Unknown Primarch Theories

Discuss theories on what happened to the 2 unknown Primarchs, and by extension their Legions. The fluff heavily implies that both fell to some kind of corruption, but I've thought up one slightly different one:
>Somewhere in the fluff one of the Legions is referred to as, "The Lost"
>What if they're literally lost in the Warp
>What if the expedition fleet was heading off to join the crusade and just never turned up again
>This opens up a lot of plot possibilities especially because time doesn't pass the same way in the Warp as it does in the material universe
>It could be that the fleet ends up at their original destination thinking the regular amount of time has passed, but it's been over 10,000 years

Could be a cool plot line. A demi-god and his forces return to find his father betrayed and dying and his Empire rotting away. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

menducia.atspace.com/primarchs/II.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They are literally

>"There is no reason for these to exist, thus absolutely no real fluff on them that is in any way conclusive, so that two people can field to separate custom themed chapters chaos or loyalist without people bitching about them or their legitimacy."

It's to sell "Your dudes" to you.

I'm well aware of their functional purpose. It's still fun to speculate on the fluff side of things.

Sigmar was one. The "twin tailed comet" that heralded his birth was his pod breaking up and crashing into the planet.

eat dick GW

The two Primarchs that are missing were fused together during their abduction from Chaos, like Ogre-mages in World of Warcraft. Their bodies joined almost entirely save for the head, one of which falls to Chaos while the other remained loyal to their father.

The Emperor found them in their God-Monument on their planet, which was shattered to oblivion after their discovery and fraticide.

One half utterly corrupted by the Powers of Chaos and one half fighting completely to retain his mind and purity.

The Space Wolves put them down without a second thought, the Good Half of the Primarch understanding it must be this way. He is immortalised in the Wolves Sage of the Two-Howling Wolf.

One of them crashed on an exodite world.

>son, come with me and conquer the galaxy
>Fuck yeah! but why?
>so humanity can rule supreme
>does it involves killing eldar?
>AS MUCH AS YOU CAN
>I'm not sure I want to do that

And that was the end of this man and his legion

1 died upon landing
The other was found horribly mutated and had to be killed

That actually was the story for a while. Before GW decided to split fantasy as far from 40k as possible.

No.

Sigmar was confirmed to have come out of a Vagina.

The lost primarchs are Omegon and Sigmar.
The Space Wolves killed the legions.
The Ultramarines took in the remains.
The Alpha Legion got the primarchs.
I posted this in the wrong thread earlier.

That's just Empire lies

Could the entry be read as having an unreliable narrator?

Well, it's very simple.

We know it wasn't Chaos.

We know that even Lorgar considers them righteous kills.

We know they never got their Legions.

That means: Aliens, mutations, or sheer stubborness. Remember, the Emperor took Angron to his ship. Something must have gone terribly wrong with the two that was WORSE THAN THAT.

>After so long, to find one of his lost sons, the Emperor had sent a communique to the planet below. An odd world, his scouts had reported.
>"My son, I have come to take you home." the communique read.
>Malcador handed him the reply on a bit of parchment printed from the chattering slot of the cogitator on the bridge.
>"It's not my job to educate you, shitlord."
>A single tear rolled down the Emperor's cheek.
>"Target the signal source."

One of them was /pol/ the other was tumblr.

>We know they never got their Legions.
How do we know that? They were obviously around long enough for some of the other Primarchs to get to know them. And the Word Bearers think that it was the Ultramarines that got their Marines, so they did exist. Except if they were found and had been killed relatively soon and far away from their Legion.

I think even BL has no idea what happened and how it was handled. Though horrible mutation is the only possible answer imo.
>it wasn't Chaos
>they did something to be purged
>they probably didn't completely rebel against the Emperor, because before Horus and Lorgar were corrupted it was unthinkable something like that would happen
>their Legions were added to other Legions or fucked off on a suicidal mission, because the first Marine on Marine violence was when World Eaters and Space Wolves fought so it's unlikely they were also purged
>they were killed on the Emperors orders and most of the primarchs agreed with him
>it probably wasn't xenos, because everyone but Fulgrim and Magnus fucking hated them

Old fluff (90s) implied that The Old World was a planet in the eye of terror, which is why they had all the same races as 40k but without the tech.

I like that theory.
Now the question is why did the legions need to be killed, since they were all loyal to the Emprah and raised in old Earth?

>because everyone but Fulgrim and Magnus fucking hated them

I donĀ“t think Malcador and Dorn hated them either, if anything they regreted that they were not there to help during the Horus Heresy.

I like the idea that one founded an Ultramar/Tau Empire deal with multiple species including a few human worlds all working together to survive the constant orks and other unfriendly things.

Then one day the Emperor shows up with his armies and starts killing his friends.

Shit goes downhill from there.

Or maybe one landed on a world populated by a race of sapient and sentient machines of human creation, little more than half broken toys from the Golden Age and not the metal gods of yore.

Primarch repairs a bunch of them and they all get along really well. He is, bar some simple single cell organisms, the only living thing on the planet.

Emperor shows up, sees his friends and just starts chucking nukes down from orbit. Emperor and Primarch never even met.

Maybe both of them had serious gene flaws that Emprah couldn't fix and they went to xenos for help, and Space Wolves killed them with Emprah's blessing for it?

One of them is locked in stasis inside the Omega Vault, to be opened at the beginning of M42.

discussing fluff in a setting where the only important thing is "your dudes" is kinda pointless
would be a cool idea though. inb4 black library fucks it up

Well of course. How do you think the Emperor gave birth to all the other ones?

Wasn't it strongly implied by Sanguinius (inb4 retcons and 'the canon is no canon') during those actually good novels on the Horus Heresy that those legions were mutants or aberrants of some sorts? Given how he's all "I KILLED MY RAGEMODE SONS BECAUSE I DONT WANT DADDY TO FIND OUT OR HE'LL GIVE US ALL THE BELT TOO!"

That's true of every single RPG setting as well.

Are you seriously suggesting that Fear to Tread is a better book than Path of Heaven or Pharos? Wow.

The Thunder Warrior pension plan.

How was that a good move again?

I prefer the major arcana interpretation of the missing primarchs, which I believe OP's pic is based off of the High Priestess interpretation. The other being the arcana, Fortune.

menducia.atspace.com/primarchs/II.html

One of them simply was never found. No matter how hard the Emperor tries, he could never find one of them.

The two lost legions were originally supposed to hark back to the Roman practice of not reusing the numbers of destroyed legions. It wasn't meant to be a plot point.

I have always likes the idea of the 2 lost primarchs being pacifist and tellig the emp to go fuck himself and fuck his crusade. If the 20 primarchs represent a "side" of the emperors being, and 18 of them being totally ok with war, meaby the 2 lost did the utterly worst decision in a galaxy of war.

This is not only not helping their father but standing in a totally diferent aproach to the humankind, more love and compasion based. Basically they got killed because they told the emperor he was wrong.