Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Big Fat Vamp Tats Edition

Link to last thread: >1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

Other urls found in this thread:

realmofchaos80s.blog
youtu.be/0DkfMc3mpwQ
youtu.be/SaW-chEUoLs
youtube.com/watch?v=dNFGJQIW5ZM
youtube.com/watch?v=-68bXPgH9Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=qjzLuddjIUI
youtube.com/watch?v=6AQseMwiSYY
youtube.com/watch?v=a33VfPvCka0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So looking at Kaleb Daark's stats and profile. I'm wondering where I can find the information on what the runes on his armor do since the Warhammer Battle Magic pdf on Megaupload appears to be from a different edition.

>It's useless because it's literally a third of the available data.

No, one-third of available data is something we don't know. We know it is 1/3 sources of data, but the sample size for another one of the sources is minute because there are relatively few Games Workshop stores in comparison to FLGS.

The only legitimate skew is online sales from GW.

>They're not GWs competitors you turd, it's star wars merchandise selling well around the release of the only decent star wars sequel. Of course it's going to do well, stocks in a company that produced nothing but silicon casts of mark hamiltons ball sack would perform better than most companies on the market at this point.

That's nice. But literally every major Games Workshop competitor on the miniature market has their stocks on the rise, not just FFG (who produce a lot more than Star Wars anyway). By contrast, Games Workshop value only slides. When stock market experts are calling Games Workshop stock toxic (meaning "you will not see a return on your investment no matter what they do, we bet our reputation on it"), you know they are failing.

Who has called it toxic?

Regardless, I still plan to buy enough to net myself a board of directors seat if I ever win the lotto.

>Is that an intentional joke on the old lady who called "Mark Hamilton" hot while Mark Hamill was disguised as a neoTrooper interviewing her?

I knew I got the meme from somewhere but couldn't place it.

>The only legitimate skew is online sales from GW.
As well as online sales from brick and mortar GW stores, who deal in bits. It is still but a third of the data and is almost useless because there's no way to draw a conclusion from it.

>you know they are failing.
Gw failing does not equate to 40k no longer being the top game in murica, gw was failing long before x-wing hit the scene and will be failing long after it collapses. Using it as evidence is this case makes it seem like you just hate GW.

That page was published in 1986 (realmofchaos80s.blog (common dog name).com/2013/01/the-malignancy-of-malal-solving-mystery.html?m=1) so you're looking for second edition which was released in 1985. Third came out in 1987, so that's too late.

Don't know where to find that, sorry. But I can let you know what you're looking for.

Considering that's the only data we will ever have your insistence that we just always assume Games Workshop is top dog and 40k the top game is just as stupid as someone saying it for sure isn't.

The only true statement is "We don't know, but the only data that will ever be available indicates X-Wing is on top."

That shadow texture makes it look like her tits were covered in mud at some point.

The best time to invest would have been in 2010, pre apocalypse. At some point GW is going to get smart and begin whoring out fantasys IP to other video game companies (they can make vermintide variants every year for the next sixteen years for example) and the stock might actually be worth something.

My insistence is that you not assume a woman is thin just because the head shot she provided isn't particularly chubby.

>The only true statement is "We don't know, but the only data that will ever be available indicates X-Wing is on top in terms of sales for north america in brick and mortar friendly local gaming stores."

Fixed that for you.

>That shadow texture makes it look like her tits were covered in mud at some point.
Well, Dracula slept in a coffin filled with transylvanian soil.
So it's not far fetched.

I have no problem with some dirty vampire tits.

I think that's mottled flesh and veiny boobs.

Pale people look like that when they get flushed. Pic semi related, can't find a decent example but you can kind of see it here.

Oh I know what it was supposed to be it just seemed like it missed the mark.
Pale goth tits with that single blue vein are hot as fuck by the way, more so if she's got the red lipstick to match.

What's the best way to put together a 9th Age VC army?
Unbound or a specific bloodline?
What models are not worth taking now?

youtu.be/0DkfMc3mpwQ

Lore in a minute on Warhammer.

Outriders or pistoliers for my Empire lads? I'm leaning towards outriders for aesthetic and BS4 reasons.

How is Total Warhammer?

Bretty good, I've been failing repeatedly at the campaign and had to set it on ezmodo to learn more, but it's still fun.

(My first Total War ever.)

Single player is fun. Still waiting on my friends to pick it up for MP.

I've been playing TW since Med2 (2006), and think this is the best one they've ever produced.

Also, Karl Franz on Deathclaw with a bound fireball ring is fucking amazing.

Between him and my bright wizard it made the Blackfire Pass 2: Orclectric Boogaloo mission for Ghal Maraz surprisingly simple.

(Also having a shitton of spearmen and halberdiers helped against the giant and spider.)

Enjoy the new Bretonnia models

Speaking of which, do the goblin cavalry units count as "Larger Units" for the bonus of spears and Halberds?

Or is it just cavalry, trolls, mega crypt-ghouls, and giants etc?

Is it viable to have an Empire army with mostly hand-gunners and artillery? I think I can do melee-mulcher armies with most races, but the Empire has the artillery and gunners, so I'd like to use that.
If only our other Legendary Lord was a Master Engineer...

We'll have to see how MP goes. Currently top two spots are held by Medieval 2 and Napoleon. I can't really factor Medieval 1 in because its a bitch to get going. Other than that, I'm liking this way more than any of the other ones.

Depends what you mean by that. If you mean over 50% ranged, no way. Fast cavalry will wreck you. If you mean sitting back with Hellfires and siege tanks, some handguns and a strong line in front of them, then yes, that's my normal strat. You can smash many armies bad before they even reach you.

Best girl. Well, almost.

Excuse me Veeky Forums. If Valkia is a Daemon Princess then why does she function like a Chaos Lord instead of a Daemon Prince?

Hell if I know. I can't imagine spears don't do better against any type of cavalry, but I haven't figured out the intricacies yet.

Goblin cavalry definitely won't beat a spear unit from the front, though, so there's that.

Nero is nice too

Probably because she isn't a daemon princess, she just got a makeover from Khorne.

Replying sorta to the wrong person but my noobish ass uses maybe just under 1/4 to 1/3rd ranged on empire and dwarfs.
Generally you'll want to protect ranged with a mix of different types of Melee.

Usually at least Shielded Spearmen or (Unshielded) Halberdiers to keep cavalry off of them.

Halberdiers being better against shock and "Stuck in" Melee cavalry and shilded spearmen doing better against shooty skirmish cavalry. (Keep some Handgunners or Crossbowmen around your artillery too to make sure you don't have to chase down the missile cavalry with said spearmen.

Otherwise keep ranged up front but switch the lines so melee is up front when the enemy gets too close.

Are there daemon prince rules in Fantasy? I don't really focus on Chaos too much.

Obviously. The original Daemon Prince model was a fantasy one.

She's technically not a Daemon.

Khorne screamed her back to life and mutated her head, legs, and back.

Can anyone with a Gnoblar and a goblin model in a similar posture post them next to each other for scale?

What game is she from?

>Khorne screamed her back to life and mutated her head, legs, and back.

Pregnant Khorne?

Fate/Extra

Thanks senpai

No problem, I have to get around to playing it myself.

Bump.

New rumors?

Right now I'm trying to decide on some Orcs.

The guy is offering 81 of the cool hand weapon and shield boys and 59 of the crappy old monopose arrer boys for $180.

Thoughts?
I get that that's really cheap compared to buying new, but these are mostly older models.
I could likely get them cheaper individually but I'm not likely to find them for the price I want in as large of a lot as he's got.
And I love green tides.

Hard to say. I'd say you should only buy them if you think it's likely you'll paint them.

Pretty good.

Trying to decide on an army to start for 9th Age. Either O&G, Beastmen or Vampire Covens. Anyone got a good breakdown of the factions? I'm totally new to WHFB.

Know any of the lore?

OnG are basically Orks from 40k but easier to deal with in that they regularly make deals and fight as mercenaries and most of them are afraid to die.
They're like an entire faction of roid raging dick as thieves.
There's enough in the early fluff to suggest females/mating and enough in the later fluff to suggest spores.
So you can have Orc cities with little orc babies in your own personal head canon if you'd like.

Beastmen are gross humans mutated by chaos powers into goat people that smear shit on everything, hate normies (REEEEEEEEEE), and will kill/rape anyone stepping 10 feet into the woods.

Vampire Counts are essentially what you play if you like your heroes being self inserts.
The majority of your soldiers are mindless skeletons and zombies that are controlled by your little vampire lord or necromancer alone.
You can be anything from an old world aristocrat that wants to live in relative peace with humans to a life-hating bat-monster.

I wouldn't buy the monopose guys. But that's just me.

Of the 3, greenskins are the more varied and with more shooting and artillery, still rely on numbers despite their strength and toughness due to leadership and generally low armour saves.

Beastmen are primitive, relatively poorly armored, like orcs, but more than sheer numbers they can make use of monsters, minotaurs and ambushing tactics to hammer the enemy. Little shooting.

Vampires rely more than anyone else on their heroes, undead troops in general, even the elites, can prove incapable of dealing the needed amount of damage to come out of combat not simply victorious, but in combat shape for more, monsters, ethereal and flying units on top of strong magic provide additional threats and tactical flexibility. Practically no shooting.

We're not going to get warhammer fantasy rumors for a very long time, if not forever; if you want generally fantasy rumors, GW will soon release elves-dryads hybrid models and a goddess of life riding a giant beetle.

Old World is going to be brought back as a setting within one of the realms.

Just the basics, but since I'm getting into 9th Age and not WHFB specifically, I don't really care about the lore just yet. I'm more about how the models look and how fun they are to play on the table.

Cool thanks, O&G sound pretty fun. Plus I hate painting normal flesh, so that helps.

Fake and gay

What was the slann great plan?

The Old Ones plan. Which was their To Do list and notes on the recipes that made the various races.

I thought they were trying to close polar gates or something.

Need the last Army Book FAQs/Erratas, no luck searching the links in op

Where can I get high quality Araby and Cathay style miniatures?

Personally I think the plan was to buy the Old Ones time while they fled to a dimension far from Chaos. That's why the had to create various races of varying abilities in an attempt to find one that could hold back the tide.

>it just seemed like it missed the mark.

Actually, they hit the mark for bloodless corpse-flesh quite well.

Vampires are corpses after all.

>you will never suckle on her ice cold titties

Nope.

Their plan regarding that was helping the Elves make the Vortex. Lileath's full-retard plan to destroy it made them realize that the Old Ones plan was unachievable.

youtu.be/SaW-chEUoLs
Yatzee jokes about Warhammer.
Vampires have blood, and don't count as corpses. Just undead.
They even have heartbeats.

Liber Necris and several army books says they can create the illusion of life, but that it takes concentration.

I assume that the blood she's using is better spent to power herself for combat over looking pretty.

Quick question from a WHFB newb:
In WHFB 8e (and also 9e, if it uses the same movement setup), how much would break if wheeling were removed and you just said "you can pivot around the center once during your movement" - fast cav and skirmishers and whatnot would be able to pivot as much as they want, more or less?

I ask because I play on Roll20 and wheeling is way slower and more obnoxious than simply pivoting, but I don't want to make such a change without asking people who actually know shit about the game.

The purpose of wheeling is to give a more realistic version of movement, and to punish large units (in theory) by making them REALLY have to pay attention to where the terrain is and what going near it will do to limit their actions (you don't march 10,000 men into town, you fight mostly in the field nearby).

But its not game breaking to change it. In 9th even less so because there is a max unit size, unlike 8e where you can have two small units and a single fuckmassive horde.

>you can't spend 100% of your time having fantasy battles
lies

hello new wallpaper

I have tons more

I have this startter set unassembled, I'm always tempted to clip and paint that general.

Make a cast of the sprues, and save the originals.

>moon man strikes again

How?

What's your favorite Warhammer trailer?

youtube.com/watch?v=dNFGJQIW5ZM

youtube.com/watch?v=-68bXPgH9Dk

youtube.com/watch?v=qjzLuddjIUI

isn't the general just a standard reiksguard knight

the arrer boyz never got a boxed release though, if I remember right. Was always a bit disappointed by that.

The bad moon and evil sun are classics.

Two part silicone for the mold, and a press-box with either greenstuff or resin.

Tons of how-tos online.

>What's your favorite Warhammer trailer?
From memory, easily Mark of Chaos. Largely because of the (i) focus and (ii) lack of magic in general.

What's yours?

>You will never explore mistery of Drachenfells with your wood elf waifu.

youtube.com/watch?v=6AQseMwiSYY

>What's your favorite Warhammer trailer?
Overall I'll have to go with Mark of Chaos (and the expansion's trailer), but any parts of WAR featuring orcs is a strong contender.
An orc just smashing into the rooftops in the background, the one repeatedly bashing the humie's head into the steps, the one hyping himself up for the catapult launch... it's pure love.
And that marauder made me roll one at launch.

Mark

Not too much dialogue. One battle. Gets the point across. It's a scene, rather than just a trailer.

Please, God, noooooooooo-

>Comments are disabled for this video.

Feels bad, man.

Basically this. THe 6th ed. starter set was a blessing of Sigmar. Also, I did my best to convert the 7ed empire general to resemble the one on the box art.

No. It had it's own sprue. All command for empire had a mounted version.

>there will never be a video game adaptation of WFRP quest modules

You can now.
youtube.com/watch?v=a33VfPvCka0

With your wood elf waifu of course.

> No new Vampire character

disappointing T B H

If we get new characters it'll be a Warrior Priest and a Slayer because they're iconic. Then we may get something more exotic like a Vampire or High/Dark Elf.

Vamps are just too fucking strong, even lesser ones like Genevieve can crush granite bare fisted.

Whoever gave her a fur cloak should be shot, it makes always-on-auras fucking mandatory.

Sweet, thanks!

>I have tons more
Post them.

skink when

The crash the plane of existence.

With no survivors

>LUMBAH FUTS

Not even a please?