Spaceship thread

A thread in which we post spaceships

first for hard sci fi only acceptable sci fi.

I disagree, but have the only hard-sci ship I have saved.

nice bait 10/10

figured I'd get the usual space thread shitflinging out the way at the start.

>radiators inside of radiation zone
>they backscatter radiation into crewed compartments.

Bad hard sci-fi.

go on

I don't know if this is the thread to ask, but I want to create a setting where the crew of a starship become fugitives and have to somehow survive in the outskirts of civilized space but are trying to stay away from civilization at the same time.

I want to know what other parts of a starship are important to it's operation?
I currently have
>Command Information Center/Bridge where the Captain, weapons, astrogation and the sensors officers are
>Primary Engineering where the ship's engineers keep watch over the fusion engine
>FTL Drive Engineering where more specialized engineers make sure that this doohickey actually gets them someplace else rather than just blowing up the ship
>Crew Quarters/Living Spaces/Rec Areas/Mess hall
>Life Support

Anything else I should add? I want to keep the number of characters below a couple dozen.

Fuel tanks, general storage.

Look at an RVs layout, or better yet a commercial boat or yacht to get an Idea of what's necessary for a ship.

You seem to have forgotten the medical stuff, though you can probably say it's handled by robots.

>Fuel Tanks
>Medical Ward
>General Storage
>Retractable Heatsinks/radiators

Those too. Though i'll probably have to read up on ship and submarine stories to come up with scenarios that the crew might have to deal with.

>Though i'll probably have to read up on ship and submarine stories to come up with scenarios that the crew might have to deal with.
Nightmares, the crew will deal with technological nightmares.

>das boot intensifies

They'll have to get outside the ship sometimes too. Those asteroids aren't going to be mined by themselves.

Food production? I understand it's not a station, but space is pretty fucking desolate in terms of nutrients.

Unless they're pirates, then add a cargo hold.

They can make nutritious sludge via matter fabricator by inputting carbon and other vital elements, but that that's considered worse than drinking your own piss in-universe and lowers morale and sanity.

A talented cook could make something actually palatable out of it, but it's still akin to eating a turd sprinkled with barbecue sauce.

Terminus Est.
Found out it was named for a sword in The Book of the New Sun