/twgg/ TowerGirls CYOA General

"We need more soldiers!" Edition

We're currently working on Gen V

Here's the current worklog:
| Gen V |
-Army Upgrades Page

Discussion of the Towergirls CYOA, RPG, Setting, or Video Game welcome here!

Everyone welcome.

FAQ:
Q - What is Towergirls?
A Veeky Forums creation. Read more here.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Tower_Girls

Q - How do I play?
A - It's a CYOA, there are no established mechanics for the rescue. All the pages to the game are in the imgur album linked in resources.

Q - Why aren't/are we we working on; Fan Gen II/Knights/combat mechanics/etc.
A - No. We recognize that spreading out our efforts is what originally killed the project. Accordingly, we're focusing on just one thing at a time and finishing them out.

Q - Hey, can we make a pricness about X fetish?
A - It generally comes down to what people like. Propose the idea and see if others want it.

Q - Is there a map/unified setting?
A - Nope. Though proposals have been made, nothing concrete has been created.

Q - Can I post fanart/fanfiction here?
A - Go right on ahead, just make sure it's within the global rules.

Resources:
Imgur Album - imgur.com/a/maXHJ
Tower Girls infinity Chan Board - https:// infinity ch.net/twgrl
Booru - tower-girls.booru.org/
Current Templates - mediafire.com/download/iidtcgi7ns1th46/army template.psd

Games:
Subtitle Pending:
towergirls.boards.net/
Kingdom Conquest:
towerkc.blogspot.ca/

Original Brush:
Photoshop - stumpypencil.blogspot.com/2009/11/return-of-stumpy-pencil.html
SAI - beroleagle.deviantart.com/art/Paint-Tool-SAI-Pencil-Brushes-96742060
Gimp - elmerucr.deviantart.com/art/Real-Pencil-Brushes-for-GIMP-57810771

Fonts:
"04b_19" is used for the name of the Princess
dafont.com/04b-19.font
"Bebas Neue Regular" is used for all the rest of the text.
dafont.com/bebas-neue.font

Last thread: 47503068

*Insert comment on dropping the ball AGAIN here*

What did I forget/not do? I am so confused since I LITERALLY just copy pasted the last one.

I meant me. Cause I wasn't paying attention.

Didn't link to the new one in the old thread.

It fell off page ten because of this thread being posted. I physically couldn't.

Sorry, I spent all day on Draw-threads doing other stuff. But here is the resized Mummy Army units.

>In there

Typing is not my forte. Here it is, fixed.

Hear me out, ideas..

>Ork Princess
>Fat Princess
>Devil Princess
>Oompa Loompa Princess, cus chocolate and fun.
>Behemoth Princess
>CHRISTMAS Princess
>Treant Princess (May be combined with christmas princess for ease and funsies.
>Shiva Princess

And I continue to support my endorsement for Troll princess but have not yet seen the art.

New and Improved Chi will save the thread

status update

armies (out of 8 or 12)
transformer atomatrons (carded)
seducer foocubi (carded)
undead dragonslayer knights (carded)
peasent rabble (carded)
insect soldiers
goblin troopers
goatmen
Dogs of war (carded and arted)
Dragon hoard (carded)
Naga snipers/marksmen
Rat secret police
Kobold Trappers
Frog witch doctors
Ogre Bouncers
goblin child soldiers
Giant Boulder-Bearers arted
Flayer Slave Masters arted
Flumph Brigade arted
Nefarious Edgolytes arted
Bandito Battalion arted
Mummy Lords arted
Stained-Glass Rogues arted and carded
Terracota Warriors arted
Symbiotic Goliaths arted
Evil Cronies arted and carded

Generals (Out of 4)
yeti general (carded)
elf General (carded)

Masters (out of 2)
Tactician master
Drill Master

Beasts (out of 2)
(wood) amber beast (carded)
(metal) hematite beast (carded)

Gen 2 expansion (out of 20)
Cloud princess(pre-existing)
Day elf princess(pre-existing)
Dream princess(pre-existing)
Huldra princesss(pre-existing)
Leach princess(pre-existing)
Clown princess(pre-existing)
Dwarf princess III (pre-existing)
Stygian Princess (pre-existing)

Pistelaro princess (arted and carded)
Jaberwocky princess (arted and carded)
Kobold princess II (arted and carded)
Filth princess (arted and carded)
Wrestler princess (arted)
Pegasus Princesss (arted and carded)
Scorpion princess (arted and carded)
Merchant princess II (arted and carded)
Chicken princess (arted)
Troll (arted and carded)
Cerberus (arted, still carding)
Alien princess (arted)

here is what troll princess looks like

Was thinking of doing a devil princess (DnD style lawful evil, with magic related to pacts and contracts) for gen5, but never got to it. Couldn't really figure what I would make her to differentiate from someone other princesses (there's already succubus and demon, and stygian proncess already has the "power at a price" thing).

I doodled a devil princess last thread who wold be more all about pacts and deals (and possibly selling off princesses or companions)

Should i toss up my other designs from last thread here?

Actually thats a rather neat premise. Can you make some more details for her?

+
+
+
- Completely Untrustworthy
-

Wealth bonus - Pact of riches : You may sell the soul of a princess or companion to receive any lust bonus or dowry

Power bonus - Pact of beauty You may sell the soul of a princess or companion to remove any Physical flaws you see in a princess

What i have so far

Also posting my other doodles before i start working on the last two

So in all seriousness none of you actually use any of this for campaigns/ vidya and just masterbate to it right? I mean these were joke threads on /v/ for christs sake no ones actually taking this seriously right?

I mean that would be Kawata shijo levels of pathetic seeing as long as this has been going on by this point.

And lastly my favorate

I run a campaign for one of my friends in make you kingdom involving some tower girls but its so heavily modded im basically just using the princess design for charicters

For instance Night elf Spymaster

See that's fine, but I'm honestly confused as to how this needs a general at its core, memes aside, it just looks like your drawing pretty princess and doing nothing else except discuss waifus. Were you kicked out of the draw threads? Why not go to /ic/? I mean fuck I know I'm going to change nothing but my curiosity had gotten the better of me, much as it did with the Kawata Shijo General

I know this is bait but i'll bite!

It's a fun little world building exercise. Cute designs, creative templates, and the community is passionate. Gotta like that!

Nope not bait, just morbid curiosity in the early morning

It still is a CYOA. They exist around Veeky Forums, all these characters are being used to make new CYOA charts with even more expansive list of characters and princess saving premises. It is all just for our own personal entertainmaint.

Its more that the descussion is productive and extensive enough to be obnoxious in a drawthread and enough to sustain a general.
Keep in mind that along with the waifu talk there is a lot of design that goes into future sheets, as well, things like our army sheet and the gen 2 expansion require quite a lot of work beyond the doodles

I think a few people have actually run towergirls-based games, mostly one-shots (everybody plays as one of the knights on the knigth chart and attempts to rescue a captured princess/princesses). There's been some talk occasionally of writing proper rules (the knight and enemy stats were made with that in mind), but nothing's come of that. Designing a game, even a simple one, is pretty hard, and let's be honest, most people just like coming up and drawing cute princesses (that's pretty much what I've been doing; it's not even the sex/fetish part, I just like trying to come up with new princess ideas and drawing cute things).

Nice. Although I'm not sure what's going on with her right shoulder. Is she wearing a large pauldron with a dragon design?

I'm also surprised you made her pregnant, like the princess is. Speaking of night elf, she ended up being the only princess of the original bonus/fan chart that never got redrawn (she and her companion still use my shitty artwork). Once we get the 3rd gen extra chart, that should probably be rectified.

she has a little drake animal companion, also i think most of the designs on the extra chart honestly need a good redraw to bring them to the same level as what we are putting out now

Ran a CIV style campaign for my friends with the original princess chart from years ago. To date it was one of the most hilarious and fun games we've done. We used the Broquest knight chart for the Knights since we didn't have the knight chart of today

Long stories short
>titan knight became a god king
>one player assassinated his own ghost wife
>golemn went full nuclear
>jester married a mimic
>mermaid kingdom fukin pissed
>paladin fell from having to many goblin kids

Eh, it's fun to put your own twist on it.
Example, I haven't even finished my own personal trek through it for wank purposes.

I'd like to know more about this character.

And yeah, the artwork has improved. Most of the art on the expansion chart was redrawn by one guy, and while I think most of them are quite good, the style is notably different from the original gen 1-3 artwork, and sometimes a bit messy.

Although I think the companions for gen 4 would need redrawing sooner. Most of them still have the placeholder artwork.

Its less that the artwork is bad, though some of it is (looking at you element princess) Its that inconsistency will make everything look worse, Its better to have a consistent eh artstyle than some great stuff mixed in with some crap, at least that's generally how things go.

Here is Sasquatch Princess, Finishing off with Asura princess next

we could prolly use oldschool yeti for her, I can even edit her a bit if needed. Unless weve already used her for something else?

her feet arnt big though!

oh fuk, big feet are hard in the twgrl style. but damnit ill try

Also thats a kind of clear edit of monkey princess

ALSO asura princess my most complex design by far

Well I know one princess the dragon can have.

Well thats rude, though not surprising Im sure some people will love her though

Yeah this may be tough. Can't wait to see though!

The adorable face juxtaposed to the angry faces is great, made me chuckle!

Just curious for my own improvement, what ones were done messily? Possibly I can make them even better!

Also the style is different mostly due to the wonderful designs of multiple different artists who made the original princesses before I re-inked them to match up closer to the original gen artwork.

Glad you like her, I would love to see your take on any of them if there are any you would like to work on, also as for the messy artwork if from the old expansion.
Rust, orphan fitness Stygian, cloud, day elf, cloud water, radiant and bugbear princesses all need a fresh coat of paint, and, to be honest, almost all the other ones could benefit from one.

I'm sorry, but I'm not having this shit happen in my kingdom.

I kind of prefer the original Rock Princess over the current one, although the current one is probably technically better. She looked cuter.

Day Elf, Rust and a few others look a bit...I'm not sure of a proper word, but kind of "messy/unfinished". Dunno what exactly it is. Rust Princess looks a bit flat, I suppose, but for the others is that the linework could use a bit of tidying, I think.

Honestly i would Love to see all or most of them redrawn with the image as a base rather than simply touched up, but at the same time i realize that is a wholly unreasonable request

Oh no, I was referencing the user who was specifically talking about the Gen 5 stuff.

Ah ok then all the gen 5 stuff looks great!

Here's a question for you, user.
What would you do if EVERY Princess was Dog Princess?

I would rescue two and watch them try to murder each other secretly ala Spy vs Spy

That's not a bad idea actually.
>Human Dog Princess and Knight Dog Princess
>Watch them use underhanded tactics in comic relief for the whole kingdom to enjoy as they try to murder each other

I just realized that these Flayers are more Generals than armies. Thoughts?

Also when we get a sheet made up, i'll start to fill the power-bars with the needed art. But for now. I am just getting them on cards.

Yeah that would work better as a general i think

Well I'd have no other choice but Dog Princess so my desire for a harem wouldn't interfere with me picking best girl anymore.

ahhh, I dunno

heres one with the og colors and less screwy linework

Ehh i'm not so sure I think I would rather have it done from scratch than from the monkey base

I think we have a winner. Oh but...the abs are pointing to the right. May need to flip that?

well I mean sasquatch/bigfoot is of the monkey variety. did try and change some of the aspects to look different

Sasquatch is monkey-like, literally the only thing really remaining is the ears, which even then, is it's own thing. We have multiple horse characters that follow the same template. Heck Assassin/Ninja follow the same template as well. this is fine and dandy.

Its more that it jsut doesnt really resemble my design, the face is completely different, Not saying its bad, I'm just not fond of it

Flumphs done! Now I must get ready for DND!

Great work Eversor, you continue to be one of the people keeping us afloat, thanks mate.

I don't quite get the unlock requirement.

Skip a Gen, it looks like to me.

I was trying to think of a way of explaining that you wasted a turn, or a moment, or you were flaffing about not saving princesses.

This is gonna need a overhaul but heres the preliminary design.

That looks awesome.
>Now kinda want an Overlord Princess cause this reminded me of the Overlord games for some reason
Damnit Eversor, now I gotta go play that game in all its glory and shitty commanding controls.

Looks pretty good for a start desu
Are you gonna do the rest of them?

as the original artist she looks awesome though if possible could you angle her horns a bit more? The two sticking straight up in parallel looks a bit off

also shouldent her hands and tail be fur colored not skin colored?

Well, and I'm a bit presumptuous, perhaps, b my goal has always been to finish the 5 gens (so that the Tiamat is complete), the first three Expansion gens (so that all those old princesses don't get left out), and then design that ruleset. That has always been part of my rough roadmap for where I'd like things to go, but it's ultimately up to everyone where we end up.

That sounds about right honestly We might expand the later two gens as well but that looks about it

Full on goat head

FULL GOAT

Fuck off, furfag.

Nah, im not against animal heads, but Goats are not attractive

We have the art.

but how will she become the baphomet she was meant to be without a hyper detailed Metallica head!?

but seriously, im just kidding

the trick is either using a currently existing rule-set like GURPS or even Pathfinder. or just starting from scratch. Then again a lot of people just use the characters themselves rather than stats. Another problem is establish based canon, something thats cause for alarm in twgrls

Might have to have that pentagram on her forhead though hidden under her bangs

Trying to force a ruleset on us would be the absolute worst idea desu

It wouldn't be forced. It'd be an optional ruleset for those who prefer more structured play. That's the number 1 question I get asked when i want to introduce this to friends "how do you play?" Most of them lose interest because a CYoA doesn't catch their fancy. Having the ability to show them a system, even if, as this guy suggested, it's just a simple conversion for an existing system, would help give the game broader appeal without changing what it is. Personally, GM Princess and I would love to make an event of it, us and our friends sitting down, getting drunk, and playing a session of Tower Girls.

>People that don't like CYOAs don't like CYOAs
So what? Not for them. Don't try to shove us in a box for their sake.

>an optional ruleset
I think you misunderstand me. It wouldn't change the Princess pages AT ALL. Nothing about the CYOA would change. I would build the mechanics around what we have, not rebuild what we have around these mechanics. Wouldn't even be mentioned on the Gens, its own separate page entirely.

Hail our Overlord Princess.

That's... not exactly what I had in mind, that's some form of Pure Overlord. What I had in mind was closer to pic related.

>Literally the same with a palette swap

so, a little of topic, but do you have any Knight ideas?

Klan Knight

Super Knight

Troll Knight
the Yokai Knight card needs some fucking stats, we need a ghosty knight
Alien Knight
Mutant Knight
Pillar Knight
Ooze Knight
Cultist Knight
Golem Knight

Landsknecht Knight
Myrmidon Knight
Crow Knight
Cinder Knight
Beast Hunter Knight
Scholar Knight
Vajra Knight
Cloud Knight
Weaponless Knight
Onion Knight
Blind Swordsman Knight
Tremor Knight
DOOM Knight

Wendigo Knight
Dola Knight
some form of aquatic based knight, like Pirate Knight or whatever he's called but with actual fish
a burrowing knbight (zombie knight, maybe? zombies tend to rise from the earth)
Harpy Knight
Chameleon Knight
a cthulu style knight in the same vien as Eldritch Princess

Psycat Knight
>Happy-go-lucky knight with a cat-shaped helmet and long belt strap. Holds his sword with pink psychic energy.
Psycat Knight 2
>Intimidating version of Psycat. Belt tail is armored, body armor is white and purple, and his mask is sleek. Holds his weapon with purple psychic energy.

Basically Mew and Mewtwo.