So do any of you all use pic related or any other personality typings when creating a character? Examples welcomed!

So do any of you all use pic related or any other personality typings when creating a character? Examples welcomed!

Hard Mode: Give each Enneagram typing a class

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enneagram_of_Personality
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't use magic-circle pseudoscience nonsense for anything in my creativity.

I'd rather just make the character.

If you insist on using some pseudo-occult ritual to create them, I'll just draw nine tarot cards in order and base them off that.

Clockwise:

>Observer
Druid

>Loyal Skeptic
Rogue

>Epicure
Wizard

>Protector
Paladin

>Mediator
Monk

>Perfectionist
Fighter

>Performer
Bard

>Romantic
Warlock

Easy AF senpai

You forgot one

No, I didn't.

Is this some contrived way to bully the healer?

I just drew nine cards from my deck. The Hermit, The World, Strength, Justice, Magician, Fool, Lovers, Wheel of Fortune, and Chariot.

Get busy, user.

All major arcana? Sounds kinda rigged user.

Actually shuffle (while visualizing your character in your head), cut with your off-hand, and draw again.

1) Paladin
2) Cleric
3) Warlock
4) Bard
5) Wizard
6) Rogue
7) Sorcerer
8) Fighter
9) Monk

What is the purpose of that shape? Why do mediators, performers, and loyal skeptics form a triangle, while the other six form a weird figure that crosses over itself?

Because of math, duh.

>not using minor arcana
Never speak to me or my 4 of Cups ever again.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enneagram_of_Personality

>The enneagram figure is usually composed of three parts; a circle, an inner triangle (connecting 3-6-9) and an irregular hexagonal "periodic figure" (connecting 1-4-2-8-5-7). According to esoteric spiritual traditions, the circle symbolizes unity, the inner triangle symbolizes the "law of three" and the hexagon represents the "law of seven" (because 1-4-2-8-5-7-1 is the repeating decimal created by dividing one by seven in base 10 arithmetic). These three elements constitute the usual enneagram figure.

The "theory" is that a given type will tend to act more like one of the types it's connected to when it's more relaxed, and the other when it's more stressed. For example, a perfectionist acts more like a romantic when stressed and more like an epicurean when stressed.

Deuce of Staves
Eight of Temples
The Son
The Overlord of Swords
The Ring of Life
Five of Worlds
The Emerald Torch
Ace of Swords
The Hateful Priest

Because those are the digits that repeat when you divide 1 by 7 in decimal? What does that have to do with anything? How does the fundamental nature of human personality know what kind of number notation we use? Was it different for the Romans?

It's pseudoscience, what the fuck do you expect

>pseudoscience

>expecting new-age pseudoscience to be backed by logic

I could make up way better pseudoscience than this shit

>My pseudoscience can beat up your pseudoscience!

Enneagrams can be a useful jumping-off point for a character, but you shouldn't shackle the character completely to a single type.

And trying to apply it to real humans is dumb. People can behave like any one of the types under the right circumstances.

>Was it different for the Romans?
Not at all, the Romans still counted in base 10. Also numerical patterns are found everywhere in nature, like the golden ratio and the Fibonacci sequence.

Roman numerals aren't base anything; they're a fucking mess. Ask a Roman to name the digits of 1/7 and you'll get asked what the fuck a digit is and then get raped in the ass.

>I can make up better pseudoscience

You've perfectly summarized the precepts of pseudoscience with your claim, so I don't doubt it.

So I looked up zero and came about this.

>Records show that the ancient Greeks seemed unsure about the status of zero as a number. They asked themselves, "How can nothing be something?", leading to philosophical and, by the medieval period, religious arguments about the nature and existence of zero and the vacuum.

Even zero discussion devolves into religious arguments.

Math is srs bsnss. People have probably died over the question of whether irrational numbers exist.

Don't remind me of the battle for (1,0). Johnny completely lost his shit when the rest of the squad dies.

All those dead babies...

Any reason 6 is rogue?

Pic related says they're also known as "loyalists", I figured they would be paladins according to this chart.