Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Weapons of Mass Destruction Edition.

Whats the most destructive attack or spell you could pull off, /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19): paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the unerrata'd content here: web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

goodman-games.com/etherscope.html
d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/threatening-illusion-metamagic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting from previous tread.
I want to run victorianesque campaing.
Maybe something like Unhallowed Metropolis (common early firearms, there is polution, social inequality and some vampire shit in cities, and there is a lot of zombie/other undead problem in countryside). Is there any good sources, books or suggestions for something like this?
I gladly would GM actual Metropolis, but some of my players don't want to change system.

Does anyone know any gun-related 3pp content? Primarily stuff like upgrades/enchants/other guns/feats, stuff like that. Path of War stuff is already known.

Anything about mundane crafting for 3pp stuff?

You could check out the Iron Kingdoms. It has a lot of gun support, it is designed around 3.5 rather then pathfinder but a conversion should not be too difficult to do.

GM allowed called shot meta-magic; with the level adjustment being 1/2 the called shot penalty, rounded up.

Vitals are at +3. So I made a Called shot(Groin) infinite use of Magic Missile wand that basically had sickened attached to it due to groin-seeking magic.

So worst case they're sickened and best case they lose 1d6 of con or is it just straight sickened?

I'd assume strait-up sickened; typically the major effects happen on critical hits, and because Magic Missile lacks any attack rolls, it can never crit.

I dunno about "destructive" per say, but once you get a high enough level to cast anything with the "Dazing Spell" metamagic feat, you can pretty much break the combat system with multi-target spells. Fireball becomes a spell capable of hitting everything within 20 feet of it's detonation for decent damage and then leaves them unable to act for 3 whole turns of they fail the save. You can be a blaster-caster and provide support at the same time.

For ultimate cheese take the "Magical Lineage" trait or put "Dazing Spell" on a rod so it doesn't consume higher level spell slots. In fact, rod crafting in general is one of the few crafting skills/feats I'll almost always recommend on a caster.

The wand of infinite sack taps?

Earthquake+Storm of Vengeance is a personal favorite for when you want to just tell a whole town to go fuck itself.

Rerolling to a wizard to fill out control/utility in a mostly-martial party, decided to pick up item crafting to avoid the DM's insistence of shady, greedy merchants and dubious magic items. Is there a way around just using literally all feats on crafting? I'd like to pick up some of the things like Inscribe Magical Tattoo, craft construct etc. but for a 7th level character my feats are pretty tied up with the typical craft wondrous/arms and armor/forge ring/craft wand.
I guess I could start out with the level 1 feats retrained to some of the higher requirement feats? But other options would be nice.

There is no RAW way other than Leadership, which, I assume, is banned.

well there is, but it's a mythic option.

Otherwise, you're hosed.

Psychic Reformation all day.

Paragon Surge. Just refresh it every X minutes to keep up the effect.
A bit heavy on spell slots, but hey, a free feat is a free feat.

It's not, but it eats a feat slot anyway to give another, slightly worse, craftbot that is liable to experience sudden bouts of stupidity and wander off to get ganked or otherwise abused.
Mythic though is definitely out of the question.
Definitely would be either banned or no way to get someone to cast it on me.
During what points are you actually required to have the crafting feat? Is it only when you have to make the spellcraft check, or at all points during? Definitely worth considering swapping to half elf from human depending on how that interaction happens.

You don't NEED all the crafting skills to be honest. Just pick the ones that fit your circumstances. I rarely ever take more than two or three as a caster.

S Tier:
-Craft Rod (Lets you use Metamagic Feats for cash instead of spell-slots basically)

A Tier:
-Craft Arms/Craft Armor (Good if you team needs stuff)
-Scribe Magical Tatoo (Highly subjective to the DM's interpretation and your party's needs)

B Tier:
-Craft Wondorous Item (Kinda ruins the fun of getting this stuff as loot, and the additional requirements for wondorous items are usually high, better off just buying the ones you need)
-Craft Wand: Healing wands are always nice, along with a few other utility ones.

C Tier:
-Brew Potion (A-Tier with Swift Drinker, otherwise inferior to wands)
-Craft Staff (Nice to have, but any half-decent GM will give the casters a way to get good staves)
-Craft Ring (Similar to Wondorous Item, but even less versatile)

D Tier:
Scribe Scroll (Wizards get this for free, but everyone else should just be making wands/tatoos/anything else)

>It's not, but it eats a feat slot anyway to give another, slightly worse, craftbot that is liable to experience sudden bouts of stupidity and wander off to get ganked or otherwise abused.
You spend one feat to, over time, get all the crafting feats. The RoI is through the roof.

Do skalds really have fewer perform options than bard?

What's the point?

>During what points are you actually required to have the crafting feat? Is it only when you have to make the spellcraft check, or at all points during?
Depends on your DM, really.

Potions are worthless when it comes to higher level.

Scribe scroll is *really* useful for one-off spells that you don't want to prepare, but you want to have on hand; like Dimensional Anchor.

I usually prefer CWI over SMT and CMAaA.

They're more destructive than a bard.

SPELL
KENNING

If I recall correctly, there's a feat that allows potions to be drunk as a swift action. Being able to give myself various buffs like Haste, Bulls Strength, Ablative Barrier, ect every turn as my swift sounds extremely useful on certain classes that don't need their swifts for anything else.

Then again it also sounds like something that would have gotten errat'd into uselessness long ago and I'm probably unaware of it.

No attack roll just means sicked for 1d4 or 1 round, depending on if they make their fort save
I called it AIDS
Automatic
Inhibiting
Defense
Spell

>TFW when my GM decided item-crafting feats were stupid and just said if you had the appropriate skills (Spellcraft, Smithing, Alchemy, ect.) you could just make any magic that made sense for the character.

If you're reading this, you're the best.

*make any item

Yeah, I don't really want them all, it just seems hard given the circumstances to fit the neater, less-mandatory ones in.
I can only really swap out rings, but some of the stuff like sustenance etc would be incredibly helpful, and there is approximately a 0% chance we'd actually be able to find any to buy.
In the setting, most magic stuff is prohibitively expensive, so i'm taking it on myself to pick up the slack as well as making some money on the side.
Fair enough, I'll ask him when he's around next.
I envy you your GM, we've had to fight tooth and nail to get anything magical and our request for innate bonus progression was denied.

>Be me
>Be evil overlord
>Party of adventures finally reaches my domain after many trials and tribulations.
>Final battle commences.
>Arrows bounce off my blackened armor
>Sword clashes with that of the fighters
>Minions flood the room and force the monk and rogue to take them out.
>But every six seconds, the wizard flicks his wand and causes my nuts to take 1d4+1 points of force damage.
Fucking wizards

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. Most of what we fight hasn't had anything we could even sell, and any jobs/bounties we get tend to be incredibly underpaid. We recently got a bunch of money, but ended up having to spend most of it to buy some resurrections for some NPCs. This is in addition to a direct 30%+ price hike on any magical item, -if- we can find someone willing to sell it. It's not even a low magic setting, I honestly just have no idea why he's making it so hard to get basic shit like +1 weapons.

+1 swords shouldn't even be magical IMO. They should just be a really finely crafted sword made with top-quality materials. (I guess this is what Masterwork is supposed to represent, but whatever.)

What happened if the target didn't have a groin? Would the spell fail or would it randomly seek out another ball sack?

PoW archetype for wizards when?

My dream is a manifesting/initiating Magus rework who combines Psionics and PoW, channeling blasts like energy ray through strikes.

>Magus
>PoW
>Psionics

You don't fucking ask for much, do you? What you ACTUALLY want is Spellstrike, isn't it?

Essentially, I want Bladecaster's Arcane Assault for Psionics instead of Arcane magic.
Awakened Blade is more about self-buffing than novaing, a very different feel.

And preferably single-classed rather than a PrC.
>tfw it'll literally never happen

Could VMC as a Magus. It takes until level 11 to get Spellstrike, but... you could.

It doesn't work on strikes, unlike Arcane Assault, tho.
I guess I could homebrew a Psionic version of Bladecaster, though.

I just want an initiator with the ability to cast lv9 spells outside of combat, is that too much to ask?

Probably, yes.

Gestalt.

>DMs who allow gestalt characters exist.

I wish I lived in your fantasy world.

I mean, I'm about to be playing in a western-themed gestalt game with Guns Everywhere and initiators soon, so yeah, shit's pretty good.

Gambler Kineticist with a conductive bow and Awakened Blade is your answer.

I don't believe it allows striking AND nuking at the same time.

Yeah, it does.

>Use Raise the Stakes
>Strike using conductive weapon
>Hit
>Kinetic Blast using conductive
>Raise the Stakes goes off on your next Kinetic Blast, delivering power

Actually, that's brilliant.
Thanks, user.

So which Craft check do you use to invent breakfast cereal?

I'm pretty sure Craft (Cooking) is a thing. Or Profession (Chef), one of those two.

Can I "Stand Still" foe, to not let him get up from prone position?

Nope. Stand Still is specifically AoOs triggered by moving through threatened spaces. Standing up is a different trigger.

Fuck. Then it's totally useless, thanks.

Not really. It can be useful if you're trying to lock people down.

What are you up to, user?

How to build a half-giant zen archer? Some guy answered my question but I'm a beginner so I need a more in depth how to guide.

It could be useful, if it were within reach, not only adjacent. I miss those times.
I can lock them with trip within my reach.
I know that some monsters have more CMD against trip, but I also can buff my trip CMB easily.

this post is about a very non-standard pathfinder game, so approach it with an open mind

looking for a small bit of help, not looking to deviate too much from what i've written here though.
i have a theoretical short term campaign to unleash on my group, probably around 4-6 sessions, once or twice week, based around some absurdly absurd rules, meant to be an absurd experience, meant more to shake things up in a way that we'll either have fun or laugh about how we should never do this again, i've explained the idea to each of them and they seem interested

>party starts at level 1 with 1 level in all core classes
>when party reaches level 2 they are level 2 in all core classes
>when party reaches level 3 they are level 3 in all core classes and so on
>class features like rage or cleric spells are locked behind their alignment requirements as usual
>during character creation, stats are rolled straight and placed where they lay with 3d6, so stats are your main limitation, players can then from this point pick the race of the player next to them
havent decided yet if health and starter gold should simply be the highest available, or all of them rolled together.
but without deciding that, I won't be able to attempt to design any encounters, but i'm expecting some very off the rails gameplay from this so i'll be focusing more on some generic storylines that intertwine with eachother for them to deal with in ways they wouldn't usually.
aside from the health/gold I'm also trying to think of a name for this type of game, maybe something like "unclassy"

any major concerns? I have a pretty good idea of what i'm getting myself into but I'm probably overlooking something obvious somewhere

I'd say use Gestalt rules for determining stuff like gold, saves, features, etc.

Also, you'd better be planning to do the same to enemies.

"You enter the room, and see four half-construct undead goblin-shaped oozes!"

>he's literally doing 11-way gestalt

The bookkeeping alone would be a fucking NIGHTMARE, dude. Consider toning it down just a bit; have each player randomly draw a fullcaster (Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard), a partcaster (Bard, Paladin, Ranger), and a noncaster (Barbarian, Fighter, Monk, Rogue).

I personally would stand up and walk away from the table, but that's because I have never rolled well for stats (nothing above an 11 on 4d6b3 reroll ones)

The class mixture means that there won't be much difference between characters, mechanically, except that whoever rolls better stats will simply be BETTER than everyone else.

Maintaining alignment locks is honestly kind of stupid. All it does is blacklist lawful people from raging and makes LG or LN probably the best alignment because you get free Monk and Paladin/Druid (depending on if you have a high Wis or high Cha) abilities. Also, cleric spells have no alignment requirement outside of a few specific ones that interact with alignment.

Honestly, your game, your rules, sounds like your players are on board, but I can't really see this going anywhere other than "we should never do this again"

Depending on the experience of the players in question, i'd expect a fair bit of bogging down with trying to juggle class features and spells.
There's also probably going to be that guy who takes 20 minutes to hunt for exactly the optimal move for every scenario.

hey /pfg/!

What's the most rip and tear build you can think of?

hard mode: No Barbarian levels

Not enough to make it relevant past low levels you can't. Monster CMD scales faster than your CMB ever will, and that's ignoring flying, untrippable, multilegged, and other methods of outright immunity or practical immunity from it.

Skinwalker natural attack alchemist, generic shapeshift druid, primal fury/thrashing dragon warlord. I'm sure there's plenty of builds that would fit that.

Abyssal Bloodrager.

Absurd != Fun

Dumb shit for the sake of dumb shit isn't worth doing.

Multi-gestalt on that level is basically nothing more than just an excessive amount of bookkeeping at best, and a recipe for weird and broken abominations that could be done for the sake of it a lot easier by other means.

Rolling for stats is basically the worst thing you can do. Rolling for stats as 3d6 straight down the line is some serious "Shit nigger what the fuck is wrong with you" tier stuff, because seriously, why? If you're going for an "Absurd" game, why not just give them either an excessively high pointbuy, or a high spread of stats?

>People decide the other players races
Literally does nothing but piss people off or lead to absolutely rampant minmaxing in an effort to buy people off to not get fucked over, no point to it.

I honestly don't know why you're attempting this, or why anyone would attempt to play in this. Like, people are a fan of high powered shit, but this just sounds like the sort of game that's 100% guranteed to be a clusterfuck, and not in a good way. One of the games that gets put in That GM and Horror Story threads.

Well... Shifters can get pretty decent Rip And Tear.

But if you're asking what's the best DOOM you can make... That's a tricky one.

Although I'll have to keep that lad in mind.

Weapon Refinement: Bottomless Magazine

Powersuit Upgrade: Folded Space Storage Device

Pharmaceutical: Berserker Pack

Don't forget Synthesis Summoner who specializes in BIG, MEATY CLAWS.

Beastmorph Alchemist, maybe Tengu for natural claw attacks. Get the Rend special ability, the Boar Style chain, Two-Weapon Rend, Rending Claws, and Greater Rending Fury.

Rip and tear 5 times if you hit with both claws.

Stand still also have most of this restrictions, that makes it even more shittier.

I forgot to mention, the reason you'd want to grab Tengu is because they're explicitly able to use their claws (which are on their feet) and their hands to make attacks at the same time.

>Monster CMD scales faster than your CMB ever will
I forgot to greentext this line

No one can help me?

>common early firearms
"Guns Everywhere" rules from Ultimate Combat exist for that.

>there is polution
Not sure how you want to make that mechanically relevant, but the Tech Guide might have some ideas for you to crib from the rules for radiation and weird alien fluids.

>social inequality
That is entirely a roleplay concern.

>some vampire shit in cities
Dhampir race.

>a lot of zombie/other undead problem in countryside
Literally any bestiary ever, they're all stuffed to the rafters with undead.

In other words, you needed to google for ten seconds.

Oh, the sourcebook you need, it's 3.5 D&D but can be easily adapted, is ETHERSCOPE.

It's a high-victorian cyberpunk (with almost no punk, and respectably little steam, actually most vehicles run on diesel)

Hell, here's a review. great game Get your hands on it if you can.

goodman-games.com/etherscope.html

>the half construct undead goblin-shaped oozes thank you for putting them out of their misery
the gold seems to be as i stated, health would be 12+conmod, seems ok sure.
>I personally would stand up and walk away from the table
entirely understandable and that's why I've explained the concept to each player individually with no peer pressure involved, I honestly wasn't expecting it to get this much approval by them

also: A cleric's alignment must be within one step of her deity's, along either the law/chaos axis or the good/evil axis.

they're all fairly experienced, but also tend to pick the same classes over and over, consensus between them seems to be a good opportunity to fuck up everything horribly by going way out of their comfort zone fighting some basic goblins.
I think a lot of the bogging down will be handled by the players rolled stats unless some absolute chosen one shit happens and one of them gets 18's across the board, since during the trial rolls people seemed to have a pretty good range of stat variation, so they'd each likely end up in some sort of 'role'.

a lot of the spells and what not are duplicated by other classes which should cut down on some of it, limiting the classes back wouldn't actually save all that much really, but I'm not expecting people to keep up on the book keeping of everything, and more to calculate things out as we go with happy surprises and terrible misfortunes along the way
sorta banking on it drawing itself a bit back in practice, while keeping ability in theory (also we tend to play with things like crit-fails so attempting things you're bad at can be pretty dangerous, but they tend to also roll crazy well in the dumbest situations which makes it great)

you seem pretty upset about this my man
perhaps you should consider chilling and not trying to decide what other people think is fun
I never asked you to sit at my table so don't bother trying to shit at it.

I know all of this (exept Texh Guide, thanks), I just wanted to know, if is there some materials about victorian-like settings.
That can be very useful, thanks.

Hey man, you're welcome to try and find players for your shitfest of a game, but the rules for it are excessively pointless and don't seem conductive to anything enjoyable, your idea is based around lolrandumb shit which most people dislike, and you're using an extremely outdated system for genning stats that pretty much everyone abandoned over a decade ago because it was awful.

Thank you folks, May your enemies always have Huge Guts.

nigger are you serious?
can you even read
I'm not looking for anyone, I have a full group full of people who enjoy the random elements of tabletop.

I can see this working under one scenario: you draw up a quickref of ALL the abilities they have access to at whatever level you start at.

Sure you do friend. I'm sure they're very happy and enthusiastic for your shithouse game, and they aren't just going with it because they don't want to GM.

I mean, if that's the case, then they deserve to suffer, so it's a win/win.

Addendum: Etherscope is a setting where, in 1895, a scientist discovered Etherspace, a parallel current of reality in which the willpower of the user is made manifest. Etherspace is many things. Like the Warp, you can use it to travel from point A to point B in a matter of moments. UNLIKE the warp, there's not all kinds of mindfuckery demons living in it that want to eat our souls. In fact, it's mostly empty, but with some bad patches and turbulent areas.
You can also tap it for power, communicate through it internet-style, and even harness it's power innately (as a spirit medium or other psychic-type). Hell, with the right narcotics you can even just enter the Ether from any location.
The era of Etherscope is 1984, but the sensibilities are 1895. Don't expect gears slapped on everything and everyone wearing goggles. DO expect people to adhere very strongly to the seven victorian virtues, and having victorian morality vices. The game's mechanic revolving around these virtues & vices actually replaces the alignment system.
Pollution is ubiquitous. Coal and Oil are still burned for fuel, and the etherscopes themselves put out foul phlogiston when open.
You want to talk about social inequity? Proto-nazis took over most of europe following The Great War and instead of mass genocide, they went into eugenics, with ether assistance, they started genetically modifying undesirables "so they could be of greater use to society". Now, seventy years later, you have fourth generation gamma humans, Delta humans, and Epsilon humans. humans whose ancestors were experimented on in order to create lower castes, by splicing in genes from rats, horses, and dogs. These people are *not* furries, they look HUMAN, except for a bit of a pointed face on the rat-men, sharper teeth on the dog-men, and long, flat faces on the horse-men. You also have second generation "Alpha Humans", people who were made by the eugenics league to be the leaders of the world.

ah, they start at level 1, so it should be fairly simple to do but that is a very good suggestion, I'll try to do that and organize it with the alignment locks in mind
and it might also help give a better idea to which alignments are technically stronger.

Gonna say Lawful Good, probably, because it gives you Monk and Paladin, and loses only Barbarian. Rage is good, but it's not "+Cha to saves, +Wis to AC, flurry of blows" good.

yeah, but then they'll also be expected to act lawful good.

my group is a band of murder hobos who's motto is "NO WITNESSES NO SURVIVORS"
should make for a good show when they fall the first session

LG also loses Druid. Depending on the stats, LN for druid/monk or any other neutral for druid/barbarian might be stronger, though I'll admit that Paladin is probably the worst class to lose if you have high charisma. CG, LE and CE definitely get shafted, though.

user-san! user-san! What are some cool in-combat Silent Image trick?

My favorite is to create Fog/Mist that my ally can see through.

>cleric alignment based on god

Well, since neither alignment nor deity is being randomly determined, that doesn't really mean anything. Unless someone intentionally chooses a god that doesn't work for their alignment

Cover the pit you dug earlier with the illusion of land. Or, if you're pressed for time, make an illusion of a poorly-hidden pit

Wall as total cover. Can make fake threat for flanking, if DM allows. Illusion of pit, to make enemies go around some places.

how? wouldn't they just stand up and 5-foot to you then?

> Can make fake threat for flanking

Only if you're a gnome. Cause Paizo.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/threatening-illusion-metamagic

>if DM allows
Cause this.

Honestly, how the fuck do gnomes get exclusive anything?

At first, I can't make half-orc Prankster, now my half-orc can't make nasty things with illusions.
I sure, there have to be a rule, that only gnomes can Intimidate with illusions. I'll be very depressed, if it so.

For the same reason Half-Elves get a bonus to using hybridization funnels and EVERY half-orc somehow knows to be speak Orcish and use a Double Axe.