are right. People are hypocrites, they don't trust eachother, they just pretend. And after a few yars there is a big story because they fight in court kek
just never get maried that's all you have to do
don't let some slut and her kike lawyer take what's yours, never

this
choose a white tall one with high IQ and good facial features and your kids will be foerver grateful I think ronaldo did that, mgtow in the making

>If I meet a woman later in life and get married
>Get married

???

prenups are for beta cucks

marry a good woman with traditional values, her dream should be having a family and building a life with you, go to CHURCH and find her there. Be smart. Never get divorced. Raise good white children.

Good luck.

kek I'm japanese american

Youd be better to leave it invested and only take out when its needed.

Don't ever make any money so she won't get anything.

Social security is running out of money in a few years, a ponzi scheme at this point

Yeah, you would have to live very frugal of course. But I think most retire people do that anyway.

I want /pol/ to get the fuck off my board.

You ruin literally every decent board.

>Reddit spacing
>my board
Tits or gtfo dumb roastie

Depends on what jurisdiction you're in. I believe under common law, she doesn't because it's property you brought into the marriage. Anything you make during the marriage is fair game though

p-prince harry, is that y-you?

Has anyone told you to kill yourself today?

>ruin

>Hi guys, I have a problem and am looking for a solution! Could you friendly anons help me out?
>Why yes, here is [solution].
>Fuck /pol/

Your post is innately stupid, but I must still respect you because you're a wahmen.

Just don't marry. Prenups get thrown out all the time. Not worth the risk. Also don't live in a state with common law marriage.

Give me one reason 2 million can't be retired on.

>200k house
>1.8 million left.

If you spend $600 on utilities and bills monthly (I am 26 and with a car, insurance, internet, food, and electric I don't pay more than $500 in utilities), for 1 million you can literally live for 138 years and still have 800k in savings to spare.

You could easily retire on 2 million. Most people are retarded and live in excess though.

Enjoy becoming bankrupt from medicial bills after getting cancer or getting shot.

Just put it into Crypto, gold, real estate in a trust (not in your name).
You will be fine as long as the court is not able to locate your assets.
If you currently live in a state that has common-law marriage, then you should relocate first.